Odisha Public Service Commission Recruitment 2013 for Mining Officer
Odisha Public Service Commission Recruitment 2013 to the posts of Mining Officer in ( Group B ) of Odisha Mining & Geology Service under Steel and Mines Department.
Odisha PSC Website : http://opsconline.gov.in
Online application form will be available till 03.6.2013, by 11:59 P.M
Last Date for receipt of application fee at any branch of state bank of India ( S.B.I. ) is 06.6.2013.
Last date for receipt of print out / hard copy of online application alongwith copy of specified documents / certificates is 17.6.2013 by 5.00 P.M.
1. Odisha Public Service Commission 2013 applications are invited online through the proforma application form to be made available on the website ( http://opsconline.gov.in ) from 03.5.2013 to 03.6.2013 ( Note : 06.6.2013 is the last date for payment of application fee ) for Recruitment to 3 ( Three ) posts of Mining Officer in ( Group B ) of Odisha Mining & Geology Service under Steel and Mines Department in the scale of pay of 9300 – 34800/- carrying Grade pay of 4600/- with usual Dearness and other Allowances as may be sanctioned by the Government of Odisha from time to time.
2. OPSC Mining Officer 2013 Vacancy Position : As per requisition filed by the Steel and Mines Department of Government of Odisha, the category wise vacancy position along with reservation thereof is given below :
- Exchange of reservation between Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe will not be considered.
- In the event of non-availability or availability of insufficient number of eligible / suitable women candidates belonging to any particular category, the vacancies or the remaining vacancies, reserved for women candidates of that category, shall be filled up by suitable male candidates of the same category.
- The number of vacancies to be filled up on the basis of Odisha Public Service Commission 2013 recruitment is subject to change by Government without notice, depending upon the exigencies of public service at the discretion of the State Government.
- The posts are permanent. The period of probation is two years. The appointment can be terminated on one month’s notice from either side without assigning any reason thereof.
3. Age Limit for OPSC Mining Officer 2013 : A candidate must be under 32 ( thirty two ) years and above 21 ( twenty one ) years of age on the 1st August 2012.
The upper age limit prescribed above is relaxable :
- By 5 ( five ) years for candidates belonging to the categories of Scheduled Caste ( S.C ), Scheduled Tribe ( S.T. ), Socially & Educationally Backward Classes ( S.E.B.C. ), Women and eligible Ex-servicemen.
- By 10 ( ten ) years for candidates belonging to ( Physically Handicapped ) category, whose disability should not be less than 40%.
Provided that, a candidate who comes under more than one category mentioned above, he / she will be eligible for only one age relaxation benefit, which shall be considered most beneficial to him / her.
Save as provided above the age limits prescribed can in no case be relaxed. The Date of birth entered in the High School Certificate or equivalent certificate issued by the concerned Board / Council will only be accepted by the Orissa Public Service Commission.
4. OPSC Mining Officer 2013 Educational Qualification
A candidate must have obtained :
At least 2nd Class Degree in Mining Engineering from any recognised University in India or Diploma in Mining or Applied Geology from Indian School of Mines and Applied Geology, Dhanbad or any other institution where such Diploma or certificate is considered equivalent to the degree of Mining Engineering.
5. OPSC Mining Officer 2013 Application Fee
A candidate is required to pay a non-refundable and non-adjustable fee of 200/- ( Rupees two hundred ) only. The candidates are required to take a printout of the finally submitted Online application form for future use and take a printout of Online Challan ( Pay-in-Slip ) for payment of requisite fee at any branch of State Bank of India ( SBI ). The fee paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee be adjusted or held in reserve for any other examination or recruitment. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe of Odisha & persons with disability are exempted from payment of this fee.
6. Method of Selection for OPSC Mining Officer 2013
The selection of candidates for recruitment to the posts will be made on the basis of career assessment and Viva Voce. The Odisha Public Service Commission at their discretion may short-list the candidates to a reasonable number, for conducting interview by making a preliminary selection either on the basis of evaluation of their academic career taking into account the requisite minimum educational qualification or by conducting a preliminary written test.
7. Other Eligibility Conditions
- The candidate must be a citizen of India;
- The candidate must be of (a) good moral character, and (b) sound health, good physique and active habits and free from organic defects or bodily infirmity so as not to create an impairment in the due discharge of duties.
- The candidate must be able to speak, read and write Odia fluently and must have passed : at least an examination in Odia language equivalent to that of Middle English School standard conducted by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha; or the Education Department of Government of Odisha or any other Board or Council of Secondary Education approved by the Government of Odisha in support of passing of Odia Language Test ( M.E. School standard );
- A candidate, who has more than one spouse living, will not be eligible for appointment unless the State Government has exempted his / her case from operation of this limitation for any good and sufficient reasons;
- If a candidate has at any time, been debarred for a certain period / chance(s) by the Odisha Public Service Commission or other State Public Service Commission or U.P.S.C. from appearing at any examination / interview, he / she will not be eligible for such recruitment for that specified period / chance(s);
- Government servants, whether temporary or permanent, are eligible to apply provided that they possess the requisite qualification and are within the prescribed age-limit as provided under para – 3 & 4 of the advertisement. They must inform their respective Heads of Offices in writing regarding submission of their applications for Odisha Public Service Commission recruitment and obtain “No Objection Certificate”
- Only those candidates, who fulfil the requisite qualification & within the prescribed age limit etc. by the closing date of filling up online application, will be considered eligible;
- Every candidate selected for appointment shall be examined by the Medical Board. A candidate, who fails to satisfy the Medical Board, shall not be appointed;
8. Certificates / Documents to be attached :
Candidates are required to submit along with the printout / Hard copy of online applications, true copies of the following documents duly attested by Gazetted Officer or self certified. The candidates are also required to mention on each document “submitted by me” and put their full signature on the same. They must not attach the original certificates to their applications. Only those who are called for the viva voce will be required to bring with them the original certificates, mark-sheets etc. of the attested copies, for verification at the time of viva voce. If a candidate fails to furnish any of the original documents in respect of the attested copies submitted with the application for verification on the date of interview before the interview starts, he / she shall not be allowed to appear at the interview.
- H.S.C. or equivalent certificate in support of declaration of age issued by the concerned Board / Council;
- Intermediate / +2 Examination Certificate issued by the concerned Board / Council;
- Degree / Diploma certificate issued by the recognized university;
- Mark-lists in support of all the aforesaid examination issued by the concerned Board / Council / University.
- Candidates who have not been awarded percentage of marks, but only “Grade Marks”, should, along with their applications, produce the conversion certificate from the concerned university indicating the actual equivalent percentage of marks and the conversion formula failing which, their applications are liable to be rejected.
- While filling up the relevant box of the online application form, the candidate has to mention details of marks secured in each semester / annual examination leading to award of Diploma / Degree.
- Attach two recent passport size photographs ( unsigned & unattested ) which has been uploaded with online application in printout / Hard copy of online application form.
- Certificates of conduct from the Principal / Proctor / Dean or Professor in charge of Teaching Department the College or University in which he / she last studied
- Caste Certificate by birth in support of claim as S.C. / S.T. / S.E.B.C. whichever applicable ( Please see Note 1 );
- Required odia pass certificate from the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha indicating Odia as a language subject equivalent to M.E. School Standard or a certificate from the Principal / Headmaster of the School indicating that the candidate has passed Odia in M.E. Standard; if not passed odia as a subject in the HSC Exam / Equivalent Exam.
- Discharge Certificates issued by the Commanding Officer of the unit last served wherever applicable
- Identity card issued by the Director of Sports, Odisha, wherever applicable;
- Disability Certificate ( indicating percentage of disability ) issued by the concerned Medical Board, wherever applicable;
- If a candidate claims to possess qualification, equivalent to the prescribed qualification, the rule / authority ( With number and date ) under which it is so treated, must be furnished with the application form.
Note 1 :
Candidates claiming to be belonging to S.C. / S.T. S.E.B.C Categories of Odisha by birth are required to submit copy of the relevant Caste Certificate issued by the competent authority in the prescribed form. Candidates of SEBC category ( other than Creamy Layer ) must submit copy of Caste Certificate issued by the competent authority within the last three years from the date of advertisement in the prescribed form.
- Women candidates belonging to S.C. / S.T. / S.E.B.C Categories are required to submit Caste Certificates by birth showing “Daughter of ____” Caste Certificates by virtue of marriage ( i.e. showing “wife of ____” ) are not acceptable and candidates submitting such certificate will be treated as belonging to U.R. category.
- OBC certificates will not be accepted in lieu of SEBC certificates and candidates submitting such certificate will be treated as U.R candidate.
- Candidates who submit S.E.B.C. certificate which is more than three years old as on the date of advertisement will be treated as belonging to U.R. category.
- Community ( Caste status ) once mentioned by the candidates shall not be changed under any circumstances. The competent authorities are : District Magistrate / Collector or Additional District Magistrate or Sub-divisional Magistrate / Sub-Collectors or Executive Magistrates or Revenue Officers, not below the rank of Tahasildar / Additional Tahasildar of Government of Odisha;
Note 2 :
Degree Certificate, Caste Certificate, Odia Test Pass Certificate, Discharge Certificate of Ex-servicemen, Identity Card of Sports persons and Disability Certificate of Physically Persons must have been issued by the competent authority within the last date fixed for submission of online application form.
9. OPSC Mining Officer 2013 Application Form
- Candidates must go through Orissa Public Service Commission 2013 advertisement available in the website of OPSC before filling up online application.
- Candidates must apply online through the website http://opsconline.gov.in Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily rejected.
- Before filling up the online application form, the candidates must go through the following documents available at OPSC portal.
- Instruction to fill up online application.
- Guideline for scanning and upload of photograph, Full signature & Left Hand Thumb Impression.
- Candidates are requested to upload the scanned image of latest passport size photograph along with scanned image of his / her full signature and scanned image of Left hand Thumb Impression ( LTI ) in the online application form. Uploaded photograph, specimen ( full ) signature and LTI must be clearly identifiable / visible, otherwise the application of the candidate is liable to be rejected by the Odisha Public Service Commission and no representation from the candidate will be entertained.
- Candidates should keep at least 2 copies of latest passport size photograph which is uploaded to the online application form for future use.
- The candidates are required to take a printout of the finally submitted Online Application form for future use and take a printout of Online Challan ( Pay-in-Slip ) for payment of requisite fee at the any branch of State Bank of India ( SBI ). The fee paid shall not be refunded under any circumstance nor can the fee be adjusted or held in reserve for any other examination or recruitment.
- On successful submission of application form, a Unique Registration ID will be displayed on the screen as well as top of the application form. Candidates are required to note down the Unique Registration ID and use it in future correspondence.
- Candidates are required to send the printout / Hard copy of the Online application form along with specified documents / certificates etc. as provided under para 9 of Odisha Public Service Commission advertisement along with OPSC copy of challan showing payment of examination fee, by Registered Post / Speed Post / Courier Service to the following address so as to reach the same in OPSC on or before 17.6.2013.
Odisha Public Service Commission,
19, Dr. P.K. Parija Road,
Cuttack – 753 001.
The SC / ST & disability candidates are not required to enclose the copy of challan showing payment of fee. The envelope containing the application must be superscribed “Application for Mining Officer” Application received after the closing date shall not be entertained. The Orrisha Public Service Commission will not take any responsibility if the application is not received in time. The candidate may also submit the copy of the printout / Hard copy of online application form along with specified documents / certificates etc. as provided under para 9 of Odisha Public Service Commission advertisement along with OPSC copy of challan showing payment of examination fee in the office of the Odisha Public Service Commission directly / personally on or before the last date of receipt of applications at the counter.
- The candidates are advised to submit the Online Application Form well in advance without waiting for the closing date to avoid last hour rush.
- Certificate of Admission to the OPSC Mining Officer examination or Interview to the eligible candidates will be uploaded in the website of OPSC prior to the date of examination or interview which will be published in the website and News paper. The candidates are required to download their Admission Certificate from website; No separate correspondence will be made on this score.
10. Facilitation Counter :
During filling up the online application form the candidate may contact facilitation counter of OCAC over Telephone No.18003456770 or 155335 from 10.00 A.M. to 5.00 P.M. ( Except Government of Odisha holidays ) for any technical guidance.
Regarding difficulty in payment of fee, if any, the candidates may contact SBI over Telephone No.0671-2368172 & 8984317100. In case of any guidance / information on advertisement & recruitment, candidates may contact the O.P.S.C. Facilitation Counter over TelephoneNo.0671 – 2304141 / 2305611 & Extn.- 229 or 223 in any working day between 10.30 A.M. to 1.30 P.M. & 2.00 P.M. to 5.00 P.M.