Kerala PSC Recruitment 2016 for Computer Assistant
( Category No. 43/2016 )
Kerala Public Service Commission applications are invited online only from qualified candidates for appointment in the undermentioned post in various Universities in Kerala. Before applying for the post candidates should register as per One Time Registration through the official website of Kerala Public Service Commission.
1. Department / Name of Institution : Universities in Kerala
2. Name of Post : Computer Assistant Grade II
3. Scale of Pay : 10480-18300/-
4. Number of Vacancies : Not estimated
The above vacancy is now in existence. The Ranked list of selected candidates published by the Commission in response to this notification shall remain in force for a minimum period of one year provided that the said list will continue to be in force till the publication of a new list after the expiry of the minimum period of one year or till the expiry of three years whichever is earlier. Candidates will be advised from the said list against the vacancies noted above and that may be reported to the Commission in writing during the period of the currency of the list.
5. Method of appointment : Direct Recruitment.
6. Age limit for Kerala PSC Recruitment 2016 : 18-36. Only candidates born between 02.01.1980 and 01.01.1998 ( both dates included ) are eligible to apply for this post with usual relaxation to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and other backward communities. ( For other conditions regarding the age relaxation please see part 2 of the General Conditions ).
- This notification will be applicable to selection to the above mentioned post of all the Universities mentioned in Rule 2 a (i to xiii) of the Kerala Public Service Commission ( Additional functions as respects the Service under the Universities ) Act 2015 and also of the Universities added by law in due course.
- Only one ranked list will be published in pursuance of this notification and candidates will be advised from that list against all the vacancies reported for the post from all the Universities mentioned above. As such a candidate need send only one application. Candidates will be advised for recruitment to each University according to the order in which vacancies are reported from each University and in accordance with the ranks secured by them subject to the rules of reservation and rotation in force. Once advised his/her turn will be over and he/she will have no further claim for being considered for appointment from the ranked list to another university. As common ranked list is prepared for more than one university on the basis of a common written examination, a candidate appointed in a university and relieved for want of vacancy can register his/her name in the office of Kerala Public Service Commission and in such case he/she will be advised for appointment against the next vacancy reported from any of the above mentioned university. His/her service in the former university will be counted for probation in the latter university. For reappointment in the present university itself, no registration is necessary but one has to wait till vacancy arises in that university. Candidates will have no right to claim initial appointment to any particular university.
- 3% of the total vacancies reported shall be reserved for eligible Differently Abled candidates ( Candidates with Locomotive Disability / Cerebral Palsy, Low Vision, Hearing Impairment Vide GO(P) No.8/10/SWD dtd. 1.2.2010 )
7. Qualifications for Kerala PSC 2016 :
1. SSLC or its equivalent.
2. Higher Grade Certificate in Typewriting English (KGTE) and Computer Word Processing or its equivalent.
Note : Those who passed KGTE Typewriting before January 2002 should produce separate certificate in “Computer Word Processing” or its equivalent.
3. Lower Grade Certificate in Typewriting Malayalam (KGTE) or its equivalent.
- Typewriting Certificate issued by the Government alone will be accepted as proof of Typewriting qualification. Certificate issued from Typewriting Institute will not be considered.
- List of qualifications accepted so far as equivalent to KGTE Computer Word Processing is available in ‘Qualifications’ link of the official website.
8. Probation : The candidates selected to this post shall be on probation for a period of two years on duty within a continuous period of 3 years.
9. Mode of submitting Kerala PSC applications :
Candidates must register as per ‘One Time Registration’ with the Official Website of Kerala Public Service Commission www.keralapsc.gov.in before applying for the post. Candidates who have registered can apply by logging in to their profile using their User-ID and password by clicking on the ‘Apply Now’ button of the respective posts in the Notification Link. The photograph uploaded in the profile should be one taken on or after 31.12.2010. Name of the candidate and the date of taking photograph should be printed at the bottom portion in white background.
The photograph once uploaded meeting all requirements shall valid for 10 years from the date of uploading. There is no change in other instructions regarding the uploading of photographs. No application fee is required. Candidates shall take a printout of the application by clicking the link Registration card in their profile. Candidates are responsible for the correctness of the personal information and secrecy of password. Before the final submission of the application candidates must ensure correctness of the information on their profile. They must quote the User-ID for further communication with the Commission. Application once submitted is received as provisional and the details cannot be deleted or altered after the last date of receipt of applications.
The application submitted not in accordance with the conditions stipulated in the notification will be summarily rejected in due course of processing. Documents to prove qualification, experience, community, age etc. have to be produced as and when called for. The profile correction made by candidate or in the office of KPSC on request after the last date fixed for the receipt of application will not reflect in the application. Such corrections will be in effect on the date on which correction have made.
10. The tentative date for OMR test for the selection to this post is 26th May, 2016. Probability list will be published on 30th June, 2016 and one time verification will be held from 15th to 31st July, 2016. Personal intimation for OTV will not be sent to those candidates included in the probability list. Details regarding One Time Verification will be published in the official website and the candidates included in the list should be present for One Time Verification as per the schedule published as described above.
11. Last date for receipt of Kerala PSC applications : 27th April, 2016 Wednesday up to 12 midnight.
Part I – General Knowledge, Current Affairs & Renaissance in Kerala
Facts about India
Geography of India – Physical features – Climate – Soils – Rivers – Famous sites – etc.
Demography – Economic and social development – Poverty alleviation – Economy and planning – etc.
History of India – Period from 1857 to 1947 – National movement.
Facts about Kerala
Geographical Facts – Physical features – Climate – Soils – Rivers – Famous sites – etc.
Renaissance in Kerala
Important Events / Movements / Leaders
Brahmananda Swami Sivayogi, Chattampi Swami, Sree Narayana Guru, Vagbhatananda, Thycaud Ayya, Ayya Vaikundar, Poikayil Yohannan
( Kumara Guru ), Ayyankali, Pandit Karuppan, Mannathu Padmanabhan, V.T. Bhattathirippad, Dr. Palpu, Kumaranasan, Vakkom Moulavi, Blessed Kuriakose Elias Chavara, Etc.
Important world, national and regional events related to the political and scientific fields, sports, cinema and literature etc.
Part II : Computer Word Processing, Typing & Document Formatting
A. Computer Word Processing
Introduction to windows platform – mouse operations – concept of desktop, taskbar, Icons. Utilities – Paint, Word pad. Icons – changing size, moving, enlarging, copying. Files and Folders – creation, copying, deleting. Windows explorer, control panel. Zip & unzip files – rar files, virus scanning & removal.
Using internet browser, e-mail, search engines, Instant messengers, download managers, proxy settings – setting up Internet connection, browser plug-ins – using webcam.
3. Word Processing
Introduction to office automation – advantages of office automation. Introduction – Word menu – Tool bar – Document – creation, editing, saving, opening. Text – editing, deleting, inserting, selection, moving, copying, converting case, doing / undoing edits. Formatting documents – paragraph formatting – applying styles, header and footer, line spacing, Page layout -
numbering pages – inserting section break – spell check – newspaper columns. Tables – creation, editing, formatting, insertion, document with tables, Mail merge and template creation. Printing – print preview, Printer settings, printing
Electronic spreadsheet features – menu, cells workbook, work sheets. Entering data, text, functions – selecting cell, ranges – saving worksheet – Editing worksheet data – copying, cut & paste, inserting, deleting rows, columns, cell ranges – find and replace data – spell check. Formatting worksheet – changing column width, row height, aligning data, controlling text within a cell, changing font size, style, applying border, Pattern styles, charts – types, titles & legends, saving, moving and copying between sheets.
Formulas, functions – Entering formulas, cell references, Date and time formulas, working with range names, entering functions.
Printing – print preview, headers and footers – inserting, removing page break – working with data in a list – Adding and removing sub totals – sorting – hiding and displaying data.
5. Presentation Software
Design – Create presentation with background, logo etc. – Insert – pictures and images – change position or layout of pictures – Omit background graphics from a slide – Apply 3D effects, shadows, background fill colours, textures and patterns – Crop, resize, rotate, flip an image – Convert and image to greyscale or black and white format. Slide Show Setup – Insert navigation to slides – presentations and URL ‘s – Apply and edit timings – Create a customized slide show.
B. Typing & Document Formatting
Part III : General English
A. English Grammar
1. Types of Sentences and Interchange of Sentences
2. Different Parts of Speech
3. Agreement of Verb and Subject
4. Confusion of Adjectives and Adverbs
5. Comparison of Adjectives
6. Adverbs and Position of adverbs
7. Articles – The Definite and the Indefinite Articles
8. Uses of Primary and Model Auxiliary Verbs
9. Tag Questions
10. Infinitive and Gerunds
12. Tenses in Conditional Sentences
14. The Use of Correlatives
15. Direct and Indirect Speech
16. Active and Passive voice
17. Correction of Sentences
1. Singular & Plural, Change of Gender, Collective Nouns
2. Word formation from other words and use of prefix or suffix
3. Compound words
6. Phrasal Verbs
7. Foreign Words and Phrases
8. One Word Substitutes
9. Words often confused
10. Spelling Test
11. Idioms and their Meanings
12. Translation of a sentence / proverb in to Malayalam