Odisha Public Service Commission Recruitment 2014 for Assistant Director of Technical
Odisha Public Service Commission Recruitment 2014 to the post of Assistant Director ( Technical ) in the Directorate of printing, stationery & publication, Odisha, Cuttack in Class II of Odisha printing and stationery service under Commerce & Transport ( Com. ) Department.
Website : http://opsconline.gov.in
|Online application form will be available till 22.11.2014, by 11:59 P.M.|
|Last date for receipt of application fee at any branch of State Bank of India ( SBI ) is 25.11.2014.|
|Last date for submission of print out / hard copy of online application alongwith copies of requisite certificates and documents is 01.12.2014 by 5.00 P.M.|
1. OPSC Applications 2014 are invited online through the proforma Application Form to be made available on the website ( http://opsconline.gov.in ) from 22.10.2014 to 22.11.2014 ( Note : 25.11.2014 is the last date for payment of application fee ) for recruitment to the posts of Assistant Director ( Technical ) in the Directorate of printing stationery & publication, Odisha, Cuttack in Class – II of Odisha printing and stationery service under Commerce & Transport ( Com. ) Department in the scale of pay of 9300 – 34800/- + Grade Pay of 4600/- with usual Dearness and other Allowances as may be sanctioned by the Government of Odisha from time to time. The online application must be followed by submission of hard copy of the same along with copies of certificates by the last date i.e. 01.12.2014.
2. OPSC Assistant Director Vacancy Position 2014 : As per requisition filed by the Commerce & Transport ( Com. ) Department, Government of Odisha, the category wise vacancy position along with reservation thereof is given below :
|Category||No. of Posts|
In the event of non-availability or availability of insufficient number of eligible women candidates belonging to any particular category, the vacancies or the remaining vacancies will be filled up by male candidates of that category.
3. Job Chart : Printing of forms, notifications, resolutions, important activities of various Departments. Assembly Debates, election materials and ballot papers etc.
4. Age Limit for OPSC Assistant Director 2014 : A candidate must have attained the age of 21 ( twenty one ) years and must not be above the age of 32 ( thirty two ) years on the 1st day of January, 2014. The upper age limit prescribed above shall be relaxed by 3 ( three ) years for candidates belonging to the categories of Socially & Educationally Backward Classes ( S.E.B.C. ) and by 5 ( five ) years for candidates belonging to the categories of Scheduled Castes ( S.C. ), Scheduled Tribes ( S.T. ), Women, Ex-servicemen and by 10 ( ten ) years for candidates belonging to ( Physically Handicapped ) category, whose disability should not be less than 40%.
The upper age limit shall be relaxed by 5 years in case of Departmental candidates who are already in Odisha State Government service / Public Sector undertaking / local Bodies etc. Provided that, a candidate who comes under more than one category mentioned above, he / she will be eligible for only one upper age relaxation benefit, which shall be considered most beneficial to him / her.
Save as provided above the age limits prescribed can in no case be relaxed. Date of birth entered in the High School Certificate or equivalent certificate issued by the concerned Board / Council will only be accepted by the Odisha Public Service Commission.
5. OPSC Assistant Director Educational Qualification 2014 :
A candidate must have possessed :
A Degree in Printing Technology from a recognized institution in India or abroad. Or
Alternatively shall have Bachelor Degree in Arts, Science or Commerce and possess a Diploma in Printing Technology from any recognized Institution in India or abroad with a minimum five years of experience in any capacity in a Government, semi Government or private printing press having modern sophisticated machines like P.T.S., D.T.P., Web and Spectfed Offset machines, Plate making arrangements, process camera etc.
6. OPSC Assistant Director Application Fee 2014 :
A candidate is required to pay a non-refundable and non-adjustable fee of 200/- ( Rupees two hundred ) only. Candidate belonging to Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe of Odisha and Persons with Disability ( whose disability is not less than 40% ) are exempted from payment of OPSC Assistant Director fee.
7. Method of OPSC Assistant Director Selection 2014 :
The selection of candidates for recruitment to the OPSC Assistant Director posts will be made on the basis of career assessment and viva voce. The Odisha Public Service Commission at their discretion may short-list the candidates to a reasonable number, for conducting interview by making a preliminary selection on the basis of evaluation of their academic career taking into account the requisite minimum educational qualification.
8. Other Eligibility Conditions for OPSC Assistant Director Jobs 2014 :
- The candidate must be a citizen of India;
- The candidate must have good character. The candidate must have sound health, good physique and active habits and free from organic defects or bodily / mental infirmity.
- He / She must be able to speak, read and write Odia fluently and must have passed an examination in Odia Language equivalent to that of Middle English School standard.
- A candidate, who has more than one spouse living, will not be eligible for appointment unless the State Government has exempted his / her case from operation of this limitation for any good and sufficient reasons;
- Government servants, whether temporary or permanent, are eligible to apply provided that they possess the requisite qualification and are within the prescribed age-limit as provided under para – 4 & 5 of the Advertisement. They must inform their respective Heads of Offices in writing regarding submission of their applications for this recruitment and obtain “No Objection Certificate”.
- If a candidate has at any time, been debarred for a certain period / chance(s) by the Odisha Public Service Commission he / she will not be eligible for such recruitment for that specified period / chance(s);
- A candidate who claims change in his / her name after having passed the High School Certificate Examination or equivalent examination, is required to furnish copy of publication of the changed name in local leading daily news paper as well as copy of notification in the Odisha Gazette in support of his / her change of name.
- Only those candidates, who are within the prescribed age limit and fulfil the requisite qualification etc. by the closing date of submission of OPSC Assistant Director online application, will be considered eligible;
- Every candidate selected for appointment shall be examined by the Medical Board. A candidate, who fails to satisfy the Medical Board, shall not be appointed;
9. Other Conditions :
- A candidate found guilty of seeking support for his / her candidature by offering illegal gratification or applying pressure on any person connected with the conduct of the recruitment process or found indulging in any type of malpractice in course of the selection or otherwise, shall, in addition to rendering himself / herself liable to criminal prosecution, be disqualified not only for the recruitment for which he / she is a candidate, but also may be debarred, either permanently or for a specified period, from any recruitment or selection to be conducted by the Odisha Public Service Commission.
- The provisions of the Odisha Conduct of Examination Act 1988 ( Odisha Act – 2 of 1988 ) are applicable to the examination conducted by the Odisha Public Service Commission.
- Online applications submitted to OPSC if found to be incomplete in any respect are liable to rejection without entertaining any correspondence with the applicants on that score.
- Admission to viva voce will be provisional. If on verification at any stage before or after the viva voce , it is found that a candidate does not fulfil all the eligibility conditions, his / her candidature will be liable to rejection. Decision of the Odisha Public Service Commission in regard to eligibility or otherwise of a candidate shall be final.
- OPSC advertisement should not be construed as binding on the Government to make appointment.
- Concessions meant for S.C., S.T. and SEBC by Birth are admissible to the Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and Socially & Educationally Backward Class of Odisha only.
- Candidates are required to take due care to annex with the copy of the printout / hard copy of online applications, the copies of certificates and other requisite documents as stated under Para – 10 of OPSC advertisement.
- All persons appointed under the Government of Odisha on or after 1st January, 2005 shall not be eligible for pension as defined under sub-rule(1) of Rule 3 of the Odisha Civil Service ( Pension ) Rules, 1992; but shall be covered by the new structured defined Contribution Pension Scheme in accordance with the Odisha Civil Services ( Pension ) Amendment Rules, 2005.
- Any misrepresentation or suppression of information by the candidate in the application form will result in cancellation of his / her candidature or penalty, as decided by the Odisha Public Service Commission.
- Mere empanelment in the select list shall not confer any right for appointment unless the Government is satisfied after making such enquiry as may be deemed necessary that the candidate is suitable in all respects for appointment to the service.
- The posts are temporary but likely to be permanent. The period of probation is two years.
- The number of OPSC Assistant Director vacancies 2014 to be filled up on the basis of OPSC recruitment is subject to change by Government without notice, depending upon the exigencies of public service at the discretion of the State Government.
10. OPSC Assistant Director Job How to Apply 2014 :
- Candidate must go through the details of OPSC Advertisement 2014 before filling up the Online Application Form.
- Candidates must apply online through the website of OPSC http://opsconline.gov.in. Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily rejected.
- Before filling up the OPSC Assistant Director online application form 2014, the candidates must also go through the following documents available at http://opsconline.gov.in
- Instructions to fill up the Online Application Form;
- Guidelines for scanning and Uploading of Photograph, Full Signature & Left Thumb Impression.
- Candidates are required to upload the scanned image of latest passport size photograph along with scanned image of his / her full signature and scanned image of Left Thumb Impression ( LTI ) in the Online Application Form. The Uploaded photograph, full signature and LTI must be clearly identifiable / visible, otherwise the application of the candidate is liable to be rejected by the Odisha Public Service Commission and no representation from the candidate will be entertained.
- Candidates should keep at least 2 copies of latest passport size photograph which is uploaded on the online application form for future use.
- On successful submission of the OPSC Assistant Director Online Application form 2014, a Unique Registration ID will be displayed on the screen as well as on the top of the application form. Candidates are required to take a printout of the finally submitted online application form and put his / her signature under the Declaration for submission to O.P.S.C. along with copies of requisite certificates and documents.
- Thereafter, the candidates who are required to pay the fee shall take a printout of Online Challan ( Pay-in-Slip ) for payment of requisite fee of 200/- ( two hundred ) only at any branch of State Bank of India ( SBI ). The Fee paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee be adjusted or held in reserve for any other examination or recruitment.
- Candidates are required to send the Printout / Hard copy of the filled in Online Application Form duly signed under the declaration along with copies of required certificates and documents etc., as provided under para – 10 of OPSC advertisement and the OPSC copy of Challan showing payment of Application fee, by Registered Post / Speed Post to the Special Secretary, Odisha Public Service Commission, 19, Dr. P.K. Parija Road, Cuttack – 753 001,so as to reach the same in the office of the OPSC on or before 01.12.2014. The Declaration in the hard copy / print out of the Online Application Form not signed by the candidate is liable to rejection. The envelope containing the Printout / Hard copy of the Online application along with requisite certificates and documents etc must be superscribed “Application for the post of Assistant Director ( Technical )”. Application received after the closing date shall not be entertained. The Odisha Public Service Commission will not take any responsibility if the application is not received in time.
- The candidates are advised to submit the Online Application well in advance without waiting for the closing date to avoid last hour rush.
- Certificate of Admission to the Interview to the eligible candidates will be uploaded in the website of the OPSC prior to the date of interview which will be published in the website and news paper. The candidates are required to download their Admission Certificate from the website of the Odisha Public Service Commission and produce the same for admission to the examination or interview. No separate correspondence will be made on this score.
11. Facilitation Counter :
For any technical guidance on filling up of Online Application Form, the candidates may contact facilitation counter of O.C.A.C. over Toll free No. 18003456770 or 155335 between 10.30.A.M. to 1.30 P.M. and 2.00 P.M. to 5.00 P.M. on any Odisha Government working day. Regarding difficulty in payment of fee, if any, the candidates may contact SBI over Telephone No. 0671-2368267 and 9437039604. In case of any guidance / information on OPSC advertisement and recruitment, candidates may contact the O.P.S.C. Facilitation Counter over Telephone No. 0671-2304141 / 2305611 & Extn.-229 on any working day between 10.30 A.M. to 1.30 P.M. & 2.00 P.M. to 5.00 P.M. The candidates are required to visit the website of the Odisha Public Service Commission at http://opsc.gov.in for detailed information about the programme of the examination / interview, rejection notice and other important notices etc. and also keep track of publication of various notices to this effect in the leading local daily news papers for information.