Kerala PSC Recruitment 2016 for Assistant Engineer
Kerala Public Service Commission applications are invited online only by One Time Registration from qualified candidates for selection to the under mentioned post in Kerala Government Service.
1. Department : Irrigation
2. Name of Post : Assistant Engineer (Mechanical)
3. Scale of Pay : 39500-83000/- (Revised)
4. Number of vacancies : 7(Seven)
The above vacancies are now in existence. The list of selected candidates published by the Commission in response to this notification shall remain in force for a minimum period of one year provided that the said list will continue to be in force till the publication of a new list after the expiry of the minimum period of one year or till the expiry of three years whichever is earlier.
Candidates will be advised from the said list against the vacancies noted above and that may be reported to the Commission in writing during the period of currency of the list.
- Persons appointed to the above post shall be liable notwithstanding that at the time of requisition of the services, they are holding higher appointments to serve for a minimum period of 4 years (including periods spent on training if any) in the Defence Service or on assignment relating to Defence efforts anywhere in India or abroad if so required. This liability to serve in Defence Service will be limited to the first 10 years of service and will not be ordinarily apply to persons above 40 years of age.
- 3% of the vacancies shall be reserved for Differently abled candidates (Category : Locomotor disability/Cerebral Palsy, Low Vision, Hearing Impairment) for recruitment to the post as per GO (P) No.119/05/SWD dated 06.08.2005 & GO(P)43/2009/SWD dated 13.10.2009 except Departmental Quota
5. Kerala PSC Method of Appointment : Direct Recruitment
6. Age limit for Kerala PSC Assistant Engineer Post 2016 : 20-40, Only candidates born between 02.01.1976 and 01.01.1996 (both dates included) are eligible to apply for the post. (For conditions regarding age relaxation please see Para 2 of the General Conditions)
7. KPSC Assistant Engineer Recruitment 2016 Qualifications :
Degree in Engineering
- B.Sc. Degree in Mechanical Engineering of the Kerala University or its equivalent. OR
- B.E. Degree in Mechanical Engineering of the Madras University or its equivalent. OR
- Associate Membership Diploma of the Institution of Engineers (India) in Mechanical Engineering or any other qualifications recognised as equivalent to a degree. OR
- Pass in Section A & B of the Associate Membership Examination of the Institution of Engineers (India) in Mechanical Engineering. OR
- Any other qualification recognised by the Government as equivalent to B.Sc. Degree in Mechanical Engineering of the Kerala University.
8. a) Mode of submitting Kerala PSC Application : Candidates must register as per ‘One Time Registration’ with the official Website of Kerala Public Service Commission ‘www.keralapsc.gov.in‘ before applying for the post. Candidates who have registered can apply by logging on to their profile using their User-ID and password.
Candidates must click on the ‘Apply Now’ button of the respective posts in the Notification Link to applying for a post. The Photograph uploaded should be one taken after 31.12.2010. Name of the candidate and the date of taking photograph should be printed at the bottom portion. The photograph once uploaded meeting all requirements shall valid for 10 years from the date of uploading.
There is no change in other instructions regarding the uploading of photographs. No application fee is required. Candidates shall take a printout of the application by clicking the link Registration Card in their profile. Candidates are responsible for the correctness of the personal information and secrecy of password. Before the final submission of the application on the profile candidates must ensure correctness of the information on their profile.
They must quote the User-ID for further communication with the Commission. Application submitted is provisional and cannot be deleted or altered after submission. The application will be summarily rejected if noncompliance with the notification is found in due course of processing. Documents to prove qualification, Experience, Community, age etc. have to be produced as and when called for.
(b) If a Written/OMR Test is conducted as part of this selection, Admission Ticket for eligible candidates will be made available in their Profile for One Time Registration and the date of downloading will be included in the Examination Calendar. Candidates can download Admission Ticket for 15 days from this date. Candidates who have downloaded the Admission Ticket will alone be permitted to attend the examination.
9. Last date for submission of Kerala PSC application : 02nd November, 2016 (Wednesday) upto 12.00 Midnight.