- A candidate must not be below 23 ( twenty-three ) years of age and not above 35 ( thirty-five ) years of age on the 1st August, 2015 and he / she must not have been born earlier than the 2nd August, 1980 and not later than the 1st August, 1992.
- The upper age limit for Odisha OJS Exam prescribed above will be relaxable up to a maximum of ( five ) years in case of the candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes ( S.C. ), Scheduled Tribes ( S.T. ), Socially and Educationally Backward Classes ( S.E.B.C. ), Women and Orthopaedically Handicapped ( O.H. );
- The Odisha OJS Exam maximum age limit in respect of Departmental candidates is not more than 39 ( thirty-nine ) years as per eligibility as mentioned under Para-5 of the Odisha PSC Advertisement.
- A candidate who comes under more than one category mentioned above, shall be eligible for only one age relaxation benefit, which shall be considered most beneficial to him / her. Save as provided above, the age limits prescribed can in no case be relaxed. The date of birth entered in the High School Certificate or equivalent Certificate issued by the concerned Board / Council will be accepted by the Odisha Public Service Commission.
Note – 1 : Candidates should also note that once the date of birth has been entered in the records of the Orissa PSC Commission for the purpose of admission to an examination, no change will be allowed subsequently on any ground whatsoever.
Note – 2 : The candidates should exercise due care while entering the date of birth under the respective box of the online application form for the OJS preliminary written examination. If, on verification at any subsequent stage, any variation is found in the date of birth from the one entered in their High School Certificate or equivalent certificate, disciplinary action will be taken against them by the Orissa Public Service Commission.
5. Educational Qualification and Experience for Odisha OJS Exam 2015 :
- A candidate must be a Graduate in Law of a University or Institution recognized by the Government.
- A Superintendent or a Ministerial Officer in the High Court or any Civil or Criminal Court sub-ordinate to the High Court or an Assistant Law Officer or Translator of the Law Department of Government, shall also be eligible for appearing at the Competitive Examination for recruitment to the posts of Civil Judges in Odisha Judicial Service, if he / she is a Graduate in Law of a University recognized by the Government, has approved service in the High Court or in any Civil or Criminal Court sub-ordinate to the High Court or in the Law Department of not less than seven years by the last date fixed for submission of OJS online applications for the said Competitive Examination, has been recommended by the respective appointing authority; and is not more than 39 ( thirty nine years ) of age on the 1st August, 2015. ‘Approved Service’ for this purpose means qualifying service as defined in the Odisha Civil Service ( Pension ) Rules, 1992.
- While submitting certificates / documents along with the printout / hard copy of the online application form, as required at Para-8, a candidate of the above category should furnish necessary evidence to the effect that his / her case has been recommended by the competent authority and that he / she satisfies the aforesaid conditions of eligibility.
6. Other Eligibility Conditions for Odisha PSC Exam 2015 :
- A candidate must be a citizen of India;
- He / She must be of good character and of sound health and free from any organic defects and physical infirmity ( not applicable in case of Orthopaedically Handicapped );
- He / She must be able to speak, read and write Odia fluently and must have passed an examination in Odia Language equivalent to that of Middle English School standard ( i.e. Class / Standard-VII ) within the last date.
- A person, who has more than one spouse living will not be eligible for appointment unless the State Government has exempted his / her case from operation of this limitation for any good and sufficient reason.
- Government Servants, whether permanent or temporary or on probation against a vacancy in permanent / temporary posts in any Department of Government, are eligible to appear at the OJS examination, provided they possess the requisite qualification and are within the prescribed age limit as provided under Para-4 & 5 of Odisha PSC OJS advertisement. However, they are required to submit undertaking to the effect that they have informed in writing to their Head of Office / Department that they have applied for the examination. Further, they will be required to enclose, attested copy of the “No Objection Certificate” issued by the appointing authority, along with the certificates / documents to be submitted with printout / hard copy of the online application form, for OJS Main Written Examination 2015.
The Government Servant enumerated in Para-5 who offer their candidature for the examination should submit their applications through the appointment authority.
Candidates should note that in case a communication is received from their employer by the Odisha PSC Commission withholding permission to the candidates applying for / appearing at the examination, their applications will be liable to be rejected / candidature will be liable to be cancelled;
- If a candidate has, at any time, been debarred for a certain period / chance(s) by the Odisha Public Service Commission will not be eligible for such recruitment for that specified period / chance(s);
- Only those candidates, who possess the requisite qualifications and fulfill other eligibility conditions by the closing date of receipt of Odisha OJS online applications 2015, will be considered eligible;
- A candidate who claims change in his / her name after having passed the H.S.C. Examination, is required to furnish copy of publication of the changed name in the local leading daily news paper as well as copy of notification in the Odisha Gazette in support of his / her change of name.
- The selected candidates must be physically fit ( other than O.H. candidates ) and shall be required to appear before the State Medical Board before final appointment.
- The period of probation is for two years. The period of probation may be extended by the appointing authority on the recommendation of the High Court by such period not exceeding a further period of six months.
7. Other Conditions for Odisha OJS Exam 2015 :
- The provisions of the Odisha Conduct of Examination Act 1988 ( Odisha Act-2 of 1988 ) are applicable to the examination ( Preliminary & Main ) conducted by the Odisha Public Service Commission. Any violation of the provisions of the above Act, and violation of instruction to candidates ( as provided in the advertisement, online application form, Admission Certificate & Answer Book etc. ) will be seriously viewed and disciplinary action will be taken against the concerned candidates as deemed proper;
- Any attempt on the part of a candidate to obtain support for his / her candidature by any means or any attempt to gain undue advantage in the selection shall disqualify him / her for recruitment;
- Any candidate, who is or has been declared by the Orissa Public Service Commission guilty of impersonation or submitting fabricated document or documents which have been tampered with or making statements which are incorrect or false or suppressing material information or using or attempting to use unfair means in the Examination Hall or otherwise resorting to any other irregular or improper means for obtaining admission to the examination may, in addition to rendering himself / herself liable to a criminal prosecution, be debarred either permanently or for a specified period :
- by the Odisha Public Service Commission from admission to any examination or appearance at any interview held by the Commission for selection of candidate; and
- by the State Government from employment under the Government;
- Odisha Public Service Commission advertisement should not be construed as binding on the Government to make appointment;
- Mere inclusion of the name of a candidate in the list of successful candidates confers no right to appointment unless the Government are satisfied, after such enquiry as may be deemed necessary, that the candidate having regard to his / her character and antecedents, is suitable in all respects for appointment to the Post / Service;
- Mere empanelment in the select list of successful candidates shall not confer any right for appointment;
- Candidates must answer the papers in their own handwriting, in no circumstances; a candidate will be allowed the help of a scribe to write the answers for him / her;
- Only those candidates, who possess the requisite qualification and are within the prescribed age limit and fulfill other eligibility conditions etc. by the closing date of receipt of online application, will be considered eligible.
- The admission certificates for both Preliminary and Main Examination will be uploaded in the website of the Odisha Public Service Commission and the eligible candidate will down load their admission certificate along with “Instructions to candidates” from the website of OPSC and produce the same before the Centre Supervisor for admission to the Examination Hall. No one will be admitted to the written examination ( Preliminary or Main ) unless he / she holds a certificate of admission;
- All persons appointed under the Government of Odisha on or after 1st January, 2005 shall not be eligible for pension as defined under Sub-rule (1) of Rule-3 of the Odisha Civil Services ( Pensions ) Rules, 1992; but shall be covered by the defined Contribution Pension Scheme in accordance with the Odisha Civil Services ( Pension ) Amendment Rules,2005;
- Mobile phones or any other communication devices are banned in the premises where the examination is conducted by the Odisha Public Service Commission and in the office of the commission;
- Admission to Preliminary or Main Written Examination will be provisional. If on verification at any stage before or after the examination, it is found that a candidate does not fulfil all the eligibility conditions, his / her candidature will be liable to rejection. Decision of the Odisha PSC Commission in regard to eligibility or otherwise of candidate shall be final.