Odisha PSC Recruitment Exam 2015 for Assistant Conservator
Odisha Public Service Commission,
Website : http://opsconline.gov.in.
Odisha PSC Recruitment of Assistant Conservator of Forests ( Group – A ) ( JB ) under Forest & Environment Department.
1. OPSC Assistant Conservator Online Application Form will be available till 30.09.2015 by 11:59 P.M.
2. Last Date for receipt of OPSC Assistant Conservator Application Fee at any branch of State Bank of India ( SBI ) is 03.10.2015.
3. The OPSC Assistant Conservator online application form if found defective in any respect are liable to be summarily rejected.
1. Odisha PSC Applications are invited Online through the Proforma Application Form to be made available on the website ( http://opsconline.gov.in ) from 01.09.2015 to 30.09.2015.
( Note : 03.10.2015 is the last date for payment of application fee ) for recruitment to 50 ( fifty ) to the posts of Assistant Conservator of Forests in ( Group – A ) ( JB ) under Forest & Environment Department in the pay scale of 15600 – 39100/- carrying Grade pay of 5400/- with usual Dearness and other allowances as may be sanctioned by the Government of Odisha from time to time.
2. OPSC Assistant Conservator Vacancy Position 2015 : As per requisition filed by the Forest & Environment Department, the vacancy position along with reservation thereof is given below :
|SI. No.||Category||No. of Posts|
|Total||50 ( 17 - Women )|
|1.||U.R.||25 ( 08 - Women )|
|2.||Scheduled Caste||08 ( 03 - Women )|
|3.||Scheduled Tribe||11 ( 04 - Women )|
|4.||S.E.B.C.||06 ( 02 - Women )|
- Out of the vacancies mentioned above, 01 ( one ) post is reserved for Ex-Serviceman and 01 ( one ) post is reserved for Sports person.
The candidates belonging to Ex-Servicemen / Sports person when selected as per reservation provided for them, shall be adjusted against the categories to which they belong.
- In case of non-availability of eligible / suitable Women candidate(s) belonging to the respective category, the unfilled vacancies of that category shall be filled up by eligible / suitable Male candidate(s) of the same category.
- The Exchange of reservation between SC & S.T. will not be considered.
At present, only online application are invited from candidates for admission to written examination. After declaration of result of written examination the candidate who qualify, will be required to submit the printout / hard copy of online application form, along with the photocopies of the other documents as stated under para – 11 .of this advertisement, on or before the date to be notified later, for consideration of their eligibility.
3. Age Limit for OPSC Assistant Conservator 2015 : A candidate must be under 32 ( thirty two ) years and above 21 ( twenty one ) years of age as on the 1st day of January 2015. i.e. he / she must have been born not earlier than 2nd January 1983 and not later than Ist January 1994.
The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 ( five ) years for candidates belonging to the categories of Schedule Caste ( SC ), Scheduled Tribe ( S.T. ), Socially and Educationally Backward Classes ( SEBC ), Women and Ex-Servicemen.
Provided that in case a candidate who comes under more than one category mentioned above, he / she will be eligible for only one age relaxation benefit, which shall be considered most beneficial to him / her.
Save as provided above, the age limits prescribed can in no case be relaxed.
The date of birth entered in the High School certificate or equivalent certificate issued by the concerned Board / Council will only be accepted by the Commission.
4. OPSC Assistant Conservator Educational Qualification 2015 : A candidate must have possessed Bachelor’s Degree from a recognized University or Institution in India with at least one of the following subjects namely, Botany, Chemistry, Geology, Mathematics, Physics, Statistics, Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry and Zoology or a Bachelor’s Degree in Agriculture, Forestry or in Engineering.
5. OPSC Assistant Conservator Physical Standard 2015 : Candidates, who qualify in the written test, shall confirm to the following physical standard and test for being selected by the Commission, namely :
- A male candidate shall not be less than 163 cm in height and shall have chest measurement of at least 84 cm expendable to at least 89 cm.
- A female candidate shall not be less than 150 cm in height and shall have chest measurement of at least 79 cm expendable to at least 84 cm.
- The candidates must pass the following physical endurance test of walking :
- Male : 25 Kms in four hours.
- Female : 16 Kms in four hours.
Note : The Commission / Government shall not be responsible for any injury during the test.
6. OPSC Assistant Conservator Application Fee 2015 : A candidate is required to pay a non-refundable and non-adjustable fee of 300/- ( Rupees three hundred ) only. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe of Odisha only are exempted from payment of this fee.
7. OPSC Assistant Conservator Method of Selection 2015 : The selection of candidates for recruitment to the post will consist of. the following successive stages :
- Written Examination – 1400 Marks.
- Physical Test.
- Viva Voce Test – 150 Marks.
Note : The Commission will short-list the candidates to be called for viva voce test to a reasonable number taking into consideration the marks secured in the written examination above the cutoff point to be fixed by the Commission & the candidates who qualify in the Physical test.
The Physical test of qualified candidate of examination would be carry out by the Principal Chief Conservator of Forest.
The Plan of Examination and Broad outlines of the syllabi for the said examination are enclosed at Appendix – I.
8. Place of OPSC Assistant Conservator Examination 2015 : The written examination will be held at Cuttack. It may also be held at Bhubaneswar / Balasore / Berhampur / Sambalpur depending on the number of candidates from the respective zone.
The candidates are to mention their choice of Examination Zone at appropriate place in the online application form.
9. Other Eligibility Conditions for OPSC Assistant Conservator Jobs 2015 :
- The candidate must be a citizen of India;
- The candidate must be of good mental condition, bodily healthy and free from any physical defect likely to interfere with the discharge of his / her duties in the service.
- The candidate must be able to speak, read and write Odia fluently and must have passed: at least an examination in Odia language equivalent to that of Middle English School standard conducted by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha; or the Education Department of Government of Odisha or any other Board or Council of Secondary Education approved by the Government of Odisha Or passed in Odia language subject in the final examination of Class VII or above from any school affiliated to CBSE or ICSE recognized by Government of Odisha or the Government of India in support of passing of Odia Language Test of M.E. School standard;
- A candidate, who has more than one spouse living will not be eligible for appointment unless the State Government has exempted his / her case from operation of this limitation for any good and sufficient reasons;
- Government servants, whether temporary or permanent, are eligible to apply provided that they possess the requisite qualification and are within the prescribed age-limit as provided under Para – 3 and 4 of this advertisement. They must inform their respective Heads of Offices in writing regarding submission of their applications for this recruitment and obtain “No Objection Certificate”.
- If a candidate has at any time, been debarred for certain period / chance(s) by the Odisha Public Service Commission or other State Public Service Commission or U.P.S.C. from appearing at any examination / interview, he / she will not be eligible for such recruitment for that specified period / chance(s);
- Only those candidates, who fulfil the requisite qualification & are within the prescribed age limit etc. by the closing date of receipt of online application, will be considered eligible;
10. Other Conditions for OPSC Assistant Conservator Vacancy 2015 :
- A candidate found guilty of seeking support for his / her candidature by offering illegal gratification or applying pressure on any person connected with the conduct of the recruitment process or found indulging in any type of malpractice in course of the selection or otherwise, shall, in addition to rendering himself / herself liable to criminal prosecution, be disqualified not only for the recruitment for which he / she is a candidate, but also may be debarred, either permanently or for a specified period, from any recruitment or selection to be conducted by the Commission;
- The provisions of the Odisha Conduct of Examination Act, 1988 ( Odisha Act – 2 of 1988 ) are applicable to the examinations conducted by the Odisha Public Service Commission;
- Online applications submitted to OPSC if found to be incomplete in any respect are liable to rejection without entertaining any correspondence with the applicants on that score;
- Admission to examination / viva-voce will be provisional. If on verification at any stage before or after the examination / viva voce, it is found that a candidate does not fulfil all the eligibility conditions, his / her. candidature will be liable to rejection. Decision of the Commission in regard to eligibility or otherwise of candidate shall be final.
- This advertisement should not be construed as binding on the Government to make appointment.
- Every Assistant Conservator of Forest on his / her first appointment to the service shall be on probation for a period of two years from the date he / she actually joins in the post. The appointment can be terminated on one months notice from either side without assigning any reason thereof.
- Concessions meant for S.C., S,T. & SEBC by Birth are admissible to the Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and Socially & Educationally Backward Classes of Odisha only;
- Candidates who will qualify in the written examination are required to take due care to annex with the printout / hard copy of online applications, the copies of certificates and other documents as stated under Para – 11 of this advertisement.
- No one will be admitted to the examination unless he / she holds a certificate of admission uploaded in the website of OPSC. The eligible candidate may down load their admission certificate from the website of Commission and produce the same before the Centre Supervisor for admission to the Examination Centre;
- All persons appointed under the Government of Odisha on or after 1st January, 2005 shall not be eligible for pension as defined under sub-rule(l) of Rule – 3 of the Odisha Civil Service ( Pension ) Rules, 1992; but shall be covered by the defined Contribution Pension Scheme in accordance with the Odisha Civil Services ( Pension ) Amendment Rules, 2005;
- Any misrepresentation or suppression of information by the candidate in the online application, will result in cancellation of this candidature or penalty, as decided by the Commission be imposed on the candidate.
- Mere empanelment in the select list shall not confer any right for appointment unless the Government is satisfied after making such enquiry as may be deemed necessary that the candidate is suitable in all respects for appointment to the Service.
11. How to Apply for OPSC Assistant Conservator Recruitment 2015 :
- Candidates must go through this Advertisement available in the Website of OPSC before filling up the online application form.
- Candidates must apply online through the concerned website of the OPSC http://opsconline,gov.in. Application received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily be rejected.
- Before filling up the online application form, the candidate must go through the following documents available at OPSC portal.
- Instructions to fill up online application.
- Guidelines for scanning and Uploading of Photograph, Full Signature & Left Thumb Impression.
- Candidates are required to upload the scanned image of latest passport size photograph along with scanned image of his / her full signature and scanned image of Left Thumb Impression ( LTI ) in the online application form. Uploaded photograph, specimen ( full ) signature and LTI must be clearly identifiable / visible, otherwise the application of the candidate is liable to be rejected by the Commission and no representation from the candidate will be entertained.
- Candidates should keep at least two copies of latest passport size photograph which is uploaded to the online application form for future use.
- The candidates are required to take a printout of the finally submitted Online Application Form for future use and take a printout of Online Challan ( Pay-in-Slip ) for payment of requisite fee at any branch of State Bank of India ( SBI ). The Fee(s) paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee(s) be adjusted or held in reserve for any other examination or recruitment.
- On successful submission of Application Form, an Unique Registration ID will be displayed on the screen as well as on the top of the application form. Candidates are required to note down the Unique Registration ID and use it in future correspondence.
- At present, only online application are invited from candidates for admission to written examination. After declaration of result of written examination the candidate who qualify are required to send the Printout / Hard copy of the Online Application Form along with specified documents / certificates etc. as provided under para – 11 of this advertisement along with OPSC copy of Challan showing payment of examination fee, by Registered Post / Speed Post / Courier Service to the Special Secretary, Odisha Public Service Commission, 19, Dr. P.K. Parija Road, Cuttack – 753 001 so as to reach the same in OPSC on or before the prescribe date ( which will be declared after publication of written examination ). The SC / ST candidates are not required to enclose the copy of challan showing payment of fee.
The envelope containing the application must be superscribed “Application for the post of Assistant Conservator of Forest”. Application received after the closing date shall not be entertained. The Commission will not take any responsibility if the application is not received in time.
- The candidates are advised to submit the Online Application well in advance without waiting for the closing date to avoid last hour rush.
- Certificate of Admission to the Examination, Physical Test or Interview to the eligible candidates will be uploaded in the Website of OPSC prior to the date of examination, Physical Test or interview which will be published in the Website and News paper. The candidates are required to download their Admission Certificate from Website. No separate correspondence will be made on this score.
12. Facilitation Counter :
During filling up the online application form, the candidate may contact facilitation counter of OCAC over Telephone No 1800 345 6770 . or 155335 for any technical guidance only on working days. Regarding difficulty in payment of fee, if any, the candidates may contact SBI over Telephone No. 0671-2368267 & 9437039604.
In case of any guidance / information on advertisement and recruitment, candidates may contact the O.P.S.C. Facilitation Counter over Telephone No.0671-2304141/ 2305611 & Extn.-218 in any working day between 10.30 A.M. to 1.30 P.M. & 2.00 P.M. to 5.00 P.M.
The candidates are required to visit the Website of the Commission at www.opsc.gov.in for detailed information about the programme of the examination(s), interview, notice regarding rejection of applications, other important notices etc. and also keep track of publication of various notices to the effect in the leading local daily news papers for information.
OPSC Assistant Conservator Plan of Examination :
1. The OPSC Assistant Conservator written examination shall be on the following papers, two compulsory and four optional papers carrying 300 marks and 200 marks each respectively with a duration of three hours :
|Paper - I||General English||300 Marks|
|Paper - II||General Knowledge||300 Marks|
|Paper - III||First Optional ( Paper - I )||200 Marks|
|Paper - IV||First Optional ( Paper - II )||200 Marks|
|Paper - V||Second Optional ( Paper - I )||200 Marks|
|Paper - VI||Second Optional ( Paper - II )||200 Marks|
2. List of Optional Subjects : A candidate shall select any two subjects from the following and each subject shall have two papers :
- Agriculture Engineering.
- Veterinary Science & Animal Husbandry.
- Chemical Engineering.
- Civil Engineering.
- Mechanical Engineering.
Provided that the candidates will not be allowed to offer the following combination of subjects :
- Agriculture and Agricultural Engineering.
- Agriculture and veterinary science and Animal Husbandry.
- Chemistry and Chemical Engineering.
- Mathematics and Statistics.
- Of the engineering subjects viz Agricultural Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Civil Engineering and Mechanical Engineering not more than one subject.
3. The Standard of papers in General English and General Knowledge will be such as may be expected of a Science or Engineering Graduate of an Indian University.
4. The Scope of the syllabus for optional subject papers for the examination is broadly of the Honours Degree level i.e. A Level Higher than be Bachelors Degree and lower than the Masters Degree. In the case of engineering subjects, the level corresponds to the Bachelors Degree.
5. There shall be no practical examination in any of the subjects.
- If two or more candidates obtain equal marks in the aggregate, the order of merit shall be determined in accordance with the highest marks secured in the interview. In case the marks in the interview of the candidates concerned are also equal then the order of merit shall be decided in accordance with the highest marks obtained by such candidates in the aggregate in the compulsory subject.
- The question papers in all subjects may be put in English only except in language papers and reply may be permitted in English or Odia in descriptive papers, according to the choice of the candidate. The candidate will specify the option of language in the application form. No candidate will be permitted to use more than one language in the same answer script.
- The Commission shall summon for interview of all the candidates who have appeared at the written test and have secured minimum qualifying marks to be prescribed by the Commission at their discretion.
- There is no time limit for interview.
- If a candidate’s handwriting is not legible a deduction which may be to the extent of ten per centum of marks otherwise occurring to him in a paper may be made.
- From the mark assigned to candidate in each subject such deduction may be made as the Commission may consider necessary in order to ensure that no credit is allowed for merely superficial knowledge.
- Credit shall be given to orderly, effective and exact expression combined with due economy of words in all subjects of the examination.