Odisha Public Service Commission Recruitment 2013 for Assistant Public Prosecutor
Recruitment to the post of Assistant Public Prosecutor, in Group – “B” in the Odisha State Prosecution Service under Home Department.
|Online Application form will be available till 23.10.2013 by 11:59 P.M.|
|Last date for receipt of application fee at any branch of State Bank of India ( SBI ) is 26.10.2013|
|Last date for receipt of print out / hard copy of Online Application alongwith copies of requisite certificates and documents is 06.11.2013 by 5.00 P.M.|
|The written examination is likely to be held in the month of January, 2014|
1. Odisha Public Service Commission applications 2013 are invited Online through the proforma application form to be made available on the website ( http://opsconline.gov.in ) from 23.09.2013 to 23.10.2013. ( Note : 26.10.2013 is the last date for payment of application fee ) for recruitment to the posts of Assistant Public Prosecutor in Group – B as per the Odisha State Prosecution Service Rules, 1997 as amended from time to time under Home Department, in the pay scale of 9,300/ – 34,800/- carrying Grade pay of 4,600/- with usual Dearness and other allowances as may be sanctioned by the Government of Odisha from time to time.
2. OPSC Assistant Public Prosecutor 2013 Vacancy Position : As per requisition filed by the Home Department, Government of Odisha, the vacancy position is given below :
|Sl. No.||Category||Category - wise No. of vacancies||Category - wise Reservation for Women|
|2.||Scheduled Caste ( S.C. )||34||11|
|3.||Scheduled Tribe ( S.T. )||47||16|
|4.||Socially & Educationally|
Backward Class ( S.E.B.C.)
- Out of the vacancies mentioned above, 2 posts for Physically Handicapped ( O.H. ) persons ( only men ), 5 posts for Ex – Servicemen and 2 posts for Sports persons are reserved which will be adjusted against the categories to which they belong.
- In case of non – availability eligible / suitable women candidate(s) belonging to the respective category, the unfilled vacancies of that category shall be filled up by eligible / suitable male candidate(s) of the same category.
- The Exchange of reservation between SC & ST will not be considered.
- The number of vacancies to be filled up on the basis of this recruitment is subject to change by the Government without notice, depending upon administrative exigencies of public service at the discretion of the State Government.
3. OPSC Assistant Public Prosecutor 2013 Educational Qualification and Experience : A candidate must have possessed a Bachelor’s Degree in Law from a recognized University and must have at least 2 ( Two ) years of experience as practising advocate.
4. Age Limit for OPSC Assistant Public Prosecutor 2013 : The candidate must not be above the age of 35 years as on the 1st day of January, 2013, i.e. he / she must not have been born earlier than 2nd January,1978. The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 ( five ) years for the candidates belonging to the categories of S.C., S.T., Socially & Educationally Backward Classes ( S.E.B.C. ), Women, Ex-Servicemen and by 10 ( ten ) years for Physically Handicapped candidates. Provided that a candidate who comes under more than one category mentioned above, shall be eligible for only one age relaxation benefit, which shall be considered most beneficial to him / her. Save as provided above, the age limits prescried can in no case be relaxaed. The date of birth entered in the High School Certificate or equivalent certificate issued by the concerned Board / Council will only be accepted by the Odisha Public Service Commission.
5. OPSC Assistant Public Prosecutor 2013 Examination Fee : A candidate is required to pay a non – refundable and non adjustable fee of 300/- ( Rupees three hundred ) only. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe of Odisha and Person with disability [ whose disability is not less than 40% ( forty percent ) ] are exempted from payment of this fee.
6. Plan of OPSC Assistant Public Prosecutor 2013 Examination : The OPSC Assistant Public Prosecutor 2013 examination will consist of the following successive stages :
- Written Examination
- Viva Voce Test
OPSC Assistant Public Prosecutor 2013 written examination is likely to be held in the month of January, 2014.
Eligible candidates will be required to appear at OPSC Assistant Public Prosecutor 2013 Written Examination which will consist of four papers carrying 600 marks. The details of syllabus is appended to Odisha Public Service Commission advertisement at Annexure – A. Each paper shall be of two and half hours duration. The qualifying marks in the Written Examination shall be 40% for calling candidates to Viva Voce Test. In case of S.C. and S.T. candidates the qualifying marks shall be 35% of the written examination. The viva voce test shall carry 75 ( seventy – five ) marks. A candidate failing to secure 30% marks in viva voce test shall be made unsuitable.
7. Place of OPSC Assistant Public Prosecutor 2013 Examination : The written examination for OPSC Assistant Public Prosecutor 2013 will be held at Balasore, Berhampur, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack. and Sambalpur depending on the number of candidates from the respective zone. In case of sufficient number of candidates are not available for any of the Zones of Balasore, Berhampur, Bhubaneswar and Sambalpur, the candidates opting for those Zones will be accommodated at Cuttack. The candidates are to mention their choice of Examination Zones at appropriate place in the Online Application Form.
8. Other Eligibility Conditions :
- The candidate must be a citizen of India;
- The candidate must be able to speak, read and write Odia and must have passed either the Middle School standard language test in Odia conducted by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha or the Matriculation ( Class – X / 10th standard ) Examination with ‘Odia’ as a subject.
- The candidate must have good character and satisfactory antecedents as revealed by the police verification.
- The candidate must have sound health / good physique, active habits and free from organic defects or bodily / mental infirmity.
- A candidate who has more than one spouse living, will not be eligible for appointment unless the State Government has exempted his / her case from operation of this limitation for any good and sufficient reasons;
- He must possess a good character as certified by two responsible citizens of India, one of whom must be a Government Servant not below Group ‘B’ service.
- If a candidate has at any time been debarred for a certain period / chance(s) by the Odisha Public Service Commission or other State Public Service Commission or U.P.S.C. from appearing at any Examination / Interview, he / she will not be eligible for such recruitment for that specified period / chance(s);
- Only those candidates, who fulfil the requisite qualification and experience and other conditions by the closing date of receipt of Online Applications, will be considered eligible.
- Every candidate selected for appointment shall be examined by the Medical Board. A candidate, who fails to satisfy the Medical Board, shall not be appointed;
9. Other Conditions
- The provision of the Odisha conduct of Examination Act, 1988 ( Odisha Act – 2 of 1988 ) are applicable to the examinations conducted by the Odisha Public Service Commission.
- A candidate found guilty of seeking support for his / her candidature by offering illegal gratification or applying pressure or any person connected with the conduct of the recruitment process or found indulging in any type of Malpractice in course of the selection or otherwise, shall, in addition to rendering himself / herself liable to criminal prosecution, be disqualified not only for the recruitment for which he / she is a candidate, but also may be debarred, either permanently or for a specified period, from any recruitment or selection to be conducted by the Odisha Public Service Commission.
- On line Applications submitted to the OPSC, if found to be incomplete in any respect are liable to rejection without entertaining any correspondence with the applicants on that score.
- Admission to examination / Viva voce test will be provisional. If on verification at any stage before or after the viva – voce test, it is found that a candidate does not fulfil all the eligibility conditions, his / her candidature shall be liable to rejection. Decision of the Odisha Public Service Commission in regard to the eligibility or otherwise of a candidate shall be final;
- Orissa Public Service Commission advertisement 2013 should not be construed as binding on the Government to make appointment;
- Concession meant for S.C., S.T. and S.E.B.C. by birth are admissible to the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Socially & Educationally Backward Classes of Odisha only.
- Candidates are required to take due care to annex with the copy of the Print out / Hard copy of Online Application, the copies of certificates and other requisite documents as stated under para – 10 of Odisha Public Service Commission advertisement 2013.
- No one will be admitted to the examination unless he / she holds a certificate of admission. The certificate of admission will be uploaded in the website of the Odisha Public Service Commission prior to the date of examination / interview. The candidates are
required to download the admission certificates & produce the same for admission to the examination / interview. No separate admission certificate will be sent to the candidates.
- All persons appointed under the Government of Odisha on or after 1st January, 2005 shall not be eligible for pension as defined under sub – rule (1) of rule – 3 of the Odisha Civil Service ( Pension ) Rules, 1992; but shall be covered by the new structured defined contribution Pension Scheme in accordance with the Odisha Civil Services ( Pension ) Amendment Rules, 2005.
- Any misrepresentation or suppression of information by the candidate in the Online Application Form or in the hard copy of application will result in cancellation of his / her candidature or penalty, as may be decided by the Odisha Public Service Commission.
- Mere empanelment in the select list shall not confer any right for appointment unless the Government is satisfied after making such enquiry as may be deemed necessary that the candidate is suitable in all respects for appointment to the service;
- A candidate who claims change in his / her name after having passed the High School Certificate Examination or equivalent examination, is required to furnish copy of publication of the changed name in local leading daily news paper as well as copy of notification in the Odisha Gazette in support of his / her change of name.
10. Certificate / Documents to be Attached : Candidates are required to submit along with the printout / hard copy of Online application, true copies of the following certificates and documents, duly attested by the candidate or a Gazetted Officer or Notary Public. The candidates are also required to mention on each document “submitted by me” and put their full signature on the same. They must not attach original certificates with their applications. Only those, who are called for the viva voce test, will be required to bring with them the original certificates, mark – sheets etc. for verification at the time of viva voce test.
If a candidate fails to furnish any of the original documents in respect of the attested copies submitted with the application for verification on the date of interview, before the interview starts, he / she shall not be allowed to appear at the interview.
- Attach two recent passport size photograph ( unsigned and unattested ), which has been uploaded with the Online Application Form, along with the printout / hard copy of the Online Application Form.
- H.S.C. or equivalent certificate in support of declaration of age issued by the concerned Board / Council;
- Intermediate / +2 / Higher Secondary Examination Certificate issued by the concerned Board / Council;
- Bachelor’s Degree Certificate issued by the recognized University;
- L.L.B. Degree Certificate issued by the recognized University;
- Mark – sheets in support of all the aforesaid examinations i.e. H.S.C. to L.L.B. Degree including fail Marks if any, issued by the Board / Council / University.
- Certificate of Enrolment in the Bar Council;
- Certificate from the District Judge in support of prescribed 2 ( Two ) years of experience at the Bar as Practicing Advocate in the prescribed format vide Annexure B.
- Discharge Certificate of Ex – Serviceman issued by the Commanding Officer of the Unit last served, wherever applicable.
- Identity Card of Sportspersons issued by the Director of Sports, Odisha, wherever applicable.
- Disability Certificate ( indicating percentage of disability ) issued by the concerned Medical Board, wherever applicable.
- Two character certificates in original issued by two respectable persons, one of which must be a Government Servant not below the rank of Group B service.
Note : While filling up the relevant box of the Online Application Form, the candidate has to mention details of marks secured in Annual examination leading to award of Degree.
- Caste certificate by birth in support of claim as S.C. / S.T./ S.E.B.C., wherever applicable, ( Please see note below ).
- Required Odia Test pass certificate from the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha indicating Odia as a language subject equivalent to M.E.School Standard or a certificate from the Principal / Headmaster of the school indicating that the candidate has passed Odia in M.E. Standard, if not passed Odia as a subject in the High School Certificate / equivalent examination;
- If a candidate claims to possess qualification equivalent to the prescribed qualification, the rule / authority ( with number and date ) under which it is so treated, must be furnished with the Application Form;
Note 1 : Candidates claiming to be belonging to S.C. / S.T. / S.E.B.C. category of Odisha by birth are required to submit the copy of the relevant caste certificates issued by the competent authority in the prescribed form. Candidates of S.E.B.C.
category ( other than Creamy Layer ) must submit copy of caste certificates, issued within the last three years from the date of issue of the Orissa Public Service advertisement.
i. Women candidates belonging to S.C. / S.T. / S.E.B.C. are required to submit caste certificates ( by birth showing “daughter of __.” Caste certificate by virtue of marriage ( i.e. showing “wife of ___” ) is not acceptable.
ii. OBC certificates will not be accepted in LIEU of SEBC certificates.
iii. Community ( caste status ) once mentioned by the candidates in the online application shall not be changed under any circumstances.
The competent authorities are : District Magistrate / Collector or Additional District Magistrate or Sub – Divisional Magistrates / Sub – Collector Executive Magistrate or Revenue Officers, not below the rank of Tahasildar / Additional Tahasildar of Government of Odisha.
Note 2 : Degree Certificate, Caste Certificate, Odia Test Pass Certificate, Discharge Certificate of Ex-Serviceman, Identity Card of Sportsperson and Disability Certificate from Medical Board of Physically Handicapped Person must have been issued by the competent authority before the last date fixed for receipt of applications as indicated above.
11. OPSC Assistant Public Prosecutor 2013 Application Form :
- Candidates must go through details of Odisha Public Service Commission advertisement before filling up the online application form.
- Candidates must apply online through the website of OPSC http://opsconline.gov.in Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily rejected.
- Before filling up the online application form, the candidates must go through the following documents available at OPSC portal.
- Instructions to fill up the online application form;
- Guidelines for scanning and uploading of photograph, Full signature and left thumb impression.
- Candidates are required to upload the scanned image of latest passport size photograph along with scanned image of his / her full signature and scanned image of Left Thumb Impression ( LTI ) in the Online Application Form. The uploaded photograph, full signature and LTI must be clearly identifiable / visible, otherwise the application of the candidate is liable to be rejected by the Orissa Public Service Commission and no representation from the candidate will be entertained.
- Candidates should keep at least 2 copies of the latest passport size photograph which is uploaded on the online application form for future use.
- On successful submission of the Online Application Form, a Unique Registration ID will be displayed on the screen as well as on the top of the application form. Candidates are required to take a printout of the finally submitted online application form and put his / her signature under the declaration for submission to O.P.S.C. along with copies of requisite certificates and documents.
- Thereafter, the candidates who are required to pay the fee shall take a printout of Online Challan ( Pay-in-Slip ) for payment of requisite fee of 300/- ( Three hundred ) only at any branch of State Bank of India ( SBI ). The Fee paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee be adjusted or held in reserve for any other examination or recruitment.
- Candidates are required to send the printout / hard copy of the filled in Online Application duly signed under the declaration along with copies of required certificates and documents etc., as provided under para 10 of Odisha Public Service Commission Advertisement, copy of challan showing payment of Application Fee, by Registered Post / Speed Post / Courier Service to the Special Secretary, Odisha Public Service Commission, 19, Dr.P.K.Parija Road, Cuttack – 753 001 so as to reach the same in the office of the OPSC on or before 06.11.2013. The envelope containing the printout / hard copy of the Online Application along with requisite certificates and documents must be superscribed “Application for the post of Assistant Public Prosecutor”. Application received after the closing date shall not be entertained. Orissa Public Service Commission will not take any responsibility if the Application is not received in time. The candidate may also submit the copy of the printout / hard copy of the Online Application along with the requisite certificates and documents in the office of the Odisha Public Service Commission directly / personally on or before the last date of receipt of application at the counter.
- The candidates are advised to submit the Online Application well in advance without waiting for the closing date to avoid last hour rush.
- Certificate of admission to the examination / interview to the eligible candidates will be uploaded in the website of the OPSC prior to the date of examination or interview which will be published in the website and news paper. The candidates are required to download their admission certificate from the website of the Odisha Public Service Commission and produce the same for admission to the examination or interview. No separate correspondence will be made on this score.
12. Facilitation Counter :
For any technical guidance on filling up of online application, the candidates may contact facilitation counter of O.C.A.C. over Toll free No. 18003456770 or 155335 between 10.30. A.M. to 1.30 P.M. and 2.00 P.M. to 5.00 P.M. on any Odisha Government working day. Regarding difficulty in payment of fee, if any, the candidates may contact SBI over Telephone No. 0671-2368267 and 9437039604.
In case of any guidance / information on Orissa Public Service Commission advertisement and recruitment, candidates may contact the O.P.S.C. Facilitation Counter over Telephone No. 0671-2304141 / 2305611 & Extn.-207 on any working day between 10.30 A.M. to 1.30 P.M. & 2.00 P.M. to 5.00 P.M. The candidates are required to visit the website of the Odisha Public Service Commission at http://opsc.gov.in for detailed information about the programme of the examination / interview, rejection notice and other important notice etc. and also keep track of publication of various notices to the effect in the leading local daily news papers for information.
Syllabus of OPSC Assistant Public Prosecutor 2013 Examination
A. The written examination for recruitment to the post of Assistant Public Prosecutors in Group – ‘B’ Services shall be on the following subjects. Each paper shall be with a duration of two and half hours.
|a)||Translation from English to Odia of a passage consisting of two hundred words and Translation from Odia to English of a passage consisting of two hundred words.||50 marks.|
|b)||An essay of about 1500 words.||50 marks.|
|c)||Precies writing consisting of 250 words.||25 marks|
|d)||Comprehension ( Passage of about 500 words with 5 questions )||25 marks|
|a)||Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973||50 marks.|
|b)||Indian Evidence Act||50 marks.|
|c)||Drafting of Petition, Pleading argument.||50 marks.|
|a)||Indian Penal Code||50 marks|
|b)||Food Safety and Standards Act||20 marks|
|c)||Odisha Forest Act, Wild Life Protection Act, Odisha|
Saw Mills & Saw Pits ( Control ) Act & Odisha T.T. Rules
|d)||Arms Act||10 marks|
|e)||India Explosive Act and Explosive Substances Act.||10 marks|
|f)||Bihar and Odisha Excise Act||10 marks|
|g)||Dowry Prohibition Act.||10 marks|
|h)||Railway Property ( Un - lawful Possession ) Act||10 marks|
|a)||Information and Technology ( Amendment ) Act, 2008||15 marks|
|b)||Juvenile Justice ( Care and Protection of Children ) Act||10 marks|
|c)||Probation of Offenders Act||10 marks|
|d)||Protection of Women from Domestic Violence Act||10 marks|
|e)||Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe ( Prevention of Atrocities ) Act and Rules||10 marks|
|f)||Indian Electricity Act & Odisha Electric Supply Line|
Material ( Un - lawful Possession ) Act
|g)||N.D.P.S. Act||10 marks|
|h)||Environmental Act and Rules||10 marks|
|i)||Prevention of Immoral Traffic ( Prevention ) Act||10 marks|
|j)||Odisha Freedom of Religion Act||05 marks|
|k)||Law of Torts||10 marks|
|l)||Indian Contract Act||10 marks|
|m)||Indian Limitation Act||10 marks|
|n)||Transfer of Property Act||10 marks|
|o)||Interpretation of Statutes||10 marks|
A candidate shall answer the papers in English except for Translation into Odia. The standard of General English shall be of Degree Course and that of other papers shall be of L.L.B. Course under University Examination. The question on Civil Law shall be to test rudimentary / knowledge on the subject of candidate. The qualifying mark in the written examination shall be 40% for calling candidates to the viva voce test. In case of S.C. and S.T. candidates, the qualifying marks shall be 35% of the written examination.
B. OPSC Assistant Public Prosecutor 2013 Viva Voce Test
There shall be 75 marks for viva voce test. A candidate failing to secure 30% marks in the viva voce test will be made unsuitable.