Kerala Public Service Commission Recruitment 2014 for Agricultural Assistant Grade II
Special Recruitment for PH ( Locomotor disability / Cerebral palsy, Hearing impairment, Low vision ) for filling up of 3% backlog vacancies during 2004-07 ( State wide )
Applications must be submitted online through the official website of the Commission after ‘One Time Registration’. Candidates who have already registered can apply through their profile.
1. Department : Agriculture
2. Name of Post : Agricultural Assistant Grade II
3. Scale of Pay : 10,480–18,300/-
4. No. of Vacancy : PH ( Locomotor disability / Cerebral palsy, Hearing impairment, Low vision ) – 4 ( Four )
The Ranked List prepared in pursuance of this notification is intended to make recruitment to the backlog vacancies earmarked for the various categories and PH groups as per GO (P) No 7/2011/SWD dated 24/01/2011 and will remain in force for a maximum period of three years subject to the condition that the ranked list will cease to exist as and when candidates are advised and appointed against the above mentioned vacancies. Rules 14 to 17 of Part II, KS&SSR are not applicable to this selection.
Candidates will be advised and appointed against the above mentioned vacancies and also against the backlog vacancies, if any, reported by the Appointing Authorities as earmarked in GO(P) No 7/11/SWD dated 24/01/2011.
Selection to the above-mentioned vacancies will be made from among the ( Locomotor Disability / Cerebral palsy, Hearing impairment, Low vision ) PH categories found suitable for the post as per existing government orders and vacancies will be apportioned among these categories in the ratio 1:1:1. If any of these categories are not eligible for a post the vacancies will be apportioned among the other categories.
5. Method of Recruitment : Direct Recruitment ( from among the PH ( Locomotor disability / Cerebral palsy, Hearing impairment, Low vision ) candidates only.
Note : Application submitted by candidate other than those belonging to PH ( Locomotor disability / Cerebral palsy, Hearing impairment, Low vision ) category will be rejected. Individual rejection memo will not be sent to them.
6. Age :
- Hearing impairment and low vision candidates : 18–50; Only candidates born between 01.01.1996 and 02.01.1964 ( both dates included ) are eligible to apply for the post.
- Locomotor disability / cerebral palsy candidates 18–47. Only candidates born between 01.01.1996 and 02.01.1967 ( both dates included ) are eligible for this post.
7. Qualification : A.
- Diploma in Agricultural Science awarded by the Kerala Agricultural University or its equivalent. In the absence of qualified hands, under item (i) above.
- Vocational Higher Secondary Certificate in Agriculture. In the absence of qualified hands under item (i) and (ii)
- Pass in SSLC or its equivalent with Agriculture as optional subject Or
- Pass in SSLC or its equivalent and a recognized training in Agriculture Or
- Post Basic School Leaving Certificate with Agriculture as an optional subject.
7.B. Good Physique
The following are the Certificates accepted as recognised training in Agriculture
- Successful completion of 2 years certificate course in Agricultural Science conducted by Gandhigram Rural Institute, Madurai or by Other Rural Institutes recognised by the Government of India.
- Certificate in Agricultural Science awarded by the National Council of Rural Higher Education, Government of India.
- Certificate in KGTE or MGTE in Agriculture
- One Year training in Agriculture at an Agricultural School or a basic Agricultural School.
Note : 1) Persons who have completed the 2 years certificate course in Agriculture of the Rural Institute, Thavanur will be given preference over KGTE / MGTE hands. The preference mentioned above will be within the meaning of GO(MS)50/70/PD dated 12/02/1970.2) Candidates for Direct Recruitment will have to undergo an endurance test and a written/objective type test conducted by Kerala Public Service Commission.3) Persons in possession of Diploma in Agricultural Science awarded by the Kerala Agricultural University and Vocational Higher Secondary Certificate in Agriculture are exempted from endurance test (GO(MS)312/75/Agri. Dated 16/10/1975,GO(MS)66/05/Agri dated 12/04/2005)
The Endurance Test will consist of :
- 1600 m race–maximum duration of 10 minutes
- Digging a plot of 0.4 ares–maximum duration 1 hour
4) Pre Service Training : All direct recruits except those who possess any of the certificates accepted as recognised training in agriculture will have to undergo a course of training for 6 months in any of the two centres at Ollukkara and Thaliparamba. Intensive Training will be given in theory as well as practical. At the end of the training period final test consisting theory, practical and oral will be conducted by the Deputy Director of Agriculture of the District concerned. Those who fail in the first chance will be given two more chances to sit for the test during the period of probation, failing which their probation will be terminated and service dispensed with. The test will be conducted half yearly during the period of probation. After the successful completion of training, the candidates will be appointed as Agricultural Assistants on R 10480 – 18300 ( PR )
5) All the direct recruits except those who have got exemption from the training will have to execute a bond agreeing to serve the Government for a period of two years failing which he / she should pay back to Government all the money paid to him / her to all the expenses incurred by the Government for his / her training together with liquidated damages of R 300. The specimen form of the bond to be executed can be had from the Agricultural Department. A sum of 50 mensum (Vide GO(MS)No.407/70/Agri. dated 23/11/1970) will be paid as stipend during the period of training.
6) The Rank and Seniority of candidates selected for the post of Agricultural Assistant will be decided according to their ranks assigned in the advice list of the Public Service Commission, irrespective of whether they need or need not undergo pre service training. But in the case of those who fail to secure a pass after completion of the training in the first chance, their rank and seniority will be revised on the basis of the chances and mark they obtained in the subsequent chances. Candidates appointed by direct recruitment will be on probation for a period of two years duty within a continuous period of 3 years.
8. Method of Submitting Application : Before applying for the post, candidates should register as per “One Time Registration” with the official website of Kerala Public Service Commission ‘www.keralapsc.gov.in‘. Those who have already registered can apply by logging in to their profile using their User-Id and pass word. No application fee is required. Candidates can view, rectify defects and print the details in the registration card by clicking the link Registration card after entering the home page. Candidate are responsible to ensure correctness of the personal information and secrecy of password and they shall come into memory the user ID for further communication with the Commission. Applications which are submitted not in accordance with the instructions given in the website will be summarily rejected. Documents to prove qualification, age, community etc have to produced as and when called for.
9. As per Para 7 of GO(P) No.7/2011/SWD dated 24.01.11, appropriate adjustments will be made, if necessary, in the ratio among different categories, as and when the Government issues appropriate orders thereto, in order to recoup the paucity in the share due to Blind and Deaf categories during the period upto 2003.
10. Last date of receipt of applications : 14.05.2014 Wednesday upto 12 midnight.
11. Address to which applications are to be submitted : www.keralapsc.gov.in ( Please also see the General Conditions given in part II of the Gazette ).