Mizoram PSC Recruitment 2014 for Planning Assistant
Applications are invited for filling up of the undermentioned vacant post. Last date fixed for submission of application is 14.03.2014. The prescribed application forms are available in the office of Mizoram Public Service Commission, New Secretariat Complex, Aizawl and Offices of Deputy Commissioners Lunglei, Saiha, Champhai, Lawngtlai, Serchhip, Kolasib and Mamit during office hours on cash payment.
1. Name of Mizoram PSC Posts 2014 : Planning Assistant
2. Number of Mizoram Planning Assistant Post 2014 : 1 ( one ).
3. Name of Department : Urban Development & Poverty Alleviation Department.
4. Mizoram PSC Planning Assistant Pay Scale 2014 : 9,300 – 34,800 + G.P 4,400/-pm.
5. Mizoram PSC Planning Assistant Educational Qualification 2014 :
- 3 years Diploma in Civil Engineering or 3 years Diploma in Draftmen ( Civil ) or Public Engineering, Architectural Draftmen Or
2 years Diploma in Civil Engineering, Draftmen ( civil ) with one year experience in Town & Country Planning Department.
6. Mizoram PSC Planning Assistant Desirable Qualification 2014 :
- About 2 years experience in physical planning or Architecture design, housing layouts, Planning survey, post estimate etc.
- Associate member of any one of the following institute of Town Planners ( India ), Institute Planners ( India ), Institute of Engineering India or Institute of Architect, India.
7. Age Limit for Mizoram PSC Planning Assistant 2014 : He / she must have attained the age of 18 years but must not have exceeded the age of 35 years. Provided that the upper age limit may be relaxable upto a maximum of 5 years in respect of candidates belonging to the Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe.
Application Fee for Mizoram PSC Planning Assistant 2014 : Application fee of 200 + 10 = 210 ( or 150 + 10 = 160 for SC / ST applicants ) should be paid by cash at the Reception Counter of Mizoram Public Service Commission Office or by depositing into the Treasury under the Head- 0051-PSC, 102-State PSC ( Examination Fee. etc ) or by uncrossed Indian Postal Order ( IPO ) drawn in favour of Secretary, Mizoram Public Service Commission.
Applicant must submit the following documents :
- Application fee receipt / IPO / Treasury challan.
- Certificate and Marksheet HSLC onwards ( attested photo copy )
- Tribal / Caste Certificate ( SC / ST if claimed ) ( attested photo copy ).
Syllabus for the Mizoram PSC post of Planning Assistant
Paper – I
|1.||Planning Technique||20 Marks|
Town Planning Technique : Definition, Objects and principles, drawings, report, zoning-housing importance, demand for houses, slums-causes and its characteristics, recreation types of recreation, legal tools for land and building construction-norms & standard. Master Plan, stage, of preparation method of execution, Project Planning, Site Plan and layout Plan, when renewal Plan.
Surveying and Leveling : Principal of surveying chain surveying adjustment of chain, tape and its correction, survey station, tie station, fore bearing and hack bearing levels types of leveling contouring, plain table surveying, the odolite, prismatic compass.
Building Material and Construction Works : Occurrences of principal building stone in India, characteristics of good building stone, stone quarrying.
Bricks : Classes, sizes, harmful ingredients, earth ware and stoneware.
Cements : Types of cements, storage, aggregate, coloured cement.
Sands : Quality of good sand, mortars, proportioning for concrete and it, method, transporting, placing, compacting and curing of concrete, form work, stripping of formwork, water proofing and elasticity of concrete, joint in concrete, adhesive, concrete hollow block, paints, varnishes, Distempers.
Timber and its classification, characteristics of good timber.
Loads of Buildings : Dead load and live load, wind load, types of roofs. AC sheet, lead sheet water proofing roofs.
Masonry Structure : Stone masonry and its types, brick masonry bond in brick works strengthening mansonry.
Retaining Wall : ( Types of R’W ) forces on R/W, stability requirement.
Drainage Works : Culverts, home pipe. RCC slub culvert, cause way, sub-surface drain, road side drain.
Pavement : Rigid and flexible pavement, material use.
Water Supply and Sanitary Engineering : Sources of water, hard and soft water, type of pipe used in water supply system of distributor, septic tank its compartments, factors governing septic tank types of manhole.
Foundation Engineering : Site exploration and soil sampling, subsoil exploration, types of soil, load bearing capacity of soil, types of foundation. Permissible settlements, bearing capacity of pile.
Reinforced Cement Concrete : Design value, factored load, stress – strain relationship for concrete, singly and doubly reinforced beams, moments of resistance, modes of failure, maximum depth of neutral axis, elective span, minimum and maximum tension reinforcement, shear stress control deflection, cracking, slenderness and vibration, effective length of column and its requirement of reinforcement, column Footings, reinforcement in slab.
Measurement, Evaluation and Estimating : Different types of estimates, method of valuation, preparation of detail project report ( DPRs ).
Earthquake : Nature, magnitude and its intensity scales, effects of seismic forces on buildings, Design consideration for buildings.
Paper – II
|1.||General English||50 Marks.|
|2.||General Knowledge||50 Marks.|