Kerala PSC Recruitment 2015 for Station Officer ( Trainee )
Kerala Public Service Commission applications are invited online only by ‘One Time Registration’ from qualified candidates for the under mentioned post. Candidates shall apply only through the online facility provided in the website of Kerala Public Service Commission.
1. Department : Fire and Rescue Services.
2. Name of Post : Station Officer ( Trainee ).
3. Kerala PSC Station Officer Scale of Pay 2015 : 16,180 – 29,180/-.
4. No. of Kerala PSC Station Officer Vacancies 2015 : 14.
The above vacancies are now in existence. The ranked list of candidates finalised by the Kerala Public Service Commission in pursuance of this notification shall cease to be in force after one year from the date of finalization of the ranked list or after one month from the date of commencement of the course of training in respect of the last batch of candidates advised from the ranked list within a period of one year from the date of finalization of ranked list whichever is later. Candidates will be advised from the said list against the vacancies noted above and that may be reported to the Kerala Public Service Commission in writing during the period of currency of the list.
5. Method of Kerala PSC Station Officer Appointment : Direct Recruitment.
6. Age Limit for Kerala PSC Station Officer 2015 : 20 – 31. Candidates born between 2.1.1983 and 1.1.1994 ( both dates included ) only eligible to apply for Kerala PSC Station Officer post. Other Backward Communities and SC / ST candidates are eligible for usual age relaxation. In the case of Clerks of Fire Force Department the upper age limit for appointment as Station Officer by direct recruitment shall be 39 years. [ for other conditions regarding the age relaxation please see para 2 of the General Conditions ].
7. Kerala PSC Station Officer Qualifications 2015 :
- Kerala PSC Station Officer Essential Qualification 2015 : Graduation in Science from a recognized University preferably in Chemistry.
Note : KS & SSR Part II Rule 10 (a) ii is applicable.
- Kerala PSC Station Officer Preferential Qualification 2015 : A good record in Sports and / or Games.
- Only International, National, Interzonal, Inter-state or State sporting events organised or recognized by any any of the organizations listed in Appendix VII of the Kerala Service Rules shall be accepted for this purpose.
- Preferential qualification mentioned above shall come within the meaning of G.O (Ms) 50/70/PD dated 12.2.1970.
2. Standards of Vision ( without Glasses )
|Right Eye||Left Eye|
|Distant Vision||6/6 Snellen||6/6 Snellen|
|Near Vision||0.5 Snellen||0.5 Snellen|
|Field of Vision||Full||Full|
Note : Must be certified to possess the visual standards specified above without above without glasses.
3. Kerala PSC Station Officer Physical Measurements 2015 :
|For General Candidates||For SC / ST Candidates|
|Height ( without Footwear )||165 cms||160 cms|
|Weight||50 kgs||48 kgs|
|Chest||81 cms||76 cms|
|Chest Expansion||5 cms||5 cms|
Note : Candidates must produce a Medical Certificate in original issued by a Medical Officer not below the rank of a Civil Surgeon Grade II in the form prescribed thereunder as to their physique, fitness and capacity for rough outdoor work and also of the visual standards at the time of physical efficiency test.
4. Kerala PSC Station Officer Physical Efficiency Test 2015 : Candidates must qualify in atleast 5 out of 8 items in the physical efficiency test showing the minimum standards of efficiency as noted below.
|Sl No||Items||Standard of Efficiency|
|1||100 Meters race||14 Seconds|
|2||High Jump||132.20 cms|
|3||Long Jump||457.20 cms|
|4||Putting the Shot ( 7264 gms )||609.60 cms
|5||Throwing the cricket ball||6096 cms|
|6||Rope Climbing ( only by hands )||365.80 cms|
|7||Pull Up or Chinning||8 times|
|8||1500 metres race||5 minutes and 44 seconds|
- Women and Physically handicapped persons are not eligible to apply for the post.
- A physical efficiency test will be conducted by the Kerala Public Service Commission to assess the physical standards and suitability of the candidates for the arduous nature of work.
Conditions of Service :
Bond : A person appointed by direct recruitment to the post of Station Officer shall execute a bond as given in Annexure – IV, binding himself to serve in the department for a period of 7 years specified in column (2) vide G.O (P) No 99/88 dated 17.8.1988, and shall pay to Government a sum of 8000/- in case he fails to serve in the department for the said period.
Probation : Every person appointed to the post shall from the date on which he joins duty be on probation for a total period of two years on duty within a continuous period of three years. He shall within the prescribed period of probation, pass the following test if he has not already passed them namely :
- The department test in the Kerala Fire Force Standing Orders and Practice.
- St.John’s Ambulance Examination in First Aid.
- Account Test ( Lower ).
Kerala PSC Station Officer Training 2015 :
- Course of initial training for the prescribed period in the State Fire Service Training School / National Fire Service College, Nagpur or any other recognized Fire Service Institution and a pass in the examination in the subjects prescribed for the course, if not already undergone such training and passed the examination.
- After the above course, training for an actual period of six months on duty with a fully trained Assistant Divisional Officer / Station Officer before independent posting to station.
Kerala PSC Station Officer Exam Date : April 2015.
Kerala PSC Station Officer Physical Efficiency Test : September 2015.
8. Mode of Submitting Kerala PSC Station Officer Applications 2015 :
Candidates must register as per “One Time Registration” with the Official Website of Kerala Public Service Commission viz ‘www.keralapsc.gov.in‘ before applying for the post. Candidates who have registered shall apply by logging on to the ‘Apply Now’ button of the respective posts in the Notification Link to apply for a post. No application fee is required. Candidates can view and have a printout of the details on the registration card by clicking the link Registration Card after entering the home page. Candidates are responsible for the correctness of the personal information and secrecy of password.
Before the final submission of the Kerala PSC Station Officer application on the profile, candidates must ensure the correctness of the information on their profile. They must quote their User Id for further communication with the Kerala Public Service Commission. Application submitted is provisional and cannot be deleted or altered on after submission. The Application will be summarily rejected if non compliance with the notification is found in due course of processing. Documents to prove Qualification, Community, age etc. have to be produced as and when called for.
9. Address to which applications are to be sent : www.keralapsc.gov.in.
10. Last Date of Receipt of Applications : 28.01.2015 Wednesday upto 12 midnight.
11. If Written Test / OMR Test is conducted as a part of the selection Admission Tickets of eligible candidates will be made available in the website of Kerala Public Service Commission. Candidates are instructed to download their Kerala PSC Station Officer Admission tickets as per the instructions given in the website. ( For details please see the General Conditions given below as Part II of Kerala PSC Station Officer Notification ).