Kerala PSC 1st Grade Surveyors and Head Surveyors Departmental Exam 2016
Departmental Examination for 1st Grade Surveyor’s and Head Surveyor’s Test – April 2016
1. Applications are invited for the Departmental Test for the 1st Grade Surveyor’s and Head Surveyor’s introduced in G.O.(Ms) 521/66/RD dated 22-09-1966 as amended by G.O (Rt) 632/81/RD dated 10.06.1981.
2. The Kerala PSC Departmental examination will be conducted at four centres viz Thiruvananthapuram, Kottayam, Thrissur and Kozhikode. The Practical Test under Part A of the First Grade Surveyor’s Test will normally be conducted at 3 Centres viz, Thiruvananathapuram, Thrissur and Kannur.
3. The exact date and place of the Kerala PSC 1st Grade Surveyors and Head Surveyors examination will be notified in due course.
4. The test consist of two parts with four papers as shown below :
First Grade Surveyor’s Test – 3 Papers – Written Test ( two papers ) and One Practical Test.
Head Surveyors Test – One paper ( Written Test ).
5. Candidates shall get a separate minimum of 40% of the marks in each paper to secure a pass.
6. Where the test is prescribed as part of the probation or training of an officer ( whether recruited direct or by transfer ) or for the purpose of making him eligible for increment or for confirmation in any post for promotion to higher post or where it is prescribed as a qualification necessary for an officer to continue his post without penalty and where it has been newly imposed on persons already in the Service concerned, no fee will be levied. This concession will however be limited to one chance for the test, irrespective of the number of papers or parts of the test applied for and from the second chance onwards fee will be levied subject to the following provisions.
i.”For the above purpose the mere fact of having applied for the test will be taken to mean that the candidate has appeared for the test”.
NB : Government have clarified in GO (Ms) 166/76/PD dated 04.06.1976 that for purpose of the concessions allowed in the GO (MS) No 336/68/P dated 06.11.1968.
( As classified in GO (Ms) No. 29/75/PD dated 06.02.1975 and GO (Ms) No 26/76/PD dated 25.01.1976 ). Higher post means not only the immediate higher post, but any higher post coming in the line of promotion in the department concerned.
7. Any candidate who does not behave properly towards the Chief Superintendents and Assistant Superintendents of the Examination or is found to have had recourse to malpractice of any kind will have his examination invalidated. He will also be liable to be debarred from appearing for any of the examination conducted by the Public Service Commission for such period as the Commission may decide.
Besides the matter will be reported to the Head of Department and Director, Vigilance Department for further action. The same penalty will be imposed on any candidate who attempts to canvas or to bring influence to bear on an examiner or member of the Commission or their staff in connection with the examination or on whose behalf such attempts is made by any other person.
8. The question papers which can be answered by reference to books in the examination hall have been indicated in the syllabus with the words “with book” within brackets. In such cases candidates will be permitted to bring only the Text Books prescribed for the respective papers. The use of the books containing notes or commentaries and guides, digests, summaries etc will not be allowed in the examination hall.
9. Any communication with the Commission shall be addressed only to the Joint Secretary, Departmental Test, Public Service Commission, Pattom Palace, Thiruvananthapuram – 4. The timetable and further information regarding the test will be published in the official website in due course.
Kerala PSC 1st Grade Surveyors and Head Surveyors Application Form
1. Kerala PSC Applications are invited from the candidates for the Departmental Test for Ist Grade Surveyor’s and Head Surveyor’s through Online only. Applications submitted through other means will be summarily rejected.
2. Before submitting applications candidates must register as per One Time Registration on the official website of the Kerala Public Service Commission www.keralapsc.gov.in in order to apply for the test. While doing the registration candidates must upload a recent photo of prescribed size and the personal details such as Date of birth, address, designation & Official address etc. Then a user ID will be allotted. Candidates himself may be chosen the password and user ID.
Candidates are responsible for the correctness of the information and secrecy of password. Before applying for the test, candidates must ensure correctness of the information in his / her profile. They must quote the user ID for further communication with the Kerala Public Service Commission. The application will be summarily rejected, if non-compliance with the notification is found during the processing of application.
Instructions regarding uploading the photo
- Photographs uploaded should be of colour / black and white taken after 31.12.2010. The name of the candidate and the date of taking photograph should be printed at the bottom. It should be without cap or goggles ( Except those worn in adherence to religious custom ). Uploading photograph should be 200 pixels height, 150 pixels width, not exceeding a file size of 30 kb, in jpg format. The face and shoulders should be clear, background should be white / light coloured, face centrally focused and eyes open and vivid.
- Candidates shall download their Admission Ticket and Identification certificates with photo through their profile. Candidate have to produce the attested Admission ticket and Identification certificate and the original challan at the time of examination. Otherwise they will not be allowed to attend the examination.
3. Candidates can be applied for the departmental tests by the same user ID & password in future in response to the notifications invited by the commission on each time.
4. The candidates for the examinations will have to satisfy all the conditions laid down in G.O. (P) No. 481/Public ( Special ) Department dated : 8.11.1963 and the amendments issued thereto.
5. Examination Fee / Certificate Fee :
- The examination fee prescribed is 75/- per paper vide GO(P) No 409/2014 Fin dated 23/09/2014 and Certificate Fee is 100/-.
- An internet banking enabled bank account is required for e-payment.
- The applicant must ensure that Examination Fee / Certificate Fee due are remitted within the last date.
- The applicant must remit fees through the Make Payment (e-Payment) link in their profile before the last date. Payment by other means such as Treasury Chalan, Crossed Postal Order, e-Chalan etc will not be accepted.
- The applicant can note down the GR Number (Government Reference Number), generated during e-Payment, for transaction failure clarifications, if any.
- Fees, once remitted, will not be refunded/adjusted under any circumstances. Hence, before proceedings to e-Payment, the applicant must ensure that they have applied for the correct examinations, papers and certificates.
- Change in Head of Account is also not allowed, once the remittance is made, i.e, fees remitted under Certificate Fees cannot be converted as Examination Fees.
- However, changes in the papers/examination applied can be made till the last date of application.
- The certificate fee need not be remitted for those examinations, for which applied as per earlier notifications (January 2011 onwards) and the applicant had applied for the examinations in that term and the original Chalan had been verified.
- For those who applied as per earlier notifications (January 2011 onwards) and did not appear for any of the examinations in that term must remit the certificate fee through e-payment.
- In case of transaction failures, the applicant can clarify the status of their transaction from the Treasury/Bank concerned.
6. The syllabus of the Kerala PSC 1st Grade Surveyors and Head Surveyors examination, the maximum and the minimum marks required for a pass. Books will not be supplied from this office for reference in the examination hall.
7. The admission tickets of eligible candidates will be made available in their profiles. Candidates can download Admission Ticket online by logging into their profile using their ID and password.
8. Candidates can make any changes in their application up to the last date of receipt of applications. Application will be admitted on the basis of the details and photos existing on the last date of receipt of application.
9. On the first day of the examination candidates must produce Identity Certificate duly attested by the Head of Office at the time of examination and handed over to the officers concerned. Otherwise answer script will be invalidated. Candidates without Admission Ticket, Identification Certificate will not be permitted to attend the examination. Office seal & designation seal must be affixed below the signature of the candidate.
10. The date and time of exam will be intimated through mass media and the website of KPSC ( www.keralapsc.gov.in ). No individual intimation will be served.
11. Last Date of Receipt of Kerala PSC 1st Grade Surveyors and Head Surveyors Application by Online : 4th May, 2016
12. Applications with photos that is not as per para 2 (a) will be rejected and is non-Appealable.
Syllabus for the First Grade Surveyor / Head Surveyor Test
First Grade Surveyor Test
|Paper||Time||Syllabus||Maximum Marks||Minimum Marks ( 40% )|
|Paper I||2 Hours||Kerala Survey & Boundaries Act and Rules issued there under ( with books ) - |
Kerala Survey Manual Volume 1 only.
|Paper II||3 Hours||Executive Instructions issued for the Survey of Land in Kerala and the Maintenance of Land Records ( only Chamber’s, Tables and Boilou’s, Travers’, Tables allowed in the examination hall ) Portions covered by Kerala Survey Manual and Subsequent instruction issued for the conduct of Survey and Maintenance of Land Records. Scientific Calculator also allowed in the examination Hall.||100||40|
|Paper III||Practical Test in Theodolite Survey Processes, Survey of obstructed lines, replacement of missing stones in the several systems of Survey, Azimuth, Observations, Triangulation of Distance etc. Scientific Calculator also allowed in the examination hall.||50||20|
Head Surveyor’s Test
Time : 3 hours.
Maximum Marks : 100.
Minimum Marks : 40.
Written test on boundary dispute and allied matters ( with books : kerala survey manual ).
1. The candidates are allowed to appear for part B only after passed Paper I, II & III under Part A.
2. Candidates who apply for Head Surveyor Test must send the details of the First Grade Surveyor Test that they have already passed, to the Joint Secretary, Department Test, Kerala Public Service Commission, Pattom Palace, Thiruvananthapuram – 04, within 15 days of date of notification.