Odisha Public Service Commission Recruitment 2013 for Clinical Psychologist
Recruitment to the posts of Clinical Psychologist in Group ‘B’ of State Service in Mental Health Institute, S.C.B. Medical College & Hospital, Cuttack under Health & Family Welfare Department.
Website – http://www.opsconline.gov.in or http://www.opsc.gov.in
- Online Application Form will be available till 10.06.2013 11:59 P.M.
- Last Date for Receipt of Application Fee at any S.B.I. Branch is 12.06.2013.
- Last Date for Receipt of Print Out / Hard Copy of Online Application alongwith copy of specified documents / certificates is 24.06.2013. by 5.00 P.M.
1. Odisha Public Service Commission invites Online applications from the eligible candidates through the proforma Application to be made available on website ( http://www.opsconline.gov.in ) from 08.05.2013 to 10.06.2013 ( Note : 12.06.2013 is the last date for payment of application fees ) for recruitment to the posts of Clinical Psychologist in Group “B” of State Service as per the guidelines similar in line with Rehabilitation Council of India adopted by Health & Family Welfare Department in the scale of pay of 9,300/- – 34,800/- with Grade Pay of 4,600/- with usual Dearness and other Allowances as may be sanctioned by the Government of Odisha from time to time.
2. Vacancy Position Odisha PSC 2013 : As per requisition filed by the Health & Family Welfare Department of Government of Odisha the vacancy position along with reservation thereof is given below :
|Sl. No.||Category||No. of Vacancy|
- The Odisha PSC Clinical Psychologist post is temporary, but likely to be made permanent. The appointment can be terminated on one month’s notice from either side without assigning any reasons thereof;
- The number of vacancy in Odisha PSC Clinical Psychologist 2013 to be filled up on the basis of this recruitment is subject to change by Government without notice, depending upon the exigencies of public service at the discretion of the State Government.
- The Exchange of reservation between SC & ST will not be considered.
3. Odisha PSC Clinical Psychologist Age Limit 2013 : A candidate must be under 32 ( thirty two ) years and above 21 ( twenty one ) years of age on the 1st January, 2013. The upper age limit for Odisha PSC Clinical Psychologist is relax able by 5 ( five ) years for candidates belonging to the categories of Scheduled Castes ( S.C. ), Scheduled Tribes ( S.T. ), Socially & Educationally Backward Classes ( S.E.B.C. ), Women, Ex-servicemen and by 10 ( ten ) years for Physically Handicapped candidates.
Provided that, a candidate who comes under more than one category mentioned above, he / she will be eligible for only one age relaxation benefit, which shall be considered most beneficial to him / her.
Save as provided above the age limits prescribed can in no case be relaxed.
Date of birth entered in the High School Certificate or equivalent certificate issued by the concerned Board / Council will only be accepted by the Commission.
4. Educational Qualification for Odisha PSC Clinical Psychologit 2013 : A candidate must have obtained M.A / M.Sc. in Psychology + M.Phil in Medical & Social Psychology or Clinical Psychology from any Rehabilitation Council of India Recognized Institutions.
5. Odisha PSC Clinical Psychologist Application Fee 2013 : A candidate is required to pay a non-refundable and non-adjustable fee of 200/- ( Rupees two hundred ) only. Candidate belonging to Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe of Odisha and Persons with Disability are exempted from payment of this fee. The candidates are required to take a printout of the finally submitted Online Application Form for future use and take a printout of Online Challan ( Pay-in-Slip ) for payment of requisite fee at any branch of State Bank of India ( SBI ). The Fee(s) paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the Fee(s) be adjusted or held in reserve for any other Odisha PSC examination or recruitment.
6. Method of Selection for Odisha PSC Jobs 2013 : The selection of candidates for recruitment to the Odisha PSC posts 2013 will be made on the basis of career assessment and Viva Voce. The Odisha Public Service Commission at their discretion may short-list the candidates to a reasonable number, for conducting interview by making a preliminary selection either on the basis of evaluation of their academic career taking into account the requisite minimum educational qualification or by conducting a preliminary written test.
7. Odisha PSC Other Eligibility Conditions 2013 :
- The candidate must be a citizen of India;
- The candidate must be of (a) good moral character, and (b) sound health, good physique and active habits and free from organic defects or bodily infirmity so as not to create an impairment in the due discharge of duties;
- The candidate must be able to speak, read and write Odia fluently and must have passed at least an examination in Odia language equivalent to that of Middle English School Standard conducted by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha; or the Education Department of Government of Odisha or any other Board or Council of Secondary Education approved by the Government of Odisha in support of passing of Odia Language Test ( M.E. School standard );
- A candidate, who has more than one spouse living, will not be eligible for appointment unless the State Government has exempted his / her case from operation of this limitation for any good and sufficient reasons;
- Government servants, whether temporary or permanent, are eligible to apply provided that they possess the requisite qualification and are within the prescribed age limit for Odisha PSC Clinical Psychologists 2013 as provided under Para-3 & 4 of the Advertisement. They must inform their respective Heads of Offices / Departments in writing regarding submission of their applications for this recruitment and obtain “No Objection Certificate”;
- If a candidate has at any time, been debarred for a certain period / chance(s) by the Odisha Public Service Commission or other State Public Service Commission or U.P.S.C. from appearing at any examination / interview, he / she will not be eligible for such recruitment for that specified period / chance(s);
- Only those candidates, who possess the requisite qualification, within the prescribed age limit for Odisha PSC 2013 and fulfill other eligibility conditions etc. by the closing date of submission of online application, will be considered eligible;
- A candidate who claims change in his / her name after having passed the H.S.C. Examination, is required to furnish copy of publication of the changed name in the local leading daily news paper as well as copy of notification in the Odisha Gazette in support of his / her change of name.
- Every candidate selected for appointment shall be examined by the Medical Board. A candidate, who fails to satisfy the Medical Board, shall not be appointed;
8. Other Conditions for Odisha PSC Jobs 2013 :
- A candidate found guilty of seeking support for his / her candidature by offering illegal gratification or applying pressure on any person connected with the conduct of the recruitment process or found indulging in any type of malpractice in course of the selection or otherwise, shall, in addition to rendering himself / herself liable to criminal prosecution, be disqualified not only for the recruitment for which he / she is a candidate, but also may be debarred, either permanently or for a specified period, from any recruitment or selection to be conducted by the Odisha Public Service Commission;
- The provisions of the Odisha Conduct of Examination Act 1988 ( Odisha Act-2 of 1988 ) are applicable to the examination conducted by the Odisha Public Service Commission.
- Online applications submitted to OPSC if found to be incomplete in any respect are liable to rejection without entertaining any correspondence with the applicants on that score;
- Admission to Examination / interview will be provisional. If on verification at any stage before or after the examination / interview, it is found that a candidate does not fulfil all the eligibility conditions, his / her candidature will be liable to rejection. Decision of the Commission in regard to eligibility or otherwise of candidate shall be final.
- Odisha PSC advertisement should not be construed as binding on the Government to make appointment;
- Concessions meant for S.C., S.T. & SEBC by Birth are admissible to the Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and Socially & Educationally Backward Classes of Odisha only;
- Candidates are required to take due care to annex with the printout / hard copy of online applications for Odisha PSC 2013, the copies of certificates and other requisite documents as stated under Para-9 of Odisha PSC advertisement.
- All persons appointed under the Government of Odisha on or after 1st January, 2005 shall not be eligible for pension as defined under sub-rule(1) of Rule-3 of the Odisha Civil Service ( Pension ) Rules, 1992; but shall be covered by the defined Contribution Pension Scheme in accordance with the Odisha Civil Services ( Pension ) Amendment Rules, 2005;
- Any misrepresentation or suppression of information by the candidate in the online application, will result in cancellation of his / her candidature or penalty, as decided by the Odisha Public Service Commission be imposed on the candidate.
- Mere empanelment in the select list shall not confer any right for appointment unless the Government is satisfied after making such enquiry as may be deemed necessary that the candidate is suitable in all respects for appointment to the service.
9. Certificates / Documents to be Attached for Odisha PSC Jobs 2013 :
Candidates are required to submit along with the printout / hard copy of online applications, true copies of the following documents duly attested by Gazetted Officer or Notary Public. The candidates are also required to mention on each document “submitted by me” and put their full signature with date on the same. They must not attach original certificates to their applications. Only those, who are called for the viva voce test, will be required to bring with them the original certificates, mark-sheets etc. of the attested copies for verification at the time of interview. If a candidate fails to furnish any of the original documents in respect of the attested copies submitted with the application for verification on the date of interview before the interview starts, he / she shall not be allowed to appear at the Odisha PSC interview 2013.
- H.S.C. or equivalent certificate in support of declaration of age issued by the concerned Board / Council;
- Intermediate / +2 Sc. Exam. Certificate issued by the concerned Board / Council;
- Graduation Certificate issued by the University.
- P.G. Degree ( M.A / M.Sc. in Psychology ) Certificate issued by the recognized University;
- M.Phil in Medical & Social Psychology or Clinical Psychology Certificate from any institution recognized by RCI ( Rehabilitation Council of India ) in support of qualification in the concern specialty;
- Mark-sheet in support of all the aforesaid examinations passed ( i.e. from H.S.C. to M. Phil Degree ) including fail marks, if any, issued by the concerned Board / Council / University
- Candidates who have not been awarded percentage of marks, but only “Grade Marks”, should, along with their applications, produce the Conversion Certificate from the concerned University indicating the actual equivalent percentage of marks and the conversion formula, failing which, their Odisha PSC applications are liable to be rejected.
- While filling up the relevant box of the Odisha PSC online application form, the candidate has to mention the marks secured ( excepting marks secured in the Extra Optional / 4th Optional Subject ) in each examination passed ( i.e. H.S.C. to M. Phil Degree ).
- Attach two recent passport size photographs ( unsigned & unattested ), with the printout / hard copy of online application form which has been uploaded.
- Certificates of character and conduct from the Principal / Proctor / Dean or Professor in charge of Teaching Department of the College or University in which he / she last studied;
- Caste Certificate by birth in support of claim as S.C. / S.T. / S.E.B.C., wherever applicable ( Please see Note-1 );
- Required Odia pass certificate from the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha indicating Odia as a language subject equivalent to M.E. School Standard or a certificate from the Principal / Headmaster of the School indicating that the candidate has passed Odia in M.E. standard; if not passed Odia as a subject in the High School Certificate Examination / equivalent Examination;
- Discharge Certificates of Ex-Serviceman issued by the Commanding Officer of the Unit last served wherever applicable;
- Disability Certificate ( indicating percentage of disability ) issued by the concerned Medical Board, wherever applicable;
- If a candidate claims to possess qualification, equivalent to the prescribed qualification, the rule / authority ( With number and date ) under which it is so treated, must be furnished with the Application Form.
Note 1 : Candidates claiming to be belonging to S.C. / S.T. / S.E.B.C. category by birth are required to submit copy of the relevant Caste Certificate issued by the competent authority in the prescribed form. Candidates of SEBC category ( other than Creamy Layer ) must submit copy of Caste Certificate issued by the competent authority within the last three years from the date of advertisement in the prescribed form.
- Women candidates belonging to S.C. / S.T. / S.E.B.C. are required to submit Caste Certificates by birth showing “daughter of ___” Caste Certificates by virtue of marriage ( i.e. showing “wife of ___” ) are not acceptable and candidates submitting such certificate will be treated as belonging to U.R. category.
- OBC certificates will not be accepted in lieu of SEBC certificates and candidates submitting OBC certificates will be treated as unreserved candidates.
- Candidate if submits S.E.B.C. certificate which is more than three years old as on the date of advertisement, will be treated as belonging to U.R. category.
- Community ( Caste status ) once mentioned by the candidates shall not be changed under any circumstances. The competent authorities to issue caste certificates are : District Magistrate / Collector or Additional District Magistrate or Sub-divisional Magistrate / Sub Collectors or Executive Magistrates or Revenue Officers, not below the rank of Tahasildar / Additional Tahasildar of Government of Odisha;
Note 2 : Degree Certificate, Caste Certificate, Odia Test Pass Certificate, Discharge Certificate of ExServiceman and disability certificate must have been issued by the competent authority within the last date fixed for submission of online application form.
10. Online Application for Odisha PSC Recruitment 2013 :
- Candidate must go through Odisha PSC Advertisement available in the Website of OPSC before filling up online application.
- Candidates must apply online through the Odisha PSC website http://opsconline.gov.in. Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily rejected.
- Before filling up the online application form for Odisha PSC, the candidates must go through the following documents available at OPSC portal.
- Instruction to fill up Odisha PSC 2013 online application.
- Guideline for scanning and Upload of Photograph, Full Signature & Left Hand Thumb Impression.
- Candidates are requested to upload the scanned image of latest passport size photograph along with scanned image of his / her full signature and scanned image of Left hand Thumb Impression ( L.T.I. ) in the online application form. Uploaded photograph, specimen ( full ) signature and L.T.I. must be clearly identifiable / visible, otherwise the application of the candidate is liable to be rejected by the Odisha Public Service Commission and no representation from the candidate will be entertained.
- Candidates should keep at least 2 copies of latest passport size photograph which is uploaded to the online application form for future use.
- While filling up the relevant box of the Odisha PSC online application form, the candidate has to mention details of marks ( minus extra optional ) secured in each Semester / Annual examination leading to award of Degree.
- The candidates are required to take a printout of the finally submitted Online Application Form for future use and take a printout of Online Challan ( Pay-in-Slip ) for payment of requisite fee at any branch of State Bank of India ( SBI ). The Odisha PSC Recruitment Fee(s) paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee(s) be adjusted or held in reserve for any other examination or recruitment.
- On successful submission of application form, an Unique Registration ID will be displayed on the screen as well as top of the Odisha PSC application form 2013. Candidates are requested to note down the Unique Registration ID and use it in future correspondence.
- Candidates are required to send the Printout / Hard copy of the Online Application Form along with specified documents / certificates etc. as provided under Para-9 of Odisha PSC advertisement along with OPSC copy of Challan showing payment of application fee, by Registered Post / Speed Post to the Special Secretary, Odisha Public Service Commission, 19, Dr. P.K. Parija Road, Cuttack – 753 001 so as to reach the same in OPSC on or before 24.06.2013. The SC / ST candidates and person with disability are not required to enclose the copy of challan showing payment of fee.The envelope containing the application must be super scribed “Application for the post of Clinical Psychologist”. Application received after the closing date shall not be entertained. The Odisha PSC Commission will not take any responsibility if the application is not received in time. The candidate may also submit the copy of the printout / Hard copy of online application form along with specified documents / certificates etc. as provided under Para-9 of Odisha PSC advertisement along with OPSC copy of challan showing payment of application fee in the office of the Odisha Public Service Commission directly / personally on or before the last date at the counter.
- The candidates are advised to submit the Online Application Form for Odisha PSC well in advance without waiting for the closing date to avoid last hour rush.
- Interview letters to the eligible candidates will be uploaded in the website of OPSC prior to the date of examination or interview which will be published in the Website and News paper. The candidates are required to download their call letters from Website. No separate correspondence will be made on this score.
11. Facilitation Counter and Website for Guidance of Candidates :
During filling up the online application form for Odisha PSC, the candidate may contact facilitation counter of OCAC over Telephone No1800 345 6770 or 155335 for any technical guidance only on working days. Regarding difficulty in payment of fee, if any, the candidates may contact to SBI over Telephone No. 0671- 2368177 & 9437062391. In case of any guidance / information on advertisement & recruitment, candidates may contact the O.P.S.C. Facilitation Counter over Telephone No.0671-2304141 / 2305611 & Extn. 227 in any working day between 10.30 A.M. to 1.30 P.M. & 2.00 P.M. to 5.00 P.M. The candidates are required to visit the Website of the Odisha PSC Commission at http://www.opsconline.gov.in Or http://www.opsc.gov.in for detailed information about the programme of the examination(s) etc. and also keep track of publication of various notices to the effect in the leading local daily newspapers for information.