Odisha Public Service Commission Recruitment 2015 for Assistant Agriculture Officer
Odisha Public Service Commission,
Website : http://opsconline.gov.in and http://opsc.gov.in
|Online Application Form will be available till 17.08.2015 by 11:59 P.M.|
|Last Date for Receipt of Application Fee at any Branch of State Bank of India ( SBI ) is 19.08.2015.|
|Last Date for Submission of Print out / Hard copy of Online Application alongwith copy of specified documents / certificates is 26.08.2015 by 5:00 P.M.|
1. Odisha Public Service Commission applications are invited Online through the proforma application form to be made available on website ( http://opsconline.gov.in ) from 25.07.2015 to 17.08.2015 ( Note : 19.08.2015 is the last date for payment of application fee ) for recruitment to the posts of Assistant Agriculture Officer in Class II, Group – B under Agriculture Department, in the pay scale of pay of 9,300/- – 34,800/- carrying Grade Pay of 4,600/- with usual Dearness and other allowances as may be sanctioned by the Government of Odisha from time to time.
The Online application must be followed by submission of Hard Copy of the same along with copies of certificates by the last date i.e. 26.08.2015.
2. OPSC Assistant Agriculture Officer Vacancy Position 2015 : As per requisition filed by the Agriculture Department, Government of Odisha, the category-wise vacancy position along with reservation thereof is given below :
|SI. No.||Category||No. of Vacancies|
|1.||Un-reserved||75 ( 25 - w )|
|2.||S.E.B.C.||17 ( 06 - w )|
|3.||Scheduled Caste||24 ( 08 - w )|
|4.||Scheduled Tribe||34 ( 11 - w )|
|Total||150 ( 50 - w )|
NB : Vacancies reserved for SC / ST / SEBCs candidates are only meant for SC / ST / SEBCs candidates belonging to Odisha.
- Out of the total 150 number of vacancies mentioned above 05 ( five ) posts are reserved for Ex-Servicemen, 05 ( five ) post is reserved for Physically Handicapped and, 02 ( two ) post is reserved for Sports Persons.
- Out of five posts reserved for P.H. persons, 03 ( 01 – w ) posts are reserved for One Leg affected ( MNR ) category and 02 ( 01 – w ) posts are reserved for PD ( with suitable aid ) category and in case of non availability in a particular category, these post shall be filled up by other category.
- Further it is clarified that the persons with disability of one leg affected ( Right leg or Left ) and Partially Deaf ( PD ) and being physically fit to perform work by standing, walking, speaking / hearing and seeing are required for the post of Assistant Agriculture Officer.
- Candidates belonging to Ex-Servicemen, P.H. ( Physically Handicapped ) & Sports Persons shall be adjusted against the categories to which they belong.
- In case of non-availability or availability of insufficient number of eligible / suitable women candidates belonging to the respective category the unfiled vacancies or the remaining vacancies reserved for women candidates shall be filled up by male candidates of the same category.
- Exchange of reservation between Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe will not be considered.
- The number of vacancies to be filled up on the basis of this recruitment is subject to change by Government without notice depending upon the exigencies of public service at the discretion of the state government.
3. OPSC Assistant Agriculture Officer Educational Qualification 2015 : A candidate must have possessed a Bachelor of Science Degree in Agriculture from any of the recognized Universities or Institutions.
4. Age Limit for OPSC Assistant Agriculture Officer 2015 : A candidate must be under 32 ( thirty-two ) years and above 21 ( twenty-one ) years of age on the 1st January, 2015 i.e. he / she must have been born not earlier than 2nd January, 1983 and not later than 1st January, 1994.
The upper age-limit prescribed above is relaxable by 5 ( five ) years for candidates belonging to the categories of Scheduled Caste ( S.C. ), Scheduled Tribe ( S.T. ), Socially and Educationally Backward Classes ( SEBC ), Women, Ex-Servicemen & by 10 ( ten ) years for candidates belonging to P.H. ( Physically Handicapped ) category whose disability should not be less than 40%.
Provided that a person who comes under more than one category mentioned above shall be eligible for only one benefit of upper age relaxation which shall be considered most beneficial to him / her.
Save as provided above the age limits prescribed can in no case be relaxed.
Date of birth entered in the High School Certificate or equivalent Certificate issued by the concerned Board / Council will be accepted by the Odisha Public Service Commission.
5. Application Fee for OPSC Assistant Agriculture Officer 2015 : Candidates are required to pay a non refundable and non adjustable fee of 200/- ( Rupees two hundred ) only. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe of Odisha and Physically Handicapped candidate whose disability is not less than 40% ( forty percent ), are exempted from payment of this fee.
6. Method of OPSC Assistant Agriculture Officer Selection 2015 : The selection of candidates for recruitment to the posts will be made on the basis of career marks and Viva Voce Test. Before conducting the Viva Voce Test, the Odisha Public Service Commission at their discretion may short-list the candidates to a reasonable number by making a preliminary selection on the basis of evaluation of their academic career taking into account the requisite minimum educational qualification.
7. Other Eligibility Conditions for OPSC Assistant Agriculture Officer 2015 :
- The candidate must be a citizen of India;
- The candidate must be of (a) good moral character and (b) Sound physical and mental health, good physique and active habits and free from organic defects or bodily infirmities ( except Physically Handicapped ) so as not to create an impairment in the due discharge of duties.
- The candidate shall be able to speak, read and write Odia fluently and must have passed at least an examination in Odia language equivalent to that of Middle English School standard conducted by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha; or the Education Department of Government of Odisha or any other Board or Council of Secondary Education approved by the Government of Odisha in support of passing of Odia Language Test ( M.E. School Standard ).
- A candidate, who has more than one spouse living will not be eligible for appointment unless the State Government has exempted his / her case from operation of this limitation for any good and sufficient reasons;
- Government servants, whether temporary or permanent, are eligible to apply provided that they possess the requisite qualification and are within the prescribed age-limit as provided under Para 3 & 4 of the OPSC advertisement. They must inform their respective Heads of Offices / Departments in writing regarding submission of their applications for Odisha PSC recruitment and obtain “No Objection Certificate”;
- If a candidate has at any time, been debarred for a certain period / chance(s) by the Odisha Public Service Commission or other State Public Service Commission or U.P.S.C. from appearing at any examination / interview, he / she will not be eligible for such recruitment for that specified period / chance(s);
- Only those candidates, who possess the requisite qualification, are within the prescribed age limit and fulfill other eligibility conditions etc. by the closing date of receipt of online applications, will be considered eligible;
8. Other Conditions for Odisha PSC Recruitment 2015 :
- A candidate found guilty of seeking support for his / her candidature by offering illegal gratification or applying pressure on any person connected with the conduct of the recruitment process or found indulging in any type of malpractice in course of the selection or otherwise, shall, in addition to rendering himself / herself liable to criminal prosecution, be disqualified not only for the recruitment for which he / she is a candidate, but also may be debarred, either permanently or for a specified period, from any recruitment or selection to be conducted by the Odisha Public Service Commission;
- The provisions of the Odisha Conduct of Examination Act 1988 ( Odisha Act-2 of 1988 ) are applicable to the examination conducted by the Odisha Public Service Commission.
- Applications submitted to OPSC, if found to be incomplete in any respect are liable to rejection without entertaining any correspondence with the applicants on that score;
- Admission to the Viva Voce test will be provisional. If on verification at any stage before or after Viva Voce test, it is found that a candidate does not fulfil any of the eligibility conditions, his / her candidature will be liable to rejection. Decision of the Odisha Public Service Commission in regard to eligibility or otherwise of candidate shall be final.
- Odisha Public Service advertisement should not be construed as binding on the Government to make appointment;
- Concessions meant for SC, S.Ts & SEBCs by Birth are admissible to the Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribes & Socially and Educationally Backward Classes of Odisha only;
- The period of probation is two years with effect from the date of he / she actually joins the post;
- Candidates are required to take due care to annex with the copy of the Printout / Hard Copy of Online Applications, the copies of certificates and other requisite documents as stated under Para 9 of Orissa Public Service Commission advertisement.
- All persons appointed under the Government of Odisha on or after 1st January, 2005 shall not be eligible for pension as defined under Sub-rule(1) of Rule 3 of the Odisha Civil Service ( Pension ) Rules, 1992; but shall be covered by the defined Contribution Pension Scheme in accordance with the Odisha Civil Services ( Pension ) Amendment Rules, 2005;
- Any misrepresentation or suppression of information by the candidate in the Application Form, will result in cancellation of his / her candidature or penalty, as may be decided by the Odisha Public Service Commission be imposed on the candidate.
- Mere empanelment in the select list shall not confer any right for appointment unless the Government is satisfied after making such enquiry as may be deemed necessary that the candidate is suitable in all respects for appointment to the service.
- A candidate who claims change in his / her name after having passed the High School Certificate Examination or equivalent examination, is required to furnish copy of publication of the changed name in the local leading daily news paper as well as copy of notification in the Odisha Gazette in support of his / her change of name.
9. OPSC Assistant Agriculture Officer How to Apply 2015 :
- Candidate must go through details of the long advertisement available in the website of OPSC before filling up online application form.
- Candidates must apply online through the concerned website of the OPSC http://opsconline.gov.in. Application received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily be rejected.
- Before filling up the online application form, the candidates must go through the following documents available at OPSC portal.
- Instructions to fill up online application.
- Guidelines for scanning and Uploading of Photograph, Full Signature & Left Thumb Impression.
- Candidates are required to upload the scanned image of latest passport size photograph along with scanned image of his / her full signature and scanned image of Left Thumb Impression ( L.T.I. ) in the online application form. Uploaded photograph, specimen ( full ) signature and L.T.I. must be clearly identifiable / visible, otherwise the application of the candidate is liable to be rejected by the Odisha Public Service Commission and no representation from the candidate will be entertained.
- Candidates should keep at least 2 copies of latest passport size photograph which is uploaded to the online application form for future use.
- On successful submission of the Online Application Form, a Unique Registration ID will be displayed on the screen as well as on the top of the application form. Candidates are required to note down the Unique Registration ID and use it in future correspondence.
- Thereafter the candidates who are required to pay the fee shall take a printout of Online challan ( pay-in-slip ) for payment of requisite fee of 200/- ( two hundred ) only at any branch of State Bank of India ( SBI ). The fee paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee be adjusted or held in reserve for any other examination or recruitment.
- Candidates are required to send the Printout / Hard copy of the filled in Online Application Form duly signed under the declaration alongwith required documents and certificates etc. as provided under para-9 of Odisha PSC detailed long advertisement by Registered Post / Speed Post / Courier Service to the following address so as to reach the same in the OPSC on or before 26.08.2015.
The Special Secretary,
Odisha Public Service Commission,
19, Dr. P.K. Parija Road,
Cuttack – 753 001.
The envelope containing the OPSC application must be superscribed “Application for the post of Assistant Agriculture Officer“. Application received after the closing date shall not be entertained. The Odisha Public Service Commission will not take any responsibility if the application is not received in time.
- The candidates are advised to submit the Online Application well in advance without waiting for the closing date to avoid last hour rush.
- Intimation letter for the interview to the eligible candidates will be uploaded in the website of the OPSC prior to the date of viva voce test / interview which will be published in the website and news-paper. The candidates are required to download their Intimation Letter from the website of the commission. No separate correspondence will be made on this score.
10. Facilitation Counter : During filling up the online application form, the candidates may contact facilitation counter of OCAC over Toll free Telephone No. 18003456770 or 155335 in any working day between 10.30. A.M. to 1.30 P.M. and 2.00 P.M. to 5.00 P.M.
In case of any guidance / information on Odisha Public Service Commission advertisement & recruitment, candidates may contact the OPSC Facilitation Counter over Telephone No. 0671-2304141 / 2305611 and Extn.-207 or 223 in any working day between 10.30 A.M. to 1.30 P.M. & 2.00 P.M. to 5.00 P.M.
The candidates are required to visit the website of the Odisha Public Service Commission at http://opsc.gov.in for detailed information about rejection of applications, defects in the applications, the date of interview and also keep track of publication of various notices to this effect in the leading local daily news papers for information.