Odisha Public Service Commission Recruitment 2014 for Junior Assistant
Recruitment to the post of Junior Assistant ( Group C ) in the Office of the Odisha Public Service Commission, Cuttack.
Website : www.opsconline.gov.in
Odisha PSC Junior Assistant Important Dates 2014
|Online Application Form will be available till 18.08.2014 by 11:59 P.M.|
|Last Date for Receipt of Application Fee at Any Branch of State Bank of India ( SBI ) is 21.08.2014|
1. Applications are invited Online through the proforma Application Form to be made available on website ( http://opsconline.gov.in ) from 18.07.2014 to 18.08.2014 ( Note : 21.8.2014 is the last date for payment of application fees ) for recruitment to 04 ( four ) posts of Junior Assistant ( Group C ) in the office of the Odisha Public Service Commission, Cuttack on contractual basis. During the period of contractual appointment they shall draw consolidated monthly remuneration amountings of 5,200/- + Grade Pay 1900/-. These posts shall continue on contractual basis for a period of six years. On the date of satisfactory completion of six years of contractual service, they shall be deemed to have been regularly appointed.
2. OPSC Junior Assistant Vacancy Details 2014
|Category||No. of Posts|
|Total||04 ( 2 - w )|
|U.R.||02 ( 1 - w )|
|Scheduled Tribe||01 ( w )|
Out of the above vacancies, one vacancy is reserved for PWD ( OH ) candidate. The candidate belonging to PWD ( OH ) category shall be adjusted against the category to which he / she belongs. The physical requirement and functional classification of PWD suitable for the job is as follows :
|Short Form||Full Form|
|S||Work performed by sitting ( on bench or chair )
|H||Work performed by hearing / speaking|
|SE||Work performed by seeing|
|MF||Work performed by manipulating ( with fingers )|
|RW||Work performed by reading and writing|
|OL||One leg affected ( R and/or L )|
|OA||One arm affected ( R or L )
a. impaired reach
b. weakness of grip
|BL||Both legs affected but not arms|
a. The Exchange of reservation between S.T. & S.C. will not be considered.
b. The number of vacancies to be filled up on the basis of this Odisha PSC recruitment 2014 is subject to change by Odisha Public Service Commission without notice depending upon the exigencies at the discretion of the Odisha Public Service Commission.
3. OPSC Junior Assistant Educational Qualification 2014
- The candidate must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline from any University incorporated by an act of parliament or State Legislature in India or an Educational Institution established by an act of Parliament or deemed to be a University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission act, 1956 or a Foreign University approved by the Central Government.
- Candidates must have adequate knowledge in basic computer skill.
4. Age Limit for OPSC Junior Assistant 2014
The candidate must not be under 21 ( twenty one ) years and must not be above the age of 32 ( thirty two ) years as on the 1st January, 2014 i.e. he / she must not have been born earlier than 2nd January, 1982, and not later than 1st January, 1993. The upper age – limit is relaxable by 5 ( five ) years for candidates belonging to the categories of Scheduled Castes ( S.C.), Scheduled Tribes ( S.T.), Socially & Educationally Backward Classes ( S.E.B.C.), Women and 10 years in respect of PWD candidates.
Every Ex – servicemen who has put in not less than six months continuous service in Armed Forces of the Union shall be allowed to deduct the period of such service from his actual age and if the resultant age does not exceed the maximum age limit shall be deemed to satisfy the conditions regarding age limits.
Provided that a candidate who comes under more than one category mentioned above, shall be eligible for only one age relaxation benefit, which shall be considered most beneficial to him / her. Save as provided above, the Age Limits Prescribed can in no case be Relaxed. The date of birth entered in the High School Certificate or equivalent Certificate issued by the concerned Board / Council will only be accepted by the Selection Board.
5. OPSC Junior Assistant Application Fee 2014
Candidates are required to pay a non – refundable and non – adjustable fee of 300/-( Rupees three hundred ) only. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe of Odisha only & PWD candidates are exempted from payment of this fee.
6. Plan of OPSC Junior Assistant Examination 2014
- The selection of candidates for recruitment to the posts of OPSC Junior Assistant 2014 will be made through a competitive examination to be conducted by the Odisha Public Service Commission.
- The details of Scheme & Subjects for the OPSC Junior Assistant Examination 2014 and the Syllabus are mentioned in below.
- The Selection Board shall be competent to fix up the qualifying marks in any or all the subjects of the OPSC Junior Assistant examination 2014 and skill test in Computer ( Practical ).
7. Place of OPSC Junior Assistant Examination 2014
- The OPSC Junior Assistant written examination 2014 will be held at Cuttack. It may also be held at Bhubaneswar / Balasore / Berhampur / Sambalpur depending on the number of candidates from the respective zone.
- The candidates are to mention their choice of Examination Zone at appropriate place in the Odisha PSC Recruitment 2014 Online Application Form.
8. Other Eligibility Conditions for OPSC Junior Assistant 2014
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- The candidate must be able to speak, read and write Odia fluently and must have passed; at least an examination in Odia language equivalent to that of Middle English School standard conducted by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha; or the Education Department of Government of Odisha or any Board or Council of Secondary Education approved by the Government of Odisha in support of passing of Odia Language Test ( M.E. School standard );
- The candidate must have good character.
- The candidate must have sound health & active habits and free from any mental infirmity and shall be required to produce a certificate of fitness from the Chief District Medical officer or a Medical Officer or equivalent rank at the time of joining;
- A candidate, who has more than one spouse living, will not be eligible for appointment unless the State Government has exempted his / her case from operation of this limitation for any good and sufficient reasons; Provided that the appointing authority, if satisfied that there are special reasons for doing so, exempt him / her from the operation of this clause.
- If a candidate has at any time, been debarred for a certain period / chance ( s ) by the Odisha Public Service Commission or other State Public Service Commission or U.P.S.C. from appearing at any examination / interview, he / she will not be eligible for such Odisha PSC recruitment for that specified period / chance(s);
- Only those candidates, who fulfil the requisite qualification & within the prescribed age limit etc. by the last date of Odisha PSC Recruitment 2014 Online Application, will be considered eligible;
9. Other Conditions for Odisha PSC Recruitment 2014
- At present, only the online applications are invited from the candidates for admissible to the written examination. After declaration of result of written examination the candidate who qualified in the written examination will be required to furnish print out / hard copy of online application form along with photo copies of certificate and documents as stated at para 12 of this advertisement on or before the prescribed date, which will be declared later on, for consideration of their eligibility for admission to the computer skill test.
- The provisions of the Odisha Conduct of Examination Act 1988 ( Odisha Act-2 of 1988 ) are applicable to the examination conducted by the Odisha Public Service Commission.
- A candidate found guilty of seeking support for his / her candidature by offering illegal gratification or applying pressure on any person connected with the conduct of the Odisha Public Service Commission recruitment process or found indulging in any type of malpractice in course of the selection or otherwise, shall, in addition to rendering himself / herself liable to criminal prosecution, be disqualified not only for the recruitment for which he / she is a candidate, but also may be debarred, either permanently or for a specified period, from any recruitment or selection to be conducted by the Odisha PSC Commission.
- Applications submitted to OPSC if found to be incomplete in any respect are liable to rejection without entertaining any correspondence with the applicants on that score.
- Admission to Examination / Practical Skill Test will be provisional. If on verification at any stage before or after the OPSC examination / pratical skill test, it is found that a candidate does not fulfil all the eligibility conditions, his / her candidature shall be liable to rejection. Decision of the Odisha PSC Commission in regard to eligibility or otherwise of a candidate shall be final.
- Odisha PSC Job advertisement should not be construed as binding on the Government to make contractual appointment.
- Concessions meant for S.C., S.T. and SEBC by Birth are admissible to the Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and Socially & Educationally Backward Class of Odisha only.
- Appointment to the posts are contractual. The appoitment can be terminated on one month’s notice from either side without assigning any reason thereof.
- No one will be admitted to the examination / pratical skill test unless he / she holds a certificate of admission. The certificate of admission will be uploaded in the website of the Odisha Public Service Commission prior to the date of examination / practical skill test. The eligible candidates are required to download the admission certificate and produce the same for admission to the examination / practical skill test. No separate admission certificate will be sent to the candidates.
- Any misrepresentation or suppression of information by the candidate in the application form for OPSC Junior Assistant will result in cancellation of his / her candidature or penalty, as decided by the selection board be imposed on the candidate.
- Mere empanelment in the select list shall not confer any right for contractual appointment unless the OPSC is satisfied after making such enquiry as may be deemed necessary that the candidate is suitable in all respects for contractual appointment to the service.
10. How to Apply for OPSC Lecturer Jobs 2014
- Candidate must go through the details of Odisha PSC Advertisement available in website of the OPSC before filling up the Online Application Form.
- Candidates must apply online through the website of OPSC http://opsconline.gov.in. Odisha PSC applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily rejected.
- Before filling up the online application form, the candidates must go through the following documents available at OPSC portal :
- Instructions to fill up the Online Application Form for Odisha PSC Jobs 2014.
- Guidelines for scanning and Uploading of Photograph, Full Signature & Left Thumb Impression.
- Candidates are required to upload the scanned image of latest passport size photograph along with scanned image of his / her full signature and scanned image of Left Thumb Impression ( LTI ) in the Online Application Form. The Uploaded photograph, full signature and LTI must be clearly identifiable / visible, otherwise the application of the candidate is liable to be rejected by the Odisha PSC Commission and no representation from the candidate will be entertained.
- Candidates should keep at least 2 copies of latest passport size photograph which is uploaded on the Odisha PSC online application form for future use.
- Candidates are required to take a Printout of the finally submitted Online Application Form for future use and take a printout of Online Challan ( Pay-in-Slip ) for payment of requisite fee at any branch of State Bank of India ( SBI ). The fee(s) paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee(s) be adjusted or held in reserve for any other examination or recruitment.
- On successful submission of the online application form, an Unique Registration ID will be displayed on the screen as well as top of the application form. Candidates are required to note down the unique Registration ID and use it in future correspondence.
- At present, only the online applications are invited from the candidates for admission to the written examination. Candidates who qualify in the written examination will be required to send the Printout / Hard copy of the filled in Online Application duly signed under the declaration along with copies of required certificates and documents etc., as provided under para 12 of OPSC advertisement and the OPSC copy of Challan showing payment of Application fee, by Registered Post / Speed Post to the following address so as to reach the same in the office of the OPSC on or before the date which will be notified in due course.The Special Secretary,
Odisha Public Service Commission,
19, Dr. P.K. Parija Road,
Cuttack – 753001.The envelope containing the Printout / Hard copy of the online application alongwith copies of requisite certificates and documents etc must be superscribed “Application for the post of Junior Assistant”. Application received after the closing date shall not be entertained. The Odisha Public Service Commission will not take any responsibility if the application is not received in time.
- The candidates are advised to submit the Online Application well in advance without waiting for the closing date to avoid last hour rush.
- Certificate of Admission to the examination / practical skill test to the eligible candidates will be uploaded in the Website of the OPSC prior to the date of examination, which will be published in the Website and News paper. The candidates are required to download their Admission Certificate from the Website of the Odisha PSC Commission and produce the same for admission to the examination or practical skill test. No separate correspondence will be made on this score.
11. Facilitation Counter : For any technical guidance on filling up of Online Application Form, the candidates may contact facilitation counter of O.C.A.C. over Toll free No. 18003456770 or 155335 between 10.30.A.M. to 1.30 P.M. and 2.00 P.M. to 5.00 P.M.
Regarding difficulty in payment of fee, if any, the candidates may contact SBI over Telephone No. 0671-2368267 and 9437039604. In case of any guidance / information on this advertisement and recruitment, candidates may contact the O.P.S.C. Facilitation Counter over Telephone No. 0671-2304141 / 2305611 & Extn. – 224 & 205 in any working day between 10.30 A.M. to 1.30 P.M. & 2.00 P.M. to 5.00 P.M.
The candidates are required to visit the Website of the Odisha PSC Commission at http://opsc.gov.in or http://opsc.gov.in for detailed information about the programme of the examination / computer skill test, rejection notice and other important notices etc. and also keep track of publication of various notices to this effect in the leading local daily newspapers for information.
12. Syllabus of Examination
Scheme and Subjects for the OPSC Junior Assistant Examination 2014
|Paper I||Language Test ( English & Odia )||100||2 hours|
|Paper II||General Knowledge ( Objective )||100||1 hour|
|Paper III||Mathematics ( Objective )||100||3 hours|
|Basic Computer Skills ( Objective )||100|
|Practical Skill Test|
|Basic Computer Skills||50||1 hour|
- The standard of examination shall be equivalent to that of Higher Secondary Examination.
- Those who will qualify the written test shall be called for the practical skill test.
- The practical skill test shall be of qualifying nature.
- There will be negative marking in paper II & III ( objective type ) for wrong answers i.e @25% of the allotted mark to a particular question.
OPSC Junior Assistant Exam Syllabus 2014
1. Language Test ( English and Odia )
A. English Language Test : ( 50 Marks )
- Grammer : ( 20 Marks )
- Verbs : Tenses, Modal, Active and Passive voice, Subject – verb concord, non – finite verb forms ( infinitives and participles ).
- Sentence Structure : Connectors, Types of sentences, Types of Phrases and Clause, Direct & Indirect speech, Comparison.
- Other Areas : Determiners, Pronouns, Prepositions
- Reading : ( 10 marks )Unseen passage ( 400 – 450 words in length ) with a variety of comprehension questions including vocabulary.
- Writing ( 20 Marks )
- Essay writing on familiar topics ( within 250 words ) ( 10 marks)
- Letter Writing ( Personal letter, applications, Business ( 10 marks ) and Official ) ( within 150 words ).
B. Odia Language Test : ( 50 Marks )
a. Grammar ( 20 marks )
|1. Transformation of Sentences||( 02 marks )|
|2. Transformation of words ( noun to adjective and adjective to noun )||( 02 marks )|
|3. Sandhi||( 02 marks )|
|4. Samasa||( 03 marks )|
|5. Antonyms and Synonyms||( 02 marks )|
|6. Correction of common errors in words||( 03 marks )|
|7. Idioms and Phrases||( 02 marks )|
|8. Taddhita and Krudanta||( 02 marks )|
|9. Punctuation marks||( 02 marks )|
b. Composition ( 20 marks )
|1. Essay writing on familiar topics and personality ( within 250 words )||( 10 marks )|
|2. Letter writing ( Personal letter, applications, Business and Official ) ( within 150 words )||( 05 marks )|
|3. Translation ( One English passage of around 100 words to be translated into Odia ).||( 05 marks )|
c. Comprehension of an unseen passage ( ( 5×2 ) = 10 marks )
( Five short questions to be asked ).
2. General Knowledge
In this category, there should be a series of questions of different categories like : ( 100 marks )
- Matching Historical events with dates, personalities and places,
- Geographical facts with places,
- States, Countries and Institutions with headquarters.
- Books and authors,
- Scientific facts and discoveries with dates, persons and uses,
- Current events with places and personalities, and
- Matching questions of miscellaneous type.
3. Mathematics – 100 marks
- Fractions and Decimals,
- Simple Interest and Compound Interest,
- Rates and Taxes, Insurance,
- Profit, Loss and Discount,
- Problems on Time and Work,
- Problems on Time and Distance
- Ratio and Proportion
Under this, there will be a series of question in practical Mathematics required for day to day use. The questions would be such as to test candidate’s ability to work out with quickness and accuracy.
4. Basic Computer Skills – ( 100 marks)
- MS Windows : Introduction of Windows.
- MS Office : MS Word, MS Power Point, MS Excel & MS Access.
5. Practical Skill Test : Topics for practical test – ( 50 Marks )
I. Windows operating system
To test some of the following basic system operations on file / folder(s) :
- Create, Rename, Copy / Cut / Paste, Delete.
- Using Clipboard.
II. MS Word
A Paragraph in MS Word incorporating some of the tools given below to be tested during the examination.
- Editing and Formatting test and paragraph.
- Page and Paragraph Setup.
- Inserting pictures and Word Art.
III. MS Power Point
A Power Point presentation with 2/3 slides using some of the tools given below to be tested during the examination :
- Editing and formatting slides.
IV. MS Excel
A problem in spreadsheet related to some of the tools given below to be tested during the examination :
- Formatting Cells and data.
- Functions & Formulae ( Relative, absolute and Mixed reference )
V. MS Access
A problem in MS Access related to some of the tools given below to be tested during the examination :
- Creating and entering data into a database.
- Setting the primary key.
*Printouts of the document(s) should be attached with the answer sheet.
Odisha Public Service Commission Recruitment 2014 for Junior Assistant
Related Keywords for Odisha Public Service Commission Recruitment 2014 for Junior Assistant : OPSC Junior Assistant Exam How to Apply 2014, OPSC Junior Assistant Online Application 2014, OPSC Junior Assistant Written Exam 2014, Odisha Public Service Commission Recruitment 2014 for Junior Assistant, Last Date for Applying OPSC Junior Assistant Exam 2014, OPSC Junior Assistant Exam Call Letter 2014, OPSC Junior Assistant Application Fee 2014, OPSC Junior Assistant Job Reservation 2014, OPSC Junior Assistant Exam Qualification 2014, OPSC Junior Assistant Exam Eligibility 2014, Age Limit for OPSC Junior Assistant 2014, OPSC Junior Assistant Selection 2014, Skill Test for OPSC Junior Assistant Exam 2014, OPSC Junior Assistant Exam Venue 2014, OPSC Junior Assistant Fee Challan Download 2014, OPSC Junior Assistant Exam Fee Date 2014, OPSC Junior Assistant Exam Syllabus Portions 2014, Subject for OPSC Junior Assistant Exam 2014, OPSC Junior Assistant Written Test Syllabus 2014, OPSC Junior Assistant Examination Papers 2014, OPSC Junior Assistant Exam Question Type 2014, OPSC Junior Assistant Exam Negative Marks 2014, OPSC Recruitment Exam 2014, OPSC Exam Online Application 2014, Odisha PSC Upcoming Exams, OPSC Latest Vacancies 2014,