1. Applications are invited for the Manipur Civil Services Combined Competitive ( Preliminary ) Examination, 2013 under the Manipur Civil Services Combined Competitive Examination Rules, 2010 for selecting candidates for the Main Examination for recruitment to the following posts :
|SI. No||Name of Post||Scale Pay||Class / Group||No. of Post||General||SC||ST|
|Meitei / Meetei||Meitei Pangal|
|1||Manipur Civil Service - Grade - II||9,300 - 34,800/- + 5,400 ( GP )||Group A||22||10||1||7||3||1|
|2||Manipur Police Service Grade - II||9,300 - 34,800/- + 5,400 ( GP )||Group A||25||13||-||8||3||1|
|3||Manipur Finance Service Grade I ll||9,300 - 34,800/- + 4,400 ( GP )||Group A||28||15||-||9||3||1|
|4||Sub-Deputy Collector||9,300 - 34,800/- + 4,400 ( GP )||Group A||15||8||-||5||2||-|
|5||Election Officer||9,300 - 34,800/- + 4,400 ( GP )||Group A||1||1||-||-||-||-|
Manipur Civil Services 2013 Post Reserved for Physically Handicapped Persons
|SI. No.||Name of the Service||Category(s) for which identified||Functional Classification||Physical Requirement||No. of Reserved Vacancy|
|1||Manipur Civil Service||Locomotor Disability||BA, OL, BH, MW||S, ST, W, SE, H, RWT||1|
|Visual Impairment||LV||R, PP, L, KC, B, S, ST, W, H, RRWT||0|
|Hearing Impairment||HH||F, PP, L, KC, B, S, ST, W, H, RWT.||0|
|2||Manipur Finance Service||Locomotor Disability||BA, OL, BH||S, W, SE, RWC||0|
1. Persons suffering from not less than 40% of the relevant disability shall alone be eligible for the benefit of reservation.
2. The candidate should be in possession of disability certificate in the prescribed form issued by the competent authority in this regard.
The number of Manipur Civil Services vacancies 2013 is liable to change. The plan of the Manipur Combined Competitive Examination is as given at Appendix I.
2. Centre of Manipur Civil Services Examination 2013 : Imphal.
3. Manipur Civil Services Exam 2013 Eligibility Conditions :
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Age Limit for Manipur Civil Services Exam 2013 :
- Shall not be less than 21 years and not more than 30 years as on 1st of July, 2013.
- The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC / ST, 3 years for OBC and 10 years for Persons with Disabilities. Candidates belonging to SC / ST / OBC who are also physically handicapped will be eligible for grant of cumulative age relaxation under both the categories.
- Further, the upper age limit is relaxed by 5 years for candidates of all categories as a last time and the maximum age limit for all categories of candidates shall be :
- 35 years for General category;
- 38 years for OBC;
- 40 years for SC & ST;
- 45 years for visually impaired, hearing impaired and orthopadicaly candidates belonging to General category;
- 48 years for visually impaired, hearing impaired and orthopadicaly candidates belonging to OBC; and
- 50 years for visually impaired, hearing impaired and orthopadicaly belonging to SC & ST.
Save as provided above, the age limits prescribed can in no case be relaxed.
- Manipur Civil Services Exam 2013 Educational Qualifications :
A candidate must hold a degree of any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or possess an equivalent qualification as prescribed under Clause 6 (iii) of Schedule II, Chapter I of the Manipur Civil Services Combined Competitive Examination Rules, 2010.
- No. of Attempts for Manipur Civil Services Exam 2013 :
- 4 ( four ) attempts for general candidates,
- 7 ( seven ) attempts for OBCs,
- No restriction for SC / ST candidates who are otherwise eligible.
- A physically disabled person will get as many attempts as are available to other non-physically handicapped candidates of his or her community, subject to the condition that a physically handicapped candidate belonging to General Category shall be eligible for seven attempts. The relaxation will be available to the physically handicapped candidates who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.
I. An attempt at a Preliminary Examination shall be deemed to be an attempt at the Manipur Civil Services 2013 Examination.
II. Notwithstanding the disqualification / cancellation of candidature, the fact of appearance of the candidate at the examination will count as an attempt.
Note 1 : All candidates, who are declared qualified by the Manipur Public Service Commission for taking Combined Competitive ( Main ) Examination will be required to produce proof of passing the requisite examination along with their application for the Main Examination failing which candidates will not be admitted to the Manipur Civil Services Main Examination.
Note 2 : Candidates possessing professional and technical qualifications which are recognized by the Government as equivalent to professional and technical degree would also be eligible for admission to the Manipur Civil Services Examination.
Note 3 : Candidates who have passed the final professional MBBS or any other Medical Examination but have not completed their Internship by the time of submission of their application for Combined Competitive ( Main ) Examination, will be provisionally admitted to the Manipur Civil Services 2013 Examination provided they submit along with their application a copy of certificate from the concerned authority of the University / Institution that they had passed the requisite final professional medical examination. In such cases, the candidates will be required to produce at the time of their interview, original degree or a certificate from the concerned competent authority for the University / Institution that they had completed all requirements ( including completion of Internship ) for award of the Degree.
4. Manipur Civil Services Exam Fee 2013 : 200/-( Gen & OBC ) and 50/- ( SC & ST ) in cash payable to the Secretary, Manipur Public Service Commission, Imphal. Physically handicapped candidates are exempted from payment of fee. Any other forms of payment will not be entertained. Applications not accompanied by the full prescribed fee will not be considered except for the physically handicapped candidates.
5. The prescribed application forms along with syllabus for Manipur Civil Services Preliminary Examination 2013 and information to the candidates will be available on payment of 50/- from the counter of the office of MPSC during office hour from 03.08.2013.
6. The candidate or his / her representative shall submit in person / by hand the dully filled in Manipur Civil Services Exam 2013 application forms along with the self addressed stamped ( 5/- ) envelope of the size of 23 x 10 cm. In no case the candidates should submit their application forms through postal service / couriers in the wake of the uncertainty of postal services at this present juncture. Loss or delay due to postal service will not be the responsibility of the Manipur Public Service Commission and no claims in such matters will be entertained.
7. All candidates in service other than casual or muster roll will be required to state in the application form for Manipur Civil Services Exam 2013 that they have informed in writing their employer / controlling authority that they have applied for the examination. In case the employer or the controlling authority withholds permission to the candidates applying for appearing at the examination their application will be rejected and his / her candidature will be liable to be cancelled.
8. The last date for issue and receipt of Manipur Civil Services 2013 application form is 09.09.2013.
9. Manipur Civil Services Exam 2013 Admission Card will be issued from 30.09.2013.
10. No candidate will be admitted to the Manipur Civil Services Preliminary / Main Examination unless he / she hold a certificate of admission from the Manipur Public Service Commission for that purpose.
11. The decision of the Manipur Public Service Commission as to the eligibility or otherwise of a candidate for admission to the Manipur Civil Services Examination shall be final. If on verification at any time before or after the Manipur Civil Services Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Interview, it is found that a candidate does not fulfil any of the eligibility condition, his / her candidature for the Manipur Civil Services Examination will be cancelled by the Manipur Public Service Commission.
12. Manipur Civil Services Preliminary Examination 2013 will be held on 13.10.2013.
Manipur Civil Services Exam Scheme 2013
Manipur Combined Competitive Examination 2013 will consist of the Preliminary and the Main Examination.
Manipur Civil Services Preliminary Examination 2013 will consist of only one paper viz, General Studies – 300 marks and will be of 3 ( three ) hours duration.
Note : The question paper will be set in English and will be objective type multiple-choice questions.
Manipur Civil Services Main Examination 2013 will consist of written examination and Interview / Personality Test.
Manipur Civil Services 2013 written examination will consist of the following papers :
- Paper I ( General English ) ( Qualifying ) – 300 marks,
- Paper II ( Essay ) – 300 marks,
- Paper III & IV ( General Studies ) – 300 marks for each paper,
- Paper V, VI VII & VIII ( any 2 subjects to be selected from the list of optional subjects ) given below. Each subject will have 2 papers of 300 marks each. Each paper will be of 3 ( three ) hours duration.
List of Optional subjects for Manipur Civil Services 2013 Main Examination
|Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science||Mathematics|
|Commerce & Accountancy||Physics|
|Computer Science||Political Science, & International Relations|
|Indian History||Literature of one of the following languages : Manipuri, Hindi, and English|
Language : Hindi, Manipuri, English.
Script : Devanagari, Bengali, English.
1. The paper on General English will be of Matriculation or equivalent standard and will be of qualifying nature. The marks obtained in this paper will not be counted for ranking.
2. The papers on Essay, General Studies and Optional subjects of only such candidates will be evaluated as attained such minimum standard as may be fixed by the Manipur Public Service Commission in their discretion for the qualifying papers i.e. General English. For the literature papers of the Languages Viz. Hindi, Manipuri and English the scripts to be used are Devanagari, Bengali and English respectively.
1. Candidates will not be allowed to offer the following combination of subjects :
- Political Science & International Relations and Public Administration,
- Commerce & Accountancy and management,
- Mathematics and Statistics,
- Anthropology & Sociology,
- Agriculture & Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science,
- Management & Public Administration,
- Of the Engineering Subjects viz, Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering not more than one subject,
- Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science and Medical Science,
- Education and Philosophy or Psychology or Sociology.
- The question papers for the Manipur Civil Service Main Examination 2013 will be of conventional ( Essay ) type. Question papers in all the subjects shall be answered in English except those in the literature papers of the languages in which the answer should be in the script concerned. Interview / Personality Test will carry 200 marks.