Kerala PSC 1st Grade Draftsman / Head Draftsman Departmental Exam 2015
Departmental Examination for Ist Grade Draftsman / Head Draftsman February 2015
1. Kerala PSC Applications are invited from Draftsman in the Survey and Land Records Department for admission to the Ist Grade Draftsman’s and Head Draftsman’s Test, introduced in G.O(MS)577/Revenue(E) Department dated 30-06-1965 as amended by G.O(Rt)568/82/RD dated 05-05-1982.
2. The Kerala PSC 1st Grade Draftsman / Head Draftsman test will be held according to the syllabus given below to the notification at the following four centers :
3. Where test is prescribed as part of the probation or training of an officer ( whether recruited direct or by transfer ) or for the purpose of making him eligible for increment or for confirmation in any post, or for promotion to a higher post, or where it is prescribed as qualification necessary for an officer to continue in his post without penalty and where it has been newly imposed or persons already in service concerned when the test is prescribed, no fee will be levied. This concession will however, be limited to one chance for each test and from the second chance onwards fee will be levied subject to the following provisions.
“Having applied for a test accordingly will be taken to mean that the candidate has already appeared for the test”.
- Government have clarified in G.O(MS) No. 166/76/PD dated 04-06-1976 that for the purpose of the concession allowed in the G.O(MS) No. 336/68/PD dated 06-11-1968 has clarified in G.O(MS) No.29/75/PD dated 05-02-75 and G.O(MS) No.26/76/PD dated 25-01-76 higher post means not only the immediate higher post, but any higher post coming in the line of promotion in the Department concerned.
4. The duration, maximum marks and the minimum required for a pass are furnished below :
|Paper||Duration||Maximum Marks||Minimum Marks Required for a Pass|
5. The time table for the test and further instructions regarding to the test will be published in official website / media in due course.
General Instructions to Candidates
1. Applications are invited from Draftsman in the Survey and Land Records Department for Admission to the Departmental Examination prescribed for them through Online only. Kerala PSC 1st Grade Draftsman / Head Draftsman Applications submitted through other means will be summarily rejected.
2. Before submitting applications candidates must register as per One Time Registration on the official website of the Kerala Public Service Commission www.keralapsc.gov.in before applying the test. While doing the registration candidates must upload a recent photo of prescribed size and the personal details such as Date of birth, address, designation & Official address etc. Then a user ID will be allotted. Candidates himself may be chosen the password and user ID. Candidates are responsible for the correctness of the information and secrecy of password. Before applying for the test, candidates must ensure correctness of the information in his / her profile. They must quote the user ID for further communication with the Kerala Public Service Commission. The application will be summarily rejected, if non-compliance with the notification is found during the processing of application.
Instructions Regarding Uploading the Photo
- Photographs uploaded should be of colour / black and white taken after 31.12.2010. The name of the candidate and the date of taking photograph should be printed at the bottom. It should be without cap or goggles ( Except those worn in adherence to religious custom ). Uploading photograph should be 200 pixels height, 150 pixels width, not exceeding a file size of 30 kb, in jpg fomat. The face and shoulders should be clear, background should be white / light coloured, face centrally focused and eyes open and vivid.
- Candidates shall download their Admission Ticket and Identification certificates with photo through their profile. Candidate have to produce the attested Admission ticket and Identification certificate and the original chalan at the time of examination. Otherwise they will not be allowed to attend the examination.
- The prescribed fee must be paid into any Government treasury under the Head of Account “0051 PSC 105 State PSC 99 Examinations Fee”. The fee for certificate is 100/-, that must be paid under the Head of Account “0051-PSC-800-State PSC-99-other receipts”. Chalan number, Date, Amount and Name of treasury should be entered through their profile before the last date. Candidates can be applied for the departmental tests by the same user ID & password in future in response to the notifications invited by the commission on each time.
- The candidates for the examinations will have to satisfy all the conditions laid down in G.O. (P) No. 481/Public (Special) Department dated: 8.11.1963 and the amendments issued thereto.
- The fee prescribed for the test is 75/- ( Rupees seventy five only ) per paper vide G.O.(P) No. 409/2014 Fin dated 23.09.2014.
- The fee once paid by a candidate will not be refunded or adjusted against a future examination on any account. Candidates are therefore advised to satisfy themselves that the particulars required are given correctly in the application.
- The syllabus of the examination, the maximum and the minimum marks required for a pass etc. are given below. Books will not be supplied from this office for reference in the examination hall.
- The admission tickets of eligible candidates will be made available in their profiles. Candidates can download Admission Ticket online by logging into their profile using their ID and password.
- Candidates can make any changes in their application up to the last date of receipt of applications. Application will be admitted on the basis of the details and photos existing on the last date of receipt of application.
- On the first day of the examination candidates must produce Identity Certificate duly attested by the Head of Office at the time of examination and handed over to the officers concerned. Otherwise answer script will be invalidated. Candidates without Admission Ticket, Identification Certificate, Original chalan will not be permitted to attend the examination. Office seal & designation seal must be affixed below the signature of the candidate.
- The date and time of exam will be intimated through mass media and the website of KPSC ( www.keralapsc.gov.in ). No individual intimation will be served.
- Last date of receipt of Kerala PSC 1st Grade Draftsman / Head Draftsman application by online is 25.03.2015.
- Applications with photos that is not as per para 2 (a) will be rejected and is non Appealable.
The Kerala PSC 1st Grade Draftsman / Head Draftsman Syllabus and books prescribed as per G.O(Rt)1845/81/RD dated 20-10-1981 and revised as per G.O(Rt) 568/82/PD dated 05-05-1992.
For Promotion to the Grade of I Grade Draftsman
|Subject||Name of Books|
|Computation and Mapping Higher Computation including Azimuth computation. Spherical to rectangular Coordinates, calculation for convergence solution of triangles, harmonization, organization and methods in drawing branch ( without books )||Chamber’s Mathematical Tables and Boileaus tables allowed in the Examination Hall. Portions covered by Kerala Survey Manuals subsequent instructions issued for the conduct of Survey and maintenance of Land Records Plane and Geodetic Surveying vol. I by late David Clerk, Glancy Manual. Scientific Calculator also allowed in the Examination Hall.|
|Subject||Name of Books|
|Kerala Survey and Boundaries Act and the Rules issued there under ( with Books )||Kerala Survey Manual vol. I only|
|Subject||Name of Books|
|Boundary disputes, compilation of maps, map projection, preparation of negatives for colour printing and original for photo reduction ( with books )||Kerala Survey manual Vol. I, II and III.|
1. Only those who have passed Paper I and Paper II are allowed to appear for Paper III ( Head Draftsman Test ).
2. Applicants of Head Draftsman Test must send the details of Ist Grade Draftsman Test that they have already passed to Joint Secretary, Departmental Test Wing, KPSC, Pattom Palace PO, TVPM – 4 within 15 days of date of Notification.