Manipur Public Service Commission Recruitment 2014 for Assistant Agriculture Officer / Equivalent
1. Manipur PSC application in prescribed form is invited from the eligible candidates for direct recruitment to the post under mentioned in the Horticulture & Soil Conservation Department, Manipur.
|Name of Post||Scale Pay||Class / Group||No. of Post||Category wise Number of Post||OBC|
|UR||ST||SC||Meitei / Meetei||Meitei Pangal|
|Assistant Agriculture Officer / Equivalent||9,300- 34,800/- Plus GP of 4.200/- pm||Group -B ( Class-II )||32||15||10||01||05||01|
2. Essential Qualification for MPSC Assistant Agriculture Officer 2014 : B.Sc. ( Agri. / Horti. ) from a recognized University or its equivalent.
Desirable Qualification for MPSC Assistant Agriculture Officer 2014 : Knowledge of Manipuri & Hindi.
3. The date for determination of eligibility of the Candidate as regards the essential qualification and age will be 8th of November, 2014.
4. Age Limit for MPSC Assistant Agriculture Officer 2014 : 38 ( thirty eight ) years and below. ( Upper age limit is relaxable for Government servants appointed under the Government of Manipur to the extent of the period of the continuous services put in the post / service and by 5 ( five ) years for SC / ST candidates and 3 ( three ) years for OBC candidates and a Government servant who belongs to SC / ST / OBC will get the facility admissible to a Govt, servant in addition to the relaxation admissible to SC / ST / OBC candidates.
5. 200/- for General & OBC and 50/- for SC / ST candidates in cash as examination fee should be submitted along with the application form at the Counter of Manipur Public Service Commission.
6. The decision of the Commission as to eligibility or other-wise of the candidates will be final.
7. Certificates from Matriculation onwards to be authenticated by the Candidates themselves should be submitted with the application by the candidates.
8. The date of birth accepted by the Commission is that entered in the Matriculation or Secondary School Leaving Certificate or in a certificate recognised by an Indian University as equivalent to Matriculation.
9. The prescribed application form will be available on cash payment of 100/- at the Commission’s Counter w.e.f 10th of November, 2014 during office hour.
10. Closing date for issue and receipt of application form will be on 06.12.2014.
MPSC Assistant Agriculture Officer Exam Scheme 2014
Part – A
There shall be a written examination consisting of 200 Multiple Choice Questions ( MCQ ) carrying 300 marks with 3 hours duration.
1. General Studies : ( 50 MCQ )
The questions on General Studies will cover the following topics :
- General Science.
- Current events of national and international importance.
- History of India and Indian National Movement.
- Indian and World Geography.
- Indian Polity and Economy.
- General Mental Ability.
Questions on General Science will cover general appreciation and understanding of science including matters of everyday observation and experience as may be expected of a well educated person who has not made a special study of any particular scientific discipline. In current events, knowledge of significant national and international events will be tested. In History of India, emphasis will be on broad general understanding of the subject in its social, economic and political aspects.
Questions on the Indian National Movement will relate to the nature and character of the nineteenth century resurgence, growth of nationalism and attainment of Independence. In Geography, emphasis will be on Geography of India. Questions on the Geography of India will relate to physical, social and economic Geography of the country, including the main features of Indian agricultural and natural resources. Questions on Indian Polity and Economy will test knowledge of the country’s political system and constitution of India, Panchayati Raj, Social Systems and economic developments in India. On general mental ability, the candidates will be tested on reasoning and analytical abilities.
2. Agriculture ( 150 MCQ )
i. Agro-climatology-elements and effect on plant growth, weather abnormalities and protective measures, Elements of crop production, classification of crops, farming systems. Tillage, Soil erosion, soil and water conservation. Soil productivity fertility and management of problematic soils, soils organic matter, organic manures, fertilizers and their user efficiency. Irrigation – role of water responses, quality of water and water pollution, water requirements of crops, methods of irrigation, drainage. Concept, scope and problems of dry land agriculture, Problem of weeds and control measures. Seed quality and certification. Agronomy of important crops like cereals, pulses, oil seeds, fiber crops, forage crops, sugarcane, sugar beet, potato, cumin, isabgol etc.
ii. Objectives and methods of plant breeding, Mendel’s laws of inheritance, heterosis mutations, gene concept, plant water relationship, seed testing, type of seeds, seed production.
iii. Soil formation and profile development, basis ideas on soil survey and classification, soils of Rajasthan. Physical properties of soils, soil reaction, management of saline, alkaline and acid soils, fixation of phosphorus, potassium and ammonium in soils, essential plant nutrients and their functions, nutrient deficiency & toxicity symptoms, various tests to determine nutrient needs of plants, symbiotic and non-symbiotic nitrogen fixation, Organic manures and bio-fertilizers, chemical composition of FYM, night soil, oil cakes, bone meal, fish manure and common fertilizers. Olericulture – Classification of vegetables, nursery, transplantation, seed testing and storage, cultivation practice of cauliflower, cabbage, tomato, chillies, brinjal, carrot, radish, onion, pea, okra, muskmelon, watermelon and sweet potato, ornamental gardening and indoor gardening-lay out care & maintenance, cultivation of Roses. Pomology-layout of orchards, propagation methods, cultivation of mango, citrus, banana, guava, pomegranate, grapes, papaya, ber, phalsa, aonla, datepalm, Principles of fruits and vegetable preservation, dehydration, bottling, canning.
Part – B
The interview / personality test carrying 40 marks will be conducted for the candidates who qualify in the written Examination.