Odisha PSC Recruitment 2015 for Associate Professor
Recruitment to the post of Associate Professor in Psychiatric Social Work & Assistant Professor in Psychiatric Social Work in Group – ‘A’ and Psychiatric Social Worker in Group – ‘B’ of State Service for Mental Health Institute, S.C.B. Medical College & Hospital, Cuttack under Health & Family Welfare Department.
Website : www.opsconline.gov.in or www.opsc.gov.in
Important Dates for OPSC Associate Professor Jobs 2015 :
- Last Date for Submission of Online Application Form is 04.06.2015 by 11:59 P.M.
- Last Date for Receipt of Application Fee at any Branch of State Bank of India ( S.B.I. ) is 06.06.2015.
- Last Date for Receipt of Print Out / Hard Copy of Online Application alongwith copy of specified documents / certificates is 16.06.2015 by 5.00 P.M.
1. Odisha PSC applications are invited Online from the eligible candidates through the proforma Application to be made available on website ( http://opsconIine.gpv.in ) from 05.05.2015 to 04.06.2015 ( Note : 06.06.2015 is the last date for payment of application fees ) for recruitment to the posts of Associate Professor in Psychiatric Social Work & Assistant Professor in Psychiatric Social Work in Group-’A’ of State Service and Psychiatric Social Worker in Group-’B’ of State Service for Mental Health Institute, SCB Medical College & Hospital, Cuttack as per revised guidelines of R.C.I. Rules, 2009 under Health & Family Welfare Department. The post is temporary and likely to be permanent.
2. OPSC Vacancy Position 2015 : As per requisition filed by the Health & Family Welfare Department, the vacancy position along with reservation thereof and scale of pay are given below :
|SI. No.||Name of the Post||No. of Post||Scale of Pay|
|1.||Associate Professor in Psychiatric Social Work||UR-1||37,400/- - 67,000/- + AGP 9,000/- with usual D.A. and other allowances.|
|2.||Assistant Professor in Psychiatric Social Work||UR-1||15,600/- - 39,100/- + AGP 8,000/- with usual D. A. and other allowances.|
|3.||Psychiatric Social Worker||UR-2||9,300/- - 34,800/- + AGP 4,600/- with usual D. A. and other allowances.|
The number of vacancies for Odisha PSC to be filled up on the basis of Associate Professor recruitment is subject to change by Government without notice depending upon administrative exigencies at the discretion of the State Government.
3. Educational Qualification for OPSC Associate Professor 2015 : The details of discipline-wise qualification for the post of Professor and Associate Professor are mentioned below :
|SI. No.||Name of the Post||Academic Qualification||Teaching Experience||Research Publications|
|1.||Associate Professor in Psychiatric Social Work||At least 55% in M.A. / M.Sc. Degree in Sociology or Social Work from any Govt. / UGC recognized Institution. M. Phil in Psychiatric Social Work from any Govt. / UGC recognized Institution. Ph.D. in Psychiatric Social Work / Sociology / Applied Psychology / Rehabilitation Psychology / Psychiatry from any Govt. / UGC recognized Institution.||5 years teaching experience either as Lecturer or as Assistant Professor from any Govt. / UGC recognized Institution.||Three re-search publications in indexed journal as first / corresponding author.|
|2.||Assistant Professor in Psychiatric Social Work||At least 55% in M.A. / M.Sc. Degree in Sociology or Social Work from any Govt. / UGC recognized Institution. M. Phil in Psychiatric Social Work from any Govt. / UGC recognized Institution.||Two years teaching experience either as Lecturer or as Psychiatric Social Worker from any Govt. / UGC recognized Institution.||Two re-search publications in indexed journal as first / corresponding author.|
|3.||Psychiatric Social Worker||At least 55% in M.A. / M.Sc. Degree in Sociology or Social Work from any Govt. / UGC recognized Institution. M. Phil in Psychiatric Social Work from any Govt. / UGC recognized Institution.||Two years teaching experience either as Lecturer or as Psychiatric Social Worker from any Govt. / UGC recognized Institution.||Two re-search publications in indexed journal as first / corresponding author.|
4. Age Limit for OPSC Associate Professor 2015 : The age limit for calculation of age as on 1st January, 2015 is mentioned below.
- Associate Professor in Psychiatric Social Work : above 21 years and under 50 years.
- Assistant Professor in Psychiatric Social Work : above 21 years and under 45 years
- Psychiatric Social Worker :above 21 years and under 32 yearsDate of birth entered in the High School Certificate or equivalent certificate issued by the concerned Board/Council will only be accepted by the OPSC Commission.
5. Odisha PSC Application Fee 2015 : A candidate is required to pay a non-refundable and non-adjustable fee of 200/- ( Rupees two hundred ) only. Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe of Odisha and Person with disability [ whose disability is not less than 40% ( forty percent ) ] are exempted from payment of this fee.
6. Method of Selection for Odisha PSC 2015 : The selection of candidates for recruitment to the posts will be made on the basis of career Assessment and Viva Voce test. The OPSC Commission at their discretion may short-list the candidates to a reasonable number, for conducting interview by making a preliminary selection on the basis of evaluation of their academic career taking into account the requisite minimum educational qualification.
7. Other Eligibility Conditions for Odisha PSC Recruitment 2015 :
- The candidate must be a citizen of India;
- The candidate must be of (a) good moral character, and (b) sound health, good physique and active habits and free from organic defects or bodily infirmity so as not to create an impairment in the due discharge of duties;
- The candidate must be able to speak, read and write Odisha fluently and must have passed at least an examination in Odisha language equivalent to that of Middle English School Standard conducted by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha; or the Education Department of Government of Odisha or any other Board or Council of Secondary Education approved by the Government of Odisha in support of passing of Odisha Language Test ( M.E. School standard );
- A candidate, who has more than one spouse living, will not be eligible for appointment unless the State Government has exempted his / her case from operation of this limitation for any good and sufficient reasons;
- Government servants, whether temporary or permanent, are eligible to apply provided that they possess the requisite qualification and are within the prescribed age-limit as provided under Para-3 & 4 of the Advertisement. They must inform their respective Heads of Offices / Departments in writing regarding submission of their applications for this recruitment and obtain “No Objection Certificate” :
- If a candidate has at any time, been debarred for a certain period / chance(s) by the Odisha Public Service Commission or other State Public Service Commission or U.P.S.C. from appearing at any examination / interview, he / she will not be eligible for such recruitment for that specified period / chance(s);
- Only those candidates, who possess the requisite qualification, within the prescribed age limit and fulfill other eligibility conditions etc. by the closing date of receipt of online application, will be considered eligible;
- A candidate who claims change in his / her name after having passed the H.S.C. Examination, is required to furnish copy of publication of the changed name in the local leading daily news paper as well as copy of notification in the Odisha Gazette in support of his / her change of name.
- Every candidate selected for appointment shall be examined by the Medical Board. A candidate, who does not satisfy the requirement after medical examination, shall not be appointed;
8. Other Conditions for Odisha PSC Recruitment 2015 :
- A candidate found guilty of seeking support for his / her candidature by offering illegal gratification or applying pressure on any person connected with the conduct of the recruitment process or found indulging in any type of malpractice in course of the selection or otherwise, shall, in addition to rendering himself / herself liable to criminal prosecution, be disqualified not only for the recruitment for which he / she is a candidate, but also may be debarred, either permanently or for a specified period, from any recruitment or selection to be conducted by the Odisha PSC Commission;
- The provisions of the Odisha Conduct of Examination Act 1988 ( Odisha Act-2 of 1988 ) are applicable to the examination conducted by the Odisha Public Service Commission.
- OPSC Applications submitted to OPSC if found to be incomplete in any respect are liable to rejection without entertaining any correspondence with the applicants 011 that score:
- Admission to OPSC Examination / interview will be provisional. If on verification at any stage before or after the examination / interview, it is found that a candidate does not fulfil all the eligibility conditions, his / her candidature will be liable to rejection. Decision of the OPSC Commission in regard to eligibility or otherwise of candidate shall be final.
- Odisha PSC advertisement should not be construed as binding on the Government to make appointment;
- Concessions meant for S.C., S.T. & SEBC by Birth are admissible to the Scheduled Caste, Scheduled Tribe and Socially & Educationally Backward Classes of Odisha only;
- Candidates are required to take due care to annex with the printout / hard copy of online applications, the copies of certificates and other requisite documents as stated under Para-9 of OPSC advertisement.
- All persons appointed under the Government of Odisha on or after 1st January, 2005 shall not be eligible for pension as defined under Sub-rule(l) of Rule-3 of the Odisha Civil Service ( Pension ) Rules, 1992; but shall be covered by the defined Contribution Pension Scheme in accordance with the Odisha Civil Services ( Pension ) Amendment Rules, 2005.
- Any misrepresentation or suppression of information by the candidate in the online application and in the hard copy of application, will result in cancellation of his / her candidature or penalty, as decided by the Odisha PSC Commission will be imposed 011 the candidate.
- Mere empanelment in the select list shall not confer any right for appointment unless the Government is satisfied after making such enquiry as may be deemed necessary that the candidate is suitable in all respects for appointment to the service.
9. How to Apply for Odisha PSC Recruitment Jobs 2015 :
- Candidate must go through OPSC Advertisement available in the Website of OPSC before filling up online application.
- Candidates must apply online through the website http://opsconline.gov.in. Applications for OPSC received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily rejected.
- Before filling up the online application form for OPSC, the candidates must go through the following documents available at OPSC portal.
- Instruction to fill up online application for Odisha PSC Jobs 2015.
- Guideline for scanning and Uploading of Photograph, Full Signature & Left Thumb Impression.
- Candidates are required to upload the scanned image of latest passport size photograph along with scanned image of his / her full signature and scanned image of Left Thumb Impression ( L.T.I. ) in the online application form. Uploaded photograph, specimen ( full ) signature and L.T.I. must be clearly identifiable / visible, otherwise the application of the candidate is liable to be rejected by the OPSC Commission and no representation from the candidate will be entertained.
- Candidates should keep at least 2 copies of latest passport size photograph which is uploaded 011 the OPSC online application form for future use.
- While filling up the relevant box of the online application form, the candidate has to mention details of marks ( minus extra optional ) secured in Annual examination leading to award of Degree.
- On successful submission of the Online Application Form, a Unique Registration ID will be displayed on the screen as well as on the top of the application form. Candidates are required to take a printout of the finally submitted online application form and put his / her signature under the Declaration for submission to O.P.S.C. along with copies of requisite certificates and documents.
- Thereafter, the candidates who are required to pay the fee shall take a printout of Online Challan ( Pay-in-Slip ) for payment of requisite fee of 200/- ( Rupees two hundred ) only at any branch of State Bank of India ( SBI ). The Fee paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee be adjusted or held in reserve for any other examination or OPSC recruitment.
- Candidates are required to send the Printout / Hard copy of the filled in Online Application duly signed under the declaration along with copies of required certificates and documents etc., as provided under Para-9 of this Advertisement, copy of Challan showing payment of Application Fee, by Registered Post / Speed Post to the Special Secretary, Odisha Public Service Commission, 19, Dr. P.K. Parija Road, Cuttack – 753 001 so as to reach the same in the office of the OPSC on or before 16.06.2015.
The envelope containing the printout / hard copy of the Online Application for OPSC along with requisite certificates and documents must be super scribed “Associate Professor in Psychiatric Social Work / Assistant Professor in Psychiatric Social Work / Psychiatric Social Worker”. Odisha PSC application received after the closing date shall not be entertained. The Commission will not take any responsibility if the Application is not received in time.
- The candidates are advised to submit the OPSC Online Application well in advance without waiting for the closing date to avoid last hour rush.
- Certificate of admission to the examination / interview to the eligible candidates will be uploaded in the website of the OPSC prior to the date of examination or interview which will be published in the website and news paper. The candidates are required to download their Admission Certificate from the website of the Commission and produce the same for admission to the examination or interview. No separate correspondence will be made on this score.
10. Facilitation Counter and Website for Guidance of Candidates :
For any technical guidance on filling up of OPSC online application, the candidates may contact facilitation counter of O.C.A.C. over Toll free No. 1800 345 6770 or 155335 between 10.30. A.M. to 1.30 P.M. and 2.00 P.M. to 5.00 P.M. on any Odisha Government working days.
Regarding difficulty in payment of fee, if any, the candidates may contact SBI over Telephone No. 0671-2368267 and 9437039604.
In case of any guidance / information on Odisha PSC advertisement and recruitment, candidates may contact the O.P.S.C. Facilitation Counter over Telephone No. 0671-2304141 / 2305611 and Extn.-227 on any working day between 10.30 A.M. to 1.30 P.M. & 2.00 P.M. to 5.00 P.M.
The candidates are required to visit the Website of the OPSC Commission at www.opsc.online.gov.in / www.opsc.gov.in for detailed information about the programme of the interview, notice regarding rejection of OPSC applications; other important notices etc. and also keep track of publication of various notices to the effect in the leading local daily news papers for information.