Kerala PSC Recruitment 2016 for Driver Grade II (LDV)
Kerala Public Service Commission applications are invited online only from qualified candidates for selection to the following post.
Application must be submitted online through the official website of the Commission after “One Time Registration“. Candidates who have already registered can apply through their profile.
The photo uploaded through One Time Registration should be taken after 31.12.2010 and also bear the name of candidate and date of photo taken in the bottom of the photograph. The uploaded photo will be having a validity of ten years from the date of photograph taken.
- Name of the firm : Kerala Muncipal Common Services/Various Development Authorities.
- Name of Post : Driver Grade II (LDV)
- Scale of Pay : 52508390 (PR)
- Number of Vacancies : 10 (Only)
The vacancies are now in existence. OMR Test will be conducted as the first stage of the selection. The list of selected candidates published by the Commission in pursuance of this Notification shall remain in force for a minimum period of One year and a maximim period of three years provided that list will not continue to be in force if a new Ranked List after the expiry of minimum period of one year is published.
Candidate will be advised against the vacancies shown above and for all the vacancies reported during the period of pendency of the Ranked List.
- The Kerala Public Service Commission shall have the power to cancel the advice for appointment of any candidate to the service of any of the institutions under its purview if it is subsequently found that such advice was made under some mistake. On such cancellation the appointing authority shall terminate the service of the candidate, provided that the cancellation of advice for appointment by the Commission and subsequent termination of service of the candidate by the appointing authority shall be made with in the period of probation or 240 days from the date of joining duty whichever is earlier.
- The selection to the concern will be subject to the rules and regulations made from time to time.
5. Method of Appointment : Direct Recruitment
6. Age : 18-36 ”Only candidates born between 02.01.1980 and 01.01.1998 (both dates included) are eligible to apply for this post. Other backward Communities and SC/ST candidates are eligible for usual age relaxation.
- The provisional hands working in the above concern will be given age relaxation to the extent of their provisional service put in subject to a maximum of five years from the upper age limit provided they are within the prescribed age limit on the date of their first appointment in the above concern. But the regular employees of the concern are not eligible for the above concession for further appointment. The provisional hands should obtain a certificate showing the period of their provisional service in the concern and shall produce the same as and when required by the Commission. It should also be clearly specified in the certificate that they were not working in the regular service of the concern. The over aged candidates who become eligible to be included in the Ranked List on the basis of their provisional service in any Company/Corporation/Board/Authority/Society will be considered only in the vacancies reported by the same concerned, in which they have worked provisionally.
- The retrenched employees of the Kerala Fisheries Corporation will be given age relaxation as stipulated in the G.O.(Rt)No.1942/84/PW dtd. 31.12.1984 to the extent of their service subject to the condition that the maximum age limit shall not exceed 50 years. These candidates will also be given preference in the matter of recruitment among other candidates with equal marks. Such candidates should obtain a certificate from the Managing Director, Kerala Fisheries Corporation Limited to prove their length of service in the Company and the date of retrenchment and produce the same as and when required by the Commission.
- Literacy in Malayalam, Tamil or Kannada
- Must possess a Light Motor Driving Licence of atleast three years standing with endorsement for driving Light Duty Vehicles. (Candidate shall possess a Current Driving Licence and badge throughout all the stages of selection process as on the last date of application, OMR test, practical test, Interview etc.) 3 Proficiency in Driving Light Duty vehicles (to be proved in a practical test)
4. Medical Fitness :
a) Ear : Hearing should be full and perfect.
b) Eye :
|Right Eye||Left Eye|
|Distant Vision||6/6 Snellen||6/6 Snellen|
|Near Vision||0.5 Snellen||0.5 Snellen|
|Night Blindness ||Nil|
|Field of Vision||Must have full field of vision|
c) Muscles & Joints : No Paralysis and all joints with free movements.
d) Nervous System : Perfectly normal and free from any infectious diseases.
Note : Details regarding standards of vision should be clearly stated in the certificate as given above and vague statements such as vision Normal etc. will Photo of the candidate not be accepted. Specification for each eye should be stated separately, Special attention should be directed to the distant vision. Required standard of vision are as follows.
|Right Eye||Left Eye|
|(a) Distant Vision||6/6 Snellen ||6/6 Snellen|
|(b) Near Vision||0.5 Snellen||0.5 Snellens|
|(c) Each eye must have full field of vision.
Note : Candidates called for the interview on the basis of the marks obtained in the practical test will have to produce a medical certificate in the prescribed form (in Original) containing all the relevant details as mentioned in item No.7 above from a Medical Officer not below the rank of Civil Surgeon.
- Physically handicapped persons are not eligible to apply for the post.
- Candidates should possess Current Driving Licence and Badge on the last date for receipt of applications in the office and also on the date of OMR test, Practical Test, Interview and at all stages of selection.
- The proficiency in driving will be assessed by the Commission by conducting a practical test.
8. Mode of submitting applications
Candidates shall register as per ‘One Time Registration‘ system on the Official Website of Kerala Public Service Commission ‘www.keralapsc.gov.in‘ for applying for the post. Candidates who have already registered shall apply by logging on to their profile using their UserID and password. Candidates shall click on the ‘Apply Now‘ button of the respective posts in the Notification link to apply for a post. No application fee is required.
Candidates can view and have a printout of the details in the profile by clicking the link Registration Card, if required. Candidates are responsible for the correctness of the personal information and secrecy of password. Before the final submission of the application on the profile, candidates must ensure the correctness of the information on their profile.
They must quote the UserID for further communication with the Commission. Applications once submitted will be received as provisional and particulars shall not be deleted or altered after submission. The application will be summarily rejected if non compliance with the notification is found in due course of processing. Documents to prove Qualification, experience, community, age etc. have to be produced as and when called for.
9. Last date for receipt of applications : 05th October, 2016 Wednesday up to 12 midnight
10. Which applications are to be sent : www.keralapsc.gov.in