Odisha Public Service Commission Recruitment 2013 for Assistant Director of Sericulture
1. Odisha PSC Recruitment to the post of Assistant Director of Sericulture, Group-B of Odisha Textile and Sericulture Service ( Sericulture Cadre ) under Handlooms, Textiles & Handicrafts Department.
Website : http://opsconline.gov.in
Important Dates for Odisha PSC Jobs 2013
- Online Application Form will be available till 12.11.2013, by 11:59 P.M.
- Last date for receipt of application fee at any branch of State Bank of India ( S.B.I. ) is 15.11.2013.
- Last date for receipt of Print Out / Hard Copy of Online Application alongwith copies of requisite certificates and documents is 22.11.2013 by 5.00 P.M.
Applications are invited online through the Proforma Application form to be made available on the website ( http://opsconline.gov.in ) from 10.10.2013 to 12.11.2013 ( Note : 15.11.2013 is the last date for payment of application fee ) for recruitment to 04 ( four ) posts of Assistant Director of Sericulture, Group-B of Odisha Textile and sericulture Service ( Sericulture Cadre ) under Handlooms, Textiles & Handicrafts Department in the pay scale of 9300-34800/- carrying Grade Pay of 4600/- with usual Dearness and other Allowances as may be sanctioned by the Government of Odisha from time to time. The post is temporary but likely to continue.
2. Vacancy Position for Odisha PSC 2013 :
As per requisition filed by the Handlooms, Textiles & Handicrafts Department, Government of Odisha, the category wise vacancy position along with reservation thereof is given below :
|SI. No.||Category||No. of Vacancies|
|3||Scheduled Tribe||2 ( 1w )|
|Total||4 ( 1w )|
- In the event of non-availability or availability of insufficient number of eligible women candidates belonging to any particular category, the vacancies or the remaining vacancies will be filled up by male candidates of that category.
- Exchange of reservation between Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe will not be considered.
- The number of vacancies to be filled up on the basis of this recruitment is subject to change by Government without notice, depending upon the exigencies of public service at the discretion of the State Government.
- The period of probation is two years. The appointment can be terminated on one month’s notice from either side without assigning any reason thereof.
3. Duties of Odisha PSC Assistant Director of Sericulture 2013 : The Officer will be looking after promotion and development of Sericulture activities in the State.
4. Age Limit for Odisha PSC Assistant Director of Sericulture 2013 :
A candidate must not be under the age of 21 ( twenty one ) years and must not be above the age of 32 ( thirty two ) years as on the 1st day of August 2013, i.e. he / she must not have been born earlier than 2nd August 1981 and not later than 1st August 1992. The upper age limit prescribed above is relaxable by 5 ( five ) years for the candidates belonging to the categories of S.C., S.T., Socially & Educationally Backward Classes ( S.E.B.C. ), Women, Ex-servicemen and by 10 ( ten ) years for Physically Handicapped candidates. The maximum age limit will be 50 ( fifty ) years in case of in-service candidates belonging to Textile & Sericulture Branches under the Directorate of Textiles, Odisha.
Provided that, a candidate who comes under more than one category mentioned above, he / she will be eligible for only one age relaxation benefit, which shall be considered most beneficial to him / her.
Save as provided above the age limits prescribed can in no case be relaxed.
The Date of birth entered in the High School Certificate or equivalent certificate issued by the concerned Board/Council will only be accepted by the Commission.
5. Odisha PSC Job Educational Qualification 2013
Candidate must have obtained :
- A second class M.Sc. ( Agriculture ) in Entomology. Or
- A second class M.Sc. in Botany, Zoology, Life Science, Sericulture or Sericulture Technology. Or
- B.Sc ( Agriculture ) with one year experience in Sericulture. Or
- B.Sc. with Botany and Zoology or Life Science with post-Graduate Diploma in Sericulture from any recognised University / Institute in India with one year field experience in Sericulture.
6. Application Fee for Odisha PSC Assistant Director of Sericulture 2013 :
A candidate is required to pay a non-refundable and non-adjustable fee of 200/- ( Rupees two hundred ) only. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe of Odisha and persons with disability ( whose disability is not less than 40% ) are exempted from payment of this fee.
7. Method of Selection for Odisha PSC Assistant Director of Sericulture 2013 :
The Commission shall consider all the applications received and shall call upon the eligible candidates for interview and in the event of the number of eligible candidates exceeds fifty; the Commission may conduct the written Examination for selection of suitable candidates :
Provided that the state Government may depute an officer to represent the Department at the interview conducted by the Commission for the purpose and the officer so deputed shall advise the Commission on the suitability of the candidate with reference to special qualities required for the service.
The details of syllabus for written examination for recruitment of Assistant Director of Sericulture is appended to this advertisement at Annexure-A.
8. Other Eligibility Conditions for Odisha PSC Recruitment 2013 :
- The candidate must be a citizen of India;
- The candidate must have good character. The candidate must have sound health, good physique, active habits and free from organic defects or bodily / mental infirmity.
- The candidate must be able to speak, read and write Odia fluently and must have passed: at least an examination in Odia language equivalent to that of Middle English School standard conducted by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha; or the Education Department of Government of Odisha or any other Board or Council of Secondary Education approved by the Government of Odisha in support of passing of Odia Language Test ( M.E. School standard );
- A candidate, who has more than one spouse living, will not be eligible for appointment unless the State Government has exempted his / her case from operation of this limitation for any good and sufficient reasons;
- If a candidate has at any time, been debarred for a certain period / chance(s) by the Odisha Public Service Commission or other State Public Service Commission or U.P.S.C. from appearing at any examination / interview, he / she will not be eligible for such recruitment for that specified period / chance(s);
- Government servants, whether temporary or permanent, are eligible to apply provided that they possess the requisite qualification and are within the prescribed age limit as provided under para-4 & 5 of the Advertisement. They must inform their respective Heads of Offices in writing regarding submission of their applications for this recruitment.
- A candidate who claims change in his / her name after having passed the High School Certificate Examination or equivalent examination, is required to furnish copy of publication of the changed name in local leading daily news paper as well as copy of notification in the Odisha Gazette in support of his / her change of name.
- Only those candidates, who fulfil the requisite qualification & within the prescribed age limit etc. by the closing date of filling up online application, will be considered eligible;
- Every candidate selected for appointment shall be examined by the Medical Board. A candidate, who fails to satisfy the Medical Board, shall not be appointed;
9. Other Conditions for Odisha PSC Jobs 2013 :
- A candidate found guilty of seeking support for his / her candidature by offering illegal gratification or applying pressure on any person connected with the conduct of the recruitment process or found indulging in any type of malpractice in course of the selection or otherwise, shall, in addition to rendering himself / herself liable to criminal prosecution, be disqualified not only for the recruitment for which he / she is a candidate, but also may be debarred, either permanently or for a specified period, from any recruitment or selection to be conducted by the Commission;
- The provisions of the Odisha Conduct of Examination Act 1988 ( Odisha Act-2 of 1988 ) are applicable to the examination conducted by the Odisha Public Service Commission.
- Online applications submitted to OPSC if found to be incomplete in any respect are liable to rejection without entertaining any correspondence with the applicants on that score;
- Admission to examination / Viva Voce Test will be provisional. If on verification at any stage before or after the Viva Voce, it is found that a candidate does not fulfil all the eligibility conditions, his / her candidature will be liable to rejection. Decision of the Commission in regard to eligibility or otherwise of candidate shall be final.
- This advertisement should not be construed as binding on the Government to make appointment;
- Concessions meant for S.C., S.T. and S.E.B.C by Birth are admissible to the Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and Socially Educationally Backward Classes of Odisha only.
- Candidates are required to take due care to annex with the copy of the printout / hard copy of online applications, the copies of certificates and other requisite documents as stated under Para-10 of this advertisement.
- All persons appointed under the Government of Odisha on or after 1st January, 2005 shall not be eligible for pension as defined under sub-rule(1) of Rule-3 of the Odisha Civil Service ( Pension ) Rules, 1992; but shall be covered by the new structured defined Contribution Pension Scheme in accordance with the Odisha civil Services ( Pension ) Amendment Rules, 2005;
- Any misrepresentation or suppression of information by the candidate in the online application form or in the hard copy of application will result in cancellation of his / her candidature or penalty, as may be decided by the Commission.
- Mere empanelment in the select list shall not confer any right for appointment unless the Government is satisfied after making such enquiry as may be deemed necessary that the candidate is suitable in all respects for appointment to the service.
10. Certificates / Documents to be Attached :
Candidates are required to submit along with the printout / Hard copy of online applications, true copies of the following certificates and documents duly attested by the candidate or a Gazetted Officer or Notary public. The candidates are also required to mention on each document “submitted by me” and put their full signature on the same. They must not attach original certificates with their applications. Only those who are called for the Viva Voce Test will be required to bring with them the original certificates, mark-sheets etc. for verification at the time of Viva Voce test. If a candidate fails to furnish any of the original documents in respect of the attested copies submitted with the application for verification on the date of interview, before the interview starts, he / she shall not be allowed to appear at the interview.
- H.S.C. or equivalent certificate in support of declaration of age issued by the concerned Board / Council;
- Intermediate / +2 Examination Certificate issued by the concerned Board / Council;
- Degree/Post-Graduate Degree certificate in the relevant disciplines from a recognized University / Institution as required under paragraph-5 of this advertisement;
- Candidates having B.Sc in Botany and Zoology or Life Science must produce P.G. Diploma certificate in Sericulture along with a certificate showing one year field experience in Sericulture from the competent authority.
- Candidates having B.Sc. ( Agriculture ) must produce certificate showing one year experience in Sericulture.
- Mark-lists in support of all the aforesaid Examinations i.e. H.S.C. to P.G.Degree passed including fail marks, if any, issued by the concerned Board / Council / University.
- Candidates not awarded percentage of marks, but only “Grade Marks”, should, along with their applications, produce the conversion certificate from the concerned University including the actual equivalent percentage of marks and the conversion formula failing which, their applications are liable to be rejected.
- While submitting the hard copy of application form, the candidate has to submit mark sheet showing details of marks secured in each Semester / Annual examination leading to award of Diploma / Degree.
- Attach two recent passport size photographs ( unsigned & unattested ) which has been uploaded with online application form along with the printout / Hard copy of online application form.
- Certificates of conduct from the Principal / Proctor / Dean or Professor in charge of Teaching Department of the College or University in which he / she last studied;
- Caste Certificate by birth in support of claim as S.C. / S.T. / S.E.B.C. wherever applicable ( Please see Note below ).
- Required Odia Test pass certificate from the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha indicating Odia as a language subject equivalent to M.E. School Standard or a certificate from the Principal / Headmaster of the School indicating that the candidate has passed Odia in M.E. Standard; if not passed Odia as a subject in the HSC Exam / Equivalent Exam.
- Discharge Certificates issued by the Commanding Officer of the Unit last served wherever applicable:
- Disability Certificate ( indicating percentage of disability ) issued by the concerned Medical Board, wherever applicable;
- If a candidate claims to possess qualification, equivalent to the prescribed qualification, the rule / authority ( With number and date ) under which it is so treated, must be furnished with the application form.
- In-Service candidates belonging to Textile and Sericulture branches under the Directorate of Textiles, claiming relaxation of upper age limit up to 50 years of age must submit Service Certificate from competent authority.
Note : ICandidates claiming to be belonging to S.C. / S.T. / S.E.B.C Categories of Odisha by birth are required to submit copy of the relevant Caste Certificate issued by the competent authority in the prescribed form. Candidates of SEBC category ( other than Creamy Layer ) must submit copy of Caste Certificate issued by the competent authority within the last three years from the date of issue of the advertisement.
- Women candidates belonging to S.C. / S.T. / S.E.B.C Categories are required to submit Caste Certificates by birth showing “daughter of ………..” Caste Certificates by virtue of marriage ( i.e. showing “wife of …………” ) is not acceptable and candidates submitting such certificate will be treated as belonging to U.R. category.
- OBC certificates will not be accepted in lieu of SEBC certificates.
- Candidates who submit S.E.B.C. certificate which is more than three years old as on the date of advertisement will be treated as belonging to U.R. category.
- Community ( Caste status ) once mentioned by the candidates in the online application shall not be changed under any Circumstances. The competent authorities are : District Magistrate / Collector or Additional District Magistrate or Sub-divisional Magistrate / Sub-Collectors or Executive Magistrates or Revenue Officers, not below the rank of Tahasildar / Additional Tahasildar of Government of Odisha,
Note : II
Degree Certificate, Caste Certificate, Odia Test Pass Certificate, Discharge Certificate of Ex-servicemen, and Disability certificate of Physically Handicapped Persons must have been issued by the competent authority before the last date fixed for receipt of application as indicated above.
11. How to Apply for Odisha PSC Assistant Director of Sericulture 2013
- Candidates must go through details of this Advertisement before filling up the online application form.
- Candidates must apply online through the website of OPSC http://opsconline.gov.in Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily rejected.
- Before filling up the online application form, the candidates must go through the following documents available at OPSC portal.
- Instructions to fill up the online application form;
- Guidelines for scanning and Uploading of Photograph, Full signature and Left Thumb Impression.
- Candidates are required to upload the scanned image of latest passport size photograph along with scanned image of his / her full signature and scanned image of Left Thumb Impression ( LTI ) in the Online Application Form. The uploaded photograph, full signature and LTI must be clearly identifiable / visible, otherwise the application of the candidate is liable to be rejected by the Commission and no representation from the candidate will be entertained.
- Candidates should keep at least 2 copies of the latest passport size photograph which is uploaded on the online application form for future use.
- On successful submission of the Online Application Form, a Unique Registration ID will be displayed on the screen as well as on the top of the application form. Candidates are required to take a printout of the finally submitted online application form and put his / her signature under the Declaration for submission to O.P.S.C. along with copies of requisite certificates and documents.
- Thereafter, the candidates who are required to pay the fee shall take a printout of Online Challan ( Pay-in-Slip ) for payment of requisite fee of 200/- ( two hundred ) only at any branch of State Bank of India ( SBI ). The Fee paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee be adjusted or held in reserve for any other examination or recruitment.
- Candidates are required to send the Printout / Hard copy of the filled in Online Application duly signed under the declaration along with copies of required certificates and documents etc., as provided under para-10 of this Advertisement and the OPSC copy of Challan showing payment of Application Fee, by Registered Post / Speed Post / Courier Service to the Special Secretary, Odisha Public Service Commission, 19, Dr. P.K. Parija Road, Cuttack – 753 001, so as to reach the same in the office of the OPSC on or before 22.11.2013. The envelope containing the printout / hard copy of the Online Application along with requisite certificates and documents must be superscribed “Application for Assistant Director of Sericulture”. Application received after the closing date shall not be entertained. The Commission will not take any responsibility if the Application is not received in time.The candidate may also submit the copy of the printout / hard copy of the Online Application along with the requisite certificates and documents in the office of the Odisha Public Service Commission directly / personally on or before the last date of receipt of application at the counter.
- The candidates are advised to submit the Online Application well in advance without waiting for the closing date to avoid last hour rush.
- Certificate of admission to the examination / interview to the eligible candidates will be uploaded in the website of the OPSC prior to the date of examination or interview which will be published in the website and news paper. The candidates are required to download their Admission Certificate from the website of the Commission and produce the same for admission to the examination or interview. No separate correspondence will be made on this score.
12. Facilitation Counter :
For any technical guidance on filling up of online application, the candidates may contact facilitation counter of O.C.A.C. over Toll free No. 18003456770 or 155335 between 10.30.A.M. to 1.30 P.M. and 2.00 P.M. to 5.00 P.M. on any Odisha Government working day.
Regarding difficulty in payment of fee, if any, the candidates may contact SBI over Telephone No. 0671-2368267 and 9437039604. In case of any guidance / information on this advertisement and recruitment, candidates may contact the O.P.S.C. Facilitation Counter over Telephone No. 0671-2304141 / 2305611 & Extn.-229 on any working day between 10.30 A.M. to 1.30 P.M. & 2.00 P.M. to 5.00 P.M. The candidates are required to visit the Website of the Commission at http://opsconline.gov.in and http://opsc.gov.in for detailed information about the programme of the examination / interview, rejection notice and other important notice etc. and also keep track of publication of various notices to the effect in the leading local daily news papers for information.
Syllabus of Odisha PSC Examination 2013
Subjects for written examination for recruitment to the post of Assistant Director of Sericulture.
1. General Sericulture
- Study of varieties of Silk work and Silk worm food plants.
- Biology of Mulberry and Silk worms.
- Impact of agro-climatic factors on Moriculture and Silk worm Breeding.
- Global distribution of Sericulture.
- Economics of Sericulture in General and as compared to that of other land based activities.
- Soil Science
- Classification & varieties
- Anatomy and embryology
- Cytogenesis and breeding
- Propagation and maintenance
- Harvest of leaves and preservation
- Disease and pests with control measures
3. Sericulture Organization, Extension and Management
4. Sericulture Industry in India
1. Silk Worm Rearing Technology
- Silk worm physiology
- Silk worm pathology
- Rearing Technology
- Silk worm Hygiene
2. Reeling, Spinning of Silk, Testing of Silk.
3. Silk weaving
The written examination shall consist of two papers and each paper shall carry 100 marks. The duration of each examination shall be for two hours and minimum pass mark in each paper shall be 50 marks in order to be eligible for appearing in the oral test. The standards of examination shall be equivalent to the degree examination of an University of the state.
The oral test shall carry 30 marks to ascertain the personality of the candidate.
In case the selection consists of only oral test it shall carry 50 marks in addition to the career marking consisting of 50 marks.