Nagaland PSC Recruitment Exam 2015 for Extra Assistant Commissioner, Deputy Superintendent of Police, Secretariat Assistant
Nagaland Public Service Commission invites applications for filling up the following vacancies under the Government of Nagaland in the manner prescribed below :
Item No. 1 : 12 ( Twelve ) posts of Extra Assistant Commissioner ( Class-I Gazetted, Junior Grade ) under Personnel & Administrative Reforms Department, Nagaland.
Item No. 2 : 7 ( Seven ) posts of Deputy Superintendent of Police ( Class-I Gazetted ) under Home Department, Police Establishment Branch, Nagaland.
Item No. 3 : 1 ( One ) posts of District Transport Officer ( Class-II Gazetted ) under Transport Department, Nagaland.
Item No. 4 : 1 ( One ) posts of Excise Inspector ( Class-II Gazetted ) under Excise Department, Nagaland.
Item No. 5 : 30 ( Thirty ) posts of Secretariat Assistant ( Class-III Non Gazetted ) under Personnel & Administrative Reforms Department, Nagaland.
Item No. 6 : 15 ( Fifteen ) Posts of Junior Divisional Accountant ( Class-III Non Gazetted ) under Treasuries & Accounts Department, Nagaland.
Item No. 7 : 2 ( Two ) Post of Senior Inspector of Cooperative Societies ( Class-III Non Gazetted ) under Cooperation Department, Nagaland.
Item No. 8 : 1 ( One ) post of Inspector of Supply ( Class-III Non Gazetted ) under Food & Civil Supplies Department.
Item No. 9 : 2 ( Two ) posts of Inspector of Labour ( Class-III Non Gazetted ) under Labour & Employment Department.
Item No. 10 :
- 10 ( Ten ) posts of Inspector of Industries / Extension Officer ( Class-III Non-Gazetted ) under Industries & Commerce Department.
- 5 ( Five ) posts of Economic Investigator ( Class-III Non Gazetted ) under Industries & Commerce Department.
Qualification for Nagaland PSC Recruitments 2015 :
Item No. 1 to 10 : Bachelor’s Degree in any discipline, including Divinity, from a Recognized University.
Note : Candidates who have appeared Bachelor’s Degree final and awaiting result are also eligible to apply.
Scale of Pay for Nagaland PSC Various Jobs 2015 :
Item No. 1 & 2 : P.B. – 3, 15,600 – 39,100, G.P. 5,400.
Item No. 3 : P.B. – 2, 9,300 – 34,800, G.P. 4,600.
Item No. 4 : P.B. – 2, 9,300 – 34,800, G.P. 4,400.
Item No. 5 : P.B. – 2, 9,300 – 34,800, G.P. 4,200.
Item No. 6 to 10 a, b : P.B. – 1, 5,200 – 20,200, G.P. 2,800.
Age as on 01.01.2015 :
Minimum : 21 yrs.
Maximum : 30 yrs.
1. The Upper Age for Nagaland PSC Job Vacancy is Relaxable by :
- 5 ( Five ) years for SC / ST Candidates.
- Age relaxation for serving Government Employees shall be allowed the equal number of years they are in service, subject to a maximum of 5 ( Five ) years.
2. 80% of the Nagaland PSC vacancies are reserved for candidates belonging to (i) any Naga Tribe (ii) Kuki (iii) Garo (iv) Mikir (v) Kachari, provided, such persons are Indigenous Inhabitant of the State of Nagaland. 25% of the vacancies are reserved for the candidates belonging (a) Konyak (b) Phom (c) Sangtam (d) Yimchunger (e) Chang and (f) Khiamniungan. Further, 12% of the vacancies are reserved for the candidates belonging to (a) Chakhesang (4%) (b) Pochury ( 2% ) (c) Zeliang (4%) and (d) Sumis of Kiphire District (2%) issued vide Personnel & Administrative Reforms Department Notification NO.RCBT 5/87(Pt-II) dated 14th April, 2011 and 15th June, 2011. The above reservation is out of 80% for Indigenous Inhabitant candidates.
3. There shall be 3% Reservation for Physically Challenged Candidates, wherever applicable, as per Government Notification NO.AR/Gen-9/97 dated 16-01-08.
4. For the Nagaland PSC Preliminary Examination, there will be one common paper of General Studies only. Syllabus and Pattern of Nagaland PSC Examination can be downloaded from the Commission’s Website at www.npsc.co.in
5. Only those candidates who possess degree qualification in any discipline ( including Divinity ) or awaiting result shall be eligible to apply for the Nagaland PSC post(s) at the time of applying.
6. For Prelims, other documents ( Mark Sheets, Pass Certificates etc ) are not required. However, candidates must completely fill in the form by providing accurate information in all matters ( Date of Birth, etc ). In case it is detected at any stage of recruitment that a candidate does not fulfil the eligibility norms and / or that he / she has furnished incorrect or false information or has suppressed any material fact(s), his / her candidature shall stand candelled.
7. Immediately on declaration of Mains result, candidates selected for the Interview must submit attested Photostat copies of the following documents to the Commission :
- HSLC / Matriculation / Equivalent Admit Card for proof of Date of Birth. No other Certificate will be accepted for age proof.
- Mark Sheets from HSLC / Equivalent onwards till requisite qualification.
- Pass Certificate of HSLC, HSSLC & Degree issued by Board / University. In absence of Degree pass certificate issued by University, candidates may submit provisional pass certificate issued by Institution / university.
- For physically handicapped candidate, certificate from competent medical authority is required.
- Indigenous Inhabitant Certificate ( I.I.C. ), S.C. / S.T. & B.T. ( if applicable ) certificates. Indigenous Inhabitant Certificate, S.C. / S.T. & B.T. certificates should be signed only by District Authority not below the rank of Additional Deputy Commissioner.
- For candidates who are Government Employees and still serving, “No Objection Certificate” should be signed by the Head of the Department, with Name and Office Seal, along with date of appointment.
8. Only online applications shall be accepted. Application forms shall not be issued from the Commission’s Office.
9. Candidates are advised in their own interest to apply online much before the closing date and not to wait till the last date to avoid the possibility of disconnection / inability / failure to log on to the website on account of heavy load on internet or website jam.
Instructions for Applying Nagaland PSC Vacancies 2015 Online :
1. Candidates can apply Online through the Nagaland State Portal at https://nagaland.gov.in or through any Nagaland One Common Service Center ( CSC ). Details of the Online Application Form ( eForm ), instructions to the candidates and list of operational CSCs are available on the Commission’s website at www.npsc.co.in
2. All fields marked as * on the eForm are mandatory.
3. Instructions for uploading photograph and signature :
- Candidate must upload clear scanned images of their photograph and signature.
- Size of photograph should be 200 pixels width x 250 pixels height.
- Size of signature should be 250 pixels width x 120 pixels height.
4. Instructions for making online payment for Nagaland PSC examination fee 2015 :
- After submitting the eForm, candidate shall click on the Preview Button and review all the details for correctness in the submitted eForm.
- If any information is incorrect or photograph / signature have not been correctly uploaded, candidate may submit a new application for NPSC.
- After candidate is satisfied that all information is correct and photograph & signature have been correctly uploaded, proceed to make online payment.
- Page will be re-directed to NDML payment page.
- Candidate will select payment option : Debit Card, Internet Banking, Credit Card.
- Candidate will select the bank and be re-directed to the bank payment page.
- Fill in the required details and proceed to make payment.
- After making payment, page will be re-directed to the State Portal payment confirmation page. Only then, the candidate’s online application form shall be routed to the Commission.
- Candidates are advised to check the payment status in their State Portal inbox. If the payment status shows “Completed”, the form has been successfully submitted. If the payment status shows “Pending” the candidate must make payment again by clicking “Pending”. If more than one payment is made for the same application the excess amount will be refunded.
5. Candidates who apply individually from any CSC may make payment by cash a sum of 300 ( rupees three hundred only ) for examination fee and additional 50 ( rupees fifty only ) for CSC service charge which includes scanning, filling up of eForm and transaction fee.
6. Candidates should note down the Transaction ID of their eForm which will be required later for downloading e-Admission Certificate and for future reference.
7. The Online Application Form for NPSC Exam 2015 shall be available from 10:00 a.m. 30th July, 2015 till 03:00 p.m. 18th August, 2015 ( Last date of submission ).
Common Syllabus for Civil Services Examination 2015 ( NCS, NPS, NSS & Allied Services )
There will be 3 ( three) stages of Nagaland PSC examinations 2015 :
- Preliminary Examination
- Main Examination
- Interview / Viva-voce
Section – I
Nagaland PSC Preliminary Examination 2015 :
The Nagaland PSC Preliminary examination 2015 will consist of 1 ( one ) paper of objective type ( MCQ with OMR Answer Sheet ) carrying a maximum of 200 marks in the syllabus given below. This Examination is meant to serve as a screening test only; the marks obtained in the preliminary examination by the candidates who are declared qualified for admission to the main examination will not be counted for determining their final order of merit. The number of candidates to be admitted to the main examination shall be fixed as per provisions laid down in the recruitment rules.
Syllabus for Nagaland PSC Preliminary Examination ( MCQ ) – Marks : 200 Time : 3 Hrs
The subjects to be covered will be as follows :
- General Science : General appreciation and understanding of science, including matters of every day observation and experience as may be expected of a well educated person who has not made a special study of any scientific discipline.*
- History : Broad general understanding of the subject in its social, economic, political aspects, social and cultural heritage of India, emphasizing unity in diversity.
- Nagaland : Social, cultural and heritage of its people.
- Geography : Geography of India including the physical, social, economic, geography and on the main features of Indian agricultural and natural resources.
- Indian Polity and Economy : Country’s political, Executive, Judicial System, Local Bodies, Rural and Community Development and Economic Planning in India.
- Indian National Movement : Nature and character of the Nineteenth century resurgence, growth of nationalism and attainment of independence.
- General Mental Ability Test : Analysis of classified data, logical and behavioural reasoning, analogies, basic arithmetic, numerical ability and basic concept of computers.*
- Current Events : Latest development on all the fields detailed above including science and technology and environmental awareness.
* Basic Science including basic numeric ( numbers and their relationships, orders of magnitude etc. ), Data interpretation ( charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. ) shall be of class X level.
Section – II
Nagaland PSC Main Examination 2015 :
The Nagaland PSC Main examination will consist of 3 ( three ) papers, namely :
- General Essay, Comprehension and Grammar.
- General Studies Paper-I in objective type ( MCQ- with OMR Sheet ) and
- General Studies Paper-II in descriptive form of short and long answer type.
The above papers carry a maximum of 200 marks each.The number of candidates to be called for interview / viva-voce shall be fixed by the Nagaland Public Service Commission at their discretion or as per provisions laid down in the Recruitment Rules.
Syllabus for Nagaland PSC Main Examination ( Descriptive & MCQ )
1. General Essay, Comprehension & Grammar – Marks : 200 Time : 3 Hrs
- There will be two General Essay Questions from the following topics : 50 x 2 = 100
- Crisis management, Social problems, Analysis and solutions.
- Current events of national and international importance.
- Current events relating to State of Nagaland.
- Comprehension : 80
- Grammar : 20
2. General Studies – Paper – I ( MCQ ) Marks : 200 Time : 3 Hrs
- Modern history of India and Indian culture.
- Current events of national and international importance.
- Statistical analysis, graphs and diagrams.
- Basic and everyday science.
- Nagaland in all aspects. Modern history of India and Indian culture will cover the broad history of the country from about the middle of the nineteenth century ( advent of European invasion ) and would include questions on Gandhi and Nehru. Statistical analysis, graphs and diagrams will include exercises to test the candidate’s ability to draw common sense conclusions from information presented in statistical, graphical and diagrammatical form and to point out deficiencies, limitations therein. Questions on basic and everyday science will cover matters of everyday observation and experiences of a modern man. General information on Nagaland will also be asked.
Paper – II ( Descriptive ) Marks : 200 Time : 3 Hrs
- Indian polity and Public Administration.
- Indian economy and geography.
- Social problems and sensitive issues including environmental problems.
- Nagaland-geography, society, culture and heritage.
- Administration in Nagaland.
- Indian polity and Public Administration will include questions on Constitution, administration and Political system in India.
- On Indian economy and geography, questions will be put on planning, physical, economic and social geography of India.
- Social problems and sensitive issues will include problems like child labour, HIV / AIDS, gender bias, minorities, SC / ST, illiteracy, poverty, employment etc. Global issues such as environmental problems will be covered.
- Nagaland-geography, society, culture and heritage and
- Nagaland administration will cover topics in general administration like organizational structure, local bodies, functions, control, social welfare oriented programmes, etc.
Paper-II will have different segments of questions ranging from 2 ( two ) marks to 20 ( twenty ) marks.
Interview : The Nagaland PSC Interview is intended to assess the overall intelligence and the personality of a candidate and also the aptitude and attitude relevant to the services opted for, rather than merely the range of their information and memory.
- Penalty for Wrong Answers – There will be penalty ( negative marking ) for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the Objective Type Question papers in both the Preliminary and Main Examinations. For each wrong answer given by the candidate, one third ( 0.33 ) of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.
- The different units in the syllabus may figure in all the segments, as such, no marks allotment will be shown in the curriculum for Nagaland PSC Preliminary Examination, General Studies Paper-I ( MCQ ) and General Studies Paper-II ( Descriptive Type Questions ).