Meghalaya PSC Recruitment 2014 for Judicial Magistrate, Junior Engineer, Assistant System Engineer
Meghalaya Public Service Commission,
Meghalaya PSC applications 2014 ( Offline / Online ) in the Commission’s prescribed form AF-I are invited from genuine citizens of India who are desirous to apply as per the terms and conditions of Meghalaya PSC Advertisement for recruitment to the various categories of posts specified in the table below.
Meghalaya PSC application will be received up to 5:00 P.M. on 10th September, 2014 and no application will be entertained after the closing date. For online applications through MPSC Website closing date is 23:59 Hrs on 10th September, 2014 after which the link will be disabled.
Lists of Meghalaya PSC Posts 2014
|Sl. No.||Name of Posts, Pay Scale and Required Qualification||No. of Vacancies||Age & Relaxation as on 1.1.2014|
|1.||Judicial Magistrate Grade – III under Meghalaya Judicial Service|
27700–770-33090-920-40450-1080-44770/- pm plus other allowances as admissible under the rules.
Candidates should possess a LLB Degree from any recognised University and must have the knowledge of Khasi or Jaintia or Garo languages.
Syllabus can be downloaded from the MPSC website viz www.mpsc.nic.in
|4||Candidate should not be less than 21 years or more than 35 years. Upper age limit is relaxable up to 38 years for SC / ST candidates.|
|2.||Junior Engineer Grade - I ( Electrical ) in the Office of the Chief Engineer, Water Resources, Shillong|
Minimum 3 years Diploma in Electrical Engineering Course from Government recognised Institutions.
|4||18-27 years. Upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for ST / SC candidates.|
|3.||Orchidologist in the Office of the Divisional Forest Officer Silviculture Division, Shillong|
M.Sc in Botany Forestry or Agriculture with Ph.D in the subject of Micropropagation / Tissue Culture
1. Experience in identification of Orchid flora of North East India.
2. One Publication on Orchids of N.E. India.
|1||The age limit should be 22-30 years with relaxation in case of ST / SC. No age limit in case of the applicants who are already in service with the state Government.|
|4.||Assistant System Engineer in the Election Department.|
B.Sc. Computer Science ( Hons ) or BCA ( 3-years ) with Class –XII ( Science ) or CSE Diploma ( 3 years ) with Class-XII ( Science )
( Preference will be given to Candidates who has working experience or good knowledge in the following :
(i) Oracle 9i and above, (ii) Visual Basic, (iii) Operating Systems, (iv) Networking, (v) Web Technology, (vi) Developer, (vii) Crystal Report and (viii) Hardware Maintenance )
|9||18 to 27 years. Relaxation for 5 ( five ) years for SC / ST Candidate. No age limit for those in service with Government of Meghalaya.|
* For persons with Physical Disabilities ( PWDs ) age is relaxable by 10 years ( 15 years for ST / SC ) applicable to posts where reservation is admissible to PWD’s as per Govt. Notification No. PER (AR).150/88/Pt/282, dt. 25th January, 2012.
The date of birth to be accepted by the Meghalaya PSC Commission is as entered in the Matriculation / Secondary School Leaving Certificate / or a Certificate recognized by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation or an extract from the official Registers duly Certified by the proper authority of the Board of School Education. Proof other than these, will not be accepted by the Commission.
Application Form for Meghalaya PSC Recruitment 2014
Application Forms ( AF-I ) alongwith MPSC Challan ( for payment of Fee ) are available free of cost at the following locations :
- Office Counter of MPSC, Office, Headquarter, Shillong.
- MPSC Cell at Tura, Nongstoin, Jowai, Baghmara, Williamnagar & Nongpoh.
- Form & MPSC Challan can be also downloaded from the MPSC website viz www.mpsc.nic.in
Fee ( Inclusive of Examination Fee ) Non-Refundable
Fee @ prescribed in the Table below is required to be paid on submission of the Application Form. This amount may be paid through MPSC Challan. The original copy of the Fee Challan ( MPSC copy ) should be attached with the Application Form.
|Post Description||Amount of Fee||Remarks|
|For posts at Sl. No. 1||460/-||Half the rate for SC / ST who are permanent resident of the State of Meghalaya|
|For posts at Sl. No. 2, 3, 4||350/-|
Submission of Application for Meghalaya PSC Job Vacancies 2014
As already indicated candidates can submit their application through the following modes :
1. Offline Mode :
- In this option candidates should present their applications completed in all respect at :
- Office Counter of MPSC, Office, Headquarter, Shillong.
- MPSC Cell at Tura, Nongstoin, Jowai, Baghmara, William nagar & Nongpoh On any working day between 10:30 A.M. to 5: 00 P.M. till the last date.
- Applications can also be sent by registered post so as to reach the Commission’s office at Shillong not later than the last date prescribed for off-line mode. The Commission will not be responsible for postal lost or transit delay.
2. Online Mode : Applicants may also apply online through the MPSC website viz www.mpsc.nic.in Kindly read the instruction on the web page carefully before applying online. Last date for online applications is 23:59 Hrs on 10th September, 2014.
Candidates who wish to file applications online may file through cyber cafes and Community Service Centres ( CSC ). In Districts where such facilities are not available candidates may visit the nearest NIC centres where they will be assisted by the NIC in filling applications online.
Candidates who have already registered with the Meghalaya Public Service Commission’s Website may log in and apply directly against the advertised vacancy / post of their choice.
Instructions for Meghalaya PSC Recruitment 2014
- All Meghalaya PSC application must be complete in all respects and accompanied with proof of payment of fee and enclosed with One Window Envelope of 4 cms x 9 cms affixed with Rs. 5/- postage stamp.
- Candidates are required to clearly indicate both the Division and percentage of marks in the column captioned “Division / Percentage” at Sl. No. 20 of AF-I Form.
- The following documents are to be attached / uploaded along with the application form :
(a) Recent self attested passport size photograph. (b) MPSC copy of Fee Challan.
- Incomplete application will be summarily rejected and no further correspondence will be entertained.
- Government Employees may submit their application directly to the Office of the Secretary, Meghalaya Public Service Commission, Shillong in Form AF-I with separate request to their heads / appointing authorities for “Permission / No Objection” when called for Examination / Interview.
- Candidate must appear for Written Test / Interview at his / her own expenses.
Reservation of Meghalaya PSC Vacancies 2014 : As per Government policy. Further, where the vacancies are 9 ( nine ) or less than 9 ( nine ) all posts are reserved in favour of specified communities.
Commission’s Decision on Eligibility of Candidates : Only preliminary scrutiny of the applications and other aspects will be undertaken before proceeding to the next stage of the recruitment and therefore, the acceptance of candidature will only be provisional. Candidates are advised to carefully go through the eligibility criteria prescribed for each post such as educational qualification, age, physical standards etc. and satisfy themselves that they are eligible for the posts, before applying.
After such scrutiny a “Proposed Rejection List” shall be published and hosted in the Commission’s website as well as in the Notice Board of the M.P.S.C Office / Cells. A candidate is allowed 15 days time to file representation against such proposed Rejection. Copies of supporting documents will be sought only from those candidates who qualify for the Personal Interview. When detailed scrutiny is finally undertaken, if any claim made in the application is not found substantiated the candidature will be cancelled and the Commission’s decision in this regard shall be final.
Method of Meghalaya PSC Selection 2014 : The final selection / recommendation of suitable candidates against the vacancies notified in this Advertisement shall be made by the Commission through any of the following processes.
- Typing Speed, English Composition and Stenography Test, in recruitment to post of Typist and Stenographer ( All Grades ) as the case may be.
- Personal Interview only.
- Screening Test followed by Personal Interview.
- Written examination followed by Personal Interview.
Physical Efficiency Test ( PET ), wherever required and prescribed by the Service Rules shall be conducted by the Commission assisted by a Medical Board duly constituted for the purpose, in accordance with the norms / standards and such specification as prescribed under such Rules.
The Meghalaya PSC Screening Test shall be applied / conducted by the Meghalaya PSC Commission in respect of all recruitments to those posts where the method of selection has not been prescribed by the Service Rules. The objective of the test is to shortlist the number of eligible candidates in recruitments where the number is large compared to the available vacancies, otherwise the selection of suitable candidates against the notified vacancies shall be made on the basis of personal interview. ( The principle / policy followed by the Meghalaya PSC Commission is that the ratio of the number of candidates called for interview to the vacancies should be 1:3 to 1:5. in recruitments involving very few posts the ratio can be raised up to 1:10 ). The decision to hold or not to hold the Screening Test in any such recruitment shall lie with the Commission. On the result of such Screening Test the Commission shall call such number of candidates as it may think appropriate to appear for the Personal Interviews.
Meghalaya PSC Written Examination shall be mandatory in respect of recruitments to posts where the Service Rules has specifically prescribed the conduct of such examinations. In such cases, the subjects, syllabus, total marks and pattern of examination shall be as notified by the concerned Government Department under such Rules.