Kerala PSC Recruitment 2016 for Assistant Professor
( Category No : 23/2016 to 31/2016 )
Applications are invited from qualified Scheduled Tribe candidates of Kerala State or selection to the following post. Applications must be submitted online through the official website of the Commission after One Time Registration. Candidates who have already registered can apply through their profile.
Name of Department : Medical Education.
Name of Post : Assistant Professor / Lecturer
(Special Recruitment for Scheduled Tribes only)
Sl No Category No Subject No.of vacancies
- 23/2016 : Anatomy : 01
- 24/2016 : Physiology : 01
- 25/2016 : Community Medicine : 01
- 26/2016 : Forensic Medicine : 01
- 27/2016 : Biochemistry : 01
- 28/2016 : Pharmacology : 01
- 29/2016 : Pathology : 01
- 30/2016 : Microbiology : 01
- 31/2016 : Blood Bank : 01
The above Vacancies are now in existence. The Ranked list of selected candidates published by the Commission shall remain in force for a minimum period of one year and a maximum period of three years provided that the said list will not continue to be in force if a new list after the expiry of the minimum period of one year is published. Recruitment will be made for the above vacancy and also for the vacancies reported for Special Recruitment from Scheduled Tribe only during the currency of the list.
Those who are appointed in the post should serve for 4 (Four) years during the first 10 (Ten) years of their service (including the period of training) anywhere in India or any other foreign country under defence service or services connected with defence, if required. Those who have completed 45 (Forty Five) years of age are exempted from the above Compulsory Military Service.
Scale of Pay for Kerala PSC Assistant Professor 2016 : As per UGC Norms
Method of Appointment : Direct Recruitment (Special Recruitment from among Scheduled Tribes only).
Applications received from candidates other than Scheduled Tribe candidates will be rejected. Individual communications regarding the rejection of their applications for the above reason will not be issued.
Age Limit for Kerala PSC Assistant Professor 2016 : 21 - 50 Only Candidates born between 02.01.1966 and 01.01.1995 (both dates included) are eligible to apply for this post. No other age relaxation will be allowed.
Kerala PSC Assistant Professor Qualifications 2016 :
- Medical Post Graduate Degree such as MD/MS from a recognized University or DNB in the concerned discipline.
- Three years Physical Teaching Experience or such other teaching experience as prescribed by the Medical Council of India.
- Permanent Registration under State Medical Council ( Travancore Cochin Medical Council )
- Part II Rule 10(a)ii of KS&SSR is applicable for this selection.
- The Post Graduate study period for Medical subjects will be considered as teaching experience for appointment as Assistant Professor provided the candidates have undergone Residency Programme during the Post Graduate Course period and in the case of candidates who have passed the Post Graduate course without undergoing residency programme a certificate shall be produced by the candidate from the Principal of the College to the effect that the candidate has got teaching / clinical work experience during the Post Graduate Course period.
- DNB qualifications must be acquired from a Medical College which is recognized by any of the Universities in Kerala. In the absence of candidates with the above qualifications candidates with (i)MBBS Degree from a recognized University. (ii) Permanent Registration under State Medical Council (TCMC) will be considered for the post of Lecturer (Salary as per UGC Norms)
Note Rule 10 (a) ii of Part II KS&SSR is applicable.
- Separate Applications should be submitted for each category by the applicants
- who desire to apply for more than one Lecturer post.
Mode of Submitting Kerala PSC Assistant Professor Application 2016 :
Candidates must register as per ‘One Time Registration’ with the official website of Kerala Public Service Commission www.keralapsc.gov.in before applying for the post. Candidates who have already registered can apply by logging on to their profile using their User ID and password. Candidates must click on the ‘Apply Now’ button of the respective posts in the Notification Link while applying for a post. No application fee is required. Candidates can view and have a printout of the details in the profile by clicking the link Registration Card. Candidates are responsible for the correctness of the personal information and secrecy of password. Before the final submission of each application, the candidates must ensure correctness of the information on their profile. They must quote the User ID for further communication with the Commission. Application once submitted is treated as provisional and cannot be deleted or altered after submission. The application will be summarily rejected if noncompliance with the notification is found in due course of processing. Documents to prove qualification, experience, community, age etc. have to be produced as and when called for.
Last Date for Receipt of Kerala PSC Assistant Professor Applications 2016 : 13.04.2016 Wednesday upto 12 Midnight.
Website Address : www.keralapsc.gov.in
Paragraphs two, three and twenty five (except the conditions laid down in the Rule 3 (C) of Part II of the Kerala State and Subordinate Service Rules) are not applicable to this selection.
Appointment are made on the basis of the rank secured in the ranked list of candidates prepared in pursuance of this notification subject to the conditions laid down in G.O.(P) No. 21/76/PD dated, 17.01.1976 and G.O.(P) No.25/94/GAD dated, 22.01.1994 allowing special reservations to Scheduled Tribes in accordance with the procedures made for this purpose from time to time and subject to the rules under sections 3(c), 17(a), 17(b) of Part II of Kerala State and Subordinate Service Rules, 1958.
“If a Written / OMR Test is conducted as part of this selection, Admission Ticket for eligible candidates will be made available in their Profile for One Time Registration and the date of downloading will be included in the Examination Calendar. Candidates can download Admission Ticket for 15 days from this date. Candidates who have downloaded the Admission Ticket will alone be permitted to attend the examination.”