Kerala PSC Recruitment 2016 for Women Police Constable ( Armed Police Battalion )
Kerala Public Service Commission applications are invited online only from qualified candidates belonging to reservation group of communities of Kerala State noted below for appointment in the post. Application must be submitted online through the Official website of the Commission after One Time Registration at the Commission website www.keralapsc.gov.in. Candidates who have already registered can apply through their profile.
- Department : Police
- Name of Post : Women Police Constable (Armed Police Battalion)
- Male candidates and differently abled candidates are not eligible to apply
- Scale of Pay : 22,200-48,000/-
- Number of Vacancies : Community wise
|Sl.No.||Category No.||Community||Battalion||District Office in Charge of Selection||No of Vacancies|
|4.||384/2016||Hindu Nadar||KAP IV||Kasargod||1
|5.||385/2016 ||OX||KAP II||Thrissur||1|
The selection in pursuance of this notification will be made for, battalions mentioned above. Candidates appointed to a Battalion will be allowed transfer only to the District Armed Reserves concerned as shown against the battalions noted above.
- Candidates are prohibited from applying to more than one battalion in response to the notification.
- Applications for the post shall be submitted in online mode only and applications submitted otherwise will be summarily rejected.
- Applications submitted by candidates belonging to the communities other than those notified will be summarily rejected. No rejection memo will be issued to such candidates.
- Ranked Lists will be prepared for respective Battalions in pursuance of this notification. Ranked List thus prepared and published by the Commission shall remain in force until the commencement of the training of the candidates advised against all the NCA Turns identified for the above communities for the respective Battalions during the currency of the Ranked List published for the post as per Category No 262/2014 notified for the above Battalions.
Details of parent Ranked Lists are furnished below :
|Sl. No.||Name of Battalion||Name of District and Police|
districts coming under the
|Category No.||Date of Publication of Ranked List|
|1||KAP II||Thrissur and Palakkad Revenue|
Districts (Thrissur and Palakkad Police Districts)
|2||KAP IV||Kannur, Wayanad and|
Kasararagod Revenue Districts
(Kannur, Wayanad and
Kasaragod Police Districts)
|3||KAP V||Kottayam and Idukki Revenue|
Districts. (Kottayam and Idukki
Method of Kerala PSC Appointment 2016 : Direct Recruitment from candidates belonging to the above mentioned communities only (Battalion wise)
Age Limit for Kerala PSC Women Police Constable 2016 :
- 18-29 – For candidates belonging to LC/AI, Muslim, Hindu Nadar, OX & Dheevara communities i.e only candidates born between 2.1.1987 and 1.1.1998 are eligible to apply for this post (both dates included). (including the age relaxation as mentioned in Para 2 of the General Conditions.)
- 18-31. For SC/ST candidates and candidates belonging to OX community, who have converted to Christianity from SC community after attaining 18 years and children of such parents i.e only candidates born between 2.1.1985 and 1.1.1998 are eligible to apply for this post (both dates included)(including age relaxation as per General Conditions 2 (i) of part II of Gazette notification.)
7. Qualifications for Kerala PSC Women Police Constable 2016 :
(a) KPSC Women Police Constable Educational : Pass in S.S.L.C or its equivalent (Rule 10 (a) (ii) of Part II of the KS&SSR is applicable).
(b) Physical Qualifications for Kerala PSC Women Police Constable 2016 :
1) Height : A minimum of 152 cm Minimum height shall be 150 cm for candidates belonging to Scheduled Caste.
2) Eye Sight : Must be certified to possess the visual standards specified below without glasses.
Vision – Right Eye – Left Eye
Distant Vision – 6/6 Snellen – 6/6 Snellen
Near Vision – 0.5 Snellen – 0.5 Snellen
- Each eye must have a full field of vision. Colour blindness, squint or any morbid conditions of the Eye or lids of either eye will be deemed to be a disqualification.
3. Must be free from apparent physical defects like Knock-knee, Flat Foot, Varicose vein, Bow legs, Deformed limbs, irregular and protruding tooth, Defective speech and hearing.
4. Must qualify in any five events out of eight events specified below of the National Physical Efficiency, One Star Standard Test.
Events – One Star Standards
1. 100 Meters Run – 17 Seconds
2. High Jump – 1.06 Meters
3. Long Jump – 3.05 Meters
4. Putting the Shot (4 kgs) – 4.88 Meters
5. 200 Meter runs – 36 Seconds
6. Throwing the throw ball – 14 Meters
7. Shuttle Race (25×4 meter) – 26 Seconds
8. Skipping (One Minute) – 80 Times
The height of candidates will be measured at the time of physical efficiency test and those who do not possess the prescribed height will not be admitted for the physical efficiency test. If accidents or injuries happen to a candidate while participating in the physical efficiency test, she will not be given further chance to participate in the test.
The candidates should produce at the time of physical efficiency test, a Medical Certificate in original in the form prescribed hereunder certifying to their physical fitness and eye sight without glasses. The Medical Certificate should be one obtained from a Medical Officer under the Government not below the rank of an Assistant Surgeon/Junior Consultant.
Mode of submitting Kerala PSC Women Police Constable applications :
Candidates must register as per ‘ONE TIME REGISTRATION’ with the official Website of Kerala Public Service Commission www.keralapsc.gov.in before applying for the post. Candidates who have registered can apply by logging on to their profile using their User-ID and password. Candidates must click on the ‘Apply Now’ button of the respective posts in the Notification Link to applying for a post. The Photograph uploaded should be one taken on or after 31/12/2010.
Name of the candidate and the date of taking photograph should be printed at the bottom portion. The photograph once uploaded meeting all requirements shall valid for 10 years from the date of uploading. There is no change in other instructions regarding the uploading of photographs. No application fee is required. Candidates shall take a printout of the application by clicking the link Registration Card in their profile. Candidates are responsible for the correctness of the personal information and secrecy of password.
Before the final submission of the application on the profile candidates must ensure correctness of the information on their profile. They must quote the User-ID for further communication with the Commission. Application submitted is provisional and cannot be deleted or altered after submission. The application will be summarily rejected if noncompliance with the notification is found in due course of processing. Documents to prove qualification, Experience, Community, age etc have to be produced as and when called for.
Last date of receipt of Kerala PSC applications : 14th December, 2016 (Wednesday) upto 12.00 midnight.