Odisha Public Service Commission Recruitment 2017 for Assistant Professors
Recruitment to the Posts of Assistant Professors (Speciality) in Different Disciplines under the Odisha Medical Education Service Cadre for Posting in the Government Medical Colleges of the State in the Rank of Group-A under Health & Family Welfare Department.
( The Assistant Professors shall be initially posted at Pandit Raghunath Murimi Medical College & Hospital, Baripada and Saheed Laxman Nayak Medical College & Hospital, Koraput. )
Website : http://opsconline.gov and http://opsc.gov.in
1. Odisha Public Service Commission online applications are invited from the prospective candidates through the proforma application to be made available on website http://www.onsconline.gov.in from 01st March, 2017 till 30th March, 2017 for recruitment to the posts of Assistant Professors (speciality) under the Odisha Medical Education Service cadre for posting in the government medical colleges of the state in Group-A of the Odisha Medical Education Service (Methods of Recruitment and conditions of Service) Rules, 2013 under the Health & Family Welfare Department in the scale of pay of 15,600/- – 39,100 + AGP 8,000/ with usual dearness allowance and other allowances as may be sanctioned by the Government of Odisha from time to time.
Odisha PSC Online application must be followed by submission of Hard copy of the same along with copies of certificates by the last date 11th April, 2017.
OPSC Assistant Professors Vacancy Position 2017 :
As per requisition filed by the Health & Family Welfare Department, the vacancy position along with reservation thereof is given below :
|Sl.No||Name of the Discipline||No. of vacancies reserved for||Un - Reserved||Total Vacancies|
|1||Anaesthesiology||2 ( w - 1 )||2 ( w - 1 )||0||2 ( w - 2 )||6 ( w - 4 )|
|2||Anatomy||1||1||1||2 ( w - 1 )||5 ( w - l )|
|5||Medicine||0||2||2||5 ( w - 2 )||9 ( w - 2 )|
|7||O & G||0||1||0||4 ( w - 2 )||5 ( w - 2 )|
|10||Paediatrics||1||1||0||4 ( w - 2 )||6 ( w - 2 )|
|11||Pathology||3 ( w - l )||2 ( w - 1 )||0||3||8 ( w - 2 )|
|15||Radio - diagnosis||1||1||0||2||4|
|16||Radio - Therapy||0||0||0||2||2|
|18||Skin & V.D.||0||0||0||1||1|
|19||Surgery||0||1||0||6 ( w - 3 )||7 ( w - 3 )|
|20||T.B. & C.D.||0||0||0||1||1|
|Total||16 ( w - 2 )||15 ( w - 2 )||5||47 ( w - 12 )||83 ( w - 16 )|
- The posts are temporary and likely to be made permanent. The appointment can be terminated on one month’s notice from either side without assigning any reason thereof.
- In the event of non-availability of sufficient number of eligible women candidate(s) belonging to any particular category, the remaining vacancies will be filled up by male candidate(s) of that category.
- Exchange of reservation between Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe will not be considered.
- The number of vacancy to be filled up on the basis of this recruitment is subject to change by Government without notice, depending upon the administrative exigencies of public service at the discretion of the State Government.
- The candidates intending to apply for more than one discipline are required to submit separate online applications followed by hard copy within the last date.
3. Age : A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and below 45 years as on the 1st day of January, 2017.i.e. he/she must have been born not earlier than 02.01.1972, and not later than 01.01.1996. Age relaxation shall be as per Government Rules prescribed for the purpose.
Provided further that the upper age limit up to 5 years shall be relaxed in case of in-service doctors serving on ad hoc basis or contractual basis under the Government of Odisha or Government of Odisha undertakings, as the case may be.
Provided that, a candidate who comes under more than one category mentioned above, he/she will be eligible for one age relaxation benefit, which shall be considered most beneficial to him/her.
Save as Provided above the age limits Prescribed can in no case be Relaxed.
Date of birth entered in the High School Certificate or equivalent certificate issued by the concerned Board / Council will only be accepted by the Commission.
4. Odisha PSC Educational Qualification & Experience :
The selection of candidates for recruitment to the posts will be made on the basis of the Odisha Medical Education Service (Method of Recruitment and conditions of service) Rules, 2013 and such other modalities as may be decided by the Commission.
Selection to the post of Assistant Professor shall be made by way of direct recruitment through the Commission, from amongst the Candidate having P.G. Degree in the concerned speciality with three years teaching experience as Tutor or Senior Resident from any Medical Institution recognized by the MCI :
Provided that, the selection may also be made from amongst the Assistant Professors, in any other Speciality subject, having requisite qualification in the concerned speciality subject to the condition that seniority in the Speciality shall be determined from the date of appointment in the new discipline in accordance with the placement given by the Commission and accepted by the Government:
Provided further that in case of non-availability of MS or MD candidates M.Sc. qualified candidates as prescribed by the MCI will be appointed in the Department of Anatomy, Physiology, Pharmacology and Microbiology to the extent of 30% and in the Department Bio-Chemistry to the extent of 50% of the total number of posts.
MBBS Degree holders possessing Diplomate National Board degree from a Medical College recognized by the MCI or Central Institute along with three years of teaching experience in the subject from a recognized Medical College after obtaining the Diplomate National Board degree or candidates possessing Diplomate National Board degree from institutions other than Medical Colleges recognized by the MCI or Central Institute along with five years of teaching experience in the subject from a recognized Medical College after obtaining the said degree shall also be eligible.
The details of discipline wise qualification for the post of Assistant Professors in different disciplines of Speciality are mentioned below :
1. Anatomy : M.D. (Anatomy) / M.Sc. (Anatomy) with 3 years teaching experience in the subject from a recognized Medical College as Tutor or Senior Resident.
2. Bio-Chemistry : M.D. (Bio-Chemistry) / M.Sc. (Medical Bio-Chemistry) with 3 years teaching experience in the subject from a recognized Medical College as Tutor or Senior Resident.
3. Community : Medicine M.D. (S.P.M.) / M.D. (Community Medicine) with 3 years teaching experience in the subject from a recognized Medical College as Tutor or Senior Resident.
4. F.M. & T. : M.D. (F.M.T.) with 3 years teaching experience in the subject from a recognized Medical College as Tutor or Senior Resident.
5. Medicine : M.D. (Medicine) with 3 years teaching experience in the subject from a recognized Medical College as Tutor or Sr. Resident.
6. Microbiology : M.D. (Bacteriology) / M.D. (Microbiology) / M.Sc. (Medical Microbiology / Medical Bacteriology) with 3 years teaching experience in the subject from a recognized Medical College as Tutor or Senior Resident.
7. Obstetrics and Gynaecology : M.D. (0. & G.) / M.S. (0. & G.) with 3 years teaching experience in the subject from a recognized Medical College as Tutor or Senior Resident.
8. Orthopaedic : Surgery M.S. (Orthopedics) with 3 years teaching experience in the subject from a recognized Medical College as Tutor or Senior Resident.
9. Paediatrics : M.D. (Paediatrics) with 3 years teaching experience in the subject from a recognized Medical College as Tutor or Senior Resident.
10. Pathology : M.D. (Pathology) with 3 years teaching experience in the subject from a recognized Medical College as Tutor or Senior Resident.
11. Pharmacology : M.D. (Pharmacology) / M.Sc. (Medical Pharmacology) with 3 years teaching experience in the subject from a recognized Medical College as Tutor or Senior Resident.
12. Physiology : M.D. (Physiology) / M.Sc. (Medical Physiology) with 3 years teaching experience in the subject from a recognized Medical College as Tutor or Senior Resident.
13. Psychiatry : M.D. (Psychiatrics) with 3 years teaching experience in the subject from a recognized Medical College as Tutor or Senior Resident.
14. Radiology : M.D. (Radiology) with 3 years teaching experience in the subject from a recognized Medical College as Tutor or Senior Resident.
15. Skin & V.D. : M.D. (Skin & V.D.) with 3 years teaching experience in the subject from a recognized Medical College as Tutor or Senior Resident.
16. Surgery : M.S. (Gen. Surgery) with 3 years teaching experience in the subject from a recognized Medical College as Tutor or Senior Resident.
17. T.B. & C.D. : M. D. (T.B. & C.D.) with 3 years teaching experience in the subject from a recognized Medical College as Tutor or Senior Resident.
5. Method of OPSC Selection :
The selection of candidates for recruitment to the posts shall be made on the basis of Written Examination and Career marking. Weightage of 30% will be given to Career marking and 70% to Written test.
Career marking will be in the following manner :
Marks secured in 10th Class examination – 10%
Marks secured in 12th Class examination – 10%
Marks secured in MBBS examination – 10%
Odisha PSC Written Examination 2017 :
Total marks in written test – 200.
The total number of question is 200, which will be of multiple choice questions (MCQ) pattern.
No negative marking for wrong answers.
Qualifying marks-50% for UR and SEBC, 45% for PWD and 40% for SC and ST in aggregate taking together both career and written test mark.
Duration of Examination – 3 hours.
How to Apply for Odisha PSC Recruitment 2017
- Candidate must go through details of this advertisement available in the Website of OPSC before filling up online application.
- Candidates must apply online through the website http://opscoiiline.gov.in. Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily be rejected.
- Before filling up the online application form, the candidates must go through the following documents available at OPSC website.
- Instruction to fill up online application.
- Guideline for scanning and Uploading of Photograph, Full Signature & Left Thumb Impression.
- Candidates are required to upload the scanned images (only in jpg. format) of his/her latest passport size colour photograph, full signature and scanned image of left thumb impression (L.T.I.) in the online application form. The uploaded photograph, specimen (full) signature & L.T.I. must be and clearly identifiable / visible, otherwise the application of the candidate is liable to be rejected by the Commission and no representation from the candidate will be entertained.
- Candidates should keep at least 2 copies of latest passport size photograph which is uploaded on the online application form for future use.
- On successful submission of the Online application form, a Unique Registration ID will be displayed on the screen as well as on the top of the application form. Candidates are required to take a printout of the finally submitted online application form and put his/her signature under the Declaration for submission to O.P.S.C. along with copies of requisite certificates and documents.
- Thereafter, the candidates who are required to pay the fee shall take a printout of Online Challan (Pay-in-Slip) for deposit of requisite fee of 300/- (rupees three hundred) only at any branch of State Bank of India (SBI). The Fee paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee be adjusted or held in reserve for any other examination or recruitment. Deposit of application fees bv any other mode (i.e. except SBI chalan generated from the computer) shall not be accepted.
- Candidates are required to send the Printout / Hard copy of the filled in Online application duly signed under the declaration form along with copies of required certificates / documents, as provided in the advertisement, by registered post or speed Post only to the following address : Special Secretary,
Odisha Public Service Commission,
19, Dr.P.K. Parija Road, Buxi Bazar,
Cuttack – 753001
So as to reach the same in the office of the OPSC on or before 11th April, 2017 by 5.00 P.M.Applications without signature under the declaration will be liable for rejection.
The envelope containing the printout/hard copy of the online application along with requisite certificates and documents etc must be super scribed “Application for Recruitment to the post of Assistant Professor in Speciality in. Application received after the closing date shall not be entertained. The Commission will not take any responsibility if the application is not received in time.
- The candidates are advised to submit the online application well in advance without waiting for the closing date to avoid OPSC server jam.
- “Intimation Letters” to the candidates for examination and “attestation form” will be uploaded in the website of the OPSC prior to the date of examination. The date of examination will be published in the website and local dailies. The candidates are required to download their ‘Intimation letters’ and ‘Attestation form’ from the website of the Commission (www.opsc.gov.in). The candidates are required to produce the ‘Intimation letters’ for admission to the examination and produce the ‘Attestation form’ at the time of document verification on a separate date which shall be notified later. No separate correspondence will be made on this score.
OPSC Application Form Closing Dates 2017 :
- Odisha Public Service Commission Online Application Form will be available till 30th March, 2017 by 11:59 P.M.
- Last Date for Receipt of Application Fee at any Branch of State Bank of India (SBI) is 06th April, 2017
- Last Date for Receipt of Print Out/Hard Copy of Online Application alongwith Copies of Requisite Certificates and Documents is 11th April, 2017 by 5.00 P.M.
Note : The Online Application Form if Found Defective in any Respect is Liable to be Summarily Rejected.
6. Odisha PSC Application Fee 2017 :
A candidate is required to pay a non-refundable and non-adjustable fee of 300/- (Rupees three hundred) only. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe of Odisha only and Persons with disability ( whose disability is not less than 40% ) are exempted from payment of this fee.
The persons with disability while submitting printout / hardcopy of their online application form, should furnish the valid disability certificate along with other documents, otherwise his/her application will be rejected.
7. Other Eligibility Conditions for OPSC Recruitment 2017 :
- The candidate must be a citizen of India;
- The candidate must be of (a) good moral character, and (b) sound health, good physique and active habits and free from organic defects or bodily infirmity so as not to create an impairment in the due discharge of duties;
- The candidate must be able to speak, read and write Odia fluently and must have passed at least an examination in Odia language equivalent to that of Middle English School Standard conducted by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha; or the Education Department of Government of Odisha or any other Board or Council of Secondary Education approved by the Government of Odisha in support of passing of Odia Language Test (M.E. School standard);
- A candidate, who has more than one spouse living, will not be eligible for appointment unless the State Government has exempted his/her case from operation of this limitation for any good and sufficient reasons;
- Government servants, whether temporary or permanent, are eligible to apply provided that they possess the requisite qualification and experience. They must inform their respective Heads of Offices / Departments in writing regarding submission of their applications for this recruitment and obtain “No Objection Certificate:
- If a candidate has at any time, been debarred for a certain period/chance(s) by the Odisha Public Service Commission or other State Public Service Commission or U.P.S.C. from appearing at any examination/interview, he/she will not be eligible for such recruitment for that specified period/chance(s);
- A candidate who claims change in his/her name after having passed the H.S.C. Examination, is required to furnish copy of publication of the changed name in the local leading daily news paper as well as copy of notification in the Odisha Gazette in support of his/her change of name.
Syllabus of Odisha PSC Written Examination :
- MCI approved PG Syllabus for Speciality Discipline.
- M.Sc. Syllabus of Utkal University for M.Sc. qualified candidates.
Odisha Public Service Commission written examination shall be conducted at Cuttack.
Commission shall prepare a list of candidates in order of merit on the basis of career marking and written test which shall be equal to the number of advertised vacancies :
Provided that, if two or more candidates secure equal marks then the candidate securing higher marks in MBBS examination shall find place above the others in the merit list. In case marks obtained in MBBS examination is also the same, the candidate older in age shall be placed above the younger.
The list recommended by the Commission shall remain valid for a period of one year from the date of its approval by the Government.