Odisha PSC Recruitment 2014 for Lecturers in Physical Education
Odisha Public Service Commission Recruitment to the post of Lecturers in Physical Education ( Group – B ) under Sports and Youth Services Department.
Website : http://opsconline.gov.in
|Online application form will be available till 04.03.2014 11:59 P.M|
|Last date for receipt of application fee at any SBI branch is 07.03.2014.|
|Last date for receipt of print out / hard copy of online application alongwith copy of specified documents / certificates is 20.03.2014 by 5.00 P.M.|
Applications are invited Online through the proforma application to be made available on website ( http://opsconline.gov.in ) from 28.01.2014 to 04.03.2014 ( Note : 07.03.2014 is the last date for payment of application fees ) for recruitment to the post of Lecturers in Physical Education ( Group B ) under Sports and Youth Services Department in the scale of pay of 9300 – 34800/- carrying Grade Pay of 4600/- with usual Dearness and other Allowances as may be sanctioned by the Government of Odisha from time to time. The posts are permanent.
2. OPSC Lecturer Vacancy Position 2014 : As per requisition filed by the Sports and Youth Services Department, the vacancy position along with reservation thereof is given below :
|Category||No. of Posts|
|Total||04 ( 1 - w )|
|ii. Socially & Educationally Backward Classes||01|
|iii. Scheduled Tribe||02 ( 1 - w )|
- In case of non-availability of eligible / suitable Women candidate of S.T. category, the unfilled vacancy shall be filled up by eligible / suitable Male candidate of the said category.
- Exchange of reservation between SC & S.T. will not be considered.
3. Age Limit for OPSC Lecturer 2014 :
i. A candidate must be under 32 ( thirty two ) years and above 21 ( twenty one ) years of age on the 1st July, 2013 i.e. he / she must have been born not earlier than 2nd July, 1981, and not later than 1st July, 1992.
The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 ( five ) years for candidates belonging to the categories of Scheduled Castes ( S.C. ), Scheduled Tribes ( S.T. ), Socially & Educationally Backward Classes ( S.E.B.C. ), Women & Ex-servicemen.
Provided that in case a candidate who comes under more than one category mentioned above, he / she will be eligible for only one age relaxation benefit, which shall be considered most beneficial to him / her.
Save as provided above, the age limits prescribed can in no case be relaxed.
Date of birth entered in the High School Certificate or equivalent Certificate issued by the concerned Board / Council will only be accepted by the Odisha Public Service Commission.
4. OPSC Lecturer Educational Qualification 2014 :
A candidate must have obtained Master’s Degree in Physical Education ( M.P.Ed. ) from any recognized University in India.
5. OPSC Lecturer Application Fee 2014 :
A candidate is required to pay a non-refundable and non-adjustable fee of 200/-( Rupees two hundred ) only. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe of Odisha only are exempted from payment of this fee.
6. Method of OPSC Lecturer Selection 2014 : The selection of candidates for recruitment to the post will be made on the basis of career assessment and Viva Voce Test. The Odisha Public Service Commission at their discretion may short-list the candidates to a reasonable number, for conducting interview by making a preliminary selection on the basis of evaluation of their academic career taking into account the requisite minimum educational qualification.
7. Main Job Chart :
Teaching in Government College of Physical Education, Odisha.
8. Other Eligibility Conditions :
- The candidate must be a citizen of India;
- The candidate must be of (a) good character and (b) sound mental and bodily health and physique and active habits and free from organic defects or bodily infirmities so as not to create an impairment in due discharge of duties;
- The candidate must be able to speak, read and write Odia fluently and must have passed at least an examination in Odia language equivalent to that of Middle English School standard conducted by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha or the Education Department of Government of Odisha or any other Board or Council of Secondary Education approved by the Government of Odisha in support of passing of Odia Language Test ( M.E. School standard );
- A candidate, who has more than one spouse living, will not be eligible for appointment unless the State Government has exempted his / her case from operation of this limitation for any good and sufficient reasons;
- Government servants, whether temporary or permanent, are eligible to apply provided that they possess the requisite qualification and are within the prescribed age-limit as provided under Para – 3 & 4 of the Advertisement. They must inform their respective Heads of Offices in writing regarding submission of their applications for this recruitment and obtain “No Objection Certificate”;
- If a candidate has at any time, been debarred for a certain period / chance(s) by the Odisha Public Service Commission or other State Public Service Commission or U.P.S.C. from appearing at any examination / interview, he / she will not be eligible for such recruitment for that specified period / chance(s);
- Only those candidates, who fulfil the requisite qualification & within the prescribed age limit etc. by the last date of filling up online application, will be considered eligible;
- The period of probation is two years with effect from the date of appointment.
b. Every candidate selected for appointment shall be examined by the Medical Board. A candidate, who fails to satisfy the Medical Board, shall not be appointed.
9. Other Conditions :
- A candidate found guilty of seeking support for his / her candidature by offering illegal gratification or applying pressure on any person connected with the conduct of the recruitment process or found indulging in any type of malpractice in course of the selection or otherwise, shall, in addition to rendering himself / herself liable to criminal prosecution, be disqualified not only for the recruitment for which he / she is a candidate, but also may be debarred, either permanently or for a specified period, from any recruitment or selection to be conducted by the Odisha Public Service Commission;
- The provisions of the Odisha Conduct of Examination Act 1988 ( Odisha Act-2 of 1988 ) are applicable to the examination conducted by the Odisha Public Service Commission.
- Applications submitted to OPSC if found to be incomplete in any respect are liable to rejection without entertaining any correspondence with the applicants on that score;
- Admission to viva voce will be provisional. If on verification at any stage before or after the viva voce, it is found that a candidate does not fulfil all the eligibility conditions, his / her candidature will be liable to rejection. Decision of the Odisha Public Service Commission in regard to eligibility or otherwise of candidate shall be final.
- This advertisement should not be construed as binding on the Government to make appointment;
- The posts are permanent. The appointment can be terminated on one month’s notice from either side without assigning any reason thereof.
- Concessions meant for S.C., S.T. & SEBC by Birth are admissible to the Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and Socially & Educationally Backward Classes of Odisha only;
- Candidates are required to take due care to annex with the printout / hard copy of online applications, the copies of certificates and other documents as stated under Para – 10 of this advertisement.
- All persons appointed under the Government of Odisha on or after 1st January, 2005 shall not be eligible for pension as defined under sub rule 1 of Rule 3 of the Odisha Civil Service ( Pension ) Rules, 1992; but shall be covered by the defined Contribution Pension Scheme in accordance with the Odisha Civil Service ( Pension ) Amendment Rules, 2005;
- Any misrepresentation or suppression of information by the candidate in the online application, will result in cancellation of his candidature or penalty, as decided by the Odisha Public Service Commission be imposed on the candidate.
- Mere empanelment in the select list shall not confer any right for appointment unless the Government is satisfied after making such enquiry as may be deemed necessary that the candidate is suitable in all respects for appointment to the service.
11. OPSC Lecturers How to Apply 2014 :
a. Candidate must go through this Advertisement before filling up online application form.
b. Candidates must apply online through the website http://opsconline.gov.in. Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily rejected.
c. Before filling up the online application form, the candidates must go through the following documents available at OPSC portal.
- Instruction to fill up online application.
- Guideline for scanning and Uploading Photograph, Full Signature & Left Thumb Impression.
- Candidates are requested to upload the scanned image of latest passport size photograph along with scanned image of his / her full signature and scanned image of Left Thumb Impression ( LTI ) in the online application form. Uploaded photograph, specimen ( full ) signature and LTI must be clearly identifiable / visible, otherwise the application of the candidate is liable to be rejected by the Odisha Public Service Commission and no representation from the candidate will be entertained.
- Candidates should keep at least 2 copies of latest passport size photograph which is uploaded to the online application form for future use.
- The candidates are required to take a printout of the finally submitted Online Application Form for future use and take a printout of Online Challan ( pay in Slip ) for payment of requisite fee at any branch of State Bank of India ( SBI ). The Fee(s) paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee(s) be adjusted or held in reserve for any other examination or recruitment.
- On successful submission of application form, a Unique Registration ID will be displayed on the screen as well as top of the application form. Candidates are required to take a printout of the finally submitted online application form and put his / her signature under the Declaration for submission to O.P.S.C. along with copies of requisite certificates and documents.
- Thereafter, the candidates who are required to pay the fee shall take a printout of Online Challan ( Pay-in-Slip ) for payment of requisite fee of 200/- ( Two hundred ) only at any branch of State Bank of India ( SBI ). The Fee paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee be adjusted or held in reserve for any other examination or recruitment.
- Candidates are required to send the Printout / Hard copy of the filled in Online Application Form duly signed under the declaration along with copies of required certificates and documents etc., as provided under para 10 of this advertisement and the OPSC copy of Challan showing payment of application fee, by Registered Post / Speed Post / Courier Service to the Special Secretary, Odisha Public Service Commission, 19, Dr. P.K. Parija Road, Cuttack – 753 001 so as to reach the same in the office of the OPSC on or before 20.03.2014.
- The envelope containing the printout / hard copy of the online application along with copies of requisite certificates and documents etc. must be superscribed “Application for Lecturer in Physical Education”. Application received after the closing date shall not be entertained. The Odisha Public Service Commission will not take any responsibility if the application is not received in time. Candidate may also submit the copy of the Printout / Hard copy of the online application along with requisite certificates and documents etc by dropping in the box placed at entrance of the office of the Odisha Public Service Commission.
- Certificate of Admission to the Interview to the eligible candidates will be uploaded in the website of OPSC prior to the date of interview which will be published in the website and News paper. The candidates are required to download their Admission Certificate from website. No separate correspondence will be made on this score.
12. Facilitation Counter :
During filling up the online application form the candidate may contact facilitation counter of OCAC over toll free Telephone No. 18003456770 or 155335 for any technical guidance in any working day between 10.30 A.M. to 1.30 P.M. & 2.00 P.M. to 5.00 P.M. In case of any guidance / information on advertisement & recruitment, candidates may contact the O.P.S.C. Facilitation Counter over Telephone No.0671-2304141 / 2305611 & Extn.-218 in any working day between 10.30 A.M. to 1.30 P.M. & 2.00 P.M. to 5.00 P.M. Candidates are required to visit the website of the Odisha Public Service Commission at http://opsc.gov.in for detailed information about the programme of the interview rejection notice and other important notices etc. and also keep track of publication of various notices to the effect in the leading local daily newspapers for information.