Odisha PSC Recruitment 2016 :: Odisha PSC Inspector of Motor Vehicle Syllabus 2016
OPSC Recruitment for Inspector of Motor Vehicle, Additional R.T.O., Assistant Works Engineer
Odisha Public Service Commission Recruitment to the post of Inspector of Motor Vehicle / Additional R.T.O. (Enforcement) / Assistant Works Engineer in Group-B of OTES under Commerce and Transport (Transport) Department.
Odisha PSC applications are invited On-line through the proforma application to be made available on website ( http://lopsconline.gov.in) from 06th August, 2016 to 07th September, 2016 for recruitment to 21 (twenty one) posts of Inspector of Motor Vehicle Additional R.T.O. (Enforcement) / Assistant Works Engineer in Group-B of OTES under Commerce and Transport (Transport) Department in the scale of pay of 9,300-34,800/- carrying Grade Pay of 4600 /- with usual Dearness and other allowances as may be sanctioned by the Government of Odisha from time to time.
Odisha PSC Vacancy Position : As per requisition filled by the Commerce and Transport (Transport) Department, the vacancy position along with reservation thereof is given below :
|SI. No.||Category||Total Vacancy Position|
|2||Scheduled Caste||02 (01-w)|
|3||Scheduled Tribe||07 (02-w)|
- Out of the vacancies mentioned above, 01 post is reserved for Sports person. The candidate belonging to “Sports person category” when selected as per reservation provided for him/her shall be adjusted against the category to which he/she belongs.
- In case of non-availability of eligible/suitable Women candidate(s) belonging to the respective category, the unfilled vacancies of that category shall be filled up by eligible/suitable Male candidate(s) of the same category.
- The Exchange of reservation between SC & S.T. will not be considered.
Odisha PSC Eligibility Criteria
Odisha PSC Inspector of Motor Vehicle Recruitment 2016 Age Limit :
A candidate must be under 32 (thirty two) years and above 21 (twenty one) years of age on the 1st April, 2016 i.e. he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd April, 1984 and not later than 1st April, 1995.
Odisha Public Service Commission upper age limit is relaxable by 5(five) years for candidates belonging to the categories of Scheduled Castes (S.C.), Scheduled Tribes (S.T.), Socially & Educationally Backward Classes (S.E.B.C.), Women and Ex-servicemen.
Provided that in case a candidate who comes under more than one category mentioned above, he/she will be eligible for only one age relaxation benefit, which shall be considered most beneficial to him/her.
Save as Provided above, The Age Limits Prescribed can in no case be Relaxed.
Date of birth entered in the High School Certificate or equivalent Certificate issued by the concerned Board/Council will only be accepted by Odisha Public Service Commission.
OPSC Inspector of Motor Vehicle Educational Qualification :
A candidate shall hold a Degree in :-
- Automobile Engineering; or
- Mechanical Engineering with Automobile engineering as a subject
(b) Possess a license to drive a Transport Vehicle.
“Provided that candidates not possessing a valid driving license for Transport vehicle, shall undergo driving training of Transport vehicle in a recognized Heavy Motor Vehicle Driving Training School during the probation period. Possession of a valid driving license for Transport Vehicle will be a pre-requisite for completion of probation period and confirmation in the service. Failure to possess a driving license for Transport Vehicle before completion of probation period shall make the candidates liable for termination from service”.
Odisha PSC Inspector of Motor Vehicle Job Application Fee
A candidate is required to pay a non-refundable and nonadjustable fee of 300/- (Rupees three hundred) only. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe of Odisha only are exempted from payment of this fee.
OPSC Inspector of Motor Vehicle Method of Selection
The selection of candidates for recruitment to the post will be made on the basis of written test and Viva Voce Test.
- Odisha PSC Written Examination – 100 Marks
- Viva Voce Test – 15 Marks
The Plan of Examination and broad outlines of the syllabi for the said examination.
Place of OPSC Inspector of Motor Vehicle Examination : The written examination will be held at Cuttack.
Odisha PSC Other Eligibility Conditions for Inspector of Motor Vehicle Recruitment 2016
- The candidate must be a citizen of India;
- The candidate claiming to be S.E.B.C., S.C. & S.T. category must be by birth and must belong to State of Odisha.
- The candidate must be of good mental condition, bodily healthy and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the discharge of his/her duties in the service.
- The candidate must be able to speak, read and write Odia and must have passed a test in Odia language equivalent to Middle English School standard. Provided that the candidates who have passed the matriculation examination or an equivalent examination with odia as their academic language and the candidates who have passed matriculation examination with non language papers through the medium odia, shall be exempted from passing the language test.
- A candidate, who has more than one spouse living, will not be eligible for appointment unless the State Government has exempted his/her case from operation of this limitation for any good and sufficient reasons;
- Government servants, whether temporary or permanent, are eligible to apply provided that they possess the requisite qualification and are within the prescribed age limit as provided under Para-3 & 4 of the Advertisement. They must inform their respective Heads of Offices in writing regarding submission of their applications for this recruitment and obtain “No Objection Certificate”;
- If a candidate has at any time, been debarred for a certain periodjchance(s) by the Odisha Public Service Commission or other State Public Service Commission or U.P.S.C. from appearing at any examination/interview, he/she will not be eligible for such recruitment for that specified period/chance(s);
- Only those candidates, who fulfill the requisite qualification & are within the prescribed age limit etc. by the closing date of online application, will be considered eligible;
(b) Every candidate selected for appointment shall be examined by the Medical Board. A candidate, who fails to satisfy the Medical Board, shall not be appointed;
Odisha PSC Inspector of Motor Vehicle Other Conditions
- A Candidate found guilty of seeking support for his/her candidature by offering illegal gratification or applying pressure on any person connected with the conduct of the recruitment process or found indulging in any type of malpractice in course of the selection or otherwise, shall, in addition to rendering himself/herself liable to criminal prosecution, be disqualified not only for the recruitment for which he/she is a candidate, but also may be debarred, either permanently or for a specified period, from any recruitment or selection to be conducted by Odisha Public Service Commission;
- The provisions of the Odisha Conduct of Examination Act 1988 (Odisha Act-2 of 1988) are applicable to the examination conducted by the Odisha Public Service Commission.
- Odisha PSC Inspector of Motor Vehicle applications submitted to OPsc’ if found to be incomplete in any respect are liable to rejection without entertaining any correspondence with the applicants on that score;
- Admission to Examination/viva voce will be provisional. If on verification at any stage before or after the examination/viva voce, it is found that a candidate does not fulfil all the eligibility conditions, his/her candidature will be liable to rejection. Decision of Odisha Public Service Commission in regard to eligibility or otherwise of candidate shall be final.
- This advertisement should not be construed as binding on the Government to make appointment;•
- The posts are permanent. The period of probation is one year from the date he/she actually joins in the post and may be extended at the discretion of the Government The appointment can be terminated on one months notice from either side without assigning any reason thereof.
- The duty is technical in nature. Enforcement of provisions under M.V. Act/Rules, Inspections of vehicles and as prescribed by Government from time to time.
- Candidates are required to take due care to annex with the printout/hard copy of online applications, the copies of certificates and other documents as stated under Para-11 of this advertisement.
- No one will be admitted to the examination unless he/she holds a certificate of admission uploaded in the website of OPSC. The eligible candidates are required to download their admission certificate from the website of Odisha Public Service Commission and produce the same before the Centre Supervisor for admission to the Examination Centre
- All persons appointed under the Government of Odisha on or after 1st January, 2005 shall not be eligible for pension as defined under sub-rule(1) of Rule-3 of the Odisha Civil Service (Pension) Rules, 1992; but shall be covered by the defined Contribution Pension Scheme in accordance with the Odisha Civil Service (Pension) Amendment Rules, 2005;
- Any misrepresentation or suppression of information by the candidate in the online application, will result in cancellation of the candidature or penalty, as decided by Odisha Public Service Commission be imposed on the candidate.
- Mere empanelment in the select list shall not confer any right for appointment. unless the Government is satisfied after making such enquiry as may be deemed necessary that the candidate is suitable in all respects for appointment to the service.
How to Apply for Odisha PSC Inspector of Motor Vehicle Recruitment 2016
- Candidate must go through details of this advertisement before filling up online application.
- Candidates must apply online through Odisha Public Service Commission website http://opsconline.gov.in. Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily be rejected.
- Before filling up the online application form, the candidates must go through the following documents available at OPSC portal.
- Instruction to fill up Odisha PSC online application.
- Guideline for scanning and Uploading the Photograph, Full Signature & Left Thumb Impression.
- Candidates are required to upload the scanned image of latest passport size photograph along with scanned image of his/her full signature and scanned image of Left Thumb Impression(LTI) in the online application form. Uploaded photograph, specimen (full) signature and LTI must be clearly identifiable/visible, otherwise the application of the candidate is liable to be rejected by Odisha Public Service Commission and no representation from the candidate will be entertained.
- Candidates should keep at least 2 copies of latest passport size photograph which is uploaded to the online application form for future use.
- The candidates are required to take a printout of the finally submitted Online Application Form for future use and take a printout of Online Challan (Pay-in-Slip) for payment of requisite fee at any branch of State Bank of India (SBI). The Fee(s) paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee(s) be adjusted or held in reserve for any other examination or recruitment.
- On successful submission of application form, an Unique Registration ID will be displayed on the screen as well as top of the application form. Candidates are requested to note down the Unique Registration ID and use it in future correspondence.
- Candidates are required to send the Printout/Hard copy of the filled in Online Application Form duly signed under the declaration along with copies of required certificates and documents etc., the OPSC copy of Challan showing payment of application fee, by Registered Post/Speed Post/Courier Service to the following address :Special Secretary,
Odisha Public Service Commission,
19, Dr. P.K. Parija Road,
Cuttack-753001.So as to reach the same in the office of the OPSC on or before 20th September, 2016.
- The envelope containing the printout/hard copy of the online application along with copies of requisite certificates and documents etc. must be superscribed “Application for Inspector of Motor Vehicle/Additional R.T.O. (Enforcement)/Assistant Works Engineer. Application received after the closing date shall not be entertained. Odisha Public Service Commission will not take any responsibility if the application is not received in time.
- The candidates are advised to submit the Online Application Form well in advance without waiting for the closing date to avoid last hour rush.
- Certificate of Admission to the Examination, or Interview of the eligible candidates will be uploaded in the Website of OPSC prior to the date of examination/interview which will be published in the website http://opsconline.gov.in. The candidates are required to download their Admission Certificate for examination/intimation letter for w test from Website. No separate correspondence will be made on this score.
OPSC Application Form Closing Date 2016
- Odisha PSC online applications shall be available in the website from 06th August, 2016 to 07th September, 2016 till 11.59 P.M.
- Last Date for Receipt of Odisha Public Service Commission application Fee at any Branch of State Bank of India is 09th September, 2016.
- Last Date for Receipt of hard Copy/Print Copy of Odisha PSC application is 20th September, 2016.