Manipur Civil Services Combined Competitive ( Preliminary ) Examination, 2016
|The MCSCC ( Preliminary ) Examination 2016 will be held afresh on 03rd July, 2016 ( Sunday ), the Admit Cards for which can be downloaded from http://www.empsconline.gov.in w.e.f. 15th June, 2016.|
1. Applications are invited only through online for the Manipur Civil Services Combined Competitive ( Preliminary ) Examination, 2016 under the Manipur Civil Services Combined Competitive Examination Rules, 2010 for selecting candidates for the Main Examination for recruitment to the following posts / services :
|Sl. No.||Name of Post||Scale Pay||Class / Group||No. of Post||Gen||SC||ST||OBC|
|Meitei / Meetei||Meitei Pangal|
|1||Manipur Civil Service Grade - II||9,300 - 34,800/- + 5,400 ( GP )||Group - A||13||7||-||4||1||1|
|2||Manipur Police Service Grade - II||9,300 - 34,800/- + 5,400 ( GP )||Group - A||16||8||-||6||2||-|
|3||Sub Deputy Collector||9,300 - 34,800/- + 4,400 ( GP )||Group - A||48||25||2||12||6||3|
|4||Manipur Secretariat Service / Section Officer||9,300 - 34,800/- + 4,400 ( GP )||Group - A||4||4||-||-||-||-|
|5||Election Officer||9,300 - 34,800/- + 4,400 ( GP )||Group - A||1||-||-||-||1||-|
Post Reserved for Differently Abled Persons ( DAP )
|Sl. No.||Name of the Service||Category(s) for which identified||*Functional Classification||*Physical Requirement||No. of Reserved Vacancy|
|1||Sub Deputy Collector||Locomotor Palsy Disability||BA, OL, BH, MW||S, ST, W, SE, H, RW||01|
- Persons suffering from not less than 40% of the relevant disability shall alone be eligible for the benefit of reservation.
- The candidate should be in possession of disability certificate in the prescribed form issued by the competent authority in this regard. The number of Manipur MCS vacancies 2016 is liable to change.
2. Manipur MCS Prelims Exam Centre 2016 : Imphal.
3. Manipur MCS Prelims Exam Eligibility Conditions 2016 :
- The candidate must be a citizen of India.
- Manipur MCS Prelims Exam Age Limit 2016 :
- Shall not be less than 21 years and not more than 38 years as on 1st of July, 2015 ( 01.07.2015 ).
- The upper age limit is relaxable by 5 years for SC / ST, 3 years for OBC and 10 years for Differently Abled Persons ( DAP ). Candidates belonging to SC / ST / OBC who are also physically handicapped will be eligible for grant of cumulative age relaxation under both the categories :
- 38 years for General category;
- 41 years for OBC;
- 43 years for SC & ST;
- 40 years for DAP candidates belonging to General category;
- 51 years for DAP candidates belonging to OBC; and
- 53 years for DAP belonging to SC & ST.
- Manipur MCS Prelims Exam Educational Qualifications 2016 :
A candidate must hold a degree of any of the Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other Educational Institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 or possess an equivalent qualification as prescribed under Clause 6 (iii) of Schedule II, Chapter I of the Manipur Civil Services Combined Competitive Examination Rules, 2010.Note : 1All candidates, who are declared qualified by the Manipur Public Service Commission for taking Combined Competitive ( Main ) Examination will be required to produce proof of passing the requisite examination along with their application for the Main Examination failing which candidates will not be admitted to the Main Examination.Note : 2Candidates possessing professional and technical qualifications which are recognized by the Government as equivalent to professional and technical degree would also be eligible for admission to the Examination.Note : 3 Candidates who have passed the final professional MBBS or any other Medical Examination but have not completed their Internship by the time of submission of their application for Combined Competitive ( Main ) Examination, will be provisionally admitted to the Examination provided they submit along with their application a copy of certificate from the concerned authority of the University / Institution that they had passed the requisite final professional medical examination. In such cases, the candidates will be required to produce at the time of their interview, original degree or a certificate from the concerned competent authority for the University / Institution that they had completed all requirements ( including completion of Internship ) for award of the Degree.
- No. of Attempts in Manipur MCS Prelims Exam 2016 :
- 6 ( Six ) attempts for general candidates
- 9 ( Nine ) attempts for OBCs ( the relaxation will be available to the candidates who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates. )
- No restriction for SC / ST candidates who are otherwise eligible.
- A Differently Abled Person will get as many attempts as are available to other non-physically handicapped candidates of his or her community, subject to the condition that a physically handicapped candidate belonging to General Category shall be eligible for seven attempts. The relaxation will be available to the physically handicapped candidates who are eligible to avail of reservation applicable to such candidates.
Note : I An attempt at a Manipur MCS Preliminary Examination 2016 shall be deemed to be an attempt at the Examination.
Note : II Notwithstanding the disqualification / cancellation of candidature, the fact of appearance of the candidate at the examination will count as an attempt.
4. Starting and Closing Date for Submission of Manipur MCS Online Application 2016 :
The Manipur MCS Prelims Exam Online Application 2016 should be applied at www.empsconline.gov.in w.e.f 06.01.2016 up to 12:00 midnight of 27.01.2016 after which the link will be disabled. Submission of application in any other mode will not be entertained.
5. Mode of Submitting Manipur MCS Prelims Exam Applications 2016 :
Before applying for the post, candidates should register as per “One Time Registration” scheme through the official website of Manipur Public Service Commission www.empsconline.gov.in. Candidates need to upload and fill all details before applying any post. Once the One Time Registration is completed, candidates need to fill up and complete his / her profile by submitting all the relevant details, This includes :
- Upload Passport Photograph, signature, age proof etc.
- Add Personal Information.
- Add Parents information.
- Add Education information.
- Add Language and Physical Nature.
- Add experience.
Once the above mentioned processes are completed, only then the candidate can apply for the post. Candidates are responsible to ensure correctness of the personal information and secrecy of password and they shall keep in mind the user ID and the mobile number for further communication. Applications which are submitted not in accordance with the instructions will be summarily rejected. Documents to prove Qualification, experience, age, community etc. have to be produced as and when called for by the Manipur Public Service Commission. Any variance in the documents submitted online and physical documents will be summarily rejected.
Application Fee for Manipur MCS Prelims Exam 2016 : Candidates ( except Differently Abled candidates ) are required to pay a fee of 300/- ( Gen & OBC ) and 150/- ( SC & ST ) by using net banking, Visa / Master Card / Debit card through the empsconline portal.
Note 1: Candidates should note that payment of examination fee can be made only through online mode as mentioned above. Payment of fee through any other mode is neither valid nor acceptable. Applications submitted without prescribed fee / mode shall be summarily rejected.
Note 2 : Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstances nor can the fee be held in reserve for any other examination or selection.
Note 3 : For the Applicants in whose case payments details have not been received from the bank, they will be treated as fictitious payment cases and their applications will be rejected in the first instance. A list of such applicants shall be made available on the Manipur Public Service Commission website within 3 ( three ) days after the last date of submission of online application. The applicants shall be required to submit the proof of their fee payment within 10 days from the date of such communication to the Manipur Public Service Commission. On receipt of documentary proof, genuine fee payment cases will be considered and their applications will be revived, if they are otherwise eligible.
In case of any problem being faced in the processing of the online application, drop a mail at firstname.lastname@example.org along with your phone number and problem being faced from your registered user mail ID.
6. All candidates in service other than casual or muster roll will be required to state in the application Form that they have informed in writing their employer / controlling authority that they have applied for the examination. In case the employer or the controlling authority withholds permission to the candidates applying for appearing at the examination their application will be rejected and his / her candidature will be liable to be cancelled.
7. The eligible candidates shall be issued an Manipur MCS Prelims Exam e-Admission Certificate 2016. The Manipur Civil Service Prelims Exam e-Admission Certificate 2016 will be made available in the MPSC Website ( www.empsconline.gov.in ) for downloading by the candidates from 15th June, 2016. No Admission Certificate will be issued from MPSC Office or sent by post.
8. No candidate will be admitted to the Manipur MCS Preliminary / Main Examination unless he / she hold an e-admission certificate for the purpose.
9. The decision of the Manipur PSC Commission as to the eligibility or otherwise of a candidate for admission to the Examination shall be final. If on verification at any time before or after the Manipur Civil Services Preliminary Examination, Main Examination and Interview, it is found that a candidate does not fulfil any of the eligibility condition, his / her candidature for the Examination will be cancelled by the Manipur Public Service Commission.
Manipur MCS Prelims Exam Plan 2016
1. The Combined Competitive Examination comprises two successive stages :
- The Manipur Civil Services Combined Competitive Preliminary Examination ( Objective Type ) for the selection of candidates for Main Examination and
- The Combined Competitive Main Examination ( Written and Interview ) for the selection of the candidates for the various services & posts for which examination is conducted.
2. The Manipur Civil Services Combined Competitive Preliminary Examination 2016 will consist of 1 ( one ) paper of objective type ( multiple choice questions ) and carry a maximum of 300 marks in General Studies only, for which the syllabus is mentioned in sub-section (A) of section II. This examination is meant to serve as a screening test only; the marks obtained in the Preliminary Examination by the candidates who are declared qualified for admission to the Main Examination will not be counted for determining their final order of merit.
The number of candidates to be admitted to the Manipur MCS Main Examination 2016 will be 12 – 13 times the total approximate number of vacancies to be filled in the year in the various services and posts. Only those candidates who are declared by the Manipur Public Service Commission to have qualified in the Preliminary Examination in a year will be eligible for admission to the Main Examination of that particular year, provided they are otherwise, eligible for admission to the Main Examination.
3. The Combined Competitive Main Examination will consist of Written Examination and Interview / Personality Test. The written examination will consist of 8 ( eight ) compulsory papers of conventional essay type in the subjects set out in sub-section(B) of section II. Also note(ii) under para I of sub section(B) of section II may be seen.
4. Candidates who obtain such minimum qualifying marks in the written part of the Main Examination as may be fixed by the Manipur PSC Commission at their discretion, shall be summoned by them for an interview for a personality test under sub section (C) of section II. However, the paper on General English will be of qualifying nature. Also see Note(ii) under para I of sub section(B) of section II. The marks obtained in General English will not be counted for ranking. The number of candidates to be summoned for Manipur MCS interview 2016 will be about twice the number of vacancies to be filled up. The Manipur MCS interview will carry 200 marks ( with no minimum qualifying marks ).
Marks thus obtained by the candidates in the Main Examination ( Written part as well as Interview ) would determine their final ranking. Candidates will be allotted to the various services / posts keeping in view their ranks in the Examination and the preferences expressed by them for the various services / posts.
Scheme and Subjects for the Preliminary and Main Examinations :
A. Combined Competitive Preliminary Examination :
The Manipur Civil Services Combined Competitive Preliminary Examination 2016 will be in Single Paper of objective type in the subject “General Studies” ( degree standard ) of 3 ( three ) hours duration having 200 questions, with a maximum of 300 marks.
There will be no penalty for wrong answers :
There will be penalty for wrong answers marked by a candidate in the objective type question papers.
- There are four alternatives for the answer to every question. For each question for which a wrong answer has been given by the candidate, one-third (0.33) of the marks assigned to that question will be deducted as penalty.
- If a candidate gives more than one answer, it will be treated as 3 wrong answer even if one of the given answers happens to be correct and there will be same penalty as above to that question,
- If a question is left blank, i.e.,. no answer is given by the candidate, there will be no penalty for that question.
B. Combined Competitive Main Examination :
( Written and Interview )
1. The Manipur MCS Main written examination 2016 will consist of the following papers :
|Paper I||General English||300 marks||one paper||3 hours|
|Paper II||Essay||300 marks||one paper||3 hours|
|Papers III & IV||General Studies||300 marks for each paper||two papers||3 hours for each paper|
|Papers V, VI, VII & VIII||Any 2 subjects to be selected from the list of optional subjects set out in para 2 below. Each subject will have 2 papers.||300 marks for each paper||four papers||3 hours for each paper|
Manipur MCS Interview test 2016 will carry 200 marks.
- The paper on General English will be of Matriculation or equivalent standard and will be of qualifying nature. The marks obtained in the paper will not be counted for ranking.
- The paper on Essay, General Studies and Optional subjects of only such candidates will be evaluated as attained such minimum standard as may be fixed by the Manipur PSC Commission in their discretion for the qualifying paper i.e. General English.
- For the literature papers of the Languages, the scripts to be used by the candidates will be as under :
Language Script Hindi Devanagari Manipuri Bengali English English
1. List of Optional Subjects for Main Examination :
|1. Agriculture||8. Computer Science||15. Law||22. Political Science, & International Relations|
|2. Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science||9. Economics||16. Management||23. Psychology|
|3. Anthropology||10. Education||17. Mathematics||24. Public Administration|
|4. Botany||11. Electrical Engineering||18. Mechanical Engineering||25. Sociology|
|5. Chemistry||12. Geography||19. Medical Science||26. Statistics|
|6. Civil Engineering||13. Geology||20. Philosophy||27. Zoology|
|7. Commerce & Accountancy||14. History||21. Physics||28. Literature of one of the following languages : Manipuri, Hindi, and English|
i. Candidates will not be allowed to offer the following combination of subjects :
- Political Science and International Relations and Public Administration;
- Commerce & Accountancy and Management;
- Mathematics and Statistic;
- Anthropology and Sociology;
- Agriculture & Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science;
- Management and Public Administration;
- Of the Engineering Subjects viz., Civil Engineering, Electrical Engineering and Mechanical Engineering – not more than one subject;
- Animal Husbandry & Veterinary Science and Medical Science.
- Education and Philosophy or Psychology or Sociology.
ii. The question papers for the main examination will be of conventional ( Essay ) type.
- Each papers will be of 3 ( three ) hours duration.
- Question papers in all the subjects shall be answered in English except those in the literature or language in which the answer should be in the script concerned, as also mentioned in Note(iii) of sub section B of section II above.
- The details of the syllabi are set out in section III part B.
General Instructions :
( Preliminary as well as Main Examination )
1. Candidates must write the papers in their own hand. In no circumstances, will they be allowed the help of a scribe to write the answers of them.
2. The Manipur PSC Commission have discretion to fix qualifying marks in any or all the subjects of the Examination.
3. Credit will be given for orderly, effective, and exact expression combined with due economy of words in all subjects of the examination.
4. In the question papers, whenever required, S.I. units will be used.
5. Candidates should use only International Form of Indian numerals ( i.e. 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 etc. ) while answering question papers.
6. Marks will not be allotted for mere superficial knowledge.
7. Candidates are allowed to use battery operated pocket calculators for conventional ( Essay ) type papers only. No calculator is allowed for objective type papers. Loaning or interchanging of calculator in the examination hall is not permitted.
8. If the candidate’s handwriting is not easily legible, a deduction will be made on this account from the total marks otherwise accruing to him.
C. Manipur MCS Interview Test 2016
The candidates will be interviewed by a Board who will have before them a record of his / her career. He / She will be asked question on matters of general interest with specific stress on matters relating to Manipur. The objective of the Interview is to assess the personal suitability of the candidates for a career in public service by a Board of competent and unbiased observers. The test is intended to judge the mental calibre of a candidate.
In broad terms, this is really an assessment of not only his / her intellectual qualities but also social traits, his / her interest in current affairs, mental alertness, critical powers of assimilation, clear and logical exposition, balance of judgement, variety and depth of interest, ability of social cohesion and leadership, intellectual and moral integrity.
1. The technique of the Manipur MCS interview 2016 is not that of a strict cross – examination but fo a natural though directed and purposive conversion which is intended to reveal the mental qualities of the candidates.
2. The interview test is not intended to be a test either of the specialised or general knowledge of the candidates which has been already tested through their written papers. Candidates are expected to have taken an intelligent interest not only in their special subjects of academic study but also in the events which are happening around them both within and outside Manipur or the Country as well as in modern currents of thought and in new discoveries which should arouse the curiosity of well educated youths.
Syllabi for The Manipur MCS Prelims Examination 2016
Part A – Preliminary Examination
Compulsory Subject for Preliminary Examination
Current events of national and international importance
History of India and Indian National Movement
Indian and World Geography
Indian Polity and Economy
General Mental Ability
Questions on General Science will cover general appreciation and understanding of science including matters of everyday observation and experience, as may be expected of a well educated person who has not made a special study of any particular scientific discipline. In current events, knowledge of significant national and international events will be tested. In History of India, emphasis will be on broad general understanding of the subject in its social, economic and political aspects.
Questions on the Indian National Movement will relate to the nature and character of the nineteenth century resurgence, growth of nationalism and attainment of Independence. In Geography, emphasis will be on Geography of India. Questions on the Geography of India will relate to physical, social and economic Geography of the country, including the main features of Indian agricultural and natural resources. Questions on Indian Polity and Economy will test knowledge of the country’s political system and constitution of India, Panchayati Raj, Social Systems and economic developments in India. On general mental ability, the candidates will be tested on reasoning and analytical abilities.