Kerala Public Service Commission Recruitment 2014 for Police ( Armed Police Battalion )
Kerala PSC applications must be submitted online through the official website of the Commission after ‘One Time Registration’. Candidates who have already registered can apply through their profile.
1. Department : Police ( Armed Police Battalion )
2. Name of Kerala PSC Post : Armed Police Sub Inspector ( Trainee )
Note : Women and Physically handicapped candidates are not eligible to apply for this post.
3. Scale of Pay for Kerala PSC Police 2014 : 16980-31360/-
4. Kerala PSC Police Number of Vacancies 2014 : Anticipated Vacancies
Note : The Ranked List of candidates published by the Kerala PSC Commission in response to this notification shall cease to be in force after one year from the date of finalisation of Ranked List or after one month from the date of commencement of the Kerala PSC Police training in respect of the last batch of candidates advised from the ranked list with in a period of one year from the date of finalisation of the Ranked List whichever is later. Candidates will be advised from the said list against the vacancies reported and pending before the Commission and the vacancies that may be reported to the Commission in writing during the period of currency of the list.
5. Method of Kerala PSC Police Appointment 2014 : Direct Recruitment
- Category No 257/2014 Open Market
- Category No 258/2014From Graduate Head Constables, Police Constables, and officers of corresponding rank in Police or Vigilance Department who have completed probation.
- Category No. 259/2014
For non-graduate SC / ST candidates ( The applications of those SC / ST candidates who have passed pre-university / Pre-Degree or equivalent Examination of recognised University and are applying under this category shall be considered only if sufficient number of SC / ST candidates are not available under category I. )
6. Age Limit for Kerala PSC Police Jobs 2014 :
|Category – I||( Open Market ) - 20-31 : Only candidates born between 02.01.1983 and 01.01.1994 ( both dates included ).|
|For other conditions regarding the age relaxation, please see para 2 of part II General Conditions.|
|Category – II||( Constabulary ) - 20-36 Only candidates born between 02.01.1978 and 01.01.1994 ( both dates included ).|
The Kerala PSC Police vacancies reported and pending and the vacancies that may be reported to the Kerala Public Service Commission in writing during the period of currency of the Ranked List published by the Commission in response to this notification will be apportioned among (1) open market and (2) Graduate Head Constables, Police Constable and officers of the corresponding rank in Police or Vigilance departments in accordance with the order contained in the GO(P) No. 6/84/Home dated 18.1.1994. The relative seniority of the candidate in the above two categories will be decided as laid down in GO(MS) 217/86/Home dated 10.10.1980.
- The list of selected candidates published by the Kerala Public Service Commission in response to this notification shall cease to be in force after one year from the date of finalisation of the Ranked List or after one month from the date of commencement of training in respect of the last batch of candidates advised from the Ranked List within a period of one year from the date of finalisation of the Ranked List whichever is later.
- If sufficient number of suitable candidates are not available from the Departmental candidates to fill up the quota reserved for them the deficiency will be made good by selection from the Open Market.
- The principles of rules of reservation and rotation prescribed in Rules 14 to 17 of part II of the Kerala State and Subordinate Service Rules will not apply for Department quota. Candidates under this category will be advised on the basis of merit only.
7. Qualifications for Kerala PSC Police Recruitment 2014 :
- Educational Qualification : Graduation ( Rule 10 (a) ii of Part II of KS & SSR is applicable.
Note : In the case of Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe candidates, if sufficient number of fully qualified candidates are not available, applications of those who have passed Pre-University / Pre-Degree or equivalent Examinations of recognised University shall be considered only to fill up the quota reserved for them under Category I.
- Physical Conditions :Must be physically fit and should posses the following minimum physical standards.
i Height : 167 cms ( Taller persons will be given preference ) ii Chest : 81 cms with minimum expansion of 5 cms.
Note : For Scheduled Caste / Scheduled Tribe candidates the minimum height and chest measurements shall be 160 cms and 76 cms respectively.
iii. Should be certified to possess the visual standards specified below without glasses.
Sl. No. Vision Left Eye Right Eye 1. Distant Vision 6/6 Snellen 6/6 Snellen 2. Near Vision 0.5 Snellen 0.5 Snellen
- Each eye must have full field of vision.
- Colour Blindness, squint or any morbid condition of the eye or lids of either eye will be a disqualification.
- Candidates should be free from apparent physical defects like knock knee, flat feet, varicose veins, bowlegs deformed limbs, irregular and protruding teeth, defective speech and hearing etc.
iv. Candidates should produce at the time of interview a Medical Certificate in original in the form prescribed here under certifying to their physical fitness and eye sight without glasses.The Medical Certificate should be one obtained from a Medical Officer not below the rank of a Civil Surgeon.
Note : Details regarding standards of vision should be clearly stated in the certificate, as given above and vague statements such as vision “normal”, “average” etc will not be accepted. Specification of each eye should be stated separately against each item. If the specifications are not as indicated above, the officer issuing the certificate should notify whether the candidate has got better standards of vision or worse standards of vision, as the case may be, otherwise the certificate will not be accepted.
v. In addition to the qualification, prescribed above every candidates will be subjected to a physical efficiency test. ( The physical measurements of the candidates will be taken before conducting physical efficiency test and those who do not possess the prescribed physical measurements will not be permitted to participate in the physical efficiency test. Candidates must qualify atleast five of the undermentioned eight events of one star standard which is the minimum requirements for recruitment.
Sl. No. Item Minimum Standards of Efficiency 1
100 Metres Run 14 Seconds 2 High Jump 132.20 cm ( 4'6'' ) 3 Long Jump 457.20 cm ( 15' ) 4 Putting the Shot ( 7264 Grams ) 609.6 cm ( 20' ) 5 Throwing the Cricket Ball 6096 cm ( 200' ) 6 Rope climbing ( Only with hands ) 365.80 cm ( 12' ) 7 Pull ups or Chinning 8 times 8 1500 Metres Run 5 Minutes & 44 seconds
Note : If accidents or injuries happen to a candidate while participating in the Physical Efficiency Test, he will not be given further chance to participate in the test.
8. Tentative Schedule of Kerala PSC Examinations 2014
- O.M.R. Test : 2nd August 2014
- Physical Efficiency Test : Between December 2014 and February 2015
9. Kerala PSC Conditions of Service : Persons recruited direct for appointment to the category of Armed Police Sub Inspector shall undergo training for a period of one year in the Police Training College and / or in such other institutions as may be specified by Government or the State Police Chief. The period of training shall no be treated as duty and shall not be counted for any service benefits including increment, probation etc. and during the period of training the trainee shall be paid such stipend as may be specified by Government. They will be on probation for a period of two years on duty within a continuous period of three years.
10. Mode of Submitting Applications for Kerala PSC Police Jobs 2014 : Candidates must register as per ‘One Time Registration’ on the Official Website of Kerala Public Service Commission ‘www.keralapsc.gov.in‘ for applying for the Kerala PSC post. Candidates who have already registered shall apply by logging in to their profile using their User-ID and password. Candidates shall click on the ‘Apply Now’ button of the respective posts in the Notification link to apply for a post. No application fee is required. Candidates can view and have a print-out of the details in the profile by clicking the link Registration Card, if required. Candidates are responsible for the correctness of the personal information and secrecy of password.
Before applying for a Kerala PSC post, candidates must ensure correctness of the information in their profile. They shall keep in mind the User-ID for further communication with the Kerala Public Service Commission. Applications once submitted will be received as provisional and particulars shall not be deleted or altered after submission. Applications submitted not in accordance with the conditions of the Kerala PSC notification will be summarily rejected.
Documents to prove Qualification, experience, community, age etc. have to be produced as and when called for.
11. Kerala PSC Website Address : www.keralapsc.gov.in
12. Last Date of Receipt of Kerala PSC Applications : 16.07.2014 Wednesday up to 12.00 midnight.
13. If a Kerala PSC Police written test / OMR Test is conducted as part of this selection, Hall Tickets of eligible candidates will be made available in the website of the Kerala Public Service Commission. Candidates are instructed to download their Hall Ticket as per the instructions in the website.