Odisha Public Service Commission Recruitment 2014 for Dental Surgeon
Recruitment to the post of Dental Surgeon in Group – ‘A’ ( Jr ) of Odisha Medical Service ( Dental ) Cadre under Health & Family Welfare Department.
Website : http://opsconline.gov.in and http://opsc.gov.in
Important Dates :
|OPSC Dental Surgeon Online Application Form will be available till 12.03.2014 by 11:59 P.M.|
|Last Date for Receipt of OPSC Dental Surgeon Application Fee at any branch of State Bank of India ( S.B.I. ) is 14.03.2014.|
|Last Date for Receipt of Print out / Hard copy of Online Application alongwith copy of specified documents / certificates is 27.03.2014 by 5.00 P.M.|
Odisha PSC Applications 2014 are invited Online from the prospective candidates through the proforma application to be made available on website ( http://opsconline.gov.in ) from 12.02.2013 to 12.03.2014 ( Note : 14.03.2014 is the last date for payment of application fees ) for recruitment to the post of Dental Surgeon in Groups ( Jr. ) of Odisha Medical Service ( Dental ) Cadre under Health and Family Welfare Department in the scale of pay of 15,600/- – 39,100/- with Grade Pay of 5,400/- with usual Dearness Allowance and other Allowances as may be sanctioned by the Government of Odisha from time to time.
2. OPSC Dental Surgeon Vacancy Position 2014 : As per requisition filed by the Health & Family Welfare Department of Government of Odisha the vacancy position is given below :
|SI.No.||Category||No of Vacancies|
|Total||211 ( 68 - W )|
|1.||Un-reserved||100 ( 33 - W )|
|2.||Schedule Caste||37 ( 12 - W )|
|3.||Scheduled Tribe||50 ( 15 - W )|
|4.||SEBC||24 ( 08 - W )|
a. The OPSC Dental Surgeon posts are temporary and likely to be permanent. The appointment can be terminated on one month’s notice from either side without assigning any reason thereof.
b. Out of the OPSC Dental Surgeon vacancies mentioned above, 06 ( Six ) posts are reserved for Physically Handicapped ( Orthopedically Handicapped ) candidates, who are capable of rendering service to the public. 06 ( Six ) posts are reserved fox Ex-servicemen and 02 ( two ) posts are reserved for Sports Persons. Candidates belonging to P.H. ( Orthopaedically Handicapped ). Ex-servicemen & Sports Persons shall be adjusted against the categories to which they belong.
c. In the event of non-availability of sufficient number of eligible women candidate(s) belonging to any particular category, the remaining vacancies will be filled up by male candidate(s) of that category.
d. Exchange of reservation between Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe will not be considered.
e. The number of vacancy to be filled up on the basis of this recruitment is subject to change by Government without notice, depending upon the exigencies of public service at the discretion of the State Government.
3. OPSC Dental Surgeon Educational Qualification 2014 : A candidate must have possessed a Bachelor Degree of Dental Surgery ( BDS ) or equivalent Degree from a Medical College or Medical Institution recognized by the Dental Council of India ( DCI ).
4. Age Limit for OPSC Dental Surgeon 2014 : A candidate must not be under 21 ( twenty one ) years and must not be above the age of 32 ( thirty-two ) years as on 1st January, 2014 i.e. he / she must not have been born earlier than 2nd January 1982 and not later than 1st January 1993.
The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 ( five ) years for candidates belonging to the categories of Scheduled Castes ( S.C. ), Scheduled Tribes ( S.T. ), Socially & Educationally Backward Classes ( S.E.B.C. ), Women, Ex-servicemen, and by 10 ( ten ) years for candidates belonging to Physically Handicapped ( Orthopedically Handicapped ) category, whose disability should not be less than 40%.
Provided that, a candidate who comes under more than one category mentioned above, he / she will be eligible for only one age relaxation benefit, which shall be considered most beneficial to him / her.
Provided further that the upper age limit shall be relaxed up to 5 years in case of in-service Doctors serving under State Government or State Government Undertaking on ad hoc or contractual basis.
Save as Provided above the age limits prescribed can in no case be relaxed.
Date of birth entered in the High School Certificate or equivalent certificate issued by the concerned Board / Council will only be accepted by the Odisha Public Service Commission.
5. OPSC Dental Surgeon Application Fee 2014 : A candidate is required to pay a non-refundable and non-adjustable fee of 300/-( Rupees three hundred ) only. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe of Odisha and Persons with disability ( whose disability is not less than 40% ) are exempted from payment of this fee.
6. Method of OPSC Dental Surgeon Selection 2014 : The suitability of candidates for the posts of Dental Surgeons shall be adjudged on the basis of career marking and written test. The weight-age of 30% will be given to Career marking and 70% to Written Test. The manners of Career Marking and Written Test are mentioned below :
a. The Career marking will made be in the following manner :
i. Marks secured in 10th class examination – 10 %;
ii. Marks secured in 12th class examination – 10 %;
iii. Marks secured in Bachelor of Dental Surgery examination – 10 %;
b. The OPSC Dental Surgeon written test will made be in the following manner :
i. Total marks in written test – 200;
ii. Total No. of questions is 200 which shall be of multiple choice questions ( MCQ ) pattern;
iii. No negative marking for wrong answer;
iv. Duration of OPSC Dental Surgeon Examination – 3 hours;
v. OPSC Dental Surgeon Syllabus – As per Dental Council of India ( DCI ) Syllabus of BDS;
vi. Distribution of marks – The following distribution of marks in various disciplines as outlined below :
|SI. No.||Disciplines||Maries Allocated|
|12||Oral Medicine & Radiology||10|
|13||Pedodontics & Preventive Dentistry||10|
|18||Public Health Dentistry||10|
7. Qualifying Marks for OPSC Dental Surgeon : The Odisha Public Service Commission will prepare a list of candidates in order of merit on the basis of career marking and written test which shall be equal to the number of posts advertised. The OPSC Dental Surgeon qualifying marks for Un-Reserved & SEBC candidates is 50%, 45% for Persons with Disability ( PWD ) and 40 % for SC / ST candidates in aggregate taking together both career and written test mark.
8. Place of OPSC Dental Surgeon Examination 2014 :
The written examination for the post of Dental surgeon will be held at Cuttack only.
9. Other Eligibility Conditions :
i. The candidate must be a citizen of India;
ii. The candidate must be of (a) good moral character, and (b) sound health, good physique and active habits and free from organic defects or bodily infirmity so as not to create an impairment in the due discharge of duties;
iii. The candidate must be able to speak, read and write Odia fluently and must have passed at least an examination in Odia language equivalent to that of Middle English School Standard conducted by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha; or the Education Department of Government of Odisha or any other Board or Council of Secondary Education approved by the Government of Odisha in support of passing of Odia Language Test ( M.E. School standard );
iv. A candidate, who has more than one spouse living, will not be eligible for appointment unless the State Government has exempted his / her case from operation of this limitation for any good and sufficient reasons;
v. Government servants, whether temporary or permanent, are eligible to apply provided that they possess the requisite qualification and are within the prescribed age-limit as provided under para – 3 & 4 of the Odisha Public Service Commission advertisement. They must inform their respective Heads of Offices / Departments in writing regarding submission of their applications for OPSC recruitment and obtain “No Objection Certificate”;
vi. If a candidate has at any time, been debarred for a certain period / chance(s) by the Odisha Public Service Commission or other State Public Service Commission or U.P.S.C. from appearing at any examination / interview, he / she will not be eligible for such recruitment for that specified period / chance(s);
vii. Only those candidates, who possess the requisite qualification, within the prescribed age limit and fulfill other eligibility conditions etc. by the closing date of receipt of online application, will be considered eligible;
viii. A candidate who claims change in his / her name after having passed the H.S.C. Examination, is required to furnish copy of publication of the changed name in the local leading daily news paper as well as copy of notification in the Odisha Gazette in support of his / her change of name.
ix. Every candidate selected for appointment shall be examined by the Medical Board. A candidate, who does not satisfy the requirement after medical examination, shall not be appointed;
10. Other Conditions :
- The provisions of the Odisha Conduct of Examination Act 1988 ( Odisha Act 2 of 1988 ) are applicable to the examination conducted by the Odisha Public Service Commission.
- A candidate found guilty of seeking support for his / her candidature by offering illegal gratification or applying pressure on any person connected with the conduct of the recruitment process or found indulging in any type of malpractice in course of the selection or otherwise, shall, in addition to rendering himself / herself liable to criminal prosecution, be disqualified not only for the recruitment for which he / she is a candidate, but also may be debarred, either permanently or for a specified period, from any recruitment or selection to be conducted by the Odisha Public Service Commission;
- Applications submitted by the candidate to OPSC, if found to be incomplete in any respect and at any stage are liable to rejection without entertaining any correspondence with the applicants on that score;
- Admission to OPSC Dental Surgeon Examination will be purely provisional. If on verification at any stage before or after the Examination, it is found that a candidate does not fulfill all the eligibility conditions, his / her candidature will be liable to rejection. Decision of the Odisha Public Service Commission in regard to eligibility or otherwise of candidate shall be final.
- Odisha Public Service Commission advertisement should not be construed as binding on the Government to make appointment;
- Concessions meant for S.C., S.T. & SEBC by Birth are admissible to the Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and Socially & Educationally Backward Classes of Odisha only;
- Candidates are required to take due care to annex the Xerox copies of certificates and other requisite documents with the printout / hard copy of online applications, as stated under para 11 of OPSC Dental Surgeon advertisement 2014.
- All persons appointed under the Government of Odisha on or after 1st January, 2005 shall not be eligible for pension as defined under Sub-rule (1) of Rule 3 of the Odisha Civil Service ( Pension ) Rules, 1992; but shall be covered by the new structured defined Contribution Pension Scheme in accordance with the Odisha Civil Services ( Pension ) Amendment Rules, 2005;
- Any misrepresentation or suppression of information by the candidate in the online application and in the hard copy of application will result in cancellation of his / her candidature or penalty as decided by the Odisha Public Service Commission will be imposed on the candidate.
- Mere empanelment in the select list shall not confer any right for appointment unless the Government is satisfied after making such enquiry as may be deemed necessary that the candidate is suitable in all respects for appointment to the service.
- The qualified candidates for the post of Dental Surgeon will be posted for a period of three years in KBK, KBK(+) or in any tribal sub-plan area and the period of service may be in any one area or areas taken together as the case may be or as declared by Government from time to time.
12. OPSC Dental Surgeon Exam How to Apply 2014 :
- Candidate must go through Odisha Public Service Commission Advertisement available in the website of OPSC before filling up OPSC Dental Surgeon online application 2014.
- Candidates must apply online through the website http://opsconline.gov.in. Applications for OPSC Dental Surgeon 2014 received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily rejected.
- Before filling up the OPSC Dental Surgeon online application form 2014, the candidates must go through the following documents available at OPSC portal.
- Instruction to fill up online application.
- Guideline for scanning and Uploading of Photograph, Full Signature & Left Thumb Impression.
- Candidates are required to upload the scanned image of latest colour passport size photograph along with scanned image of his / her full signature and scanned image of Left Thumb Impression ( L.T.I. ) in the online application form. The Uploaded photograph, specimen ( full ) signature and L.T.I. must be clearly identifiable / visible, otherwise the application of the candidate is liable to be rejected by the Odisha Public Service Commission and no representation from the candidate will be entertained.
- Candidates should keep at least 2 copies of latest passport size photograph which is uploaded on the online application form for future use.
- While filling up the relevant box of the online application form, the candidate has to mention details of marks ( minus extra optional ) secured in Annual examination leading to award of Degree.
- On successful submission of the OPSC Dental Surgeon Online Application Form 2014, a Unique Registration ID will be displayed on the screen as well as on the top of the application form. Candidates are required to take a printout of the Finally submitted online application form and put his / her signature under the Declaration for submission to O.P.S.C. along with copies of requisite certificates and documents.
- Thereafter, the candidates who are required to pay the fee shall take a printout of Online Challan ( Pay-in-Slip ) for payment of requisite fee of 300/- ( Rupees three hundred ) only at any branch of State Bank of India ( SBI ). The OPSC Dental Surgeon Exam Fee paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee be adjusted or held in reserve for any other examination or recruitment.
- Candidates are required to send the Printout / Hard copy of the filled in Online Application duly signed under the declaration along with copies of required certificates and documents etc., as provided under para 11 of OPSC Advertisement, by Registered Post / Speed Post / Courier Service to the Special Secretary, Odisha Public Service Commission, 19, Dr. P.K. Parija Road, Cuttack – 753 001 so as to reach the same in the office of the OPSC on or before 27.03.2014. The envelope containing the printout / hard copy of the Online Application for OPSC Dental Surgeon 2014 along with requisite certificates and documents etc must be super scribed “Application for the Post of Dental Surgeon in the rank of class – I ( Jr.)”. Application received after the closing date shall not be entertained. The Odisha Public Service Commission will not take any responsibility if the Application is not received in time. The candidate may also submit the copy of the printout / hard copy of the Online Application along with the requisite certificates and documents etc by post or by dropping in the box placed at the entrance of the Office of the Odisha Public Service Commission on or before the last date of receipt of application.
- The candidates are advised to submit the Online Application well in advance without waiting for the closing date to avoid last hour rush.
- Certificate of admission to the examination to the eligible candidates will be uploaded in the website of the OPSC prior to the date of examination which will be published in the website and news paper. The candidates are required to download their Admission Certificate from the website of the Odisha Public Service Commission and produce the same for admission to the examination. No separate correspondence will be made on this score.
13. Facilitation Counter and Website for Guidance of Candidates :
For any technical guidance on filling up of online application, the candidates may contact facilitation counter of O.C.A.C. over Toll free No. 1800 345 6770 or 155335 between 10.30. A.M. to 1.30 P.M. and 2.00 P.M. to 5.00 P.M. on any Odisha Government working days.
Regarding difficulty in payment of fee, if any, the candidates may contact SBI over Telephone No. 0671-2368267 and 9437039604.
In case of any guidance / information on Odisha Public Service Commission advertisement and recruitment, candidates may contact the O.P.S.C. Facilitation Counter over Telephone No. 0671-2304141 / 2305611 and Extn.-227 on any working day between 10.30 A.M. to 1.30 P.M. & 2.00 P.M’. to 5.00 P.M.
The candidates are required to visit the website of the Odisha Public Service Commission at http://opsc.gov.in for detailed information about the programme of examination, notice regarding rejection of applications; other important notices etc. and also keep track of publication of various notices to the effect in the leading local daily news papers for information.