Odisha PSC Recruitment 2014 for Assistant Agriculture Engineer
Special Recruitment to the post of Assistant Agriculture Engineer in Group – B of Odisha Agricultural Engineering Service under Agriculture Department.
|Online Application Form will be available till 10.10.2014 by 11:59 P.M.|
|Last Date for Receipt of print out / hard copy of online application alongwith copy of specified documents / certificates is 20.10.2014 by 5.00 p.m.|
1. Odisha PSC applications 2014 are invited Online through the proforma Application Form to be made available on the website( http://opsconline.gov.in ) from 09.09.2014 to 10.10.2014 for Special Recruitment to the posts of Assistant Agriculture Engineer in Group B of Odisha Agricultural Engineering Service under Agriculture Department, in the pay scale of 9,300 – 34,800/- carrying Grade pay of 4600 with usual Dearness and other allowances as may be sanctioned by the Government of Odisha from time to time.
2. OPSC Assistant Agriculture Engineer Vacancy Position 2014 : As per requisition filed by the Agriculture Department, Govt. of Odisha the vacancy position is given below :
|Sl.No.||Category||No. of Vacancies|
|1.||Scheduled Tribe||20 ( 07 - W )|
- Out of the OPSC Assistant Agriculture Engineer vacancies mentioned above, 01 ( One ) post is reserved for Ex-Servicemen, 01 ( One ) post is reserved for Physically Handicapped i.e. for person suffering from Blindness or low vision – ( 1st sub-category ).
- In case of non-availability or availability of insufficient number of eligible / suitable women candidates, the vacancies or the remaining vacancies reserved for women candidates shall be filled up by male candidates.
3. OPSC Assistant Agriculture Engineer Educational Qualification 2014 : A candidate must have possessed a Bachelor’s Degree in Agricultural Engineering from any of the recognized Universities in India.
4. Age Limit for OPSC Assistant Agriculture Engineer 2014 : A candidate must be under 32 ( thirty-two ) years and above 21 ( twenty-one ) years of age as on the 1st day of August 2014.i.e. he / she must have been born not earlier than 2nd August 1982 and not later than 1st August 1993.
The upper age-limit prescribed above is relaxable by 5 ( five ) years, for candidates belonging to the categories of Scheduled Tribe ( S.T. ), Women, Ex-Servicemen & by 10 ( ten ) years for candidates belonging to P.H. [ Physical Handicapped ( Blindness or Low vision ) ] category. Provided that, a person who comes under more than one category mentioned above, shall be eligible for only one benefit of upper age relaxation, which shall be considered most beneficial to him / her.
Save as provided above, the age limits prescribed can in no case be relaxed.
The date of birth entered in the High School Certificate or equivalent certificate issued by the concerned Board / Council will only be accepted by the Odisha Public Service Commission.
5. OPSC Assistant Agriculture Engineer Application Fee 2014 : Candidates belonging to Scheduled Tribe of Odisha only are exempted from payment of OPSC Assistant Agriculture Engineer fee.
6. Method of OPSC Assistant Agriculture Engineer Selection 2014 :
The selection for of candidates for recruitment to the OPSC Assistant Agriculture Engineer posts will be made on the basis of career marks and Viva Voce Test. The Odisha Public Service Commission at their discretion may short-list the candidates to a reasonable number for conducting viva voce test by making a preliminary selection on the basis of evaluation of their academic career taking into account the requisite minimum educational qualification.
7. Other Eligibility Conditions :
- The candidate must be a citizen of India;
- The candidate must be of (a) good moral character and (b) sound physical and mental health, good physique and active habits and free from organic defects or bodily infirmities ( except Physically Handicapped ) so as not to create an impairment in the due discharge of duties;
- The candidate shall be able to speak, read and write Odia fluently and must have passed at least an examination in Odia language equivalent to that of Middle English School standard conducted by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha; or the Education Department of Government of Odisha or any other Board or Council of Secondary Education approved by the Government of Odisha in support of passing of Odia Language Test ( M.E. School Standard );
- A candidate, who has more than one spouse living will not be eligible for appointment unless the State Government has exempted his / her case from operation of this limitation for any good and sufficient reasons;
- Government servants, whether temporary or permanent, are eligible to apply provided that they possess the requisite qualification and are within the prescribed age limit as provided under Para 3 and 4 of OPSC advertisement 2014. They must inform their respective Heads of Offices / Departments in writing regarding submission of their applications for OPSC recruitment and obtain “No Objection Certificate”.
- If a candidate has at any time, been debarred for certain period / chance(s) by the Odisha Public Service Commission or other State Public Service Commission or U.P.S.C. from appearing at any examination / interview, he / she will not be eligible for such recruitment for that specified period / chance(s);
- Only those candidates, who possess the requisite qualification, within the prescribed age limit and fulfil other eligibility conditions etc. by the closing date of receipt of OPSC Assistant Agriculture Engineer applications 2014, will be considered eligible;
8. Other Conditions :
- A candidate found guilty of seeking support for his / her candidature by offering illegal gratification or applying pressure on any person connected with the conduct of the recruitment process or found indulging in any type of malpractice in course of the selection or otherwise, shall, in addition to rendering himself / herself liable to criminal prosecution, be disqualified not only for the recruitment for which he / she is a candidate, but also may be debarred, either permanently or for a specified period, from any recruitment or selection to be conducted by the Odisha Public Service Commission;
- The provisions of the Odisha Conduct of Examination Act, 1988 ( Odisha Act-2 of 1988 ) are applicable to the examinations conducted by the Odisha Public Service Commission;
- Online Applications submitted to the OPSC, if found to be incomplete in any respect are liable to rejection without entertaining any correspondence with the applicants on that score;
- Admission to the OPSC Assistant Agriculture Engineer Viva Voce test will be provisional. If on verification at any stage before or after Viva Voce test, it is found that a candidate does not fulfil any of the eligibility conditions, his / her candidature will be liable to rejection. Decision of the Odisha Public Service Commission in regard to eligibility or otherwise of a candidate shall be final;
- Odisha OSC advertisement 2014 should not be construed as binding on the Government to make appointment.
- Concession meant for S.Ts by birth are admissible to the Scheduled Tribes of Odisha only;
- The period of probation is two years with effect from the date he / she actually joins the post;
- Candidates are required to take due care to annex with the copy of the Printout / Hard Copy of Online Application, the copies of certificates and other requisite documents as stated under para 9 of Odisha PSC advertisement.
- All persons appointed under the Government of Odisha on or after 1st January, 2005 shall not be eligible for pension as defined under sub-rule(1) of Rule 3 of the Odisha Civil Service ( Pension ) Rules, 1992; but shall be covered by the defined Contribution Pension Scheme in accordance with the Odisha Civil Services ( Pension ) Amendment Rules, 2005;
- Any misrepresentation or suppression of information by the candidate in the Online Application Form, will result in cancellation of his / her candidature or penalty, as may be decided by the Odisha Public Service Commission, be imposed on the candidate.
- Mere empanelment in the select list shall not confer any right for appointment unless the Government is satisfied after making such enquiry as may be deemed necessary that the candidate is suitable in all respects for appointment to the Service.
- A candidate who claims change in his / her name after having passed the High School Certificate Examination or equivalent examination is required to furnish copy of publication of the changed name in the local leading daily news paper as well as copy of notification in the Odisha Gazette in support of his / her change of name.
10. How to Apply for OPSC Assistant Agriculture Engineer 2014 :
- Candidates must go through Detailed Long Advertisement available in the website of OPSC before filling up the OPSC Assistant Agriculture Engineer online application form 2014.
- Candidates must apply online through the concerned website of the OPSC http://opsconline.gov.in. OPSC Assistant Agriculture Engineer Application 2014 received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily be rejected.
- Before filling up the OPSC Assistant Agriculture Engineer online application form 2014, the candidate must go through the following documents available at OPSC portal.
- Instructions to fill up online application.
- Guidelines for scanning and Uploading of Photograph, Full Signature & Left Thumb Impression.
- Candidates are required to upload the scanned image of latest passport size photograph along with scanned image of his / her full signature and scanned image of Left Thumb Impression ( LTI ) in the online application form. Uploaded photograph, specimen ( full ) signature and LTI must be clearly identifiable / visible, otherwise the application of the candidate is liable to be rejected by the Odisha Public Service Commission and no representation from the candidate will be entertained.
- Candidates should keep at least two copies of latest passport size photograph which is uploaded to the online application form for future use.
- On successful submission of the OPSC Assistant Agriculture Engineer Online Application Form, a Unique Registration ID will be displayed on the screen as well as on the top of the application form. Candidates are required to note down the Unique Registration ID and use it in future correspondence.
- Candidates are required to send the Printout / Hard copy of the Online Application Form along with specified documents and certificates etc. as provided under para 9 of this Detailed Long Advertisement by Registered Post / Speed Post / Courier Service to the following address so as to reach the same in the OPSC on or before 20.10.2014.
Odisha Public Service Commission,
19, Dr. P.K. Parija Road,
Cuttack – 753 001.
The envelope containing the application must be superscribed “Application for the post of Assistant Agriculture Engineer” ( For ST candidates only ). OPSC Assistant Agriculture Engineer Application received after the closing date shall not be entertained. The Odisha Public Service Commission will not take any responsibility if the application is not received in time.
- The candidates are advised to submit the Online Application well in advance without waiting for the closing date to avoid last hour rush.
- Intimation letter for the OPSC Assistant Agriculture Engineer interview to the eligible candidates will be uploaded in the website of the O.P.S.C. prior to the date of viva voce test / interview which will be published in the website and news-paper. The candidates are required to download their Intimation letter from the website of the Odisha Public Service Commission. No separate correspondence will be made on this score.
11. Facilitation Counter :
During filling up the online application form, the candidate may contact facilitation counter of OCAC over Toll free Telephone number 18003456770 or 155335 in any working day between 10.30 A.M. to 1.30 P.M. & 2.00 P.M. to 5.00 P.M. In case of any guidance / information on advertisement & recruitment, candidates may contact the OPSC Facilitation Counter over Telephone No.0671-2304141/2305611 & Extn-207 or 223 in any working day between 10.30 A.M. to 1.30 P.M. & 2.00 P.M. to 5.00 P.M. The candidates are required to visit the website of the Odisha Public Service Commission at http://opsc.gov.in for detailed information about rejection of applications, defects in the applications, the date of interview and also keep track of publication of various notices to this effect in the leading local daily newspapers for information.