1. Odisha Public Service Commission Recruitment 2013 for Drugs Inspector
Recruitment to the post of Drugs Inspector in Class-II ( Group-B ) of State Service under the Health & Family Welfare Department.
Website – http://opsconline.gov.in
Important Dates for Odisha PSC Drugs Inspector Jobs 2013 :
- Online Application Form for Odisha PSC Jobs 2013 will be available till 12.11.2013 by 11:59 P.M.
- Last date for receipt of application fee at any branch of State Bank of India ( SBI ) is 15.11.2013.
- Last date for receipt of Print Out / Hard Copy of Online Application alongwith copies of requisite certificates and documents is 25.11.2013 by 5.00 P.M.
Applications for Odisha PSC are invited Online through the Proforma Application Form to be made available on website ( http://opsconline.gov.in ) from 08.10.2013 to 12.11.2013.
( Note : 15.11.2013 is the last date for payment of application fees ) for recruitment to 03 ( three ) posts of Drugs Inspector in Class-II ( Group-B ) of State Service under the Health & Family Welfare Department in the scale of pay of 9,300-34,800/- carrying the Grade Pay of 4,600/- with usual Dearness Allowance and other allowances as may be sanctioned by the Government of Odisha from time to time. The posts are permanent.
2. Vacancy Position for Odisha PSC 2013 :
As per requisition filed by the Health & Family Welfare Department, Government of Odisha, the vacancy position along with reservation thereof is given below :
|Sr. No.||Category||No. of Posts|
|(i)||Unreserved||02 ( 1-w )|
|Total||03 ( 1-w )|
- In case of non-availability of eligible / suitable Women candidate, the vacancy or the remaining vacancy will be filled up by suitable Male candidate of the same category.
- The Exchange of reservation between S.T. & S.C. will not be considered.
- The number of vacancies for Odisha Public Service Commission to be filled up on the basis of this recruitment is subject to change by Government without notice depending upon the exigencies at the discretion of the Government.
3. Educational Qualification for Odisha PSC Jobs 2013 :
A candidate must have possessed a degree in Pharmacy or Pharmaceutical Sciences or Medicine with specialisation in Clinical Pharmacology or Microbiology from a University established in India by law. No person who has any financial interest in the import / manufacture of sale of drugs and cosmetics shall be appointed as an Inspector, under the Drugs & Cosmetics Rules, 1945.
4. Odisha PSC Job Age Limit 2013 :
A candidate must not be under 21 ( twenty one ) years and must not be above the age of 32 ( thirty two ) years as on the 1st January, 2013 i.e. he / she must not have been born earlier than 2nd January, 1981, and not later than 1st January, 1992.
The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 ( five ) years for candidates belonging to the categories of Scheduled Castes ( S.C. ), Scheduled Tribes ( S.T. ), Socially & Educationally Backward Classes ( S.E.B.C. ), Women and eligible Ex-Servicemen.
In the case of candidates already in Odisha Government Service, the upper age limit is relaxable to the extent of the period of their service rendered under the Government subject to a maximum period of 5 years. Such Government Servants having requisite qualification and experience may apply for the post alongwith the certificate showing the period of service under the Government of Odisha obtained from the appointing authority.
Provided that a candidate who comes under more than one category mentioned above, shall be eligible for only one age relaxation benefit, which shall be considered most beneficial to him / her.
Save as provided above, the age limits prescribed can in no case be relaxed.
The date of birth entered in the High School Certificate or equivalent Certificate issued by the concerned Board / Council will only be accepted by the Odisha Public Service Commission.
5. Application Fee for Odisha PSC Vacancies 2013
A candidate is required to pay a non-refundable and non-adjustable fee of 300/- ( Rupees three hundred ) only. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe of Odisha only are exempted from payment of this fee.
6. Method of Selection for Odisha PSC Jobs 2013 :
- The selection of candidates for recruitment to the post shall be made on the basis of written test / examination and Viva Voce Test.
- The written examination will consist of two papers. The examination in Pharmacy will be covered in Paper-I consisting of 200 marks. The examination in General Knowledge will cover in Paper-II consisting of 50 marks.
- The Commission shall conduct the Viva Voce Test for 25 marks.
- The Commission will short-list the candidates to be called for viva voce test to a reasonable number taking into consideration the marks secured in the written examination above the cut-off point to be fixed by the Commission.
The plan of examination and broad outlines of the syllabus for the said examination are enclosed ( Appendix-I ).
7. Place of Examination for Odisha PSC 2013 :
The written examination will be held at Cuttack. It may also be held at Bhubaneswar / Balasore / Berhampur / Sambalpur depending on the number of candidates from the respective zone.
The candidates are to mention their choice of Examination Zone at appropriate place in the Online Application Form.
8. Other Eligibility Conditions for Odisha PSC Jobs 2013 :
- The candidate must be a citizen of India;
- The candidate should be able to speak, read and write Odia and should have had Odia as a language subject in the Middle English School standard or any equivalent examination, or has been declared to have passed a test in Odia language equivalent to the Middle English School Standard conducted by the School & Mass Education Department of Government of Odisha;
- The candidate must have good character and satisfactory antecedents.
- The candidate must have sound health / good physique, active habits and free from organic defects or bodily / mental infirmity.
- A candidate, who has more than one spouse living, will not be eligible for appointment unless the State Government has exempted his / her case from operation of this limitation for any good and sufficient reasons;
- Government servants, whether temporary or permanent, are eligible to apply provided that they possess the requisite qualification and are within the prescribed age limit as provided under Para-3 & 4 of the Advertisement. They must inform their respective Heads of Offices in writing regarding submission of their applications for this recruitment and obtain “No Objection Certificate”;
- If a candidate has at any time, been debarred for a certain period / chance(s) by the Odisha Public Service Commission or other State Public Service Commission or U.P.S.C. from appearing at any examination / interview, he / she will not be eligible for such recruitment for that specified period / chance(s);
- Only those candidates, who fulfil the requisite qualification & within the prescribed age limit etc. by the last date of Online Application, will be considered eligible;
- Every candidate selected for appointment shall be examined by the Medical Board. A candidate, who fails to satisfy the Medical Board, shall not be appointed;
9. Other Conditions for Odisha PSC Recruitment 2013 :
- The provisions of the Odisha Conduct of Examination Act 1988 ( Odisha Act-2 of 1988 ) are applicable to the examination conducted by the Odisha Public Service Commission;
- A candidate found guilty of seeking support for his / her candidature by offering illegal gratification or applying pressure on any person connected with the conduct of the recruitment process or found indulging in any type of malpractice in course of the selection or otherwise, shall, in addition to rendering himself / herself liable to criminal prosecution, be disqualified not only for the recruitment for which he / she is a candidate, but also may be debarred, either permanently or for a specified period, from any recruitment or selection to be conducted by the Commission;
- Print out / hardcopy of online applications submitted to OPSC if found to be incomplete in any respect are liable to rejection without entertaining any correspondence with the applicants on that score;
- Admission to Examination / viva voce test will be provisional. If on verification at any stage before or after the Examination / viva voce test, it is found that a candidate does not fulfil all the eligibility conditions, his / her candidature shall be liable to rejection. Decision of the Commission in regard to eligibility or otherwise of candidate shall be final;
- This advertisement should not be construed as binding on the Government to make appointment;
- Concessions meant for S.C., S.T. & SEBC by Birth are admissible to the Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and Socially & Educationally Backward Classes of Odisha only;
- Candidates are required to take due care to annex with the copy of the printout / hard copy of Online Application, the copies of certificates and other requisite documents as stated under Para-10 of this advertisement;
- These posts are permanent. The appointment can be terminated on one month’s notice from either side without assigning any reason thereof;
- No one will be admitted to the examination / interview unless he / she holds a certificate of admission. The certificate of admission will be uploaded in the website of the Commission prior to the date of examination / interview. The eligible candidates are required to download the admission certificate and produce the same for admission to the examination / interview. No separate admission certificate will be sent to the candidates;
- All persons appointed under the Government of Odisha on or after 1st January, 2005 shall not be eligible for pension as defined under sub-rule(1) of Rule-3 of the Odisha Civil Service ( Pension ) Rules, 1992; but shall be covered by the defined Contribution Pension Scheme in accordance with the Odisha Civil Service ( Pension ) Amendment Rules, 2005;
- Any misrepresentation or suppression of information by the candidate in the online application form or in the hard copy of application will result in cancellation of his candidature or penalty, as decided by the Commission be imposed on the candidate;
- Mere empanelment in the select list shall not confer any right for appointment unless the Government is satisfied after making such enquiry as may be deemed necessary that the candidate is suitable in all respects for appointment to the service.
10. Certificates / Documents to be Attached :
Candidates are required to submit along with the printout / hard copy of online applications, true copies of the following certificates and documents duly attested by candidate or Gazetted Officer or Notary Public. The candidates are also required to mention on each document “submitted by me” and put their full signature on the same. They must not attach original certificates to their applications. Only those, who are called for the viva voce test will be required to bring with them the original certificates, mark-sheets etc. of the attested copies for verification at the time of viva voce test.
If a candidate fails to furnish any of the original documents in respect of the attested copies submitted with the application for verification on the date of interview, before the interview starts, he / she shall not be allowed to appear at the interview.
- Two recent passport size photographs ( unsigned & unattested ) which has been uploaded with Online Application Form;
- H.S.C. or equivalent certificate in support of declaration of age issued by the concerned Board / Council;
- Intermediate / +2 / Higher Secondary Examination Certificate issued by the concerned Board / Council;
- Diploma Certificate(s) issued by recognized University / Council;
- Degree Certificate(s) issued by recognized University as stated under Para-3;
- Certificate from competent authority regarding service if any as required under paragraph-4;
- Mark-lists in support of all the aforesaid Examinations passed ( i.e. H.S.C. to Degree ) including fail marks, if any, issued by Board / Council / University;
- Candidates who have not been awarded percentage of marks, but only “Grade Marks”, should, along with their applications, produce the conversion certificate from the concerned University indicating the actual equivalent percentage of marks and the conversion formula.
- While filling up the relevant box of the Online Application Form, the candidate has to mention details of marks secured in each Annual examination leading to award of Degree.
- Caste Certificate by birth in support of claim as S.Cs. / S.Ts. / S.E.B.Cs., wherever applicable ( Please see Note below );
- Required Odia Test pass certificate from the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha indicating Odia as a language subject equivalent to M.E. School Standard or a certificate from the Principal / Headmaster of the School indicating that the candidate has passed Odia in M.E. Standard, if not passed Odia as a subject in the High School Certificate / equivalent examination;
- Discharge Certificates issued by the Commanding Officer of the Unit last served wherever applicable.
- If a candidate claims to possess qualification, equivalent to the prescribed qualification, the rule / authority ( With number and date ) under which it is so treated, must be furnished with the printout / hard copy of the online Application Form.
Note 1 : Candidates claiming to be belonging to S.C. / S.T. / S.E.B.C. category of Odisha by birth are required to submit copy of the relevant Caste Certificate issued by the competent authority in the prescribed form. Candidates of SEBC category ( other than Creamy Layer ) must submit copy of Caste Certificate issued by the competent authority within the last three years from the date of advertisement.
- Women candidates belonging to S.C. / S.T. / S.E.B.C. are required to submit Caste Certificates by birth showing “daughter of …………………” Caste Certificates by virtue of marriage ( i.e. showing “wife of …………” ) is not acceptable;
- OBC certificates will not be accepted in lieu of S.E.B.C. certificates;.
- Community ( Caste status ) once mentioned by the candidates shall not be changed under any circumstances.The competent authorities are : District Magistrate / Collector or Additional District Magistrate or Sub-divisional Magistrate / Sub-Collectors or Executive Magistrates or Revenue Officers, not below the rank of Tahasildar / Additional Tahasildar of Government of Odisha.
Note 2 : Degree Certificate, Caste Certificate, Odia Test Pass Certificate and Discharge Certificate of Ex-servicemen must have been issued by the competent authority within the last date fixed for receipt of applications as indicated above.
11. How to Apply for Odisha PSC Recruitment 2013 :
- Candidate must go through details of this Advertisement before filling up online application form.
- Candidates must apply online through the website of OPSC http://opsconline.gov.in Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily rejected.
- Before filling up the online application form, the candidates must go through the following documents available at OPSC portal.
- Instruction to fill up the online application form.
- Guideline for scanning and Uploading of Photograph, Full Signature & Left Hand Thumb Impression.
- Candidates are required to upload the scanned image of latest passport size photograph along with scanned image of his / her full signature and scanned image of Left hand Thumb Impression ( LTI ) in the online application form. The uploaded photograph, full signature and LTI must be clearly identifiable / visible, otherwise the application of the candidate is liable to be rejected by the Commission and no representation from the candidate will be entertained.
- Candidates should keep at least 2 copies of latest passport size photograph which is uploaded on the online application form for future use.
- On successful submission of the online application form, an Unique Registration ID will be displayed on the screen as well as top of the application form. Candidates are required to take a printout of the finally submitted online application form and put his / her signature under the Declaration for submission to opsc alongwith copies of requisite certificate and documents.
- Thereafter, the candidates who are required to pay the fee shall take a printout of Online Challan ( Pay-in-Slip ) for payment of requisite fee of 300/- ( Three hundred ) only at any branch of State Bank of India ( SBI ). The Fee paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee be adjusted or held in reserve for any other examination or recruitment.
- Candidates are required to send the Printout / Hard copy of the filled in Online Application duly signed under the declaration along with copies of required certificates and documents etc., as provided under para-10 of this advertisement and the OPSC copy of Challan showing payment of Application fee, by Registered Post / Speed Post / Courier Service to the Special Secretary, Odisha Public Service Commission, 19, Dr. P.K. Parija Road, Cuttack – 753 001 so as to reach the same in the office of the OPSC on or before 25.11.2013.
The envelope containing the Printout / Hard copy of the online application alongwith copies of requisite certificates and documents etc must be superscribed “Application for the post of Drugs Inspector”. Application received after the closing date shall not be entertained. The Odisha Public Service Commission will not take any responsibility if the application is not received in time. The candidate may also submit the copy of the Printout / Hard copy of the Online Application along with requisite certificates and documents etc. in the office of the Odisha Public Service Commission directly / personally on or before the last date of receipt of application at the counter.
- The candidates are advised to submit the Online Application well in advance without waiting for the closing date to avoid last hour rush.
- Certificate of Admission to the examination / Interview to the eligible candidates will be uploaded in the Website of OPSC prior to the date of examination or interview which will be published in the Website and News paper. The candidates are required to download their Admission Certificate from Website of the Commission and produce the same for admission to the examination or interview. No separate correspondence will be made on this score.
12. Facilitation Counter :
For any technical guidance on filling up of online application, the candidates may contact facilitation counter of O.C.A.C. over Toll free No. 18003456770 or 155335 between 10.30. A.M. to 1.30 P.M. and 2.00 P.M. to 5.00 P.M. on any Odisha Government working day.
Regarding difficulty in payment of fee, if any, the candidates may contact SBI over Telephone No. 0671-2368267 and 9437039604.
In case of any guidance / information on this advertisement & recruitment, candidates may contact the O.P.S.C. Facilitation Counter over Telephone No.0671-2304141 / 2305611 & Extn.-218 in any working day between 10.30 A.M. to 1.30 P.M. & 2.00 P.M. to 5.00 P.M.
Plan of Examination for Odisha PSC 2013
1. The written examination will consist of two papers with 250 marks.
|Paper||Subject||Maximum Marks||No. of objective multiple choice question||Duration of the Examination|
|Paper-II||General Knowledge||50||50||1 hour|
- All question papers will be set in English and the same should be answered in English only.
- The candidates are not allowed to bring calculators or any other electronic devices to the examination hall / examination campus for use.
- Mobile phones, pagers or any other communication devices are not allowed inside the premises of the Examination Centre and Office of the Commission. Any infringement of these instructions shall entail disciplinary action including ban from future examination.
3. There will be negative marking for wrong answers.
Broad Outlines of Syllabus for Written Examination for Recruitment to the post of Drugs Inspector.
Paper-I ( Pharmacy )
There should be 8 units containing the following :
Unit-1 – Forensic Pharmacy
- Drugs and Cosmetic Act, 1940 and Rules thereunder, 1945 with amendments.
- Pharmacy Act, 1948.
- Drug Price Control Order, 1995.
- Medical Termination of Pregnancy Act, 1971.
- Poison Act, 1919 and Dangerous Drugs Act, 1930.
- Drugs and Magic Remedy Act, 1954.
- Medical and Toilet Preparation Act, 1955.
- Prevention of Cruelty to Animal Act.
- Trademark Registration Act.
- Pharmaceutical Ethics.
Unit-2 – Manufacturing Pharmacy
- Tablet and Tablet coating.
- Emulsion, Suspension, Ointment and Cream.
- Ophthalmic Solutions.
- Blood Fluid and Electrolytes.
- Parenteral preparation and Quality Control.
- Surgical Dressing.
- Biological preparation – ( Sera, Vaccine and Anti-Sera )
Unit-3- Pharmaceuticals Analysis
- Limit Test.
- Sterility Test.
- Pyrogen Test.
- Theory & Application of Colorimeter, Florimeter, Nephlometer and Turbidometer, U.V.Visilile Spectrophotometer.
- Kerl Fischer Titration.
- Alcohol determination.
- Microbiological Assay of Vitamins, Antibiotics and Vaccine Preparation.
Unit-4- Medicinal Chemistry
Structure, Storage, Preparation & Brand names of the Following Classes ( Definition, Classification etc. ) :
- Sedatives and Hypnotics.
- Psycho-therapeutic Agents.
- Antihistaminic Agents.
- Analgesics ( narcotic, non-narcotic and NSAID )
- Cardiovascular Agents.
Source, Chemical constituents, uses and adulteration of the following classes of natural drugs, Rauwolfia, Ipecacuahna, Belladona, Cinchona, Cinnamon, Digitalis, Senna, Aloe, Noxvomica, Opium, Kurchi, Brahmi, Tulsi, Bael and Ephedra.
Unit-6- Pharmacology & Toxicology
Introduction and General Principle -
Mode of action, Drug receptor interaction, Drug, antagonist, Absorption, distribution, metabolism and excretion of drugs, Routes of administration, Bioavailability, Drug dependence and addiction, Drug abuse and toxicity, Adverse drug reaction, Drug allergy, Biostatistics.
Unit-7- Hospital & Clinical Pharmacy
Handling of prescription, Incompatibility, Storage conditions of drugs, Clinical Pharmacy and its role in Hospital.
Unit-8 – Anatomy, Physiology & Health Education
1. Elementary knowledge of following systems : Blood, Digestive system, Respiratory system, Eye, Ear, Reproductive system and Urinary system.
2. Nutrition, First aid, Population Control, Aids Control.
Paper-II ( General Knowledge ) : The paper in General Knowledge will include knowledge of current events and matters as of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspects of life as may be expected of an educated person. The paper will also include questions on History of India and Geography of such standard which the candidates should be able to answer without special study.