Meghalaya Public Service Commission Recruitment 2013 for Police Service Post
Applications ( Off-line / On-line ) in the Meghalaya Public Service Commission’s prescribed form AF – I are invited from genuine citizens of India who are desirous to apply in terms and conditions of Meghalaya PSC advertisement for recruitment to the post specified in the table below.
Application will be received up to 5:00 P.M. on 15.05.2013 and no application will be entertained after the closing date. For on-line applications through MPSC website closing date is 23:59 Hrs on 15.05.2013 after which the link will be disabled.
Para 1 : Name of Post
Name of Meghalaya PSC Post 2013 : Meghalaya Police Service under Home ( Police ) Department.
Meghalaya PSC Police Service 2013 Vacancies : 34.
Meghalaya PSC Police Service 2013 Pay Scale : 17000 – 470 – 20290 – EB – 560 – 25330 – 760 – 33690/-pm.
Meghalaya PSC Police Service 2013 Age Limit ( Age as on 1.1.2013 ) : He / She must have attained the age of 21 years but must not have exceeded the age of 27 years. Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for Scheduled Tribes / Castes.
Meghalaya PSC Police Service 2013 Educational Qualification : He / She must hold a degree of any university incorporated by an act of parliament or state legislature in India or any Foreign University recognized by the Government of Meghalaya as inserted in the syllabus.
Candidates Eligibility for Appointment :
Eligibility for appointment to such posts shall be subject to fulfillment of the following conditions namely,
- The candidates shall have certain minimum physical standards and shall undergo a Physical Efficiency Test ( PET ) as elaborated below :
- Minimum Height Requirement :
Male Candidates :
- 157 centimeter for ( ST )
- 162 centimeter for others
Female Candidates :
- 152 centimeter for ( ST )
- 157 centimeter for others
All candidates will be required to qualify in a 10 ( ten ) Kilometer race in 60 ( sixty ) minutes or less for male and 5 ( five ) Kilometer race in 35 ( thirty five ) minutes or less for female candidates.
* Persons recruited to the service shall be on probation for a period of two years in the Junior Grade scale of 17000 – 470 – 20290 – EB – 560 – 25330 – 760 – 33690/-pm.
The date of birth to be accepted by the Meghalaya Public Service Commission is as entered in the matriculation / secondary school leaving certificate / or a certificate recognized by an Indian university as equivalent to matriculation or an extract from the official registers duly certified by the proper authority of the board of school education. Proofs other than these, will not be accepted by the Meghalaya Public Service Commission.
Para 2 : Syllabus
Meghalaya PSC Police Service Post 2013 Syllabus can be downloaded from the MPSC website viz www.mpsc.nic.in>
Para 3 : Application Form
Meghalaya PSC Police Service Post 2013 application forms ( AF – I ) alongwith MPSC challan ( for payment of fee ) are available free of cost at the following locations :
- Office Counter of MPSC, Office, Headquarter, Shillong.
- MPSC Cell at Tura, Nongstoin, Jowai, Baghmara, Nongpoh & Williamnagar
- Form & MPSC challan can be also downloaded from the MPSC website viz www.mpsc.nic.in
Para 4 : Fee ( Inclusive of Examination Fee ) Non-Refundable.
A fee of 460/- ( Half rate for SC / ST ) is required to be paid on submission of the application form. This amount may be paid through MPSC challan. The original copy of the fee challan ( MPSC copy ) should be attached with the application form.
Para 5 : Submission of Application
As already indicated candidates can submit their application through the following modes :
1. Off-line Mode :
a) In this option candidates should present their applications completed in all respect at :
- Office Counter of MPSC, Office, Headquarter, Shillong.
- MPSC Cell at Tura, Nongstoin, Jowai, Baghmara, Nongpoh & Williamnagar.
On any working day between 10:30 A.M. to 5:00 P.M. till the last date.
- Applications can also be sent by registered post so as to reach the Meghalaya Public Service Commission’s office at Shillong not later than the last date prescribed for off-line mode. The Meghalaya Public Service Commission will not be responsible for postal lost or transit delay.
2. On-line Mode :
Applicants may also apply online through the MPSC website viz www.mpsc.nic.in Kindly read the instruction on the web page carefully before applying on-line. Last date for on-line applications is 23:59 Hrs on candidates who wish to file applications online may file through cyber cafes and Community Service Centres ( CSC ). In Districts where such facilities are not available candidates may visit the nearest NIC centres they will be assisted by the NIC in filling applications online. Candidates who have already registered with the Meghalaya Public Service Commission’s website may log in and apply directly against the advertised vacancy / post of their choice.
Para 6 : Instructions
- All application must be complete in all respects and accompanied with proof of payment of fee and enclosed with one window envelope of 4 cms x 9 cms affixed with 5/- postage stamp.
- Candidates are required to clearly indicate both the division and percentage of marks in the column captioned “Division / Percentage” at Sl. No. 20 of AF – I Form.
- The following documents are to be attached / uploaded along with the application form :
- Recent self attested passport size photograph.
- MPSC copy of fee challan.
- Incomplete application will be summarily rejected and no further correspondence will be entertained.
- Government Employees may submit their application directly to the Office of the Secretary, Meghalaya Public Service Commission, Shillong in Form AF – I with separate request to their heads / appointing authorities for “Permission” when called for examination / or interview.
- Candidate must appear for written test / interview at his / her own expenses.
- Against item 3 of the application form, candidates should indicate optional subjects for Preliminary and Main Examination separately as follows :
- Optional Subject ( Prelim ) : I _____
- Optional Subject ( Mains ) : I ____
Para 7 : Reservation of Vacancies
As per Government policy. Further, where the vacancies are 09 or less than 09 all posts are reserved in favour of specified communities.
Para 8 : Commission’s Decision on Eligibility of candidates
Only preliminary scrutiny of the applications and other aspects will be undertaken before the written examination / personal interview and therefore, the acceptance of candidature will only be provisional. Candidates are advised to go through the requirements of educational qualification, age, physical standards etc. and satisfy themselves that they are eligible for the posts, before applying. Copies of supporting documents will be sought only from those candidates who qualify for the personal interview. When detailed scrutiny is finally undertaken, if any claim made in the application is not found substantiated the candidature will be cancelled and the Meghalaya Public Service Commission’s decision in this regard shall be final.
Para 9 : Debarment
- Candidates should make sure of their eligibility to the post applied for and that the declaration made by them in the format of application regarding their eligibility is correct in all respects. Any candidate furnishing incorrect information or making false declaration regarding his / her eligibility at any stage or suppressing any information is liable to be debarred from appearing for any of the examinations conducted by the Meghalaya Public Service Commission, and summarily rejection of their candidature for this recruitment.
- The Meghalaya Public Service Commission is vested with the constitutional duty of conducting recruitment and selection as per rules duly maintaining utmost secrecy and confidentially in this process and any attempt by anyone causing or likely to cause breach of this constitutional duty in such manner or by such action as to violate or likely to violate the fair practices followed and ensured by the Meghalaya Public Service Commission will be sufficient cause for rendering such questionable means as ground for debarment.
- If any candidate is or has been found impersonating or procuring impersonation by any person or resorting to any other irregular or improper means in connection with his / her candidature for selection or obtaining support of candidature by any means, such a candidate may in addition to rendering himself / herself liable to criminal prosecution, will be liable to be debarred permanently from any exam or selection held by the Service Commissions in the country.