Odisha Public Service Commission Recruitment 2013 for Additional Public Prosecutor
Odisha Public Service Commission Recruitment to the post of Additional Public Prosecutor, in Group-’A’ in the Odisha State Prosecution Service under Home Department.
Website : http://opsconline.gov.in
Important Notes for Odisha PSC Recruitment 2013
- Online Application Form will be available till 23.10.2013 by 11.59 P.M.
- Last Date for Receipt of Application Fee at any branch of State Bank of India ( SBI ) is 26.10.2013.
- Last Date for Receipt of Print Out / Hard Copy of Online Application alongwith copies of requisite certificates and documents is 06.11.2013 by 5.00 P.M.
1. Odisha PSC applications are invited Online through the Proforma Application Form to be made available on the website ( http://opsconline.gov.in ) from 23.09.2013 to 23.10.2013. ( Note : 26.10.2013 is the last date for payment of application fee ) for recruitment to the posts of Additional Public Prosecutor in Group ‘A’ as per the Odisha State Prosecution Service Rules,1997 as amended from time to time under Home Department, in the pay scale of 9,300/- – 34,800/- with Grade pay of 5,400/- with usual Dearness and other allowances as may be sanctioned by the Government of Odisha from time to time.
2. Odisha PSC Vacancy Position 2013 : As per requisition filed by the Home Department, Government of Odisha, the category-wise vacancy position alongwith reservation thereof is given below :
|Sl. No.||Category||Total Vacancies|
|(a)||No. of Unreserved posts||09|
|(b)||No. of posts reserved for S.C.||04|
|(c)||No. of posts reserved for S.T.||06|
|(d)||No. of posts reserved for S.E.B.C.||07|
- The Exchange of reservation between SC & ST will not be considered.
- The number of vacancies to be filled up on the basis of this recruitment is subject to change by Government without notice depending upon the exigencies at the discretion of the Government.
3. Educational Qualification and Experience for OPSC Jobs 2013 : A candidate must have possessed a Bachelor’s Degree in Law from a recognized University and must have at least 7 ( seven ) years of experience as practising Advocate.
4. Odisha PSC Additional Public Prosecutor Age Limit 2013 : The candidate must not be above the age of 40 years as on the 1st day of January,2013, i.e. he / she must not have been born earlier than 2nd January, 1973. The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 ( five ) years for the candidates belonging to the categories of S.C., S.T., Socially & Educationally Backward Classes ( S.E.B.C. ), Women, Ex-Servicemen and by 10 ( ten ) years for Physically Handicapped candidates.
Provided that a candidate who comes under more than one category mentioned above, shall be eligible for only one age relaxation benefit, which shall be considered most beneficial to him / her.
Save as provided above, the age limits prescribed can in no case be relaxed.
The date of birth entered in the High School Certificate or equivalent certificate issued by the concerned Board / Council will only be accepted by the Commission.
5. Examination Fee for Odisha PSC Vacancies 2013 : A candidate is required to pay a non-refundable and nonadjustable fee of 300/- ( Rupees three hundred ) only. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe of Odisha and Person with disability [ whose disability is not less than 40% ( forty percent ) ] are exempted from payment of this fee.
6. Odisha PSC Plan of Examination 2013 : The examination will consist of the following successive stages :
- Written Examination
- Viva Voce Test
The Odisha PSC written examination 2013 is likely to be held in the month of December, 2013.
Eligible candidates will be required to appear at the Written Examination which will consist of four papers carrying 800 marks. The details of syllabus is appended to this advertisement at Annexure – A. Each paper shall be of two and half hours duration. The qualifying marks in the Written Examination shall be 45% for calling candidates to Viva Voce Test. In case of S.C. and S.T. candidates the qualifying marks shall be 40% of the written examination. The Viva Voce Test shall carry 100 ( one hundred ) marks. A candidate failing to secure 30% marks in Viva voce Test shall be made unsuitable.
7. Place of Odisha PSC Examination 2013 : The written examination will be held at Balasore, Berhampur, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack and Sambalpur depending on the number of candidates from the respective zone. In case of sufficient number of candidates are not available for any of the Zones of Balasore, Berhampur, Bhubaneswar and Sambalpur, the candidates opting for those Zones will be accommodated at Cuttack. The candidates are to mention their choice of Examination Zones at appropriate place in the Online Application Form.
8. Other Eligibility Conditions for Odisha PSC 2013 :
- The candidate must be a citizen of India;
- The candidate must be able to speak, read and write Odia and must have passed either the Middle School standard language test in Odia conducted by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha or the Matriculation ( Class-X / 10th standard ) Examination with ‘Odia’ as a subject.
- The candidate must have good character and satisfactory antecedents as revealed by the Police Verification.
- The candidate must have sound health / good physique, active habits and free from organic defects or bodily / mental infirmity.
- A candidate who has more than one spouse living, will not be eligible for appointment unless the State Government has exempted his / her case from operation of this limitation for any good and sufficient reasons;
- He must possess a good character as certified by two responsible citizens of India, one of whom must be a Government Servant not below Group ‘B’ service.
- If a candidate has at any time been debarred for a certain period / chance(s) by the Odisha Public Service Commission or other State Public Service Commission or U.P.S.C. from appearing at any Examination / Interview, he / she will not be eligible for such recruitment for that specified period / chance(s);
- Only those candidates, who fulfil the requisite qualification and experience and other conditions by the closing date of receipt of Online Applications, will be considered eligible.
- Every candidate selected for appointment shall be examined by the Medical Board. A candidate, who fails to satisfy the Medical Board, shall not be appointed;
9. Other Conditions for Odisha PSC Recruitment 2013
- The provision of the Odisha conduct of Examination Act,1988 ( Odisha Act-2 of 1988 ) are applicable to the examinations conducted by the Odisha Public Service Commission.
- A candidate found guilty of seeking support for his / her candidature by offering illegal gratification or applying pressure or any person connected with the conduct of the recruitment process or found indulging in any type of Malpractice in course of the selection or otherwise, shall, in addition to rendering himself / herself liable to criminal prosecution, be disqualified not only for the recruitment for which he / she is a candidate, but also may be debarred, either permanently or for a specified period, from any recruitment or selection to be conducted by the Commission.
- On line Applications submitted to the OPSC, if found to be incomplete in any respect are liable to rejection without entertaining any correspondence with the applicants on that score :
- Admission to Examination / Viva Voce Test will be provisional. If on verification at any stage before or after the Viva-Voce Test, it is found that a candidate does not fulfil all the eligibility conditions, his / her candidature shall be liable to rejection. Decision of the Commission in regard to the eligibility or otherwise of a candidate shall be final;
- This advertisement should not be construed as binding on the Government to make appointment;
- Concession meant for S.C., S.T. and S.E.B.C. by birth are admissible to the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Socially & Educationally Backward Classes of Odisha only.
- Candidates are required to take due care to annex with the copy of the Print out / Hard copy of Online Application, the copies of certificates and other requisite documents as stated under Para-10 of Odisha Public Service Commission advertisement.
- No one will be admitted to the examination unless he / she holds a certificate of admission. The certificate of admission will be uploaded in the Website of the Commission prior to the date of examination / interview. The candidates are required to download the admission certificates & produce the same for admission to the examination / interview. No separate admission certificate will be sent to the candidates.
- All persons appointed under the Government of Odisha on or after 1st January,2005 shall not be eligible for pension as defined under sub-rule (1) of rule- 3 of the Odisha Civil Service ( Pension ) Rules, 1992; but shall be covered by the new structured defined contribution Pension Scheme in accordance with the Odisha Civil Services ( Pension ) Amendment Rules, 2005.
- Any misrepresentation or suppression of information by the candidate in the Online Application Form or in the hard copy of application will result in cancellation of his / her candidature or penalty, as may be decided by the Commission.
- Mere empanelment in the select list shall not confer any right for appointment unless the Government is satisfied after making such enquiry as may be deemed necessary that the candidate is suitable in all respects for appointment to the service;
- A candidate who claims change in his / her name after having passed the High School Certificate Examination or equivalent examination, is required to furnish copy of publication of the changed name in local leading daily news paper as well as copy of notification in the Odisha Gazette in support of his / her change of name.
10. Certificate / Documents to be Attached : Candidates are required to submit along with the printout / hard copy of Online application, true copies of the following certificates and documents, duly attested by the candidate or a Gazetted Officer or Notary Public. The candidates are also required to mention on each document “submitted by me” and put their full signature on the same. They must not attach original certificates with their applications. Only those, who are called for the Viva Voce Test, will be required to bring with them the original certificates, mark-sheets etc. for verification at the time of Viva-Voce test. If a candidate fails to furnish any of the original documents in respect of the attested copies submitted with the application for verification on the date of interview, before the interview starts, he / she shall not be allowed to appear at the interview.
- Attach two recent passport size photograph ( unsigned and unattested ), which has been uploaded with the Online Application Form, along with the printout / hard copy of the Online Application Form.
- H.S.C. or equivalent certificate in support of declaration of age issued by the concerned Board / Council;
- Intermediate / +2 / Higher Secondary Examination Certificate issued by the concerned Board / Council;
- Bachelor’s Degree Certificate issued by the recognized University;
- L.L.B. Degree Certificate issued by the recognized University;
- Mark-sheets in support of all the aforesaid examinations i.e. H.S.C. to L.L.B. Degree including fail Marks if any, issued by the Board / Council / University.
- Certificate of Enrolment in the Bar Council;
- Certificate from the District Judge in support of prescribed 7 years of experience at the Bar as Practicing Advocate in the prescribed format vide Annexure–B.
- Discharge Certificate of Ex-Serviceman issued by the Commanding Officer of the Unit last served, wherever applicable.
- Identity Card of Physically Handicapped candidates issued by the District Social Welfare Officer along with the Disability Certificate ( indicating percentage of disability ) issued by the concerned Medical Board, wherever applicable.
- Two character certificates in original issued by two respectable persons, one of which must be a Government Servant not below the rank of Group-B service.
Note : While filling up the relevant box of the Online Application Form, the candidate has to mention details of marks secured in Annual examination leading to award of Degree.
- Caste certificate by birth in support of claim as S.C. / S.T. / S.E.B.C., wherever applicable, ( Please see note below ).
- Required Odia Test pass certificate from the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha indicating Odia as a language subject equivalent to M.E. School Standard or a certificate from the Principal / Headmaster of the school indicating that the candidate has passed Odia in M.E. Standard, if not passed Odia as a subject in the High School Certificate / equivalent examination;
- If a candidate claims to possess qualification equivalent to the prescribed qualification, the rule / authority ( with number and date ) under which it is so treated, must be furnished with the Application Form;
Note 1 :Candidates claiming to be belonging to S.C. / S.T. / S.E.B.C. category of Odisha by Birth are required to submit the copy of the relevant Caste certificates issued by the competent authority in the prescribed form. Candidates of S.E.B.C. category ( other than Creamy Layer ) must submit Copy of Caste Certificates, issued within the last three years from the date of issue of the Advertisement.
- Women candidates belonging to S.C. / S.T. / S.E.B.C. are required to submit Caste Certificates ( by birth showing “daughter of ______.” Caste Certificate by virtue of marriage ( i.e. showing “wife of _____” ) is not acceptable.
- OBC Certificates will not be accepted in lieu of SEBC Certificates.
- Community ( Caste Status ) once mentioned by the candidates in the online application shall not be changed under any circumstances. The Competent authorities are : District Magistrate / Collector or Additional District Magistrate or Sub- Divisional Magistrates / Sub-Collector Executive Magistrate or Revenue Officers, not below the rank of Tahasildar / Additional Tahasildar of Government of Odisha.
Note 2 : Degree Certificate, Caste Certificate, Odia Test Pass Certificate, Discharge Certificate of Ex-Serviceman, and Disability Certificate from Medical Board of Physically Handicapped Person must have been issued by the competent authority before the last date fixed for receipt of applications as indicated above.
11. Application for Odisha PSC Recruitment 2013 :
- Candidates must go through details of this Advertisement before filling up the online application form.
- Candidates must apply online through the website of OPSC http://opsc.gov.in. Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily rejected.
- Before filling up the online application form, the candidates must go through the following documents available at OPSC portal.
- Instructions to fill up the online application form;
- Guidelines for scanning and Uploading of Photograph, Full Signature and Left Thumb Impression.
- Candidates are required to upload the scanned image of latest passport size photograph along with scanned image of his / her full signature and scanned image of Left Thumb Impression ( LTI ) in the Online Application Form. The uploaded photograph, full signature and LTI must be clearly identifiable / visible, otherwise the application of the candidate is liable to be rejected by the Commission and no representation from the candidate will be entertained.
- Candidates should keep at least 2 copies of the latest passport size photograph which is uploaded on the online application form for future use.
- On successful submission of the Online Application Form, a Unique Registration ID will be displayed on the screen as well as on the top of the application form. Candidates are required to take a printout of the finally submitted online application form and put his / her signature under the Declaration for submission to O.P.S.C. along with copies of requisite certificates and documents.
- Thereafter, the candidates who are required to pay the fee shall take a printout of Online Challan ( Pay-in-Slip ) for payment of requisite fee of 300/- ( Three hundred ) only at any branch of State Bank of India ( SBI ). The Fee paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee be adjusted or held in reserve for any other examination or recruitment.
- Candidates are required to send the Printout / Hard copy of the filled in Online Application duly signed under the declaration along with copies of required certificates and documents etc., as provided under para-10 of this Advertisement, copy of Challan showing payment of Application Fee, by Registered Post / Speed Post / Courier Service to the Special Secretary, Odisha Public Service Commission,19, Dr. P. K. Parija Road, Cuttack – 753 001 so as to reach the same in the office of the OPSC on or before 06.11.2013. The envelope containing the printout / hard copy of the Online Application along with requisite certificates and documents must be superscribed “Application for the post of Additional Public Prosecutor”. Application received after the closing date shall not be entertained. The Commission will not take any responsibility if the Application is not received in time. The candidate may also submit the copy of the printout / hard copy of the Online Application along with the requisite certificates and documents in the office of the Odisha Public Service Commission directly / personally on or before the last date of receipt of application at the counter.
- The candidates are advised to submit the Online Application well in advance without waiting for the closing date to avoid last hour rush.
- Certificate of admission to the examination / interview to the eligible candidates will be uploaded in the website of the OPSC prior to the date of examination or interview which will be published in the website and news paper. The candidates are required to download their Admission Certificate from the website of the Commission and produce the same for admission to the examination or interview. No separate correspondence will be made on this score.
12. Facilitation Counter :
For any technical guidance on filling up of online application, the candidates may contact facilitation counter of O.C.A.C. over Toll free No. 18003456770 or 155335 between 10.30. A.M. to 1.30 P.M. and 2.00 P.M. to 5.00 P.M. on any Odisha Government working day. Regarding difficulty in payment of fee, if any, the candidates may contact SBI over Telephone No. 0671-2368267 and 9437039604. In case of any guidance / information on this advertisement and recruitment, candidates may contact the O.P.S.C. Facilitation Counter over Telephone No. 0671-2304141 / 2305611 & Extn.-207 on any working day between 10.30 A.M. to 1.30 P.M. & 2.00 P.M. to 5.00 P.M. The candidates are required to visit the Website of the Commission at http://opsc.gov.in for detailed information about the programme of the examination / interview, rejection notice and other important notice etc. and also keep track of publication of various notices to the effect in the leading local daily news papers for information.
Syllabus of Examination for Odisha PSC 2013
The Odisha PSC written examination for recruitment to the post of Additional Public Prosecutor shall be on the following subjects. Each paper shall be with a duration of two and half hours.
|a)||Translation from English to Odia of a passage consisting of two hundred words and Translation from Odia to English of a passage consisting of two hundred words.||50 marks.|
|b)||A short essay of about 1500 words.||50 marks|
|c)||Precise writing of 300 words.||25 marks|
|d)||Comprehension ( one passage of about 500 words with 5 questions )||25 marks|
|a)||Code of Criminal Procedure 1973||50 marks|
|b)||Indian Evidence Act||50 marks|
|c)||Drafting, Pleading, Argument with problems.||50 marks|
|a)||Indian Penal Code||100 marks|
|b)||N.D.P.S. Act.||25 marks|
|c)||Dowry Prohibition Act||25 marks|
|d)||SC / ST ( Prevention of Atrocities ) Act||25 marks|
|e)||Essential Commodities Act||25 marks|
|f)||P.F.A. Act||20 marks|
|g)||Odisha Forest Act.||10 marks|
|h)||Probation of Offenders Act||10 marks|
|i)||B & O Excise Act||10 marks|
|a)||Code of Civil Procedure 1806||50 marks|
|b)||Hindu Law/Mohammedan Law||25 marks|
|c)||Law of Torts||20 marks|
|d)||Transfer of Property Act||25 marks|
|e)||Indian Contract Act||25 marks|
|f)||Specific Relief Act||20 marks|
|g)||Land Acquisition Act||20 marks|
|h)||Indian Limitation Act||20 marks|
|i)||Negotiable Instrument Act||20 marks|
|j)||Interpretation of Statutes||25 marks|
|Grand Total||800 marks|
A candidate shall answer the papers in English except for translation into Odia. The standard of General English shall be of Degree Course and that other papers shall be of L.L.B. Course. The qualifying mark in the Written Examination shall be 45 % for calling candidates to the Viva Voce Test. In case of S.C. and S.T. candidates the qualifying marks shall be 40% of the written examination.
B. Viva Voce Test in Odisha PSC 2013
There shall be 100 ( One hundred ) marks for V.V.Test. A candidate failing to secure 30% marks in the Viva Voce Test will be made unsuitable for the recruitment.