Odisha PSC Recruitment Exam 2016 for Assistant Law Officer
Odisha PSC Recruitment to the post of Assistant Law Officer, in Group – ‘B’ Service under Law Department :
1. Important Dates for Odisha PSC Jobs 2016 :
- Odisha PSC Asst Law Officer Online Application Form will be available till 04.01.2016 by 11:59 P.M.
- Last Date for Receipt of Odisha PSC Asst Law Officer Application Fee at any branch of State Bank of India ( SBI ) is 07.01.2016.
- Last Date for submission of print out / hard copy of Odisha PSC Asst Law Officer online application alongwith copies of specified certificates and documents is 15.01.2016 by 5.00 P.M.
Odisha PSC Asst Law Officer Applications are invited Online through the Proforma Application Form to be made available on the website ( http://opsconline.gov.in ) from 05.12.2016 to 04.01.2016. ( Note : 07.01.2016 is the last date for payment of application fee ) for recruitment to the posts of Assistant Law Officer in Group – B service under Law Department in the scale of pay of 9300 – 34800/- + Grade Pay of 4200/- with usual Dearness and other Allowances as may be sanctioned by the Government of Odisha from time to time. The posts are temporary but likely to be made permanent. The Online Application must be followed by submission of Hard Copy of the same along with copies of certificates by the last date i.e. 15.01.2016.
2. Odisha PSC Assistant Law Officer Vacancy Position 2016 : As per requisition filed by the Law Department, Government of Odisha, the vacancy position is given below :
|Category||No. of Posts|
Note : OPSC Asst Law Officer Vacancies reserved for ST candidates are only meant for ST candidates belonging to odisha.
3. OPSC Assistant Law Officer Educational Qualification 2016 : A candidate must have completed graduation in Law from a recognized University along with practice in Bar as an Advocate at least for a period of three years on the last date of application ( or ) have completed Graduation in Law from a recognized University along with experience of at least 12 years of service in any Group – C post in any Department of Government, other than the employees of Common cadre and must not be of more than 45 years old on the last date of application.
4. Age Limit for OPSC Assistant Law Officer 2016 : A candidate must be under 32 ( Thirty Two ) years and over 21 ( Twenty One ) years of age as on the 1st day of January, 2015. He / She must have been born not earlier than 2nd January 1983 and not later than 1st January 1994.
The upper age limit prescribed above is relaxable by 05 ( Five ) years for candidate belonging to Socially and Educationally Backward classes ( SEBC ) / S.C. / S.T. / Women / eligible Ex-Serviceman and by 10 ( Ten ) years for P.H. candidate whose disability should not be less than 40%.
Provided that a candidate who comes under more than one category mentioned above, shall be eligible for only one age relaxation benefit, which shall be considered most beneficial to him / her.
Save as provided above, the age limits prescribed can in no case be relaxed.
The date of birth entered in the High School certificate or equivalent certificate issued by the concerned Board / Council will only be accepted by the Commission.
5. OPSC Assistant Law Officer Application Fee 2016 :
A candidate is required to pay a non-refundable and non-adjustable fee of 300/- ( Rupees three hundred ) only. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe of Odisha and Physically Handicapped candidates [ whose disability is not less than 40% ( Forty Percent ) ] are exempted from payment of this fee.
6. OPSC Assistant Law Officer Plan of Examination 2016 :
- The OPSC Asst Law Officer examination will be conducted in following successive stages :
- OPSC Assistant Law Officer Written Examination.
- Viva Voce Test.
- The OPSC Asst Law Officer written examination will consist of 2 ( Two ) compulsory subjects and 3 ( Three ) optional subjects. Each of the compulsory subjects shall carry 150 marks with duration of two and half hours of examination and each of the optional subjects shall carry 200 marks with duration of three hours.
- The candidate who secure minimum qualifying marks in the written examination as may be fixed by the Commission will be called to appear at the Viva-Voce Test for 75 Marks.
7. Place of OPSC Assistant Law Officer Examination 2016 : The written examination will be held at, Cuttack.
8. Other Eligibility Conditions for OPSC Assistant Law Officer Vacancy 2016 :
- The candidate must be a citizen of India ;
- The candidate must be of (a) good moral character and (b) sound physical and mental health, good physique and active habits and free from organic defects or bodily infirmities ( except Physically Handicapped ) so as not to create an impairment in the due discharge of duties;
- The candidate shall be able to speak, read and write Odia fluently and must have passed at least an examination in Odia language equivalent to that of Middle English School standard conducted by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha; or the Education Department of Government of Odisha or any other Board or Council of Secondary Education approved by the Government of Odisha in support of passing of Odia Language Test ( M.E. School Standard );
- A candidate, who has more than one spouse living will not be eligible for appointment unless the State Government has exempted his / her case from operation of this limitation for any good and sufficient reasons;
- Government servants, whether temporary or permanent, are eligible to apply provided that they possess the requisite qualification and are within the prescribed age limit as provided under Para 3 to 4 of this advertisement. They must inform their respective Heads of Offices / Departments in writing regarding submission of their applications for this recruitment and obtain “No Objection Certificate”.
- If a candidate has at any time, been debarred for certain period / chances by the Odisha Public Service Commission or other State Public Service Commission or U.P.S.C. from appearing at any examination / interview, he / she will not be eligible for such recruitment for that specified period / chances ;
- Only those candidates, who possess the requisite qualification, experience are within the prescribed age limit and fulfil other eligibility conditions etc. by the closing date of online applications, will be considered eligible;
9. Other Conditions for OPSC Assistant Law Officer Recruitment 2016 :
- A candidate found guilty of seeking support for his / her candidature by offering illegal gratification or applying pressure on any person connected with the conduct of the recruitment process or found indulging in any type of malpractice in course of the selection or otherwise, shall, in addition to rendering himself / herself liable to criminal prosecution, be disqualified not only for the recruitment for which he / she is a candidate, but also may be debarred, either permanently or for a specified period, from any recruitment or selection to be conducted by the Commission;
- The provisions of the Odisha Conduct of Examination Act, 1988 ( Odisha Act – 2 of 1988 ) are applicable to the examinations conducted by the Odisha Public Service Commission;
- Applications submitted to the OPSC, if found to be incomplete in any respect are liable to rejection without entertaining any correspondence with the applicants on that score;
- Admission to the Viva Voce test will be provisional. If on verification at any stage before or after Viva Voce test, it is found that a candidate does not fulfil any of the eligibility conditions, his / her candidature will be liable to rejection. Decision of the Commission in regard to eligibility or otherwise of a candidate shall be final;
- This advertisement should not be construed as binding on the Government to make appointment.
- Concession meant for SCs, STs & SEBCs by birth are admissible to the Schedule Caste, Scheduled Tribes & Socially and Educationally Backward Classes of Odisha only;
- Candidates are required to take due care to annex with the copy of the Printout / Hard Copy of Online Application, the copies of certificates and other requisite documents as stated under Para – 11 of this advertisement.
- All persons appointed under the Government of Odisha on or after 1st January, 2005 shall not be eligible for pension as defined under sub rule (l) of Rule 3 of the Odisha Civil Service ( Pension ) Rules, 1992; but shall be covered by the defined Contribution Pension Scheme in accordance with the Odisha Civil Services ( Pension ) Amendment Rules, 2005;
- Any misrepresentation or suppression of information by the candidate in the Application Form, will result in cancellation of his / her candidature or penalty, as may be decided by the Commission, be imposed on the candidate.
- Mere empanelment in the select list shall not confer any right for appointment unless the Government is satisfied after making such enquiry as may be deemed necessary that the candidate is suitable in all respects for appointment to the Service.
- A candidate who claims change in his / her name after having passed the High School Certificate Examination or equivalent examination is required to furnish copy of publication of the changed name in the local leading daily news paper as well as copy of notification in the Odisha Gazette in support of his / her change of name.
10. How to Apply for OPSC Assistant Law Officer 2016 :
- Candidates must go through details of the Long Advertisement available in the Website of OPSC before filling up the online application form.
- Candidates must apply online through the concerned website of the OPSC http://opsconline.gov.in. OPSC Asst Law Officer Application received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily be rejected.
- Before filling up the online application form, the candidate must go through the following documents available at OPSC portal.
- Instructions to fill up online application.
- Guidelines for scanning and Uploading of Photograph, Full Signature & Left Thumb Impression.
- Candidates are required to upload the scanned image of latest passport size photograph along with scanned image of his / her full signature and scanned image of Left Thumb Impression ( LTI ) in the online application form. Uploaded photograph, specimen ( Full ) signature and LTI must be clearly identifiable / visible, otherwise the application of the candidate is liable to be rejected by the Commission and no representation from the candidate will be entertained.
- Candidates should keep at least two copies of latest passport size photograph which is uploaded to the online application form for future use.
- On successful submission of the Online Application Form, a Unique Registration ID will be displayed on the screen as well as on the top of the application form. Candidates are required to note down the Unique Registration ID and use it in future correspondence.
- Thereafter the candidates who are required to pay the fee shall take a printout of online challan ( Pay-in-Slip ) for payment of requisite fee of 300/- ( Three hundred ) only at any branch of State Bank of India ( SBI ). The Fee paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee be adjusted or held in reserve for any other examination or recruitment.
- Candidates are required to send the Printout / Hard copy of the filled in Online Application Form duly signed under the declaration alongwith required documents and certificates etc. ( as provided under para – 10 of this Advertisement ) by Registered Post / Speed Post / Courier Service to the the following address.
Odisha Public Service Commission,
19, Dr. P.K. Parija Road,
Cuttack – 753 001.
So as to reach the same in the OPSC on or before 15.01.2016.
The envelope containing the application must be superscribed “OPSC Asst Law Officer Application for the post of Assistant Law Officer. Application received after the closing date shall not be entertained. The Commission will not take any responsibility if the application is not received in time”.
- The candidates are advised to submit the Online Application well in advance without waiting for the closing date to avoid last hour rush.
- Certificate of admission to the examination / interview to the eligible candidates will be uploaded in the website of the OPSC prior to the date of examination or interview which will be published in the website and news paper. The candidates are required to download their Admission Certificate from the website of the Commission and produce the same for admission to the examination or interview. No separate correspondence will be made on this score.
11. Facilitation Counter :
During filling up the online application form, the candidate may contact facilitation counter of OCAC over Toll free Telephone number 18003456770 or 155335 in any working day between 10.30 A.M. to 1.30 P.M. & 2.00 P.M. to 5.00 P.M.
In case of any guidance / information on advertisement & recruitment, candidates may contact the OPSC Facilitation Counter over Telephone No. 0671 – 2304141 / 2305611 & Extn – 207 or 223 in any working day between 10.30 A.M. to 1.30 P.M. & 2.00 P.M. to 5.00 P.M.
The candidates are required to visit the Website of the Commission at http://opsconline.gov.in and http://opsc.gov.in for detailed information about the programme of the examination / interview, notice regarding defective applications, rejection of applications and other important notice etc. and also keep track of publication of various notices to the effect in the leading local daily news papers for information.
Appendix – A The OPSC Asst Law Officer written examination shall be on the following two compulsory subjects and three optional subjects. Each of the compulsory subjects shall carry 150 marks with duration of two and half hours of examination and each of the optional subjects shall carry 200 marks with duration of three hours.
1. Compulsory Papers
Paper – I
- General English Translation or re-translation of ten lines each : 50 marks.
- A short essay of about 150 words : 50 marks.
- Precise writing consisting of about 300 words : 25 marks.
- Comprehension 1 page about 300 words with 5 questions : 25 marks.
Paper – II
Procedural Laws :
- The Code of Criminal Procedure, 1973 : 50 marks.
- The Code of Civil Procedure, 1908 : 50 marks.
- The Indian Evidence Act, 1872 : 50 marks.
2. Optional Papers : A candidate may chose any of the 3 subjects among the following subjects :
1. Criminal Laws :
- Indian Penal Code, 1860 : 100 marks.
- Only Chapter VIII and Section 79, 84, 85, 86, 87, 88, of Chapter IX of Bihar and Odisha Excise Act, 1915 : 10 marks.
- Chapters IV, VI and VIII of Odisha Forest Act, 1972 : 10 marks.
- Chapters XIII of M.V. Act, 1988 : 10 marks.
- Chapters V, VI of Cattle Trespass Act, 1871 : 10 marks.
- Probation of Offenders Act, 1958 : 10 marks.
- Protection of Civil Right Act, 1955 : 10 marks.
- Prevention of Food Adulteration Act, 1954 : 40 marks.
2. Personal Law :
- Hindu Law : 100 marks.
- Mohammedan Law : 100 marks.
3. Law of Property :
- Transfer of Property Act, 1882 : 100 marks.
- Specific Relief Act, 1963 : 50 marks.
- Indian Limitation Act, 1963 : 50 marks.
4. Law of Contract and Torts :
- Indian Contract Act, 1872 : 100 marks.
- Law of Torts : 100 marks.
5. Commercial Law :
- The Companies Act, 1956 : 100 marks.
- Sale of Goods Act, 1930 : 40 marks.
- The Indian Partnership Act, 1932 : 40 marks.
- Negotiable Instruments Act, 1881 : 20 marks.
Note – A :
- A candidate shall answer the papers in English unless otherwise directed.
- The standard of papers shall be that of LL.B course prescribed by a recognized University in the state of Odisha and in respect of compulsory Paper – I it shall be a degree course.
B : Viva-Voce Test :
Viva-voce test shall carry seventy five marks. Questions to be asked in the viva-voce examination may not be outside the syllabus prescribed for the written examination.