Manipur Public Service Commission Recruitment 2014 for Medical Officer
1. Manipur Public Service Commission applications on prescribed forms are invited from the eligible, willing candidates for direct recruitment to 579 post of Manipur Health Service Grade IV ( Medical Officer ), in the Health Department, Manipur.
Category-wise number of posts are as under :
|SI.No||Category||Backlog Vacancy||Newly Created||Total|
|3||OBC ( M )||20||47||67|
|4||OBC ( MP )||09||16||25|
|5||OBC ( TNB )||02||02||04|
2. Manipur PSC Medical Officer Pay Scale 2014 : 9300 – 34800/- + 5,400 ( GP ) Class / Group – A.
Post Reserved for Persons With Disabilities ( PWD )
|Category for which post is identified||*Functional Classification||*Physical Requirement||No. of Reserved Vacancy|
|Locomotor Palsy||One Arm - One Leg||S, ST, BN, MF, W, SE, RW & HC||17|
3. Manipur PSC Medical Officer Essential Qualifications 2014
- Possession of a recognized medical qualification included in the first or second schedule, or part II of the third schedule ( other than licentiate qualification ) to the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956. Holders of educational qualifications included in part II of the third schedule should fulfill the condition as stipulated in sub-section section 13 of the Indian Medical Council Act, 1956.
- Completion of Compulsory Rotatory Internship.
b. The candidates must possess the requisite qualifications on the day of Manipur PSC Medical Officer Notification of Vacancies 2014.
1. Persons suffering from not less than 40% of the relevant disability shall alone be eligible for the benefit of reservation.
2. The candidate should be in possession of disability certificate in the prescribed form issued by the competent authority in this regard.
4. Age Limit for Manipur PSC Medical Officer 2014 : Shall not be less than 21 years of age and not more than 38 years of age on the date of notification of vacancy / advertisement.
The upper age limit is relaxable by :
- 5 years if a candidate belongs to SC / ST.
- 3 years in case of a candidate belonging to OBC who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.
- 10 years in the case of physically challenged candidates belonging to General category.
- 15 years in the case of physically challenged candidates belonging to SC / ST.
- 13 years in the case of physically challenged candidates belonging to OBC.
5. Manipur PSC Medical Officer Application Fee 2014 :
200/- for General & OBC and 50/- for SC / ST candidates in cash as examination fee should be submitted along with the Manipur PSC Medical Officer application form 2014 at the Counter of Manipur Public Service Commission.
Physically disabled persons are exempted from payment of Manipur PSC Medical Officer examination fee and the cost of application form. However, they are to submit along with their application form, an attested / certified copy of the Disability Certificate issued by a Medical Board duly constituted by the State Government in support of his / her claim for being disabled.
6. Manipur PSC Medical Officer Application Form 2014 not accompanied by prescribed examination fee except in the case of disabled candidates shall be summarily rejected.
7. The decision of the Manipur Public Service Commission as to eligibility or otherwise of the candidates will be final.
8. Certificates from Matriculation onwards to be authenticated by the candidates themselves should be submitted with the application by the candidates.
9. The Scheme of Manipur PSC Medical Officer Examination along with the information for candidates will be supplied at the time of issue of Manipur PSC Medical Officer application form 2014.
10. A physically handicapped candidate will be considered to be eligible for appointment only if he / she ( after such physical examination as the Government may prescribe ) is found to satisfy the requirements of physical and medical standards for the Manipur PSC Medical Officer posts.
11. The date of birth accepted by the Manipur Public Service Commission is that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognised by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation.
Note : The prescribed Application Form along with Scheme of Examination and Syllabus will be available on cash payment of 100/- at the Manipur Public Service Commission’s counter from 23.09.2014 ( Tuesday ) during office hours. Closing date for issue and receipt of application form will be on 22.10.2014 ( Wednesday ). Written Examination ( Objective Type ) will be held on 27.10.2014 ( Monday ).
Manipur PSC Medical Officer Exam Scheme 2014
For Manipur Health Service Grade IV ( Medical Officer ) Examination ( September ), 2014.
A Written examination for the Manipur Health Service Grade IV ( Medical Officer ) Examination ( September ), 2014 will be in Single Paper of Objective Type comprising of 200 multiple choice questions with duration of 3 ( three ) hours and maximum marks of 300. The standard of question paper will be that of MBBS.
Manipur PSC Medical Officer Exam Syllabus 2014 : The Question Paper shall be of Objective Type covering general appreciation and understanding of medical science including matters of everyday observation and experience, as may be expected of a well-educated MBBS graduate person who has not made a special study of any particular discipline. The questions shall be asked from following broad areas testing basic knowledge of the candidates :
|General Medicine including Cardiology, Neurology, Dermatology & Psychiatry|
|Gynaecology & Obstetrics.|
|Preventive, Social & Community Medicine|
Manipur PSC Medical Officer Interview / Personality Test 2014 : After declaration of result of Written Examination, successful candidates shall be called for Interview / Personality Test carrying 50 marks. Thereafter, the marks of Written Examination and Interview Test shall be combined and final Merit List of successful candidates shall be drawn. There shall be no practical examination.
General Instructions to the Candidates
A. Manipur PSC Medical Officer Written Examination ( Objective Type ) 2014 :
- Candidates must write the papers in their own hand. In no circumstances, will they be allowed the help of a scribe to write the answers for them.
- The Manipur Public Service Commission have discretion to fix qualifying marks for the Examination.
B. Manipur PSC Medical Officer Interview / Personality Test 2014 :
The candidates will be interviewed by a Board who will have before them a record of his / her career. The candidates will be asked question on matters of general interest with specific stress on matters relating to Medical Science field. The objective of the Interview is to assess the personal suitability of the candidates for a career in Medical Field by a Board of competent and unbiased observers. The test is intended to judge the mental calibre of a candidate. In broad terms, this is really an assessment of not only his / her intellectual qualities but also social traits, mental alertness, critical powers of assimilation, clear and logical exposition, balance of judgment, variety and depth of interest, ability of social cohesion and leadership, intellectual and moral integrity.
- The technique of the interview is not that of a strict cross-examination but of a natural thought directed and purposive conversation which is intended to reveal the mental qualities of the candidates.
- The interview test is not intended to be a test either of the specialised or general knowledge of the candidates which has been already tested through their written paper. Candidates are expected to have taken an intelligent interest not only in their special-subjects of academic study but also in the events which are happening around the world* in Medical Science along with new discoveries.