Odisha PSC Recruitment 2014 for Education Service II
Recruitment to the post of Odisha Education Service II ( School Branch ), Group ‘B’.
|Online Application Form will be available till 10.10.2014 by 11:59 P.M.|
|Last Date for Receipt of Application Fee at any Branch of State Bank of India ( SBI ) is 14.10.2014.|
|Last Date for Receipt of Print Out / Hard Copy of Online Application alongwith Copies of Requisite Certificates and Documents is 24.10.2014 by 5.00 P.M.|
1. Applications are invited Online through the Proforma Application Form to be made available on the website ( http://opsconline.gov.in ) from 09.09.2014 to 10.10.2014. ( Note : 14.10.2014 is the last date for payment of application fee ) for recruitment to the posts of Odisha Education Service II ( School Branch ), Group ‘B’ as per the Odisha Education Service, Class II ( Recruitment to the School Branch ) Rules, 1971 and Amendment Rules 2001 under School and Mass Education Department in the pay scale of 9,300/- – 34,800/- carrying Grade pay of 4,600/- with usual Dearness and other allowances as may be sanctioned by the Government of Odisha from time to time.
2. OPSC Education Service II Vacancy Position 2014 :
|Sl.No.||Category||Category-wise No. of Vacancies||Category-wise Reservation for Women|
|2.||Scheduled Caste ( S.C.)||18||06|
|3.||Scheduled Tribe ( S.T. )||12||04|
|4.||Socially & Educationally Backward Class ( S.E.B.C. )||15||05|
- Out of the vacancies mentioned above, 3 ( Three ) posts are reserved for Physically Handicapped persons. i.e
i. PWD ( Blind ) – 1 ( One )
Having Low vision / partially blind
ii. PWD ( Deaf ) – 1 ( One )
iii. PWD ( O.H ) – 1 ( One )
- Both Legs affected, but not arms
- Both arms affected :
- Weakness of Grip.
- One Leg affected, One arm affected
- Impaired reach.
- Weakness of grip.
3 ( three ) posts for Ex-Servicemen and 1 ( One ) post for sports Persons are reserved which will be adjusted against the categories to which they belong.
- In case of non-availability of eligible / suitable women candidates belonging to the respective category, the unfilled vacancies of that category shall be filled up by eligible / suitable male candidates of the same category.
- Exchange of reservation between SC and ST will not be considered.
- The number of vacancies to be filled up on the basis of this recruitment is subject to change by the Government without notice, depending upon administrative exigencies of public Service at the discretion of the State Government.
3. OPSC Education Service II Educational Qualification 2014 :
A candidate must have possessed
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Humanities ( Arts ) or Sciences or Commerce with a Master’s Degree in Education; or
- A Master’s Degree in Humanities ( Arts ) or Sciences or Commerce with a Bachelor’s Degree in Education; or
- A B.A. ( Hons ), B.Ed., or B.Sc. ( Hons ), B.Ed. Degree on successful completion of the integrated course from a Regional College of Education with a Master’s Degree in Humanities ( Arts ) or Science.
4. Age Limit for OPSC Education Service II 2014 : A candidate must be under the age of 32 years & above the age of 21 years as on the 1st day of August, 2014, i.e. he / she must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1982 and not later than 1st August, 1993. The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 ( five ) years for the candidates belonging to the categories of S.C.,S.T., Socially & Educationally Backward Classes ( S.E.B.C. ), Women, Ex-Servicemen and by 10 ( ten ) years for Physically Handicapped candidates. Provided that a candidate who comes under more than one category mentioned above, shall be eligible for only one age relaxation benefit, which shall be considered most beneficial to him / her.
Save as provided above, the age limits prescribed can in no case be relaxed.
The date of birth entered in the High School certificate or equivalent certificate issued by the concerned Board / Council will only be accepted by the Odisha Public Service Commission.
5. OPSC Education Service II Examination Fee 2014 : A candidate is required to pay a non-refundable and non-adjustable fee of 300/- ( Rupees three hundred ) only. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe of Odisha and Person with disability [ whose disability is not less than 40% ( forty percent ) ] are exempted from payment of this fee.
6. Plan of OPSC Education Service II Examination 2014 :
- The OPSC Education Service II examination 2014 will be conducted in following successive stages :
- Written Examination.
- Viva Voce Test.
- The written examination for OPSC Education Service II 2014 will consist of three papers, one each on General English, General Knowledge and Education. Each paper will be of two hours duration. The candidates are required to answer the papers in English unless otherwise directed. The details of syllabus and marks for the various papers are set out in the Annexure ( enclosed ).
- The candidate who secure such minimum qualifying marks in the OPSC Education Service II written examination 2014 as may be fixed by the Odisha Public Service Commission, will be called to appear at the OPSC Education Service II Viva-Voce Test for 150 Marks.
7. Place of OPSC Education Service II Examination 2014 : The OPSC Education Service II written examination 2014 will be held at Balasore, Berhampur, Bhubaneswar, Cuttack and Sambalpur depending on the number of candidates from the respective zone. In case sufficient number of candidates are not available for any of the Zones of Balasore, Berhampur, Bhubaneswar and Sambalpur, the candidates opting for those Zones will be accommodated at Cuttack. The candidates are to mention their choice of Examination Zones at appropriate place in the Online Application Form.
8. Other Eligibility Conditions :
- The candidate must be a citizen of India;
- The candidate must be able to speak, read and write Odia and must have passed either the Middle School standard language test in Odia conducted by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha or the Matriculation ( Class X / 10th standard ) Examination with ‘Odia’ as a subject.
- The candidate must have good character and satisfactory antecedents as revealed by the Police Verification.
- The candidate must have sound health / good physique, active habits and free from organic defects or bodily / mental infirmity.
- A candidate who has more than one spouse living, will not be eligible for appointment unless the State Government has exempted his / her case from operation of this limitation for any good and sufficient reasons;
- He must possess a good character as certified by two responsible citizens of India, one of whom must be a Government Servant not below Group ‘B’ service.
- If a candidate has at any time been debarred for a certain period / chance(s) by the Odisha Public Service Commission or other State Public Service Commission or U.P.S.C. from appearing at any Examination / Interview, he / she will not be eligible for such recruitment for that specified period / chance(s);
- Government servants whether temporary or permanent, are eligible to apply provided that they possess the requisite qualification and are within the prescribed age – limit as provided under para 3 and 4 of the advertisement. They must inform their respective Heads of office in writing regarding submission of their applications for this recruitment and obtain “No objection Certificate”.
- Only those candidates, who fulfil the requisite qualification and are within the prescribed age limit etc. by the closing date of receipt of Online Applications, will be considered eligible.
- Every candidate selected for appointment shall be examined by the Medical Board. A candidate, who fails to satisfy the Medical Board, shall not be appointed;
9. Other Conditions
- The provision of the Odisha conduct of Examination Act, 1988 ( Odisha Act 2 of 1988 ) are applicable to the examinations conducted by the Odisha Public Service Commission.
- A candidate found guilty of seeking support for his / her candidature by offering illegal gratification or applying pressure or any person connected with the conduct of the recruitment process or found indulging in any type of Malpractice in course of the selection or otherwise, shall, in addition to rendering himself / herself liable to criminal prosecution, be disqualified not only for the recruitment for which he / she is a candidate, but also may be debarred, either permanently or for a specified period, from any recruitment or selection to be conducted by the Odisha Public Service Commission.
- Online Applications submitted to the OPSC, if found incomplete in any respect are liable to rejection without entertaining any correspondence with the applicants on that score.
- Admission to Examination / Viva Voce Test will be provisional. If on verification at any stage before or after the Viva-Voce Test, it is found that a candidate does not fulfil all the eligibility conditions, his / her candidature shall be liable to rejection. Decision of the Odisha Public Service Commission in regard to the eligibility or otherwise of a candidate shall be final;
- Odisha Public Service Commission advertisement should not be construed as binding on the Government to make appointment;
- Concession meant for S.C., S.T. and S.E.B.C. by birth are admissible to the Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Socially & Educationally Backward Classes of Odisha only.
- Candidates are required to take due care to annex with the copy of the Print out / Hard copy of Online Application, the copies of certificates and other requisite documents as stated under para 10 of Odisha PSC advertisement.
- No one will be admitted to the examination unless he / she holds a certificate of admission. The certificate of admission will be uploaded in the website of the Odisha Public Service Commission prior to the date of examination / interview. The candidates are required to download the admission certificates & produce the same for admission to the examination / interview. No separate admission certificate will be sent to the candidates.
- All persons appointed under the Government of Odisha on or after 1st January, 2005 shall not be eligible for pension as defined under sub-rule (1) of rule 3 of the Odisha Civil Service ( Pension ) Rules, 1992; but shall be covered by the new structured defined contribution Pension Scheme in accordance with the Odisha Civil Services ( Pension ) Amendment Rules, 2005.
- Any misrepresentation or suppression of information by the candidate in the Online Application Form or in the hard copy of application will result in cancellation of his / her candidature or penalty, as may be decided by the Odisha Public Service Commission.
- Mere empanelment in the select list shall not confer any right for appointment unless the Government is satisfied after making such enquiry as may be deemed necessary that the candidate is suitable in all respects for appointment to the service;
- A candidate who claims change in his / her name after having passed the High School Certificate Examination or equivalent examination, is required to furnish copy of publication of the changed name in local leading daily news paper as well as copy of notification in the Odisha Gazette in support of his / her change of name.
- Certificates of character and conduct from the Principal / Proctor / Dean or Professor in charge of a department of Teaching of the College or university in which he / she last studied.
10. How to Apply for OPSC Education Service II Jobs 2014 :
- Candidates must go through details of Odisha PSC Advertisement 2014 before filling up the online application form.
- Candidates must apply online through the website of OPSC http://opsconline.gov.in. Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily rejected.
- Before filling up the OPSC Education Service II online application form 2014, the candidates must go through the following documents available at OPSC portal.
- Instructions to fill up the online application form for OPSC Education Service II;
- Guidelines for scanning and Uploading of Photograph, Full Signature and Left Thumb Impression.
- Candidates are required to upload the scanned image of latest passport size photograph along with scanned image of his / her full signature and scanned image of Left Thumb Impression ( LTI ) in the Online Application Form. The uploaded photograph, full signature and LTI must be clearly identifiable / visible, otherwise the application of the candidate is liable to be rejected by the Odisha Public Service Commission and no representation from the candidate will be entertained.
- Candidates should keep at least 2 copies of the latest passport size photograph which is uploaded on the online application form for future use.
- On successful submission of the OPSC Education Service II Online Application Form, a Unique Registration ID will be displayed on the screen as well as on the top of the application form. Candidates are required to take a printout of the finally submitted online application form and put his / her signature under the Declaration for submission to O.P.S.C. along with copies of requisite certificates and documents.
- Thereafter, the candidates who are required to pay the fee shall take a printout of Online Challan ( Pay-in-Slip ) for payment of requisite fee of 300/- ( Three hundred ) only at any branch of State Bank of India ( SBI ). The Fee paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee be adjusted or held in reserve for any other examination or recruitment.
- Candidates are required to send the Printout / Hard copy of the filled in Online Application duly signed under the declaration along with copies of required certificates and documents etc., as provided under para-10 of Odisha PSC Advertisement, available in the website and the OPSC copy of Challan showing payment of Application Fee, by Registered Post / Speed Post / Courier Service to the following address so as to reach the same in the office of the OPSC on or before 24.10.2014.
Odisha Public Service Commission,
19, Dr.P.K.Parija Road,
Cuttack – 753 001.
The envelope containing the printout / hard copy of the Online Application along with requisite certificates and documents must be superscribed “Application for the post of Odisha Education Service II ( School Branch ) Group B”. Application received after the closing date shall not be entertained. The Odiha Public Service Commission will not take any responsibility if the Application is not received in time.
- The candidates are advised to submit the Online Application well in advance without waiting for the closing date to avoid last hour rush.
- Certificate of admission to the examination / interview to the eligible candidates will be uploaded in the website of the OPSC prior to the date of examination or interview which will be published in the website and news paper. The candidates are required to download their Admission Certificate from the website of the Odisha Public Service Commission and produce the same for admission to the examination or interview. No separate correspondence will be made on this score.
11. Facilitation Counter :
For any technical guidance on filling up of online application, the candidates may contact facilitation counter of O.C.A.C. over Toll free No. 18003456770 or 155335 between 10.30. A.M. to 1.30 P.M. and 2.00 P.M. to 5.00 P.M. on any Odisha Government working day. Regarding difficulty in payment of fee, if any, the candidates may contact SBI over Telephone No. 0671-2368267 and 9437039604. In case of any guidance / information on Odisha PSC advertisement and recruitment, candidates may contact the O.P.S.C. Facilitation Counter over Telephone No. 0671-2304141 / 2305611 & Extn.-207 on any working day between 10.30 A.M. to 1.30 P.M. & 2.00 P.M. to 5.00 P.M. The candidates are required to visit the website of the Odisha Public Service Commission at http://opsconline.gov.in and http://opsc.gov.in for detailed information about the programme of the examination / interview, notice regarding defective applications, rejection of applications and other important notice etc. and also keep track of publication of various notices to the effect in the leading local daily news papers for information.
OPSC Education Service II Exam Syllabus 2014 :
Syllabus of the subjects of Competitive Examination for recruitment to Odisha Education Service, class II ( School Branch ).
A. General English : The paper will be of Graduate Degree standard carrying a maximum mark of 100, including 50 marks for an essay. The remaining 50 marks are intended to test the candidates understanding of and power to write English and the candidates thus will be required to write precis and letter on given subjects.
B. General Knowledge : The paper will carry a maximum mark of 100 and will be designed to test the candidates knowledge of matters including current events and of such matters of every day observation and experience in their scientific aspects as may be expected of an educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific subject. The paper will also include question on Indian History and Geography of a nature which the candidates should be able to answer without special study.
C. Education : The paper on Education will be of Post-Graduate standards carrying maximum mark of 150. The subjects for this paper are as follows :
A. Philosophy of Education
- Contemporary western educational thought & contemporary Indian educational thought.
- Education and society, social control, social change, process of socialization and modernization, determinants of culture, culture and education.
B. Educational Psychology
- Nature and scope of learning
- Theories of learning and laws of learning
- Transfer and training
- Motivation, functional autonomy of motives
- Individual differences
- Differences due to heredity & environment
- Types and extent of individual differences
- Educational provision for individual differences
- Intelligence – It’s nature and measurement, special abilities and their measurement – tests and their administration.
- Personality and its measurement
- Traits of personality
- Measurement of personality
- Mental health and adjustment
- Conflict, frustrations and complexes
- Defence mechanisms
- Behaviour problems in schools
- Teacher’s mental health
C. Educational Administration and Supervision
- Scope of educational administration and the factors determining it.
- Principles of educational administration in a democracy.
- Education control and management
- Educational authorities, Central, State and Local, their organization , powers & functions.
- Important central agencies such as U.G.C., N.C.E.R.T., All India Council for Technical Education.
- Concept, scope and principles
- Planning and Organization
- Educational Finance
- Concept, scope and principles
- Sources of income, Central, State, Local & Private
- Educational expenditure
- Planning, organization and research
- Five year plans
- Equality of educational opportunity
- Education of handicapped children
- Research in educational administration