Kerala PSC Recruitment 2015 for Divisional Accountant
Kerala PSC Applications are invited online only through ‘One Time Registration’ from qualified candidates belonging to the following communities in the state of Kerala for selection to the under mentioned post in Kerala Government Service.
Kerala PSC Divisional Accountant written exam will be held on 29th August, 2016 Monday 01.00 PM* to 04.30 PM.
Candidates can download the Admission Tickets from the link provided in he official website of KPSC www.keralapsc.gov.in from 16.08.2016.
1. Name of the Kerala PSC Department : Kerala General Service.
2. Name of Kerala PSC Post 2015 : Divisional Accountant.
3. Kerala PSC Divisional Accountant Scale of Pay 2015 : 18740 – 33680/-.
4. Number of Kerala PSC Divisional Accountant vacancies & Method of Appointment :
|1.||Viswakarma||2 ( Two )||Category No.140 / 2015|
|2.||Scheduled Caste||6 ( Six )||Category No.141 / 2015|
|3.||Muslim / Mappila||4 ( Four )||Category No.142 / 2015|
|4.||Scheduled Tribe||2 ( Two )||Category No.143 / 2015|
|5.||Other Christian||1 ( One )||Category No.144 / 2015|
|6.||Dheevara||1 ( One )||Category No.145 / 2015|
|7.||Hindu Nadar||1 ( One )||Category No.146 / 2015|
|8.||Ezhava / Thiyya / Billava||2 ( Two )||Category No.147 / 2015|
|9.||Latin Catholic / Anglo Indian||1 ( One )||Category No.148 / 2015|
The above vacancies are now in existence. The Ranked list published as per this notification for each community mentioned above, will be valid until candidates are advised and appointed against the above vacancies earmarked for each community, but remains unfilled due to the paucity of candidates during the currency of the Ranked List published on 17.04.2013 for the post.
5. Method of Appointment : Direct Recruitment.
( Only from candidates belonging to reservation group mentioned in this notification. But applications of Scheduled Tribe candidates will be considered in the absence of Scheduled Caste candidates ).
6. Age Limit for Kerala PSC Divisional Accountant 2015 :
- For OBC candidates 18 – 39. Only candidates born between 02.01.1976 and 01.01.1997 ( both dates included are eligible to apply ) [ Including age relaxation as per para 2(i) of the General Conditions ].
- For SC / ST candidates 18 – 41. Only candidates born between 02.01.1974 and 01.01.1997 ( both dates included are eligible to apply ) [ Including age relaxation as per para 2(i) of the General Conditions ].
( For details regarding the age relaxation, see para 2 of the General Conditions ).
7. Kerala PSC Divisional Accountant Qualifications and Conditions for Recruitment 2015 : A University Degree with at least a Second class.
- In the case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes / Scheduled Tribes the minimum Educational Qualification will be a Degree.
- Rule 10(a)ii of Part II KS & SSR is applicable.
8. Kerala PSC Divisional Accountant Examination 2015 : Recruitment of candidates will be made on the basis of a competitive test. The subjects and minimum marks required for a pass in the descriptive examination will be as follows.
|Sl.No.||Subjects||Maximum marks||Minimum marks required for a pass||Percentage|
|1.||General Knowledge Precis and General English||150||60||40|
|2.||Elementary Book Keeping||150||60||40|
|3.||Arithmetic and mensuration|
( Elementary but practical )
- A separate minimum of 30% for papers (I) and (II) and 35% for paper III is prescribed in the case of candidates belonging to Scheduled Castes and Scheduled Tribes.
- The duration of each of the 3 papers will be 3 hours.
- The date and venue of the tests will be notified later.
- No candidate will be allowed to appear for the examination more than thrice. A declaration in this regard should be produced as and when called for by the commission.
9. Kerala PSC Divisional Accountant Syllabus of the Examination 2015 :
1. General Knowledge : The paper is intended to test the ability of the candidate to write in clear and simple English and would cover questions on General Knowledge, Precis of a given passage and General English.
2. Elementary Book Keeping : The paper in this subject will be of a fairly elementary nature. “The Students Complete Commercial Book Keeping, Accounting and Banking” by Arthur Fieldhouse is prescribed as the text book for the paper on this subject. It should be supplemented by a knowledge of the following chapters in “Advanced Accounts” by R.N. Carter ( Latest Edition ). When these chapters cover the same group as Fieldhouse, the questions will be prepared from Carter and not from Fieldhouse.
- Chapter I : Book Keeping up to Trial Balance.
- Chapter II : Trading and Profit and Loss – Accounts and Balance sheet.
- Chapter V : Depreciation, Sinking Fund, Reserves, Reserve Funds, Secret Reserve.
- Chapter VI : Bills of Exchange, Promissory Notes, Cheques.
- Chapter VII : Portion relating to Voyage Account.
- Chapter IX : Self Balancing Ledgers.
- Chapter X : Capital and Revenue, Revenue Account, Receipts and Payments Accounts, Income and Expenditure Account.
- Chapter XVI : Manufacturing and Working Accounts and Cost Book Mining Company.
- Chapter XVII : Cost Accounts.
- Chapter XVIII : Double Account system.
Note : If there is any change in the subject of these chapters in the subsequent editions of “Carter”, candidates should read the corresponding chapters in the latest edition.
3. Arithmetic and Mensuration : The standard of this subject will be the same as that prescribed for the Matriculation or the School Leaving Certificate Examination. The Book “Mensuration for Indian Schools and Colleges.” part I by Pierpoint is prescribed as representing the standard expected of the candidates on this subject.
Note : As the Examination is a competitive one, no exemption from appearing in any subject will be granted to any candidate.
10. Kerala PSC Divisional Accountant Method of submitting Applications 2015 :
Before applying for the post, candidates should register as per “One Time Registration” Scheme through the Official website of Kerala Public Service Commission www.keralapsc.gov.in. Those who have already registered can apply by logging in to their profile using his / her User-ID and Password. No Kerala PSC Divisional Accountant application fee is required. Candidates can view, rectify defects and have a printout the details in the profile by clicking the link Registration Card after entering the home page. Candidates are responsible to ensure the correctness of the personal information and secrecy of password and they shall keep in mind the user ID for further communication with the Commission. Applications which are not submitted in accordance with the instructions given in the website will be summarily rejected. Documents to prove qualification, age, community etc have to be produced as and when called for.
11. Last Date of receipt of Kerala PSC Divisional Accountant Applications 2015 : 01.07.2015 Wednesday up to 12.00 midnight.
12. Address to which Kerala PSC Divisional Accountant Applications are to be sent : www.keralapsc.gov.in.
( Candidates must see the general conditions in Part II of the Gazette Notification for instructions regarding Photo, ID card etc. ).