Manipur Public Service Commission Recruitment 2014 for Food Safety Officer
1. Manipur PSC application in prescribed form is invited from the eligible candidates for the following post in the Health Department, Manipur.
|Sl. No.||Name of Post||Scale Pay||Class / Group||No. of Post||UR||ST||OBC|
|Meitei / Meetei|
|1.||Food Safety Officer||9,300-34,800/-|
4,400 ( GP )
( Class-I )
2. Essential Qualification for Manipur PSC Food Safety Officer 2014 :
- A degree in Food Technology or Diary Technology or Biotechnology or Oil Technology or Agriculture Science or Veterinary Sciences or Bio-chemistry or Microbiology or Master Degree in Chemistry or Degree in Medicine from a recognized University. Or
Any other equivalent / recognized qualification notified by Central Government.
- Having successfully completed training as specified by the Food Authority in a recognized Institute or Institution approved for the purpose.
Desirable Qualification for MPSC Food Safety Officer 2014 : Knowledge of Manipuri & Hindi.
3. The date for determination of eligibility of the candidate as regards the essential qualification and age will be 1st of November, 2014.
4. Manipur PSC Food Safety Officer Age Limit 2014 : 38 ( thirty eight ) years and below. ( Upper age limit is relaxable for Government servants appointed under the Government of Manipur to the extent of the period of the continuous services put in the post / service and by 5 ( five ) years for SC / ST candidates and 3 ( three ) years for OBC candidates and a Government servant who belongs to SC / ST / OBC will get the facility admissible to a Govt. servant in addition to the relaxation admissible to SC / ST / OBC candidates.
5. 200/- for General & OBC and 50/- for SC / ST candidates in cash as examination fee should be submitted along with the application form at the Counter of Manipur Public Service Commission.
6. The decision of the Commission as to eligibility or otherwise of the candidates will be final.
7. Certificates from Matriculation onwards to be authenticated by the candidates themselves should be submitted with the application by the candidates.
8. The date of birth accepted by the commission is that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognised by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation.
9. The prescribed application form will be available on cash payment of 100/- at the Commission’s Counter from on 3rd of November, 2014 during office hour.
10. Closing date for issue and receipt of application form will be on 29.11.2014.
Manipur Food Safety Officer Exam Scheme 2014 :
Part – A
There shall be a written examination consisting of 200 Multiple Choice Questions ( MCQ ) carrying 300 marks with 3 ( three ) hours duration.
1. General Studies : ( 50 MCQ )
The questions on General Studies will cover the following topics :
- General Science.
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography.
- Indian Polity and Economy.
- General Mental Ability.
Questions on General Science will cover general appreciation and understanding of science including matters of everyday observation and experience, as may be expected of a well-educated person who has not made a special study of any particular scientific discipline. In current events, knowledge of significant national and international events will be tested. In History of India, emphasis will be on broad general understanding of the subject in its social, economic and political aspects. Questions on the Indian National Movement will relate to the nature and character of the nineteenth century resurgence, growth of nationalism and attainment of Independence.
In Geography, emphasis will be on Geography of India. Questions on the Geography of India will relate to physical, social and economic Geography of the country, including the main features of Indian agricultural and natural resources. Questions on Indian Polity and Economy will test knowledge of the country’s political system and Constitution of India, Panchayati Raj, Social Systems and economic developments in India. On general mental ability, the candidates will be tested on reasoning and analytical abilities.
2. Main Subject : ( 150 MCQ )
The questions on main subject will cover the following topics :
Chemical Constituents of Foods : Desirable and Potentially undesirable food constituents and their importance. Water, Carbohydrates, Lipids, Proteins, Vitamins, Minerals : Classes, Nomenclature, structure and their chemistry.
Enzymes : Nomenclature, Classification and specificity of enzymes, enzyme Kinetics, enzymes and their role in modification of foods. Single cell protein ( SCP ). Metabolic Pathways : Carbohydrates, proteins and fats, catabolism and anabolism, Digestion and absorption, Assimilation and Transport of nutrients in human beings.
General Characteristics of Microorganism : Classification, morphology, physiology, growth, nutrition and reproduction; Pure culture techniques and maintenance of cultures, control of microorganism. Sources of contamination. Microbiological standards of foods. Food poisoning and food borne infections, Food toxins, food plant sanitation, inspection and control, personnel hygiene, beneficial microorganisms and their utilization in food fermentation.
Balance diet, Recommended Dietary Allowances ( RDA ), Dietary utilization and disturbances, Functions and energy values of foods, Basal energy metabolism :
BV, NPU, BMR, PER calculations, Protein quality as reference protein. Dietary allowances and standards for different age groups, Techniques for assessment of human nutritional status, Causes and preventions of malnutrition. Biochemical, clinical manifestation & preventive measures due to vitamins deficiency. Diseases caused due to food adulteration.
Basic knowledge of major Indian crops, their total production, losses in storage, storage of perishable and non-perishable foods, Storage requirements :
Storage environment and its interaction with stored product; temperature and moisture migration. Storage practices ( including fumigation and aeration of stored product ). Storage structures for Perishable and non-perishables : bulk storage structures ( bins and silos ) Modified and Controlled atmosphere storage systems. Technology of fruits and vegetable products : Juices, pulp, Puree, Paste, Ketchup, Sauce, soup, concentrates and powders, Squashes and cordials. Beverage : Still and carbonated. James, Jellies and Marmalades. Preserves, candies and crystallized fruits. Processing of oil seeds Pre-treatments of oil seeds, oil milling, solvent extraction, impurities present in oils and fats. Vegetable oil refining, hydrogenation, enter esterification, processing of de-oiled cake into protein products, textured protein. Peanut butter, Margarine and Spread. Different quality parameters : Peroxide value, Saponification value, Iodine value, acid value, RM value, Polanski value, Adulteration and its detection in oils and fats. Rancidity, auto oxidation and anti-oxidants.
Fluid Milk : Physico-chemical properties, Production and collection, cooling and transportation of milk. Clarification and filtration of milk, pasteurized and homogenized milk.: Whole, Standardized, Toned, Double toned, skim and special milks, Test for milk quality and detection of dairy adulterant. Milk products : cream, butter, Butter oil / Ghee, Cheeses, Curd and Yoghurt, Sweet meat, Ice cream. Evaporated and Condensed milk, milk powders. Indian Dairy Products, Manufacture of casein, and Lactose. Causes and prevention of defects in dairy products.
Scientific slaughtering, Tendering and curing of meat, Beef Mutton, Pork Sausages and other meat products. Fish and poultry processing. Physical, Chemical Nutritional and Functional characteristics of Egg. Processing of Egg and egg products.
Principle underlying spoilage and preservation of foods : Low and high temperature, drying and dehydration, chemical, salt and sugar, Radiation, HHP, hurdle technology, Parboiling and Milling of paddy, Quality characteristics, Curing and aging of rice, Processed rice products. Wheat milling into flour and semolina, Flour grades and their suitability for baking purposes, Flour quality, Macaroni products, Baked products : Bread, Biscuits and cakes, Breakfast cereals. Dry and Wet milling of corn, Starches and its conversion products, Malting of barely, beer, wine, cider, vinegar, Milling of legume-pulses. Spices : Composition, Structure and characteristics. Preservation and processing of spices, Processing of Tea and coffee, cocoa processing, chocolate and confectionary products.
Quality Control / Quality Assurance, Legislation for Food Safety : National and International criteria, sampling, records, risk analysis and management. Microbial contamination, Nutritional imbalance. Pesticide residues, permitted food additives. Relevant Foods laws : PFA, FPO, SWMA, MPO, AgMark, and BIS Standards. Food Safety and Standard Act ( FSSA ). Testing food for its safety. The HACCP system and food Safety management systems used in controlling microbiological hazards. Food standards and Specifications, NAB Land ISO certification requirements.
Part – B The interview / personality test carrying 50 marks will be conducted for the candidates who qualify in the written Examination.