Odisha PSC Recruitment Exam 2015 for Senior Teacher Educator
Odisha PSC Recruitment to the post of Senior Teacher Educator, Group – ‘B’ for District Institute of Education & Training ( DIET ).
1. OPSC Senior Teacher Educator Online Application Form will be available till 26.09.2015 by 11:59 P.M.
2. Last Date for receipt of OPSC Senior Teacher Educator Application Fee at any branch of State Bank of India ( SBI ) is 29.09.2015.
3. Last Date for submission of print out / hard copy of OPSC Senior Teacher Educator Online Application alongwith copies of specified certificates and documents is 08.10.2015 by 5.00 P.M.
1. Odisha PSC Applications are invited Online through the Proforma Application Form to be made available on the website ( http://opsconline.gov.in ) from 27.08.2015 to 26.09.2015.
( Note : 29.09.2015 is the last date for payment of application fee ) for recruitment to the following posts of Senior Teacher Educator, Group – ‘B’ for DIET, under School and Mass Education Department in the pay scale of 9,300/- – 34,800/- carrying Grade pay of 4,600/- with usual Dearness and other allowances as may be sanctioned by the Government of Odisha from time to time.
The OPSC Senior Teacher Educator Online Application must be followed by submission of Hard Copy of the same along with copies of certificates by the last date i.e. 08.10.2015.
2. OPSC Senior Teacher Educator Vacancy Position 2015 : As per requisition filed by the School and Mass Education Department, Government of Odisha, the category-wise vacancy position along with reservation thereof is given below :
|SI. No.||Name of the Subject||U.R||S.E.B.C||S.C||S.T||Total|
|Grand Total||33 ( 10 - w )||08 ( 02 - w )||11 ( 03 - w )||15 ( 04 - w )||67 ( 19 - w )|
|1.||Prospective in Education||04 ( 01 - w )||01||01||02||08 ( 01 - w )|
|2.||Foundations of Education||02||01||01||01||05|
|3.||Curriculum & Pedagogy|
|14 ( 05 - w )||03 ( 01 - w )||05 ( 02 - w )||06 ( 02 - w )||28 ( 10 - w )|
|B) Science||13 ( 04 - w )||03 ( 01 - w )||04 ( 01 - w )||06 ( 02 - w )||26 ( 08 - w )|
NB : Vacancies reserved for SC / ST / SEBC’s candidates are only meant for SC / ST / SEBC’s candidates belonging to Odisha.
Out of the total 67 vacancies mentioned above, 02 ( Two ) posts are reserved for Physically Handicapped persons, i.e.
- PWD ( Blind ) – 1 ( One ) Having Low vision / partially blind.
- PWD ( Deaf ) – 1 ( One ) Partially deaf.
The candidates belonging to P.H ( Physically Handicapped ) persons shall be adjusted against the categories to which they belong.
- In case of non-availability or availability of insufficient number of eligible / suitable women candidates belonging to the respective category, the unfilled vacancies or the remaining vacancies reserved for women candidates of that category shall be filled up by eligible / suitable male candidates of the same category.
- Exchange of reservation between SC and ST will not be considered.
- The number of vacancies to be filled up on the basis of this recruitment is subject to change by the Government without notice, depending upon the exigencies of public Service at the discretion of the State Government.
3. OPSC Senior Teacher Educator Educational Qualification 2015 : The educational qualification for the following post of Senior Teacher Educator as per NCTE norms and standard, 2014 is as follows.
- Prospective in Education – Post Graduate Degree in Philosophy / Sociology / Psychology with 50% marks and B.Ed. with 50% marks or M.Phil / Ph.D in education.
- Foundations of Education – M.A ( Education ) having 50% marks and B.Ed with 50% marks or M.Phil / Ph.D in education.
- Curriculum & Pedagogy
- Arts – Master Degree in Social Science / Humanities / Language with 50% marks and M.Ed with 50% marks.
- Science – Master Degree in Science / Math with 50% marks and M..Ed with 50% marks.
4. OPSC Senior Teacher Educator Experience 2015 : As per Resolution No. 12915/SME dated 25.06.2015 ,03 ( three ) years experience of teaching in Govt. Elementary Schools / Govt. Secondary Schools / Govt. TTI’s is required for the above post of Senior Teacher Educator. The teaching experience shall include regular teaching post and / or contractual post including Sikshya Sahayaks.
5. Age Limit for OPSC Senior Teacher Educator 2015 : A candidate must be under 40 years & above 21 years of age as on the 1st day of August, 2015, i.e. he / she must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1975 and not later than 1st August, 1994. The upper age limit prescribed above is relaxable by 5 ( five ) years for the candidates belonging to the categories of S.C., S.T., Socially & Educationally Backward Classes ( S.E.B.C. ), Women and by 10 ( ten ) years for candidates belonging to Physically Handicapped whose disability should not be less than 40%.
Provided that a person who comes under more than one category mentioned above, shall be eligible for only one benefit of upper age relaxation, which shall be considered most beneficial to him / her.
Save as provided above, the age limits prescribed can in no case be relaxed.
The date of birth entered in the High School certificate or equivalent certificate issued by the concerned Board / Council will only be accepted by the Commission.
6. OPSC Senior Teacher Educator Application Fee 2015 : A candidate is required to pay a non-refundable and non-adjustable fee of 300/- ( Rupees three hundred ) only. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe of Odisha and Physically Handicapped candidates [ whose disability is not less than 40% ( forty percent ) ] are exempted from payment of this fee.
7. OPSC Senior Teacher Educator Plan of Examination 2015 :
- The examination will be conducted in following successive stages :
- OPSC Senior Teacher Educator Written Examination.
- Viva Voce Test.
- The written examination will consist of the following papers. Each paper will be of two hours duration. The details of syllabus for the various papers are set out in the Annexure ( enclosed ).
- General English : One paper – 100 marks.
- General Knowledge : One paper – 100 marks.
- Education : One paper – 150 marks.
- The candidate who secure such minimum qualifying marks in the written examination as may be fixed by the Commission, will be called to appear at the Viva-Voce Test for 50 Marks.
8. OPSC Senior Teacher Educator Place of Examination 2015 : The written examination will be held at Balasore, Berhampur, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack and Sambalpur depending on the number of candidates from the respective zone. In case sufficient numbers of candidates are not available for any of the Zones of Balasore, Berhampur, Bhubaneswar and Sambalpur, the candidates opting for those Zones will be accommodated at Cuttack.
The candidates are to mention their choice of Examination Zones at appropriate place in the Online Application Form,
9. Other Eligibility Conditions for OPSC Senior Teacher Educator Jobs 2015 :
- The candidate must be a citizen of India;
- The candidate must be of (a) good moral character and (b) sound physical and mental health, good physique and active habits and free from organic defects or bodily infirmities ( except Physically Handicapped ) so as not to create an impairment in the due discharge of duties;
- The candidate shall be able to speak, read and write Odia fluently and must have passed at least an examination in Odia language equivalent to that of Middle English School standard conducted by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha; or the Education Department of Government of Odisha or any other Board or Council of Secondary Education approved by the Government of Odisha in support of passing of Odia Language Test ( M.E. School Standard ):
- A candidate, who has more than one spouse living will not be eligible for appointment unless the State Government has exempted his / her case from operation of this limitation for any good and sufficient reasons;
- Government servants, whether temporary or permanent, are eligible to apply provided that they possess the requisite qualification and are within the prescribed age-limit as provided under Para 3 to 5 of this advertisement. They must inform their respective Heads of Offices / Departments in writing regarding submission of their applications for this recruitment and obtain “No Objection Certificate”.
- If a candidate has at any time, been debarred for certain period / chance(s) by the Odisha Public Service Commission or other State Public Service Commission or U.P.S.C. from appearing at any examination / interview, he / she will not be eligible for such recruitment for that specified period / chance(s);
- Only those candidates, who possess the requisite qualification, experience are within the prescribed age limit and fulfil other eligibility conditions etc. by the closing date of online applications, will be considered eligible;
10. Other Conditions for OPSC Senior Teacher Educator Vacancy 2015 :
- A candidate found guilty of seeking support for his / her candidature by offering illegal gratification or applying pressure on any person connected with the conduct of the recruitment process or found indulging in any type of malpractice in course of the selection or otherwise, shall, in addition to rendering himself / herself liable to criminal prosecution, be disqualified not only for the recruitment for which he / she is a candidate, but also may be debarred, either permanently or for a specified period, from any recruitment or selection to be conducted by the Commission;
- The provisions of the Odisha Conduct of Examination Act, 1988 ( Odisha Act – 2 of 1988 ) are applicable to the examinations conducted by the Odisha Public Service Commission;
- Applications submitted to the OPSC, if found to be incomplete in any respect are liable to rejection without entertaining any correspondence with the applicants on that score;
- Admission to the Viva Voce test will be provisional. If on verification at any stage before or after Viva Voce test, it is found that a candidate does not fulfil any of the eligibility conditions, his / her candidature will be liable to rejection. Decision of the Commission in regard to eligibility or otherwise of a candidate shall be final;
- This advertisement should not be construed as binding on the Government to make appointment.
- Concession meant for SCs, S.Ts & SEBC’s by birth are admissible to the Schedule Caste, Scheduled Tribes & Socially and Educationally Backward Classes of Odisha only;
- The period of probation is two years with effect from the date he / she actually joins the post;
- Candidates are required to take due care to annex with the copy of the Printout / Hard Copy of Online Application, the copies of certificates and other requisite documents as stated under Para – 11 of this advertisement.
- All persons appointed under the Government of Odisha on or after 1st January, 2005 shall not be eligible for pension as defined under sub-rule(l) of Rule – 3 of the Odisha Civil Service ( Pension ) Rules, 1992; but shall be covered by the defined Contribution Pension Scheme in accordance with the Odisha Civil Services ( Pension ) Amendment Rules, 2005;
- Any misrepresentation or suppression of information by the candidate in the Application Form, will result in cancellation of his / her candidature or penalty, as may be decided by the Commission, be imposed on the candidate.
- Mere empanelment in the select list shall not confer any right for appointment unless the Government is satisfied after making such enquiry as may be deemed necessary that the candidate is suitable in all respects for appointment to the Service.
- A candidate who claims change in his / her name after having passed the High School Certificate Examination or equivalent examination is required to furnish copy of publication of the changed name in the local leading daily news paper as well as copy of notification in the Odisha Gazette in support of his / her change of name.
11. How to Apply for OPSC Senior Teacher Educator Recruitment 2015 :
- Candidates must go through details of the Long Advertisement available in the Website of OPSC before filling up the online application form.
- Candidates must apply online through the concerned website of the OPSC http://opsconline,gov.in. Application received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily be rejected.
- Before filling up the online application form, the candidate must go through the following documents available at OPSC portal.
- Instructions to fill up online application.
- Guidelines for scanning and Uploading of Photograph, Full Signature & Left Thumb Impression.
- Candidates are required to upload the scanned image of latest passport size photograph along with scanned image of his / her full signature and scanned image of Left Thumb Impression ( LTI ) in the online application form. Uploaded photograph, specimen ( full ) signature and LTI must be clearly identifiable / visible, otherwise the application of the candidate is liable to be rejected by the Commission and no representation from the candidate will be entertained.
- Candidates should keep at least two copies of latest passport size photograph which is uploaded to the online application form for future use.
- On successful submission of the Online Application Form, a Unique Registration ID will be displayed on the screen as well as on the top of the application form. Candidates are required to note down the Unique Registration ID and use it in future correspondence.
- Thereafter the candidates who are required to pay the fee shall take a printout of online challan ( pay-in-slip ) for payment of requisite fee of 300/- ( three hundred ) only at any branch of State Bank of India ( SBI ). The Fee paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee be adjusted or held in reserve for any other examination or recruitment.
- Candidates are required to send the Printout / Hard copy of the filled in Online Application Form duly signed under the declaration alongwith required documents and certificates etc. ( as provided under para – 11 of this Advertisement ) by Registered Post / Speed Post / Courier Service to the Special Secretary, Odisha Public Service Commission, 19, Dr. P.K. Parija Road, Cuttack – 753 001 so as to reach the same in the OPSC on or before 08.10.2015.
The envelope containing the application must be superscribed “Application for the post of senior teacher educator”. Application received after the closing date shall not be entertained. The Commission will not take any responsibility if the application is not received in time.
- The candidates are advised to submit the Online Application well in advance without waiting for the closing date to avoid last hour rush.
- Certificate of admission to the examination / interview to the eligible candidates will be uploaded in the website of the OPSC prior to the date of examination or interview which will be published in the website and news paper. The candidates are required to download their Admission Certificate from the website of the Commission and produce the same for admission to the examination or interview. No separate correspondence will be made on this score.
12. Facilitation Counter :
During filling up the online application form, the candidate may contact facilitation counter of OCAC over Toll free Telephone number 18003456770 or 155335 in any working day between 10.30 A.M. to 1.30 P.M. & 2.00 P.M. to 5.00 P.M. In case of any guidance / information on advertisement & recruitment, candidates may contact the OPSC Facilitation Counter over Telephone No.0671-2304141/2305611 & Extn-207 or 223 in any working day between 10.30 A.M. to 1.30 P.M. & 2.00 P.M. to 5.00 P.M.
The candidates are required to visit the Website of the Commission at http://opsconline.gov.in and http://opsc.gov.in for detailed information about the programme of the examination / interview, notice regarding defective applications, rejection of applications and other important notice etc. and also keep track of publication of various notices to the effect in the leading local daily news papers for information.
Syllabus for Recruitment to Odisha Education Service, Class – II ( Senior Teacher Educator )
(I) General English : The paper will be of Graduate Degree standard earn maximum mark of 100, including 50 marks for an essay. The remaining 50 marks are intended to test the candidates understanding of and power to write English and the candidates thus will be required to write precis and letter on subjects.
(II) General Knowledge : The paper will carry a maximum mark of 100 an be designed to test the candidates knowledge of matters including current events and of such matters of every day observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made as study of any scientific subject. The paper will also include question on Indian History and Geography of a nature which the candidates should be able to answer without special study.
(III) Education : The paper on Education will be of Post-Graduate standards carrying maximum mark of 150. The subjects for this paper are as follows :
3.1. Philosophy of Education :
- Contemporary western educational thought & contemporary Indian educational thought.
- Education and society, social control, social change, process of socialization and modernization, determinants of culture, culture and education.
3.2. Educational Psychology.
- Concept, Nature and scope of learning.
- Theories of learning and laws of learning.
- Transfer and training.
- Motivation, functional autonomy of motive.
3.2.2 Individual Differences :
- Differences due to heredity & environment.
- Types and extent of individual differences.
- Educational provision for individual differences.
3.2.3 Intelligence – It’s nature and measurement, special abilities and their measurement – tests and their administration.
3.2.4 Personality and its Measurement
- Traits of personality.
- Measurement of personality.
- Mental health and adjustment.
- Conflict, frustrations and complexes.
- Defence mechanisms.
- Behaviour problems in schools.
- Teacher’s mental health.
3.3 Teacher Education
- Teacher Education with reference to University Education Commission 1948, Secondary Education Commission 1953, Kothari Commission 1964 – 1966, Chattopadhya Commission 1985 and Justice Verma Commission 2012.
- Teacher preparation and Teacher Development ( Pre-service and In-service Training of Teachers ).
- Centrally sponsored scheme of Teacher Education.
- Teacher Education system in the country and in the state: Structure, management, finances and programme.
3.4 Educational Administration and Supervision ( With Reference to School and Teacher Education )
- Scope of educational administration and the factors determining it.
- Principles of educational administration in a democracy.
3.4.2 Educational Control and Management
- Educational Authorities : Central, State and local, their organization, power & functions.
- Important central agencies such as U.G.C., N.C.E.R.T., NUEPA, NCTE, All India Council for Teacher Education.
3.4.3 Educational Supervision
- Concept, scope and principles.
- Process and techniques of supervision.
- Enabling supervision for school effectiveness.
3.4.4 Educational Finance :
- Concept, scope and principles.
- Source of Educational finance – Central, State, Local & Private, Public – Private – Partnership.
- Centrally sponsored programmes in Education.
- Educational Expenditure :
- Plan and Non-plan Expenditure.
- Optimum utilization of financial resources.
3.5 Educational Planning
- Concept and importance.
- Types of Planning : Centralized and decentralized.
- Planning for Inclusion : social category groups, gender and disability.
- Planning process.
- School-based planning.
3.6 Contemporary Developments in Education
- National Policy on Education 1986 / 1992.
- National Curriculum Framework, 2005.
- National Curriculum Framework for Teacher Education, 2009.
- Right of children to free and compulsory Education Act, 2009.
- NCTE Regulation 2014.