Odisha Public Service Commission Recruitment 2017 for Assistant Public Prosecutor
Odisha Public Service Commission Recruitment to the post of Assistant Public Prosecutor, Group-’B’ in the Odisha State Prosecution Service under Home Department.
1. Odisha Public Service Commission applications are invited online through the Proforma Application Form to be made available on the website http://opsconline.gov.in from 06th April, 2017 to 05th May, 2017. ( Note : 08th May, 2017 is the last date for payment of application fee) for recruitment to the posts of Assistant Public Prosecutor, Group—’B’ as per the Odisha State Prosecution Service Rules, 1997 as amended from time to time under Home Department, in the pay scale of 9,300/- – 34,800/- carrying Grade pay of 4,600/- with usual Dearness and other allowances as may be sanctioned by the Government of Odisha from time to time. The posts are temporary but likely to be permanent.
At present only the online applications are invited from the candidates for admission to the written examination. After declaration of result of written examination the candidates who are shortlisted to be called for viva voce test, will be required to submit print out/hard copy of the online application form along with the photo copies of other documents as stated under Para-10 of this advertisement, on or before the date to be notified later.
2. OPSC Assistant Public Prosecutor 2017 Vacancy Position : As per requisition filed by the Home Department, Government of Odisha, the vacancy position is given below :
|Sl.No.||Category||No. of Vacancies|
|2.||Scheduled Caste ( S.C. )||34 (11-W)|
|3.||Scheduled Tribe ( S.T. )||47 (15-W)|
|4.||Socially & Educationally|
Backward Class (S.E.B.C.)
|Grand Total||192 (63-W)|
- Out of the vacancies mentioned above, 06 posts for Physically Handicapped (B/LV-02, HI-02 and LD/CP-02) persons, 06 posts for Ex-Servicenien and 02 posts for Sports Persons are reserved which will be adjusted against the categories to which they belong. ( B-Bliiidness, LV-Low vision, HI-Hearing Impaired, LD- Locomotor Disability, CP-Cerebral Palsy )
- In case of non-availability eligible / suitable women candidate(s) belonging to the respective category, the unfilled vacancies of that category shall be filled up by eligible / suitable male candidate(s) of the same category.
- The Exchange of reservation between SC & ST will not be considered.
- The number of vacancies to be filled up on the basis of this recruitment is subject to change by the Government without notice, depending upon administrative exigencies of public service at the discretion of the State Government.
3. OPSC Assistant Public Prosecutor 2017 Educational Qualification : A candidate must have possessed a Bachelor’s Degree in Law from a recognized University.
4. Age Limit for OPSC Assistant Public Prosecutor 2017 : The candidate must not be under 21 years of age and above the age of 35 years as on the 1st day of January, 2017, i.e. he/she must have born not earlier than 2nd January, 1982 and not later than 1st January, 1996. Age relaxation shall be as per Government Rules prescribed for the purpose.
Save as Provided above, the age limits Prescribed can in no case be Relaxed.
The date of birth entered in the High School Certificate or equivalent certificate issued by the concerned Board / Council will only be accepted by the Commission.
5. OPSC Assistant Public Prosecutor 2017 Examination Fee : A candidate is required to pay a non-refundable and non-adjustable fee of 300/- (Rupees three hundred) only. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe of Odisha and Person with disability [whose disability is not less than 40% ( forty percent )] are exempted from payment of this fee.
6. Plan of OPSC Assistant Public Prosecutor 2017 Examination : The OPSC Assistant Public Prosecutor 2017 examination will consist of the following successive stages :
- Written Examination
- Viva Voce Test
7. Place of OPSC Assistant Public Prosecutor 2017 Examination : The written examination will be held at Balasore, Berhampur, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack and Sambalpur depending on the number of candidates from the respective zones. In case of sufficient numbers of candidates are not available for any of the Zone of Balasore, Berhampur, Bhubaneswar and Sambalpur, the candidates opting for those Zones will be accommodated at Cuttack.
The candidates are to mention their choice of Examination Zones at appropriate place in the Online Application Form.
8. Other Eligibility Conditions :
- The candidate must be a citizen of India;
- The candidate must have good character. The candidate must have sound health / good physique, active habits and free from organic defects or bodily / mental infirmity. ( This clause shall not be applicable to PWDs, except the mental condition as to mental infirmity ).
- The candidate must be able to read, write and speak Odia fluently and must have passed either the Middle School standard language test in Odia conducted by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha or the Matriculation ( Class-X / 10th standard ) Examination with ‘Odia’ as a subject.
- A candidate who has more than one spouse living will not be eligible for appointment unless the State Government has exempted his/her case from operation of this limitation for any good and sufficient reasons;
- He must possess a good character as certified by two responsible citizens of India, one of whom must be a Government Servant not below Group-’B’ service.
- If a candidate has at any time been debarred for a certain period / chance(s) by the Odisha Public Service Commission or other State Public Service Commission or U.P.S.C. from appearing at any Examination/Interview, he/she will not be eligible for such recruitment for that specified period / chance(s);
- Government servants, whether temporary or permanent, are eligible to apply provided that they possess the requisite qualification and are within the prescribed age limit. They must inform their respective Heads of Offices in writing regarding submission of their applications for this recruitment and obtain “No objection Certificate”.
- A candidate who claims change in his/her name after having passed the High School Certificate Examination or equivalent examination, is required to furnish copy of publication of the changed name in local leading daily news paper as well as copy of notification in the Odisha Gazette in support of his/her change of name.
- Only those candidates, who fulfill the requisite qualification and other conditions by the closing date of receipt of Online Applications, will be considered eligible.
- Every candidate selected for appointment shall be examined by the Medical Board. A candidate, who fails to satisfy the Medical Board, shall not be appointed;
9. Other Conditions
- The provision of the Odisha conduct of Examination Act, 1988 (Odisha Act-2 of 1988) are applicable to the examinations conducted by the Odisha Public Service Commission.
- A candidate found guilty of seeking support for his/her candidature by offering illegal gratification or applying pressure or any person connected with the conduct of the recruitment process or found indulging in any type of Malpractice in course of the selection or otherwise, shall, in addition to rendering himself/herself liable to criminal prosecution, be disqualified not only for the recruitment for which he/she is a candidate, but also may be debarred, either permanently or for a specified period, from any recruitment or selection to be conducted by the Commission.
- Online Applications submitted to the OPSC, if found to be incomplete in any respect are liable to rejection without entertaining any correspondence with the applicants on that score :
- Admission to Examination / Viva Voce Test will be provisional. If on verification at any stage before or after the Viva-Voce Test, it is found that a candidate does not fulfill all the eligibility conditions, his/her candidature shall be liable to rejection. Decision of the Commission in regard to the eligibility or otherwise of a candidate shall be final;
- This advertisement should not be construed as binding on the Government to malL appointment;
- Concessions meant for S.C., S.T. and S.E.B.C. by birth are admissible to the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Socially & Educationally Backward Classes of Odisha only.
- Candidates are required to take due care to annex with the copy of the Print out / Hard copy of Online Application, the copies of certificates and other requisite documents as stated under Para-10 of this advertisement.
- No one will be admitted to the examination unless he/she holds a certificate of admission. The certificate of admission will be uploaded in the Website of the Commission prior to the date of examination / interview. The candidates are required to download the admission certificates & produce the same for admission to the examination /interview. No separate admission certificate will be sent to the candidates.
- All persons appointed under the Government of Odisha on or after 1st January, 2005 shall not be eligible for pension as defined under sub-rule (1) of rule- 3 of the Odisha Civil Service (Pension) Rules, 1992; but shall be covered by the new structured defined contribution Pension Scheme in accordance with the Odisha Civil Services (Pension) Amendment Rules, 2005.
- Any misrepresentation or suppression of information by the candidate in the Online Application Form or in the hard copy of application will result in cancellation of his/her candidature or penalty, as may be decided by the Commission.
- Mere empanelment in the select list shall not confer any right for appointment unless the Government is satisfied after making such enquiry as may be deemed necessary that the candidate is suitable in all respects for appointment to the service;
- If one candidate furnishes more than one online application, the Commission will consider the information / data of latest application having higher ID number.
10. Certificate / Documents to be Attached :
At present only the online applications are invited from the candidates for admission to the written examination. Candidates who will qualify in the written examination are required to submit print out/hard copy of the online application form along with the photo copies of following documents duly self attested by the Candidate. The candidates are also required to mention on each document “submitted by me” and nut their full signature on the same. They must not attach original certificates with their applications.
Only those, who are called for the Viva Voce Test, will be required to bring with them the original certificates, mark-sheets etc. for verification at the time of Viva-Voce test.
If a candidate fails to furnish any of the original certificates / documents in respect of the attested conies submitted with the application for verification on the date of interview, before the interview starts, he/she shall not be allowed to appear at the interview.
- H.S.C. or equivalent certificate in support of declaration of age issued by the concerned Board / Council;
- Intermediate / +2 / Higher Secondary Examination Certificate issued by the concerned Board/Council;
- Bachelor’s Degree Certificate issued by the recognized University;
- L.L.B. Degree Certificate issued by the recognized University;
- Mark-sheets in support of all the aforesaid examinations i.e. H.S.C. to L.L.B. Degree including fail Marks if any, issued by the Board / Council / University.
- Discharge Certificate of Ex-Serviceman issued by the Commanding Officer of the Unit last served and a court affidavit regarding not holding any civil post after retirement from military service.
- Sports certificate issued by the Director of Sports, Odisha, wherever applicable.
- Disability Certificate ( indicating percentage of disability ) issued by the concerned Medical Board, wherever applicable.
- Two character certificates in original issued by two respectable persons, one of whom must be a Government Servant not below the rank of Group-B service.
- Caste certificate by birth in support of claim as S.C. / S.T. / S.E.B.C, wherever applicable,.
- Required Odia Test pass certificate from the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha indicating Odia as a language subject equivalent to M.E. School Standard or a certificate from the Principal/Headmaster of the school indicating that the candidate has passed Odia in M.E. Standard, if not passed Odia as a subject in the High School Certificate / equivalent examination;
- Two recent passport size photograph (unsigned and unattested), which has been uploaded with the Online Application Form, along with the printout/hard copy of the Online Application Form.
- The OPSC copy of challan showing payment of fees wherever applicable.
Note : Degree Certificate, Caste Certificate, Odia Test Pass Certificate, Discharge Certificate of Ex-Serviceman, Certificate of Sportsperson and Disability Certificate from Medical Board of Physically Handicapped Person must have been issued by the competent authority before the last date fixed for receipt of online applications as indicated above.
11. OPSC Assistant Public Prosecutor 2017 Application Form :
- Candidates must go through details of this Advertisement before filling up the online Application Form.
- Candidates must apply online through the website of OPSC http://opsconline.gov.in. Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily be rejected.
- Before filling up the online Application Form, the candidates must go through the following documents available at OPSC portal.
- Instructions to fill up the online Application Form;
- Guidelines for scanning and Uploading of Photograph, Full Signature and Left Thumb Impression.
- Candidates are required to upload the scanned image of latest passport size photograph along with scanned image of his/her full signature and scanned image of Left Thumb Impression (LTI) in the Online Application Form. The uploaded photograph, full signature and LTI must be clearly identifiable/visible, otherwise the application of the candidate is liable to be rejected by the Commission and no representation from the candidate will be entertained.
- Candidates should keep at least 2 copies of the latest passport size photograph which is uploaded on the online application form for future use.
- On successful submission of the Online Application Form, a Unique Registration ID will be displayed on the screen as well as on the top of the application form. Candidates are required to take a printout of the finally submitted online application form and put his/her signature under the Declaration for future reference required for submission to the OPSC alongwith copies of the requisite certificates & documents with printout / hardcopy of the online Application Form ( after declaration of result of the written examination ). However, the candidates claiming as SC/ST/SEBC/P.H/Ex-servicemen/Sports Person should furnish evidence in support of their claims as such immediately after submission of their online applications.
- Thereafter, the candidates who are required to pay the fee shall take a printout of Online Challan (Pay-in-Slip) for payment of requisite fee of 300/- ( Three hundred ) only at any branch of State Bank of India (SBI). The Fee paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee be adjusted or held in reserve for any other examination or recruitment. Deposit of application fees by any other mode shall not be accepted.
- At present only the online applications are invited from the candidates for admission to the written examination. After declaration of result of written examination the candidates who are shortlisted for Viva voce test, will be required to submit print out/hard copy of the online application form along with the photo copies of other documents, by Registered Post / Speed Post / Courier Service to the Special Secretary, Odisha Public Service Commission, 19, Dr. P.K.Parija Road, Cuttack – 753001 so as to reach the same in the office of the OPSC on or before the prescribed date, which will be declared later (i.e. after declaration of result of written examination).The envelope containing the printout / hard copy of the Online Application along with requisite certificates and documents must be super-scribed “Application for the Post of Assistant Public Prosecutor”.
- Application received after the closing date shall not be entertained. The Commission will not take any responsibility if the Application is not received in time.
- The candidates are advised to submit the Online Application well in advance without waiting for the closing date to avoid last hour rush.
12. Facilitation Counter :
For any technical guidance on filling up of online application, the candidates may contact facilitation counter of O.C.A.C. over Toll free No. 18003456770 or 155335 between 10.30. A.M. to 1.30 P.M. and 2.00 P.M. to 5.00 P.M. on any Odisha Government working day.
Regarding difficulty in payment of fee, if any, the candidates may contact SBI over Telephone No. 0671-2368267 and 9437039604.
In case of any guidance / information on this advertisement and recruitment, candidates may contact the O.P.S.C. Facilitation Counter over Telephone No. 0671-2304141/2305611 & Extn.-207 on any working day between 10.30 A.M. to 1.30 P.M. & 2.00 P.M. to 5.00 P.M.
The candidates are required to visit the Website of the Commission at http://opsc.gov.in for detailed information about the program of the examination / interview, rejection notice and other important notice etc. and also keep track of publication of various notices to this effect in the leading local daily news papers for information.
Odisha PSC Application Form Closing Date 2017 :
- Online Applications shall be available in the website from : 06th April, 2017 to 05th May, 2017, till 11:59 P.M.
- Last Date for Receipt of Application Fee at any S.B.I. Brance is 08th May, 2017.
NB : The online Application Form if Found Defective in any Respect are Liable to be Summarily Rejected.
A. Syllabus of OPSC Assistant Public Prosecutor Examination 2017
The written examination for recruitment to the post of Assistant Public Prosecutors shall be of one paper carrying 130 marks of 2 hours and 30 minutes duration with objective type questions of multiple choice answers (MCQ) on the following subjects. The OMR answer sheets will be evaluated by the computer.
Subjects of Odisha PSC Written Examination :
- The Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 (Chapter Nos. ii, iii, v, vi, vii, viii, x, xii, xiv, xv, xvi, xvii, xviii, xix, xx, xxi, xxiii, xxiv, xxvii, xxviii, xxix, xxx, xxxii, xxxiii, xxxiv, xxxvi) – 45 Marks
- The Evidence Act, 1872 – 40 Marks
- Indian Penal Code, 1860 ( Chapter Nos. ii, iii, iv, v, v-A, viii, xiv, xvi, xvii, xviii, xx,xx-A, xxii, xxiii ) – 45 Marks
B. OPSC Assistant Public Prosecutor 2017 Viva Voce Test
There shall be 20 marks for viva voce test.
Depending on the marks secured by the candidates in written examination, the commission will shortlist the candidates for the V. V. Test in the ratio of 1:3 with reference to the number of vacancies in the respective categories.