Odisha PSC Recruitment 2016 for Assistant Fisheries Officer
Odisha Public Service Commission,
Website : http://opsconline.gov.in.
Odisha PSC Recruitment to the post of Assistant Fisheries Officer, Group-B ( Backlog Vacancies for SC / ST / SEBC ) under Fisheries & A.R.D Department.
|Gujarat PSC online applications Shall be available in the website from 20th May, 2016 to 10th June, 2016 till 11:59 P.M.|
|Last Date for receipt of GPSC application fee at any S.B.I. Branch is 17th June, 2016.|
|Last Date for Submission of Print Out / Hard Copy of Online Application Form alongwith Copy of Specified Documents / Certificates is 25th June, 2016 till 5.00 P.M. Cuttack Secretary, Dated. 11th May, 2016 Odisha Public Service Commission, Cuttack.|
1. Odisha PSC applications are invited online through the proforma Application Form to be made available on the website ( http://opsconlinc.gov.in ) from 20th May, 2016 to 10th June, 2016 ( Note : 17th June, 2016 is the last date for payment of application fee ) for recruitment to the posts of Assistant Fisheries Officer, Group-B ( Backlog Vacancies for SC/ST/SEBC ) as per the Odisha Fisheries Service, Group- ‘A’ & ‘B’ ( Recruitment & Conditions of Service ) Rules, 2013 under Fisheries & A.R.D. Department, in the pay scale of 9,300-34,800/- carrying Grade pay of 4600/- with usual Dearness and other allowances as may be sanctioned by the Government of Odisha from time to time. The posts are temporary and likely to be made permanent.
Odisha PSC online application must be followed by submission of Hard Copy of the same along with copies of certificates by the last date i.e. 25th June, 2016
2. Odisha PSC Vacancy Position 2016 : As per requisition filed by the Fisheries & A.R.D. Department, Government of Odisha, the vacancy ( Backlog for SC/ST/SEBC ) position is given below :-
|SI. No.||Category||No. of Vacancies|
|Total||53 ( 17- w )|
|1.||S.E.B.C.||13 ( 04-w )|
|2.||Scheduled Caste||12 ( 04-w )|
|3.||Scheduled Tribe||28 ( 09-w )|
Out of the total 53 number of vacancies ( Backlog for SC/ST/SEBC ) mentioned above, 01 ( one ) vacancy is reserved for Physically Handicapped ( O.H. ), 01 ( one ) vacancy is reserved for Ex-Servicemen and 01 ( one ) vacancy is reserved for Sports Person. Candidates belonging to P.H., Ex-Servicemen and Sports Persons shall be adjusted against the categories to which they belong.
- In case of non-availability or availability of insufficient number of eligible / suitable women candidates, the vacancies or the remaining vacancies reserved for women candidates shall be filled up by male candidates.
- Exchange of reservation between Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe will not be considered.
- The number of vacancies to be filled up on the basis of this recruitment is subject to change by Government without notice depending upon the exigencies of public service at the discretion of the State Government.
3. OPSC Assistant Fisheries Officer Educational Qualification 2016 : A candidate must have possessed a Bachelor’s Degree in Fishery Science ( B.F.Sc. ) from a recognised University in India or abroad.
4. Age Limit for OPSC Assistant Fisheries Officer 2016 : A candidate must be under 32 ( thirty two ) years and above 21 ( twenty one ) years of age on the 1st day of January, 2016, i.e. he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd January, 1984 and not later than 1st January, 1995.
The upper age limit prescribed above shall be relaxed by 5 ( five ) years for candidates belonging to the categories of Scheduled Castes (S.C), Scheduled Tribes (S.T.), Socially & Educationally Backward Classes ( S.E.B.C. ), Women, Ex-servicemen and by 10 (ten) years for candidates belonging to Physically Handicapped category, whose disability should not be less than 40%.
Provided that, a candidate who comes under more than one category mentioned above, he/she will be eligible for only one upper age relaxation benefit, which shall be considered most beneficial to him/her.
Save as Provided above the age Limits Prescribed can in no case be Relaxed.
Date of birth entered in the High School Certificate or equivalent certificate issued by the concerned Board / Council will only be accepted by the Commission.
5. OPSC Assistant Fisheries Officer Application Fee 2016 : A candidate is required to pay a non-refundable and non-adjustable fee of 200/- ( Rupees Two Hundred only ). Candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste and Scheduled Tribe of Odisha and Physically Handicapped candidate whose disability is not less than 40 % (forty Percent) are exempted from payment of this fee.
6. OPSC Assistant Fisheries Officer Method of Selection 2016 : The selection of candidates for recruitment to the posts will be made on the basis of career assessment and Viva Voce Test. The Commission at their discretion may short-list the candidates to a reasonable number for conducting viva voce test by making a preliminary selection on the basis of evaluation of their academic career taking into account the requisite minimum educational qualification.
7. Other Eligibility Conditions for OPSC Assistant Fisheries Officer 2016 :
- The candidate must be a citizen of India;
- The candidate must be of :
- good moral character and
- sound physical and mental health, good physique and active habits and free from organic defects or bodily infirmities ( except Physically Handicapped ) so as not to create an impairment in the due discharge of duties;
- The candidate shall be able to speak, read and write Odia fluently and
- must have passed middle school examination with Odia as a language subject or
- passed matriculation or equivalent examination with Odia as medium of examination in non-language subject or
- passed in Odia as language subject in the final examination of class VII from a school or educational institution recognized by the Govt, of Odisha or the Central Government, or
- passed a test in Odia in Middle English School Standard conducted by the School & Mass Education Department
- A candidate, who has more than one spouse living will not be eligible for appointment unless the State Government has exempted his/her case from operation of this limitation for any good and sufficient reasons;
- Government servants, whether temporary or permanent, are eligible to apply provided that they possess the requisite qualification and are within the prescribed age limit as provided under Para 3 and 4 of this advertisement. They must inform their respective Heads of Offices / Departments in writing regarding submission of their applications for this recruitment and obtain “No Objection Certificate”.
- IIf a candidate has at any time, been debarred for certain period / chance(s) by the Odisha Public Service Commission or other State Public Service Commission or U.P.S.C. from appearing at any examination / interview, he/she will not be eligible for such recruitment for that specified period / chance(s);
- Only those candidates, who possess the requisite qualification, are within the prescribed age limit and fulfill other eligibility conditions etc. by the closing date of receipt of online applications, will be considered eligible;
8. Other Conditions for OPSC Assistant Fisheries Officer 2016 :
- A candidate found guilty of seeking support for his/her candidature by offering illegal gratification or applying pressure on any person connected with the conduct of the recruitment process or found indulging in any type of malpractice in course of the selection or otherwise, shall, in addition to rendering himself/herself liable to criminal prosecution, be disqualified not only for the recruitment for which he/she is a candidate, but also may be debarred, either permanently or for a specified period, from any recruitment or selection to be conducted by the Commission;
- The provisions of the Odisha Conduct of Examination Act, 1988 ( Odisha Act-2 of 1988 ) are applicable to the examinations conducted by the Odisha Public Service Commission;
- Applications submitted to the OPSC, if found to be incomplete in any respect are liable to rejection without entertaining any correspondence with the applicants on that score;
- Admission to the Viva Voce test will be provisional. If on verification at any stage before or after Viva Voce test, it is found that a candidate does not fulfill any of the eligibility conditions, his / her candidature will be liable to rejection. Decision of the Commission in regard to eligibility or otherwise of a candidate shall be final;
- This advertisement should not be construed as binding on the Government to make appointment.
- Concession meant for SCs , S.Ts & SEBCs by birth are admissible to the Schedule Caste, Scheduled Tribes & Socially and Educationally Backward Classes of Odisha only;
- The period of probation is two years with effect from the date he/she actually joins the post;
- Candidates are required to take due care to annex with the copy of the Printout / Hard Copy of Online Application, the copies of certificates and’ other requisite documents as stated under Para – 9 of this advertisement.
- All persons appointed under the Government of Odisha on or after 1st January, 2005 shall not be eligible for pension as defined under sub-rule(l) of Rule – 3 of the Odisha Civil Service ( Pension ) Rules, 1992; but shall be covered by the defined Contribution Pension Scheme in accordance with the Odisha Civil Services ( Pension ) Amendment Rules, 2005;
- Any misrepresentation or suppression of information by the candidate in the Application Form, will result in cancellation of his / her candidature or penalty, as may be decided by the Commission, be imposed on the candidate.
- Mere empanelment in the select list shall not confer any right for appointment unless the Government is satisfied after making such enquiry as may be deemed necessary that the candidate is suitable in all respects for appointment to the Service.
- A candidate who claims change in his/her name after having passed the High School Certificate Examination or equivalent examination is required to furnish copy of publication of the changed name in the local leading daily news paper as well as copy of notification in the Odisha Gazette in support of his/her change of name.
9. OPSC Assistant Fisheries Officer How to Apply 2016 :
- Candidate must go through this Advertisement available in the Website of OPSC before filling up online application form.
- Candidates must apply online through the concerned website http://opsconline.gov.in Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily rejected.
- Before filling up the online application form, the candidates must go through the following documents available at OPSC portal.
- Instructions to fill up online application.
- Guidelines for scanning and Uploading of Photograph, Full Signature & Left Thumb Impression.
- Candidates are required to upload the scanned image of latest passport size colour photograph along with scanned image of his / her full signature and scanned image of Left Thumb Impression ( L.T.I. ) in the online application form. The Uploaded photograph, specimen ( full ) signature and L.T.I. must be clearly identifiable / visible, otherwise the application of the candidate is liable to be rejected by the Commission and no representation from the candidate will be entertained.
- Candidates should keep at least 2 copies of latest passport size photograph which is uploaded on the online application form for future use.
- On successful submission of the Online Application Form, a Unique Registration ID will be displayed on the screen as well as on the top of the application form. Candidates are required to note down the Unique Registration ID and use it in future correspondence.
- Thereafter, the candidates who are required to pay the fee shall take a printout of Online Challan ( Pay-in-Slip ) for payment of requisite fee of 200/- ( Rupees two hundred ) only at any branch of State Bank of India ( SBI ). The Fee paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee be adjusted or held in reserve for any other examination or recruitment.
- Candidates are required to send the Printout / Hard copy of the Online Application Form alongwith specified documents and certificates etc. as provided under para – 9 of this detailed Long Advertisement by Registered Post / Speed Post / Courier Service to the following address so as to reach the same in the office of the OPSC on or before 25th June, 2016.The Special Secretary,
Odisha Public Service Commission,
19, Dr. P.K. Parija Road,
Cuttack – 753 001.The envelope containing the application must be superscribed “Application for the post of Assistant Fisheries Officer”. Application received after the closing date shall not be entertained. The Commission will not take any responsibility if the application is not received in time.
- The candidates are advised to submit the Online Application well in advance without waiting for the closing date to avoid last hour rush.
- Intimation letter for the interview to the eligible candidates will be uploaded in the website of the O.P.S.C. prior to the date of viva voce test / interview which will be published in the website and news-paper. The candidates are required to download their Intimation letter from the website of the Commission. No separate correspondence will be made on this score.
10. Facilitation Counter : During filling up the online application form, the candidate may contact facilitation counter of OCAC over Toll free Telephone number 18003456770 or 155335 in any working day between 10.30 A.M. to 1.30 P.M. & 2.00 P.M. to 5.00 P.M.
In case of any guidance / information on OPSC advertisement and recruitment, candidates may contact the O.P.S.C. Facilitation Counter over Telephone No. 0671-2304141 / 2305611 and Extn. – 207 or 223 in any working day between 10.30 A.M. to 1.30 P.M. & 2.00 P.M. to 5.00 P.M.
The candidates are required to visit the Website of the Odisha Public Service Commission at http://opsc.gov.in for detailed information about rejection of applications, defects in the applications, the date of interview and also keep track of publication of various notices to this effect in the leading local daily newspapers for information.