Kerala Public Service Commission Recruitment 2016 for Excise Inspector
Kerala PSC applications must be submitted online through the official website of the Commission after ‘One Time Registration’. Candidates who have already registered can apply through their profile.
1. Department : Excise
2. Name of Kerala PSC Post 2016 : Excise Inspector
3. Kerala PSC Excise Inspector 2016 Scale of Pay : 30700-65400
4. Number of Vacancies for Kerala PSC Excise Inspector 2016 : Not Estimated
The List of selected candidates published by the Commission in response to this notification
shall cease to be in force after one year from the date of finalisation of Ranked List.
5. Method of Appointment : Direct Recruitment
From approved Probationers in any of the categories of Assistant Excise Inspector, Excise Preventive Officer, Civil Excise Officer/Women Civil Excise Officer. The principles of rules of reservation and rotation prescribed in rule 14 to 17 of Part II of the Kerala State and Subordinate Service Rules 1957 will not apply for this post. The Candidates will be advised in Rank order against the turn set apart for this category along with open quota. 10% of the vacancies reported for the post of Excise Inspector (Direct Recruitment) will be filled from the Ranked List prepared in response to this notification. In the absence of sufficient number of suitable candidates in the Ranked List prepared in response to this notification, the above vacancies shall be filled up by candidates included in the Ranked List prepared for open quota.
6 Age Limit for Kerala PSC Excise Inspector 2016 : 19-45
Must not have completed 45 (Forty Five) years as on 01.01.2016. Candidates born on or after 02.01.1971 are eligible to apply for the post.
7. Kerala PSC Excise Inspector 2016 Qualifications :
- Must possess B.A, B.Sc or B.Com Degree of any recognized University or its equivalent qualification. ( KS & SSR Part II rule 10 (a) ii is applicable. ) In the case of Ex-Servicemen the minimum qualification shall be SSLC.
- Physical Measurement : Must not be less than 165 cms, in height, 81 cms, round the chest with a minimum expansion of 5 cms, provided that the minimum height in the case of candidates belonging to SC / ST shall be 160 cms, only. There will be no relaxation for chest measurement in the case of SC / ST candidates.
- Eye Sight : Candidate should produce at the time of interview a Medical Certificate in original obtained from a Medical Officer not below the rank of Civil Surgeon Grade II in the form prescribed hereunder, certifying their Physical Fitness, Capacity for outdoor work and Eye sight etc.
Must be certified to possess the visual standards specified below without glasses.
Vision Right Eye Left Eye Distant Vision 6/6 Snellen 6/6 Snellen Near Vision 0.5 Snellen 0.5 Snellen
- Physical Efficiency Test :In addition to the above qualification every candidate will be subjected to a Physical Efficiency Test. Their Physical measurements will also be taken before the Physical Efficiency Test. Candidates must qualify in at least five of the under mentioned eight events.
Sl. No. Item Minimum Standards of Efficiency 1
100 Metres Race 14 Seconds 2 High Jump 132.20 cm ( 4'6'' ) 3 Long Jump 457.20 cm ( 15' ) 4 Putting the Shot ( 7264 Grams ) 609.60 cm 5 Throwing the Cricket Ball 6096 cm 6 Rope climbing ( Only with hands ) 365.80 cm 7 Pull ups or Chinning 8 times 8 1500 Metres Run 5 Minutes & 44 seconds
2. Preference will be given to Ex-Servicemen subject to the condition stipulated in G.O. ( MS ) 50/70/PD dated 12.02.70
3. Ladies and physically handicapped persons are not eligible to apply for this post.
4. Ex-Servicemen will be entitled to the relaxations contemplated in G.O.(Ms) No.71/78/TD dated 08.06.1978 for Physical Efficiency Test.Probation : Every person appointed to this post shall from the date on which he joins duty be on probation for two years within a continuous period of 3 years.
Kerala PSC Excise Inspector Job Training 2016 :Every person appointed to this post shall undergo such training for a period of not less than six months as may be prescribed by the Department. The period of training shall count for Probation and increment.Test : Every person appointed for this post should within the period of probation pass Account Test ( Lower ) and Excise Test Part A & B.
8. Physical Efficiency Test :
In addition to the above qualification every candidate will be subjected to a Physical
Efficiency Test. Their Physical measurements will also be taken before the Physical Efficiency
Test. Candidates must qualify in at least five of the under mentioned eight events.
9. Mode of Submitting Kerala PSC Applications 2016
Candidates must register as per ‘One Time Registration’ on the Official Website of Kerala Public Service Commission ‘www.keralapsc.gov.in‘ for applying for the post. Candidates who have already registered shall apply by logging in to their profile using their User-ID and password. Candidates shall click on the ‘Apply Now’ button of the respective posts in the Notification link for a post. No application fee is required. Candidates can view and have a print-out of the details in the profile by clicking the link Registration Card, if required. Candidates are responsible for the correctness of the personal information and secrecy of password.
Before applying for a post, candidates must ensure correctness of the information in their profile. They must quote the User-ID for further communication with the Kerala Public Service Commission. Applications for Kerala PSC once submitted will be received as provisional and particulars shall not be deleted or altered after submission. Applications submitted not in accordance with the conditions of the notification will be summarily rejected. Documents to prove Qualification, experience, community, age etc. have to be produced as and when called for.
10. Kerala PSC Website Address : www.keralapsc.gov.in
11. Last Date of Receipt of Applications for Kerala PSC Excise Inspector 2016 : 31.08.2016 Wednesday up to 12.00 midnight.
12. OMR Test is conducted as part of this selection; Hall Tickets of eligible candidates will be made available in the website of the Kerala Public Service Commission. Candidates are instructed to download their Hall Ticket as per the instructions in the Kerala PSC website. ( For details, please see the General Conditions given below as Part II of this notification. )