Odisha PSC Recruitment 2016 for Assistant Architect
Odisha Public Service Commission,
Website : http://www.opsconline.gov.in or http://www.opsc.gov.in.
Odisha Public Service Commission Recruitment to the post of Assistant Architect (Class-II Group-’B') of Odisha Service of Architects in the office of Chief Architect, Odisha under Works Department.
1. Odisha PSC Online Applications are invited from the prospective candidates through the proforma application to be made available on website http://www.opsconline.gov.in for recruitment to the posts of Assistant Architect in Group-B of Odisha Service of Architects under the Works Department in the scale of pay of 9,300/- 34,800/- with Grade Pay of 4,600/- with usual dearness allowance and other allowances as may be sanctioned by the Government of Odisha from time to time.
2. Odisha PSC Vacancy Position : As per requisition submitted by the Works Department, Government of Odisha the vacancy position are given below :-
|SI.No.||Category||No. of Vacancies|
|3 ||ST ||02 ( 1+1 backlog vacancy )|
- The posts are temporary and likely to be permanent. The appointment can be terminated on one month’s notice from either side without assigning any reason thereof.
- In the event of non-availability of sufficient number of eligible women candidate(s) belonging to any particular category, the remaining vacancies will be filled up by male candidate(s) of that category.
- Exchange of reservation between Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe will not be considered.
3. Odisha PSC Assistant Architect Educational Qualification
A candidate must possess such minimum qualifications as appended in the scheduled of the Architects Act, 1972, which are given below and they must be registered Architects :-
- Bachelors Degree in Architecture, awarded by Indian Universities established by an Act of the Central or State Legislature;
- National Diploma ( Formerly All-India Diploma ) in Architecture, awarded by the All-India Council of Technical Education;
- Degree of Bachelor of Architecture (B.Arch.), awarded by the Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur;
- Five-year full-time diploma in Architecture of the Sir J.J. School of Art, Bombay, awarded after 1941;
- Diploma in Architecture, awarded by the State Board of Technical Education and Training of the Government of Andhra Pradesh with effect from 1969 (for the students trained at Government College of Arts and Architecture, Hyderabad);
- Diploma in Architecture, awarded by the Government College of Arts and Architecture, Hyderabad till 1959, subject to the condition that the candidates concerned have subsequently passed a special final examination in Architecture, held by the State Board of Technical Education, Andhra Pradesh and obtained a special certificate.
- Diploma in Architecture, awarded by the University of Nagpur, with effect from 1965 to the students trained at the Government Polytechnic, Nagpur;
- Government Diploma in Architecture, awarded by the Government of Maharastra (or the former Government of Bombay];
- Diploma in Architecture of Kalabhavan, Technical Institute, Baroda;
- Diploma in Architecture, awarded by the School of Architecture, Ahmedabad;
- Membership of the Indian Institute of Architects.
4. Age Limit for Odisha PSC Assistant Architect Recruitment 2016
A candidate must be under 32 [thirty-two] years and above 21 (twenty-one) years of age as on the 1st August, 2016 i.e. he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1984, and not later than 1st August, 1995.
The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 [five] years for candidates belonging to the categories of Scheduled Castes(S.C.], Scheduled Tribes (S.T.), Socially & Educationally Backward Classes (S.E.B.C.), Women and Ex-servicemen and by 10 (ten] years for candidates belonging to physically handicapped (Persons with Disability) category, whose disability should not be less than 40%.
Provided that, a candidate who comes under more than one category mentioned above, he/she will be eligible for one age relaxation benefit, which shall be considered most beneficial to him/her.
Save as Provided above the age limits Prescribed can in no case be relaxed.
Date of birth entered in the High School Certificate or equivalent certificate issued by the concerned Board / Council will only be accepted by the Commission.
Note – 1 : Candidates should also note that once the date of birth has been entered in the records of the Commission for the purpose of admission to examination, no change will be allowed subsequently on any ground whatsoever.
Note – 2 : The candidates should exercise due care while entering the date of birth under the respective box of the online application form for the written examination. If, on verification at any subsequent stage, any variation is found in the date of birth from the one entered in their High School Certificate or equivalent certificate, disciplinary action will be taken against them by the Commission.
5. Odisha PSC Assistant Architect Application Fee 2016
A candidate is required to pay a non-refundable and non-adjustable fee of 200/-(Rupees two hundred) only. Candidate belonging to Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe of Odisha and Persons with Disability are exempted from payment of this fee.
The candidates are required to take a printout of the finally submitted Online Application Form for future use and take a printout of Online Challan (Pay-in-Slip) for payment of requisite fee at any branch of State Bank of India (SBI). The Fee(s) paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the Fee(s) be adjusted or held in reserve for any other examination or recruitment.
6. Method of Selection for Odisha PSC Recruitment 2016
The selection of candidates for recruitment to the posts wilt be made on the basis of career assessment and Viva Voce. The Commission at their discretion may short-list the candidates to a reasonable number, for conducting interview by making a preliminary selection on the basis of evaluation of their academic career taking into account the requisite minimum educational qualification.
7. OPSC Recruitment Other Eligibility Conditions 2016
- The candidate must be a citizen of India;
- The candidate must be of (a) good moral character, and (b) good mental condition and bodily sound health, good physique and active habits and free from organic defects or bodily infirmity so as not to create an impairment in due discharge of duties;
- The candidate must be able to speak, read and write Odia and have (i) passed Middle school examination with Odia as a language subject; or (ii) passed Matriculation or equivalent examination with Odia as medium of examination in non- language subjects; or (iii) passed Odia as language subjects in the final examination of Class-VII from a school or Educational Institutions recognized by the Government of Odisha or the Central Government; or (iv) passed a test in Odia in middle English school standard conducted by the School and Mass Education Department/Board of Secondary Education, Odisha or the Education Department of Government of Odisha or any other Board or Council of Secondary Education approved by the Government of Odisha in support of passing of Odia Language Test (M.E. School standard);
- A candidate, who has more than one spouse living, will not be eligible for appointment unless the State Government has exempted his/her case from operation of this limitation for any good and sufficient reasons;
- Government servants, whether temporary or permanent, are eligible to apply provided that they possess the requisite qualification and are within the prescribed age-limit as provided under Para- 4 of the Advertisement. They must inform their respective Heads of Offices / Departments in writing regarding submission of their applications for this recruitment and obtain “No Objection Certificate”;
- If a candidate has at any time, been debarred for a certain period/chance(s) by the Odisha Public Service Commission or other State Public Service Commission or U.P.S.C. from appearing at any examination / interview, he/she will not be eligible for such recruitment for that specified period/chance(s);
- Only those candidates, who possess the requisite qualifications, are within the prescribed age limit and fulfill other eligibility conditions etc. by the closing date for submission of online application form, will be considered eligible;
- A candidate who claims change in his/her name after having passed the H.S,C. Examination, is required to furnish copy of publication of the changed name in the local leading daily news paper as well as copy of notification in the Odisha Gazette in support of his/her change of name.
- Every candidate selected for appointment shall be examined by the medical board. A candidate, who does not satisfy the requirement after medical examination, shall not be appointed.
Odisha PSC 2016 Other Conditions
- A candidate found guilty of seeking support for his/her candidature by offering illegal gratification or applying pressure on any person connected with the conduct of the recruitment process or found indulging in any type of malpractice in course of the selection or otherwise, shall, in addition to rendering himself/herself liable to criminal prosecution, be disqualified not only for the recruitment for which he/she is a candidate, but also may be debarred, either permanently or for a specified period, from any recruitment or selection to be conducted by the Commission;
- The provisions of the Odisha Conduct of Examination Act 1988 (Odisha Act-2 of 1988) are applicable to the examination conducted by the Odisha Public Service Commission.
- Any attempt on the part of a candidate to obtain support for his/her candidature by any means or any attempt to gain undue advantage in the selection shall disqualify him/her for recruitment;
- Applications submitted by the candidate to OPSC. if found to be incomplete in any respect and at any stage are liable to rejection without entertaining any correspondence with the applicants on that score:
- Admission to examination/interview will be purely provisional. If on verification at any stage before or after the examination, it is found that a candidate does not fulfill all the eligibility conditions, his/her candidature will be liable to rejection. Decision of the Commission in regard to eligibility or otherwise of the candidate shall be final.
- This advertisement should not be construed as binding on the Government to make appointment;
- Concessions meant for S.C., S.T. & SEBC by birth are admissible to the Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and Socially & Educationally Backward Classes of Odisha only;
- Candidates are required to take due care to annex the xerox copies of certificates and other requisite documents with the printout/hard copy of online applications, as stated under Para-9 of this advertisement;
- All persons appointed under the Government of Odisha on or after 1st January, 2005 shall not be eligible for pension as defined under Sub-rule (1) of Rule-3 of the Odisha Civil Service (Pension) Rules, 1992; but shall be covered by the new structured defined Contribution Pension Scheme in accordance with the Odisha Civil Services (Pension) Amendment Rules, 2005;
- Any misrepresentation or suppression of information by the candidate in the online application and in the hard copy of application will result in cancellation of his/her candidature or penalty as decided by the Commission will be imposed on the candidate.
- Mere empanelment in the select list shall not confer any right for appointment unless the Government is satisfied after making such enquiry as may be deemed necessary that the candidate is suitable in all respects for appointment to the service.
10. How to Apply for Odisha PSC Recruitment 2016
- Candidate must go through this Advertisement available in the Website of OPSC before filling up online application.
- Candidates must apply online through the website http://opsc.gov.in. Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily be rejected.
- Before filling up the online application form, the candidates must go through the following documents available at OPSC website.
- Instruction to fill up online application.
- Guideline for scanning and Uploading of Photograph, Full Signature & Left Thumb Impression.
- Candidates are required to upload the scanned images (only in jpg. format) of his/her latest passport size colour photograph, full signature and scanned image of left thumb impression (L.T.I.) in the online application form. The uploaded photograph, specimen (full) signature & L.T.I, must be and clearly identifiable / visible, otherwise the application of the candidate is liable to be rejected by the Commission and no representation from the candidate will be entertained.
- Candidates should keep at least 2 copies of latest passport size photograph which is uploaded on the online application form for future use.
- While filling up the relevant box of the online application form, the candidate has to mention details of marks (excluding extra optional marks) secured in Annual examination leading to award of Degrees.
- On successful submission of the Online Application Form, a Unique Registration ID will be displayed on the screen as well as on the top of the application form. Candidates are required to take a printout of the finally submitted online application form and put his/her signature under the Declaration for submission to O.P.S.C. along with copies of requisite certificates and documents.
- Thereafter, the candidates who are required to pay the fee shall take a printout of Online Challan (Pay-in-Slip) for deposit of requisite fee of 200/- (Rupees two hundred) only at any branch of State Bank of India (SBI). The Fee paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee be adjusted or held in reserve for any other examination or recruitment. Deposit of application fees by any other mode (i.e. except SBI chalan generated from the computer) shall not be accepted.
- Candidates are required to send the Printout/Hard copy of the filled in Online Application duly signed under the declaration form along with copies of required Certificates, Documents and fees deposit Chalan (i.e. OPSC copy) etc., as provided in the Advertisement, by Registered Post or Speed Post only to the following address :
Odisha Public Service Commission,
19. Dr. P.K. Parija Road, Buxi Bazar,
Cuttack – 753001.
So as to reach the same in the office of the OPSC on or before 14th March, 2016. Applications without signature under the declaration will be liable for rejection. The envelope containing the printout / hard copy of the Online Application along with requisite certificates and documents etc must be super scribed “Application for Recruitment to the post of Assistant Architect”. Application received after the closing date shall not be entertained. The Commission will not take any responsibility if the application is not received in time.
- The candidates are advised to submit the online application well in advance without waiting for the closing date to avoid OPSC server jam.
- “Intimation Letters” to the eligible candidates and “Attestation Form” will be uploaded in the website of the OPSC prior to the date of Interview which will be published in the website and news paper. The candidates are required to download their Intimation letters and Attestation Form from the website of the Commission (www.opsc.gov.in) and produce the same for admission to the interview board. No separate correspondence will be made on this score.
OPSC Online Application Closing Dates :
- Odisha PSC Online applications shall be available in the website from 15th February, 2016 to 14th March, 2016 till 11.59 P.M.
- Last Date for Receipt of Odisha PSC application fee at any S.B.I. Branch is 16th March, 2016.
- Last Date for Odisha PSC Submission of Print Out / Hard Copy of Online Application Form along with copy of Specified Documents / Certificates is 26th March, 2016 till 5.00 P.M.