Special Recruitment of Assistant Section Officers of Governor’s Secretariat & State Secretariat.
Website : http://opsconline.gov.in
The Odisha Public Service Commission after careful consideration have decided to conduct the written examination tentatively on 26.07.2015 ( Sunday ) and 27.07.2015 ( Monday ) for Special recruitment to the post of Assistant Section Officer in ( Group ‘B’ ) of Odisha Governor’s Secretariat Service and Odisha Secretariat Service, as per the following programme. The above examination will be conducted at various centres in 05 ( five ) Zones i.e. Balasore, Berhampur, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack & Sambalpur.
10:00 A.M. to 11:00 A.M.
12:00 Noon to 1:00 P.M.
3:00 P.M. to 4:00 P.M.
|26.07.2015 ( Sunday )||English||Essay||General Awareness|
|27.07.2015 ( Monday )||Mathematics||Test of Reasoning & Mental Ability||Computer Application ( Theory )|
The detailed examination programme and Admission Certificate of the concerned eligible candidates and “Instruction to candidates” will be uploaded in the website of the Commission ( www.opsc.gov.in ) 15 days prior to the date of examination. The candidates are required to download their admission certificate and “Instruction to candidates” from the website of the Commission. No separate correspondence will be made on this score. The candidates are required to visit the website of the Commission at www.opsc.gov.in.
1. OPSC ASO Online Application Form 2015 will be available till 20.06.2015 by 11:59 P.M.
Odisha Public Service Commission Applications 2015 are invited Online through the Proforma Application to be made available on website ( http://opsconline.gov.in ) from 20.05.2015 to 20.06.2015 for special recruitment to 140 ( 03 – Governor’s Secretariat + 137 – State Secretariat ) posts of Assistant Section Officer in ( Group – B ) of Odisha Governor’s secretariat Service and Odisha Secretariat Service under Home Department in the scale of pay of 9300 – 34800/- carrying Grade Pay of 4200/- with usual Dearness and other Allowances as may be sanctioned by the Government of Odisha from time to time. The OPSC Assistant Section Officers posts are permanent.
2. OPSC Assistant Section Officers Vacancy Position 2015 : As per requisition filed by the Home Department, the OPSC ASO vacancy positions are given below :
1. Odisha Governor’s Secretariat Service
2. Odisha Secretariat Service
Note : The posts are reserved only for Scheduled Tribes of Odisha.
Out of the 137 vacancies of State Secretariat mentioned above, 04 ( Four ) vacancies are reserved for Ex-Servicemen, 01 ( one ) vacancies are reserved for Sports Person and 04 ( Four ) vacancies are reserved for Physically Handicapped Person.
- The candidates belonging to P.H / Ex-Servicemen / Sports Person, when selected as per reservation provided for them, shall be adjusted against the categories to which they belong.
- The functional classification and physical requirement for PH person are given below.
Physical Requirements Categories of Disabled Suitable for the Job
RW, S, SE, MF OL, BL, OA, HI, LV Note - [ RW - work performed by reading and writing, S - work performed by sitting ( on bench or chair ), SE - work performed by seeing, MF - work performed by manipulating ( with fingers ). ] Note - [ OL - One leg affected ( R and / or L ), BL - Both legs affected but not arms, OA - One arm affected ( R or L ) - (a) impaired reach; (b) weakness of grip; (c) ataxia, HI - Partially deaf, LV - Low vision ]
- In case of non-availability of eligible / suitable women candidate(s), the unfilled vacancies shall be filled up by eligible / suitable male candidate(s).
- The number of OPSC ASO vacancies 2015 to be filled up on the basis of Odisha Public Service Commission recruitment 2015 is subject to change by the Government without notice, depending upon administrative exigencies of public service at the discretion of the State Government.
3. Preference for Services / Exercise of Options :
Candidates will be required to indicate their choice of services ( mentioned at para 2 of the advt. ) in order of preference in the relevant boxes of the online application form for the OPSC ASO examination 2015. The Odisha Public Service Commission shall be competent to select the candidate to any of the above services / posts taking into consideration these preferences.
4. Age Limits for OPSC Assistant Section Officers 2015 :
A candidate shall be under 32 ( thirty-two ) years and above 21 ( twenty-one ) years of age on the 1st January, 2015 i.e. he / she must not have been born earlier than 2nd January, 1983 and not later than 1st January, 1994.
The upper age-limit is relaxable by 5 ( five ) years for candidates belonging to the categories of Scheduled Tribes ( S.T. ), Women, Ex-Servicemen and by 10 ( ten ) years for Physically Handicapped candidates.
Provided that in case a candidate who comes under more than one category mentioned above, he / she will be eligible for only one age relaxation benefit, which shall be considered most beneficial to him / her.
Save as provided above the age limits prescribed can in no case be relaxed.
Date of birth entered in the High School Certificate or equivalent certificate issued by the concerned Board / Council will be accepted by the Odisha Public Service Commission.
5. OPSC Assistant Section Officers Educational Qualification 2015 :
A candidate must posses a Bachelors Degree in any discipline from a recognized University; or possess such other qualification equivalent there to and must have adequate knowledge in computer application.