Odisha Public Service Commission Recruitment 2013 for Tourist Officer
Odisha PSC Recruitment 2013 to the post of Tourist Officer, Group – B of Odisha Tourism Service under Tourism & Culture ( Tourism ) Department.
Website : www.opsconline.gov.in.
|Online Application Form will be Available till 21.12.2013, 11:59 P.M|
|Last Date for Receipt of Application Fee at any SBI Branch is 24.12.2013|
|Last Date for Receipt of Print out / Hard copy of Online Application along with copies of requisite certificates and documents is 31.12.2013 by 5:00 P.M.|
Applications are invited Online through the proforma application form to be made available on website ( www.opsconline.gov.in ) from 21.11.2013 to 21.12.2013 ( Note : 24.12.2013 is the last date for payment of application fees ) for recruitment to 7 ( seven ) posts of Tourist Officer, Group – B of Odisha Tourism Service under Tourism & Culture ( Tourism ) Department in the scale of pay of 9300 – 34800/- carrying Grade Pay of 4200/- with usual Dearness and other Allowances as may be sanctioned by the Government of Odisha from time to time. The posts are temporary but likely to be made permanent.
2. OPSC Tourist Officer Vacancy Position 2013 : As per requisition filed by the Tourism & Culture ( Tourism ) Department Government of Odisha, the category wise vacancy position along with reservation thereof is given below :
|Sl. No.||Category||No. of Vacancies|
|1||Unreserved||02 ( 1W )|
|2||SEBC||02 ( 1W )|
|4||Scheduled Tribe||02 ( 1w )|
|Total||07 ( 3 w )|
- In case of non availability or availability of insufficient number of eligible women candidates belonging to any particular category the remaining vacancies will be filled up by male candidates of the same category.
- In the event of non-availability of eligible and suitable Scheduled Tribe candidates, Scheduled Caste candidates will not be considered.
- The period of probation is two years. The appointment can be terminated on one month’s notice from either side without assigning any reason thereof.
3. Age Limit for OPSC Tourist Officer 2013 :
A candidate must not be under 21 ( twenty one ) years of age and must not be above 32 ( thirty two ) years of age as on 1st January, 2013 i.e. he / she must not have been born earlier than 2nd January, 1981, and not later than 1st January, 1992.
The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 ( five ) years for candidates belonging to the categories of Scheduled Castes ( S.C. ), Scheduled Tribes ( S.T. ), Socially & Educationally Backward Classes ( S.E.B.C. ), Women, Ex-servicemen, and by 10 ( ten ) years for candidates belonging to Physically Handicapped category whose disability should not be less than 40%. Provided that, a candidate who comes under more than one category mentioned above, he / she will be eligible for only one age relaxation benefit, which shall be considered most beneficial to him / her.
Save as provided above the age limits prescribed can in no case be relaxed.
Date of birth entered in the High School Certificate or equivalent certificate issued by the concerned Board / Council will only be accepted by the Odisha Public Service Commission.
4. OPSC Tourist Officer Educational Qualification 2013 :
A candidate must have obtained a Master degree of Arts in History or Master Degree in Tourism Administration from a recognized University.
Note : Knowledge of foreign language other than English shall be considered an additional qualification.
5. OPSC Tourist Officer Application Fee 2013 : A candidate is required to pay a non-refundable and non-adjustable fee of 300/- ( Rupees three hundred ) only. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe of Odisha only and persons with disability ( whose disability is not less than 40% ) are exempted from payment of this fee.
6. Method of OPSC Tourist Officer Selection 2013 : The selection of candidates for recruitment to the post shall be made on the basis of written test and Viva Voce. The plan of written test and broad out lines of the syllabus are appended at Annexure A.
7. Place of Examination : The written Examination will be held at Cuttack.
8. Other Eligibility Conditions :
- The candidate must be a citizen of India;
- The candidate must have good character. The candidate must have sound health, good Physique, active habits and free from organic defects or bodily / mental infirmity.
- The candidate must be able to speak, read and write Odia fluently and must have passed at least an examination in Odia language equivalent to that of Middle English School standard conducted by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha; or the Education Department of Government of Odisha or any other Board or Council of Secondary Education approved by the Government of Odisha in support of passing of Odia Language Test ( M.E. School standard );
- A candidate, who has more than one spouse living, will not be eligible for appointment unless the State Government has exempted his / her case from operation of this limitation for any good and sufficient reasons;
- Government servants, whether temporary or permanent, are eligible to apply provided that they possess the requisite qualification and are within the prescribed age – limit as provided under para 3 & 4 of the advertisement. They must inform their respective Heads of Offices in writing regarding submission of their applications for this recruitment and obtain “No Objection Certificate”;
- If a candidate has at any time, been debarred for a certain period / chance(s) by the Odisha Public Service Commission or other State Public Service Commission or U.P.S.C. from appearing at any examination / interview, he / she will not be eligible for such recruitment for that specified period / chance(s);
- Only those candidates, who fulfill the requisite qualification & within the prescribed age limit etc. by the last date of filling up Online Application, will be considered eligible;
- A candidate who claims change in his / her name after having passed the H.S.C. Examination or equivalent Examination, is required to furnish copy of publication of the changed name in the local leading daily news paper as well as copy of notification in the Odisha Gazette in support of his / her change of name.
- Every candidate selected for appointment shall be examined by the Medical Board. A candidate, who fails to satisfy the Medical Board, shall not be appointed;
9. Other Conditions :
- The provisions of the Odisha Conduct of Examination Act 1988 ( Odisha Act 2 of 1988 ) are applicable to the examination conducted by the Odisha Public Service Commission.
- A candidate found guilty of seeking support for his / her candidature by offering illegal gratification or applying pressure on any person connected with the conduct of the recruitment process or found indulging in any type of malpractice in course of the selection or otherwise, shall, in addition to rendering himself / herself liable to criminal prosecution, be disqualified not only for the recruitment for which he / she is a candidate, but also may be debarred, either permanently or for a specified period, from any recruitment or selection to be conducted by the Odisha Public Service Commission;
- Applications submitted to OPSC if found to be incomplete in any respect are liable to rejection without entertaining any correspondence with the applicants on that score;
- Admission to Examination / Viva Voce will be provisional. If on verification at any stage before or after the Examination / Viva Voce test, it is found that a candidate does not fulfill all the eligibility conditions, his / her candidature will be liable to rejection. Decision of the Odisha Public Service Commission in regard to eligibility or otherwise of candidate shall be final.
- Odisha Public Service Commission advertisement should not be construed as binding on the Government to make appointment;
- Concessions meant for S.C., S.T. & SEBC by Birth are admissible to the Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and Socially & Educationally Backward Classes of Odisha only;
- Candidates are required to take due care to annex with the copy of the printout / hard copy of Online Application, the copies of certificates and other requisite documents as stated under para 10 of this advertisement;
- All persons appointed under the Government of Odisha on or after 1st January, 2005 shall not be eligible for pension as defined under sub-rule(1) of Rule 3 of the Odisha Civil Service ( Pension ) Rules, 1992; but shall be covered by the new structured defined Contribution Pension Scheme in accordance with the Odisha Civil Services ( Pension ) Amendment Rules, 2005;
- Any misrepresentation or suppression of information by the candidate in the application form will result in cancellation of his / her candidature or penalty, as decided by the Odisha Public Service Commission.
- Mere empanelment in the select list shall not confer any right for appointment unless the Government is satisfied after making such enquiry as may be deemed necessary that the candidate is suitable in all respects for appointment to the service.
11. OPSC Tourist Officer How to Apply 2013
- Candidate must go through details of Odisha Public Service Commission Advertisement before filling up online application form.
- Candidates must apply online through the website of OPSC www.opsconline.gov.in. Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily rejected.
- Before filling up the online application form, the candidates must go through the following documents available at OPSC portal.
- Instruction to fill up the online application form.
- Guidelines for scanning and Uploading of Photograph, Full Signature & Left Thumb Impression.
- Candidates are required to upload the scanned image of latest passport size photograph along with scanned image of his / her full signature and scanned image of Left Thumb Impression ( LTI ) in the online application form. The Uploaded photograph, full signature and LTI must be clearly identifiable / visible, otherwise the application of the candidate is liable to be rejected by the Odisha Public Service Commission and no representation from the candidate will be entertained.
- Candidates should keep at least 2 copies of latest passport size photograph which is uploaded to the online application form for future use.
- On successful submission of the online application form, an Unique Registration ID will be displayed on the screen as well as top of the application form. Candidates are required to take a printout of the finally submitted online application form and put his / her signature under the Declaration for submission to OPSC along with copies of requisite certificate and documents.
- There after, the candidates who are required to pay the fee shall take a printout of Online Challan ( Pay-in-Slip ) for payment of requisite fee of 300/- ( Three hundred ) only at any branch of State Bank of India ( SBI ). The Fee(s) paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee(s) be adjusted or held in reserve for any other examination or recruitment.
- Candidates are required to send the Printout / Hard copy of the filled in Online Application Form duly signed under the declaration along with copies of required certificates / documents etc., as provided under para 10 of this advertisement and the OPSC copy of Challan showing payment of Application fee, by Registered Post / Speed Post / Courier Service to the following address and so as to reach the same in the office of the OPSC on or before 31.12.2013.
Odisha Public Service Commission,
19, Dr. P.K. Parija Road,
Cuttack – 753 001
The envelope containing the Printout / Hard copy of the online application along with copies of requisite certificates and documents etc must be superscribed “Application for the post of Tourist Officer”. Application received after the closing date shall not be entertained. The Odisha Public Service Commission will not take any responsibility if the application is not received in time. The candidate may also submit the copy of the Printout / Hard copy of the online application along with requisite certificates and documents etc. in the office of the Odisha Public Service Commission directly / personally on or before the last date of receipt of application at the counter.
- The candidates are advised to submit the Online Application Form well in advance without waiting for the closing date to avoid last hour rush.
- Certificate of Admission to the Examination / Interview to the eligible candidates will be uploaded in the website of OPSC prior to the date of examination or interview which will be published in the website and news paper. The candidates are required to download their Admission Certificate from website of the Odisha Public Service Commission and produce the same for admission to the examination or interview. No separate correspondence will be made on this score.
12. Facilitation Counter :
For any technical guidance on filling of online application, the candidates may contact facilitation counter of O.C.A.C. over Toll free No. 18003456770 or 155335 between 10.30 A.M. to 1.30 P.M. and 2.00 P.M.to 5.00 P.M. on any Odisha Government working day. Regarding difficulty in payment of fee, if any, the candidates may contact SBI over Telephone No.0671 – 2368267 and 9437039604. In case of any guidance / information on this advertisement and recruitment, candidates may contact the O.P.S.C. Facilitation Counter over Telephone No.0671 – 2304141 / 2305611 & Extn.-229 on any working day between 10.30 A.M. to 1.30 P.M. & 2.00 P.M. to 5.00 P.M. The candidates are required to visit the website of the Odisha Public Service Commission at www.opsc.gov.in for detailed information about the programme of the examination / interview, rejection notice and other important notices etc. and also keep track of publication of various notices to the effect in the leading local daily newspapers for information.
Syllabus of OPSC Tourist Officer Examination 2013
Subjects for written examination for recruitment to the post of Odisha Tourist Officer
Paper – I :
General Knowledge & General English : Time – Three Hours ( Question paper will be combined ) Total marks – 100.
1. General Knowledge – 50 Marks.
2. General English – 50 Marks.
- Grammar – 10 Marks ( 10 Questions )
- Comprehension – ( 20 Marks )
- Translation – ( 20 Marks ) From Odia to English
Paper – II
History : Time – Three hours. Total Marks 100.
- Section A : World History : 30 Marks any 2 Questions out of 4.
- Section B : Indian History : 30 Marks any 2 Questions out of 4.
- Section C : Odisha History : 40 Marks any 2 Questions out of 4.
The written examination shall consist of two papers and each paper shall carry 100 marks. The duration of each examination shall be for three hours and the candidates have to secure atleast 40% marks in each paper other than those belonging to S.C / S.T candidates, Candidates who belong to S.C. / S.T. are to secure atleast 30% marks in each paper to be eligible for being called for the interview. The examination shall be of graduation standard. The total marks for interview will be 25 marks. There will be no qualifying marks in interview.