Odisha Public Service Commission Recruitment 2012 for Geologists – OPSC Geologists Job Application
OPSC Recruitment 2012 to the post of Geologist in ( Group – B ) of Odisha Mining and Geology Service under Steel and Mines Department.
Website : http://opsconline.gov.in
- Online application form for OPSC 2012 will be available till 10.11.2012 11:59 P.M.
- Last date for receipt of OPSC 2012 application fee at any SBI branch is 14.11.2012.
- Last date for receipt of Print out / Hard Copy of Online application for OPSC 2012 alongwith Copy of Specified Documents / Certificate is 24.11.2012 by 5.00 P.M.
1. Odisha Public Service Commission invites Online applications through the proforma application to be made available on OPSC website ( http://opsconline.gov.in ) from 10.10.2012 to 10.11.2012 ( Note : 14.11.2012 is the last date for payment of application fees ) for recruitment to 27 ( Twenty Seven ) posts of Geologist in ( Group – B ) of Odisha Mining and Geology Service under Steel and Mines Department in the scale of pay of 9300-34800/- carrying Grade Pay of 4600/- with usual Dearness and other Allowances as may be sanctioned by the Government of Odisha from time to time.
2. Geologists Vacancy Position in OPSC 2012 :
As per requisition filed by the Steel and Mines Department, the OPSC vacancy position along with reservation thereof is given below :
Category No. of OPSC Geologist Posts
- U.R. 09 ( 03 – Women )
- Scheduled Caste 05 ( 02 – Women )
- Scheduled Tribe 06 ( 02 – Women )
- S.E.B.C. 07 ( 03 – Women ) Total – 27 ( 10 – Women )
- Out of the OPSC vacancies mentioned above, 01 ( one ) post is reserved for Ex-Serviceman, 01 ( one ) post is reserved for Sports person. The candidates belonging to Ex-Servicemen / Sports person when selected as per reservation provided for them, shall be adjusted against the categories to which they belong.
- In case of non-availability of eligible / suitable Women candidate(s) belonging to the respective category, the unfilled vacancies in ODSC of that category shall be filled up by eligible / suitable Male candidate(s) of the same category.
- The Exchange of reservation between SC & S.T. will not be considered.
3. Educational Qualification for OPSC Geologists Jobs 2012 :
A candidate must hold at least 2nd Class M.Sc. in Geology or Applied Geology from any recognized University in India or Diploma in Applied Geology from Indian School of Mines and Applied Geology, Dhanbad degree, diploma or certificate of Indian Institute of Technology or from any other institute where such degree, diploma or certificate is considered equivalent to Post graduate degree in Geology.
4. Age Limit for Geologist Post in OPSC : (i) A candidate must be under 32 ( thirty two ) years and above 21 ( twenty one ) years of age on the 1st August, 2012 i.e. he / she must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1980, and not later than 1st August, 1991. The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 ( five ) years for candidates belonging to the categories of Scheduled Castes ( S.C. ), Scheduled Tribes ( S.T. ), Socially & Educationally Backward Classes ( S.E.B.C. ), Women, Ex-servicemen, and by 10 ( ten ) years for Physically Handicapped candidates. Provided that in case a candidate who comes under more than one category mentioned above, he / she will be eligible for only one age relaxation benefit, which shall be considered most beneficial to him / her.
Save as provided above, the age limits for OPSC Geologist prescribed can in no case be relaxed. Date of birth entered in the High School Certificate or equivalent Certificate issued by the concerned Board / Council will only be accepted by the Odisha Public Service Commission.
5. Application Fee for OPSC Geologist Jobs 2012 : A candidate is required to pay a non-refundable and non-adjustable fee of 200/- ( Rupees two hundred ) only. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe of Odisha only are exempted from payment of this fee. The candidates are required to take a printout of the finally submitted OPSC Online Application Form for future use and take a printout of Online Challan ( Pay-in-Slip ) for payment of requisite fee at any branch of State Bank of India ( SBI ). The Fee(s) paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee(s) be adjusted or held in reserve for any other examination or OPSC ecruitment.
6. OPSC Geologist Job Method of Selection : The selection of candidates for recruitment to the post will be made on the basis of career assessment and Viva Voce Test. The Commission at their discretion may short-list the candidates to a reasonable number, for conducting interview by making a preliminary selection either on the basis of evaluation of their academic career taking into account the requisite minimum educational qualification or by conducting a preliminary written test.
7. Other Eligibility Conditions :
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- A candidate must be of sound health, good physique, active habits and free from organic defects or bodily infirmity and otherwise suitable for active work in workshop and field work and shall be required to appear before the State Medical Board for medical examination as to his physical and mental fitness.
- The candidate must be able to speak, read and write Odia fluently and must have passed at least an examination in Odia language equivalent to that of Middle English School standard conducted by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha; or the Education Department of Government of Odisha or any other Board or Council of Secondary Education approved by the Government of Odisha in support of passing of Odia Language Test ( M.E. School standard ).
- A candidate, who has more than one spouse living, will not be eligible for appointment unless the State Government has exempted his / her case from operation of this limitation for any good and sufficient reasons.
- Government servants, whether temporary or permanent, are eligible to apply provided that they possess the requisite qualification and are within the prescribed age-limit as provided under Para-3 & 4 of the Advertisement. They must inform their respective Heads of Offices in writing regarding submission of their applications for this recruitment and obtain “No Objection Certificate”.
- If a candidate has at any time, been debarred for a certain period / chance(s) by the Odisha Public Service Commission or other State Public Service Commission or U.P.S.C. from appearing at any examination / interview, he / she will not be eligible for such recruitment for that specified period / chance(s).
- Only those candidates, who fulfil the requisite qualification & within the prescribed age limit etc. by the last date of filling up online application, will be considered eligible.
- Every candidate selected for appointment shall be examined by the Medical Board. A candidate, who fails to satisfy the Medical Board, shall not be appointed.