OPSC Recruitment 2017 for Insurance Medical Officer
Website : http://opsconline.gov.in or http://opsc.gov.in
Odisha Public Service Commission Recruitment to the post of Insurance Medical Officer Group-A (Junior Branch) of Odisha Employees State Insurance Medical Services cadre under Labour and ESI Department.
1. Odisha Public Service Commission applications are invited online through the Proforma Application Form to be made available on the Website http://opsconline.gov.in from 16th March, 2017 to 15th April, 2017 ( Note : 18th April, 2017 is the last date for payment of application fee) for recruitment to 68 (Sixty Eight) posts of Insurance Medical Officer, Group-A (Junior Branch) of Odisha ESI Medical Services Cadre under Labour and ESI Department in the Pay Scale of 15,600-39,100/- + Grade Pay 5,400/-, Pay Band-3 with usual dearness allowances as may be sanctioned by the Government of Odisha from time to time. The posts are permanent.
Odisha PSC Online application must be followed by submission of Hard copy of the same alongwith copies of certificates by the last date 25th April, 2017.
2. OPSC Insurance Medical Officer Vacancy Position : As per requisition filed by the Labour and ESI Department, Government of Odisha, the category wise vacancy position along with reservation thereof is given below :-
- Out of the vacancies mentioned above, 02 (Two) posts are reserved for Physically Handicapped (Orthopaedically Handicapped) candidates having the disability such as O.A.(One Arm affected),OL(One leg Affected) having standing ability,who are capable of rendering service to the public. 01 (One) post is reserved for Sports person.
- In the event of non-availability of sufficient number of eligible women candidates belonging to any particular category, the vacancies or the remaining vacancies will be filled up by the male candidates of that category.
- Exchange of reservation between Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe will not be considered.
- The number of vacancies to be filled up on the basis of this recruitment is subject to change by Government without notice, depending upon the exigencies of public sendee at the discretion of the State Government.
3. Age Limit for Odisha PSC Insurance Medical Officer Recruitment 2017 :
A candidate must have attained the age of 21 (twenty one) years and must not be above the age of 32 (thirty two) years on the 1st day of January, 2017 i.e he/she must have born not earlier than 2nd January 1985 and not later than 1st January 1996. Age relaxation shall be as per Government Rules prescribed for the purpose.
Save as Provided above the Age Limits Prescribed can in no case be Relaxed.
Date of birth entered in the High School Certificate or equivalent certificate issued by the concerned Board / Council will only be accepted by the Commission.
4. OPSC Recruitment 2017 Educational Qualification for Insurance Medical Officer :
- The candidate must have possessed M.B.B.S. or equivalent Degree from a Medical College or Medical Institution recognised by the Medical Council of India.
- The candidate must have a valid registration certificate under the Odisha Medical “Registration Rules 1965”; and
- Possessed required conversion certificates recognised by Medical Council of India (MCI) in case of candidate having Degrees from University of Foreign Countries.
5. Odisha PSC Application Fee :
A candidate is required to pay a non-refundable and non-adjustable fee of 300/- (Rupees three hundred) only. Candidate belonging to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe of Odisha and Persons with Disability (whose disability is not less than 40%) are exempted from payment of this fee.
6. Method of OPSC Selection :
The selection of candidates for recruitment to the posts of Insurance Medical Officer will be made on the basis of written test and career marking. The career marking will be for 30% (10% each for class 10th, 12th and M.B.B.S.) and 70% for written Test.
7. Place of OPSC Insurance Medical Officer Examination : The written examination will be held at Cuttack.
8. OPSC Other Eligibility Conditions Insurance Medical Officer Job 2017 :
- The candidate must be a citizen of India;
- The candidate must have good character. The candidate must have Sound health, good physique, active habits and free from organic defects or bodily/mental infirmity.
- He/She must be able to speak, read and write Odia fluently and must have passed an examination in Odia Language equivalent to that of Middle English School standard conducted by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha; or the Education Department of Government of Odisha or any other Board or Council of Secondary Education approved by the Government of Odisha in support of passing of Odia Language Test (M.E. School Standard).
- A candidate, who has more than one spouse living, will not be eligible for appointment unless the State Government has exempted his/her case from operation of this limitation for any good and sufficient reasons;
- If a candidate has at any time, been debarred for a certain period/chance(s) by the Odisha Public Sendee Commission he/she will not be eligible for such recruitment for that specified period/chance(s);
- Government servants, whether temporary or permanent, are eligible to apply provided that they possess the requisite qualification and are within the prescribed age-limit as provided under Para-3 of the Advertisement. They must inform their respective Heads of Offices in writing regarding submission of their applications for this recruitment and obtain “No Objection Certificate”.
- A candidate who claims change in his/her name after having passed the High School Certificate Examination or equivalent examination, is required to furnish copy of publication of the changed name in local leading daily news paper as well as copy of notification in the Odisha Gazette in support of his/her change of name.
- Only those candidates, who are within the prescribed age limit and fulfill the requisite qualification etc. by the closing date of submission of online application, will be considered eligible;
- Every candidate selected for appointment shall be examined by the Medical Board. A candidate, who fails to satisfy the Medical Board, shall not be appointed;
- A candidate before appointment will have to register himself / herself under the Odisha Medical Registration Act, 1961, if not, already registered.
9. Odisha PSC Other Conditions :
- A candidate found guilty of seeking support for his/her candidature by offering illegal gratification or applying pressure on any person connected with the conduct of the recruitment process or found indulging in any type of malpractice in course of the selection or otherwise, shall, in addition to rendering himself/herself liable to criminal prosecution, be disqualified not only for the recruitment for which he/she is a candidate, but also may be debarred, either permanently or for a specified period, from any recruitment or selection to be conducted by the Commission.
- The provisions of the Odisha Conduct of Examination Act 1988 (Odisha Act-2 of 1988) are applicable to the examination conducted by the Odisha Public Service Commission.
- Applications submitted to OPSC if found to be incomplete in any respect are liable to rejection without entertaining any correspondence with the applicants on that score.
- Admission to Examination will be provisional. If on verification at any stage before or after the examination, it is found that a candidate does not fulfil all the eligibility conditions, his/her candidature will be liable to rejection. Decision of the Commission in regard to eligibility or otherwise of a candidate shall be final.
- This advertisement should not be construed as binding on the Government to make appointment.
- Concessions meant for S.C., S.T. and SEBC by Birth are admissible to the Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and Socially & Educationally Backward Class of Odisha only.
- Candidates are required to take due care to annex with the copy of the printout/hard copy of online applications, the copies of certificates and other requisite documents as stated under Para-10 of this advertisement.
- All persons appointed under the Government of Odisha on or after 1st January, 2005 shall not be eligible for pension as defined under sub-rule(l) of Rule-3 of the Odisha Civil Service (Pension) Rules, 1992; but shall be covered by the new structured defined Contribution Pension Scheme in accordance with the Odisha Civil Services (Pension) Amendment Rules, 2005.
- Any misrepresentation or suppression of information by the candidate in the application form will result in cancellation of his/her candidature or penalty, as decided by the Commission.
- Mere empanelment in the select list shall not confer any right for appointment unless the Government is satisfied after making such enquiry as may be deemed necessary that the candidate is suitable in all respects for appointment to the service.
- If one candidate furnishes more than one online application, the Commission will consider the information/data of latest application having higher ID number.
10. How to Apply for OPSC Insurance Medical Officer Job 2017 :
- Candidate must go through the details of this advertisement before filling up the Online Application Form.
- Candidates must apply online through the Website of OPSC http://opsconline.gov.in. Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily rejected.
- Before filling up the online application form, the candidates must also go through the following documents available at http://opsconline.gov.in.
- Instructions to fill up the Online Application Form;
- Guidelines for scanning and Uploading of photograph, Full Signature & Left Thumb Impression.
- Candidates are required to upload the scanned image of latest passport size photograph along with scanned image of his/her full signature and scanned image of Left Thumb Impression(LTI) in the Online Application Form. The Uploaded photograph, full signature and LTI must be clearly identifiable /visible, otherwise the application of the candidate is liable to be rejected by the Commission and no representation from the candidate will be entertained.
- Candidates should keep at least 2 copies of latest passport size photograph which is uploaded on the online application form for future use.
- On successful submission of the Online Application form, a Unique Registration ID will be displayed on the screen as well as on the top of the application form. Candidates are required to take a printout of the finally submitted online application form and put his/her signature under the Declaration for submission to O.P.S.C. along with copies of requisite certificates and documents.
- Thereafter, the candidates who are required to pay the fee shall take a printout of Online Challan (Pay-in-Slip) for payment of requisite fee of 300/-(three hundred (only at any branch of State Bank of India (SBI) . The Fee paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee be adjusted or held in reserve for any other examination or recruitment. Deposit of application fees by any other mode shall not be accepted.
- Candidates are required to send the Printout/Hard copy of the filled in Online Application Form duly signed under the declaration along with copies of required certificates and documents etc., as provided under para-10 of this advertisement and the OPSC copy of Challan showing payment of Application fee, by Registered Post/Speed Post to the Special Secretary, Odisha Public Service Commission, 19, Dr. P.K. Parija Road, Cuttack-753001, so as to reach the same in the office of the OPSC on or before 25th April, 2017. The envelope containing the Printout/Hard copy of the Online application along with requisite certificates and documents etc must be superscribed “Application for he post of Insurance Medical Officer
- Application received after the closing date shall not be entertained. The Commission will not take any responsibility if the application is not received in time. The candidate may also submit the copy of the Printout/Hard copy of the online application along with requisite certificates and documents etc by speed post/Registered post.
- The candidates are advised to submit the Online Application well in advance without waiting for the closing date to avoid last hour rush.
- Certificate of Admission to the Examination of the eligible candidates will be uploaded in the Website of the OPSC prior to the date of examination which will be published in the Website and News paper. The candidates are required to download their Admission Certificate from the Website of the Commission and produce the same at the Examination centre for admission to the examination. No separate correspondence will be made on this score.
- Odisha PSC Online applications shall be available in the website from 16th March, 2017 to 15th April, 2017 till 11:59 P.M.
- Last Date for Receipt of Application Fee at any S.B.I. Branch is 18th April, 2017.
- Last Date for Submission of Print Out / Hard Copy of Online Application Form alongwith Copy of Specified Documents / Certificates is 25th April, 2017 till 5.00 P.M.
Note : Odisha PSC Online Application Form if Found Defective in any Respect are Liable to be Summarily Rejected.
11. Syllabus of OPSC Insurance Medical Officer Examination 2017 :
Subject for Odisha PSC written examination for recruitment to the post of Insurance Medical Officer.
OPSC written examination shall be of one paper carrying 200 marks with duration of three hours. Total No. of questions in written test is 200 which shall be of multiple choice (MCQ) pattern . No negative mark for wrong answers.
The following distribution of marks in various disciplines as outlined below :
|9||Skin & VD||05|
- The qualifying mark-50% for UR and SEBC, 45% for PWD and 40% for S.C and S.T in aggregate taking together both career and written test mark.
- The syllabus shall be as per the Medical Council of India Syllabus for MBBS Course.