Kerala PSC Recruitment 2015 for Assistant Jailor Grade II
Kerala PSC Applications are invited from qualified candidates for selection to the following post. Applications shall be submitted online only on the official website of the Commission after ‘One Time Registration’. Candidates who have already registered can apply through their profile.
1. Department : Jails.
2. Name of Post : Assistant Jailor Grade II ( Women and physically Handicapped candidates are not eligible to apply for this post ).
3. Kerala PSC Assistant Jailor Grade II Pay Scale 2015 : 14,620 – 25,280/-.
4. Number of Kerala PSC Vacancies 2015 : 08 ( Eight ).
The above Vacancies are now in existence. The list of selected candidates published by the Commission in response to this notification shall remain in force for a minimum period of one year provided that the said list will continue to be in force till the publication of a new list after the expiry of the minimum period of one year or till the expiry of three years whichever is earlier. Candidates will be advised from the said list against the vacancies noted above and the vacancies that may be reported to the Commission in writing during the period of currency of the list.
5. Method of Appointment : By Transfer of Service from senior Clerk / Upper Division Typist / Confidential Assistant working in Jail Department who are approved probationers.
Note : The Principles of rules of reservation and rotation prescribed in rule 14 to 17 of Part II of the Kerala State and Subordinate service Rules 1957 will not apply for this post. The Candidates will be advised against the reported vacancies in Rank order.
6. Age Limit for Kerala PSC Assistant Jailor Grade II 2015 : Not applicable.
7. Kerala PSC Assistant Jailor Grade II Qualifications 2015 :
- Must have passed eligibility test conducted by the Kerala Public Service Commission for the purpose.
- Physical Conditions- Must be physically fit and should possess the following minimum physical standards.
Must have at least 165 cms height and 81.3 cms round the chest on full expiration and must have a chest expansion of 5 cms.
Note 1 : A height of 160 cms will be sufficient for the candidates belonging to SC and ST.
Note 2 : The Physical measurement of the candidates will be taken at the time of physical Efficiency Test and those who do not possess the prescribed Physical measurements will not be admitted for the Physical Efficiency Test.
3. Standards of Vision : Must be certified to possess the following visual Standards without glasses.
|SI. No.||Vision||Right Eye||Left Eye|
|(a)||Distant Vision||6/6 Snellen||6/6 Snellen|
|(b)||Near Vision||0.5 Snellen||0.5 Snellen|
- Each eye must have full field of vision, Colour blindness, squint or any morbid condition of the Eyes or lids of either eye will be deemed to be a disqualification.
- Must be free from apparent physical defects like Knock-knee, Flat Foot, Varicose veins, Bow legs, Deformed limbs, irregular and protruding teeth, defective speech and hearing.
Candidates should produce at the time of Physical Efficiency Test a Medical Certificate in original in the form prescribed here under certifying to their physical fitness and eye sight without glasses. The Medical Certificate should be one obtained from a Medical Officer not below the rank of an Assistant surgeon.
Note : Details regarding standards of vision should be clearly stated in the certificate, as given above and vague statements such as vision ‘Normal’ ‘Average’ etc. will not be accepted. Specification of each eye should be stated separately against each item If the specifications are not as indicated above, the officer issuing the certificate should notify whether the candidate has got better standards of vision or worse standards of vision, as the case may be, otherwise the certificate will not be accepted.
4. Physical Efficiency Test : Candidates must qualify in at least 5 out of 8 items in the Physical Efficiency Test qualifying the minimum standards of efficiency as noted below :
|Sl. No.||Events||One Star Standards|
|1.||100 Meters Run||14 Seconds|
|2.||High Jump||132.20 cms ( 4'6” )|
|3.||Long Jump||457.20 cms ( 15' )|
|4.||Putting the Shot ( 7264 gms )||609.60 cms ( 20' )|
|5.||Throwing the cricket ball||6096 cms ( 200' )|
|6.||Rope climbing ( using hand only )||365.80 cms ( 12' )|
|7.||Pull ups or chinning||8 times|
|8.||1500 meters run||5 minutes & 44 seconds|
If accidents or injuries happen to a candidate while participating in the physical Efficiency Test, he will not be given further chance to participate in the test.
8. Probation : Every person appointed as Assistant Jailor Grade II shall, from the date on which he joins duty, be on probation, for a total period of one year on duty within a continuous period of two years.
9. Training :
- Assistant Jailors appointed by transfer from Ministerial Branch of the Department shall within the period of probation undergo in-service training as prescribed by the Head of Department.
- Assistant Jailors appointed by transfer shall undergo training at Regional Institute of Correctional Administration / State Institute of Correctional Administration as prescribed by the Head of Department.
10. Mode of Submitting Kerala PSC Assistant Jailor Grade II Applications 2015 :
Candidates must register as per “One Time Registration” with the Official Website of Kerala Public Service Commission ‘www.keralapsc.gov.in‘ before applying for the post. Candidates who have registered can apply by logging in to their profile using their User-ID and password. Candidates must click on the `Apply Now’ button of the respective posts in the Notification Link to apply for a post. The photograph uploaded should be one taken on or 31/12/2010. Name of the candidate and the date of taking photograph should be printed at the bottom portion. The photograph once uploaded meeting all requirements shall be valid for 10 years from the date of uploading. There is no change in other instructions regarding the uploading of photographs. No application fee is required. Candidates shall take a printout of the application by clicking the link Registration Card in their profile.
Candidates are responsible for the correctness of the personal information and secrecy of password. Before the final submission of the application on the profile, candidates must ensure the correctness of the information on their profile. They must quote their User-ID for further communication with the Commission. Application submitted is provisional and cannot be deleted or altered after submission. The Application will be summarily rejected if non-compliance with the notification is found in due course of processing. Documents to prove Qualification, experience, Community, age etc. have to be produced as and when called for.
11. Last Date of Receipt of Kerala PSC Assistant Jailor Grade II Applications 2015 : 16.09.2015 Wednesday upto 12 Midnight.
12. If Kerala PSC Assistant Jailor Grade II Written Test / OMR Test is conducted as a part of the selection Admission Tickets of eligible candidates will be made available in the profile of the candidates created as per the one time registration facility of Kerala Public Service Commission. Candidates are instructed to download and print their Admission tickets as per the instructions mentioned in the website / profile.
( For details please see the General Conditions given below as Part II of this Notification ).