Odisha PSC Recruitment 2016 for Ayurvedic Medical Officer
Odisha Public Service Commission
Website : http://opsconline.gov.in.
Odisha PSC Recruitment to the post of Ayurvedic Medical Officer in Group-B of State Service under Health & Family Welfare Department.
Odisha Public Service Commission applications are invited online through the proforma Application Form to be made available on the Website ( http://opsconline.gov.in ) from 19th February, 2016 to 18th March, 2016. ( Note : 21st March, 2016 is the last date for payment of application fees ) for recruitment to 179 ( one hundred seventy nine ) posts of Ayurvedic Medical Officer in Group-B of state service under Health & Family Welfare Department in the scale of pay of 9300-34800/- carrying Grade Pay of 4,600/- with usual Dearness and other Allowances as may be sanctioned by the Government of Odisha from time to time.
|Date||First Session||Second Session|
|29th January, 2017|
|10.00 A.M. to 11.30 A.M. Paper - I||1.30 P.M. to 3.00 P.M.
Paper - II
2. Odisha PSC Vacancy Position
As per requisition filed by the Health & Family Welfare Department, Government of Odisha, the category wise vacancy position along with reservation thereof is given below :-
|SI.No.||Category||No. of Vacancies|
|1||Scheduled Caste||40 (13-w)|
|2||Scheduled Tribe||109 (36-w)|
- Out of the vacancies mentioned above, 05 posts are reserved for the Physically Handicapped persons i.e. [ 02 posts are reserved for OA(one arm affected ), 02 posts are reserved for OL ( one leg affected ), 01 post is reserved for BL (MNR) ( both leg affected but not arms )] who are capable of rendering service to the public. 05(five) posts are reserved for Ex-servicemen and 02(two) posts are reserved for Sports person. P.H, Ex-servicemen & Sports Persons shall be adjusted against the categories to which they belong.
- In the event of non-availability of sufficient number of eligible women candidates belonging to any particular category, the vacancies or the remaining vacancies will be filled up by the male candidates of that category.
- Exchange of reservation between Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe will not be considered.
- The posts are temporary, but likely to be made permanent. The appointment can be terminated on one month’s notice from either side without assigning any reason thereof. The period of probation is two years.
- The number of vacancies to be filled up on the basis of this recruitment is subject to change by Government without notice, depending upon the exigencies of public service at the discretion of the State Government.
3. Age Limit for Odisha PSC Recruitment 2016
A candidate must have attained the age of 21 ( twenty one ) years and must not be above the age of 32 (thirty two) years as on the 1st day of January, 2016.
The upper age limit prescribed above shall be relaxabie by 5 (five) years for candidates belonging to the categories of Scheduled Castes (S.C.), Scheduled Tribes (ST.), Socially & Educationally Backward Classes (S.E.B.C.), Women, Ex-Servicemen and by 10 (ten) years for candidates belonging to ( Physically Handicapped ) category, whose disability should not be less than 40%.
Provided that, a candidate who comes under more than one category mentioned above, he/she will be eligible for only one age relaxation benefit, which shall be considered most beneficial to him/her.
Save as Provided above the Age Limits Prescribed can in no case be Relaxed.
Date of birth entered in the High School Certificate or equivalent certificate issued by the concerned Board / Council will only be accepted by the Commission.
4. OPSC Educational Qualification
A candidate must have possessed :-
A Bachelor’s Degree in Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery ( BAMS ) or equivalent degree from an University or Institution recognised by the Central Council of Indian Medicine and must have registered himself / herself under the Odisha State Council of Ayurvedic Medicines.
5. Main Job Chart :
To treat the patients in the Government Ayurvedic Dispensaries / Hospitals and work entrusted by Government from time to time.
6. Odisha PSC Application Fee
A candidate is required to pay a non-refundable and non-adjustable fee of 300/-( Rupees three hundred ) only. Candidate belonging to Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe of Odisha and persons with disability ( whose disability is not less than 40% ) are exempted from payment of this fee.
7. OPSC Recruitment Method of Selection
The selection of candidates for recruitment to the posts of Ayurvedic Medical Officer shall be made on the basis of written test ( Objective type-Multiple Choice Questions ) and career marking. The career marking will be for 30% ( 10% each for class 10th, class 12th and BAMS ) and 70% for written Test. No negative marking system will be followed in the written examination in case of wrong response ( answer ).
8. Place of Odisha Public Service Commission Examination : The written test will be held at Cuttack.
9. Odisha PSC Other Eligibility Conditions 2016
- The candidate must be a citizen of India;
- The candidate must have good character. The candidate must have sound health, good Physique, active habits and free from organic defects or bodily / mental infirmity.
- The candidate must be able to speak, read and write Odia fluently and must have passed at least an examination in Odia language equivalent to that of Middle English School standard conducted by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha; or the Education Department of Government of Odisha or any other Board or Council of Secondary Education approved by the Government of Odisha in support of passing of Odia Language Test ( M.E. School standard );
- A candidate, who has more than one spouse living, will not be eligible for appointment unless the State Government has exempted his/her case from operation of this limitation for any good and sufficient reasons;
- Government servants/in-service Ayurvedic Medical Officers, whether temporary or permanent, are eligible to apply provided that they possess the requisite qualification and are within the prescribed age-limit as provided under Para-3 & 4 of the Advertisement. They must inform their respective Heads of Offices in writing regarding submission of their applications for this recruitment and obtain “No Objection Certificate”;
- If a candidate has at any time, been debarred for a certain period/chance(s) by the Odisha Public Service Commission or other State Public Service Commission or U.P.S.C. from appearing at any examination/interview, he/she will not be eligible for such recruitment for that specified period/chance(s);
- Only those candidates, who are within the prescribed age limit and fulfil the requisite qualification etc. by the closing date of submission of online application, will be considered eligible;
- A candidate who claims change in his/her name after having passed the H.S.C. Examination or equivalent Examination, is required to furnish copy of publication of the changed name in the local leading daily news paper as well as copy of notification in the Odisha Gazette in support of his/her change of name.
- Every candidate selected for appointment shall be examined by the Medical Board. A candidate, who fails to satisfy the Medical Board, shall not be appointed;
- A candidate before appointment will have to register himself/herself under the Odisha State Council of Ayurvedic Medicines, if not, already registered.
- Every candidate selected for appointment to the Ayurvedic Medical Officer shall have to serve the initial period of minimum 03 ( Three ) years in Tribal / Backward areas, like K.B.K. District as declared by the Government from time to time.
10. Odisha Public Service Commission Other Conditions
- A candidate found guilty of seeking support for his/her candidature by offering illegal gratification or applying pressure on any person connected with the conduct of the recruitment process or found indulging in any type of malpractice in course of the selection or otherwise, shall, in addition to rendering himself/herself liable to criminal prosecution, be disqualified not only for the recruitment for which he/she is a candidate, but also may be debarred, either permanently or for a specified period, from any recruitment or selection to be conducted by the Commission;
- The provisions of the Odisha Conduct of Examination Act 1988 (Odisha Act-2 of 1988) are applicable to the examination conducted by the Odisha Public Service Commission.
- Applications submitted to OPSC if found to be incomplete in any respect are liable to rejection without entertaining any correspondence with the applicants on that scores.
- Admission to Examination will be provisional. If on verification at any stage before or after the Examination it is found that a candidate does not fulfil all the eligibility conditions, his/her candidature will be liable to rejection. Decision of the Commission in regard to eligibility or otherwise of candidate shall be final.
- This advertisement should not be construed as binding on the Government to make appointment;
- Concessions meant for S.C., S.T. & SEBC by Birth are admissible to the Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and Socially & Educationally Backward Classes of Odisha only;
- Candidates are required to take due care to annex with the copy of the printout/hard copy of Online Application, the copies of certificates and other requisite documents as stated under Para-11 of this advertisement;
- All persons appointed under the Government of Odisha on or after 1st January, 2005 shall not be eligible for pension as defined under sub-rule(l) of Rule-3 of the Odisha Civil Service (Pension) Rules, 1992; but shall be covered by the new structured defined Contribution Pension Scheme in accordance with the Odisha Civil Services (Pension) Amendment Rules, 2005;
- Any misrepresentation or suppression of information by the candidate in the application form will result in cancellation of his/her candidature or penalty, as decided by the Commission.
- Mere empanelment in the select list shall not confer any right for appointment unless the Government is satisfied after making such enquiry as may be deemed necessary that the candidate is suitable in all respects for appointment to the service.
12. How to Apply for Odisha PSC Recruitment 2016
- Candidates must go through details of this Advertisement before filling up the online Application Form.
- Candidates must apply online through the website of OPSC http://opsconline.gov.in. Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and be summarily rejected.
- Before filling up the online application form, the candidates must also go through the following documents available at http://opsconline.gov.in.
- Instruction to fill up the online application form.
- Guidelines for scanning and Uploading Photograph, Full Signature & Left Thumb Impression.
- Candidates are required to upload the scanned image of latest passport size photograph along with scanned image of his/her full signature and scanned image of Left Thumb Impression(LTI) in the Online Application form. The Uploaded photograph, full signature and LTI must be clearly identifiable / visible, otherwise the application of the candidate is liable to be rejected by the Commission and no representation from the candidate will be entertained.
- Candidates should keep at least 2 copies of latest passport size photograph which is uploaded to the online application form for future use.
- On successful submission of the Online Application form, a Unique Registration ID will be displayed on the screen as well as top of the application form. Candidates are required to take a printout of the finally submitted online application form and nut his/her signature under the Declaration for submission to OPSC along with copies of requisite certificate and documents.
- Thereafter, the candidates who are required to pay the fee shall take a printout of Online Challan (Pay-in-Slip)) for payment of requisite fee of 300/-( Three hundred ) only at any branch of State Bank of India (SBI). The Fee(s) paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee(s) be adjusted or held in reserve for any other examination or recruitment.
- Candidates are required to send the Printout / Hard copy of the filled in Online Application Form duly signed under the declaration along with copies of required certificates and documents etc., as provided under para-11 of this Advertisement and the OPSC copy of Challan showing payment of Application Fee, by Registered Post / Speed Post to the following address :Special Secretary,
Odisha Public Service Commission,
19, Dr. P.K. Parija Road,
Cuttack – 753001,So as to reach the same in the office of the OPSC on or before 31st March, 2016.
- The Declaration in the hard copy / print out of the Online Application Form, not signed by the candidate is liable to rejection. The envelope containing the printout/hard copy of the Online Application along with copies of requisite certificates and documents etc. must be superscribed “APPLICATION FOR ATURVEDIC MEDICAL OFFICER”. Application received after the closing date shall not be entertained. The Commission will not take any responsibility if the application is not received in time. The candidate may also submit the copy of the printout/hard copy of the online application along with requisite certificates and documents etc by speed post/Registered post.
- The candidates are advised to submit the Online Application Form well in advance without waiting for the closing date to avoid last hour rush. (It) Certificate of Admission to the Examination of the eligible candidates will be uploaded in the Website of OPSC prior to the date of examination which will be published in the Website and News paper. The candidates are required to download their Admission Certificate from the Website of the Commission and produce the same at the examination centre for admission to the examination. No separate correspondence will be made on this score.
OPSC Application Closing Dates
- Odisha PSC Online Applications shall be available in the website from 19th February, 2016 to 18th March, 2016, till 11:59 P.M.
- Last Date for Receipt of Odisha PSC Application Fee at any S.B.I. Branch is 21st March, 2016
- Last Date for Odisha PSC Submission of Print out/hard Copy of Online Application form alongwith Copy of Specified Documents / Certificates is 31st March, 2016 till 5.00 P.M.
Syllabus of Odisha PSC Examination
Subject for OPSC written examination for recruitment to the post of Ayurvedic Medical Officer.
Odisha Public Service Commission written examination shall be of two papers carrying 100 marks each with duration of one and half hour for each paper. The questions will be objective type of multiple choice ( 100 questions of one mark each ) on the following subjects. No negative marking system will be followed in the written examination in case of wrong response ( answer )
Odisha PSC Syllabus for Paper-1
|(a) Rog Vigyan & Vikritivigyan||20 Marks|
|(b) Rasashastra and Bhaisajya kalpana||20 Marks|
|(c) Dravyagunavigyan||20 Marks|
|(d) Kriya Sharira||05 Marks|
|(e) Rachana Sharira||05 Marks|
|(f) Swastha Vritta||05 Marks|
|(g) Agada Tantra Vyavahar Ayurveda & Vidhi Vaidyak ||05 Marks|
|(h) Astanga Hridaya ( Sutrasthana )||15 Marks|
|(i) Ayurveda itihas||05 Marks|
Odisha PSC Syllabus for Paper-II
|(a) Charaka||20 Marks|
|(b) Kayachikitsa||20 Marks|
|(c) Shalyatantra||15 Marks|
|(d) Salakya Tantra||10 Marks|
|(e) Prasuti Tantra & Stri Roga||10 Marks|
|(f) Kaumara vritya||10 Marks|
|(g) Panchakarma||15 Marks|
- A candidates shall answer the papers in English unless otherwise directed
- The qualifying mark is 50% for UR & SEBC candidates and 45% for P.H. category and 40% for ST & SC category of candidates.