Jammu and Kashmir PSC Recruitment 2016 for Veterinary Assistant Surgeon
Jammu & Kashmir Public Service Commission,
Srinagar – 190 001.
Website : www.jkpsc.nic.in.
JKPSC Job Applications 2016 on prescribed form are invited from the permanent residents of Jammu & Kashmir State possessing the prescribed academic qualification and age for the posts of Veterinary Assistant Surgeon in Animal / Sheep Husbandry Department as per the category-wise break-up :
|Item No.||Name of the Discipline||OM||RBA||SC||ST||ALC||SLC||Total|
|083||Veterinary Assistant Surgeons (Animal Husbandry)||13||03||02||02||-||-||20|
|Veterinary Assistant Surgeons (Sheep Husbandry)||04||-||-||-||-||-||04|
Note : 3% Horizontal Reservation is available for Physically challenged persons.
JKPSC Veterinary Assistant Surgeon Pay Scale 2016 : 9300 – 34800 with Grade Pay of 5400.
JKPSC Veterinary Assistant Surgeon Qualification 2016
Bachelor’s Degree in Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry from a recognized University.
JKPSC Veterinary Assistant Surgeon Age Limit 2016
Age as on 1st January 2016
Minimum = 18 years,
Maximum = 40 years,
Physically handicapped candidates = 42 years,
Candidates belonging to RBA / SC / ST / ALC / SLC categories = 43 years,
Ex-Serviceman = 48 years.
Note : Over-aged candidates having exceptional qualification relevant to the concerned subject may also apply at their own risk and responsibility without prejudice to the right of the Commission to reject their Application Form.
JKPSC Veterinary Assistant Surgeon Written Exam 2016
The written test for shortlisting the candidates will be conducted on 21.08.2016
JKPSC Veterinary Assistant Surgeon Exam Syllabus 2016
Animal Husbandry :
1. General : Importance of livestock in Agriculture, Relationship between Plant and Animal Husbandry, Mixed farming Livestock and milk production statistics.
2. Genetics : Elements of genetics and breeding as applied to improvement of animals. Breeds of indigenous and exotic cattle, buffaloes, goats, sheeps, pigs and poultry and their potential of milk, eggs, meat and wool production.
3. Nutrition : Classification of feeds, feeding standards, computation of ration and mixing of rations, conservation of feeds and fodder.
4. Management : Management of livestock (Pregnant and milking cows, young stock), livestock records, principles of clean milk production, economies of livestock farming Livestock housing.
- Major contagious diseases affecting cattle and drought animals, poultry and pigs.
- Artificial insemination, fertility and sterility.
- Veterinary hygiene with reference to water, air and habitation.
- Principles of immunization and vaccination.
- Description, symptoms, diagnosis and treatment of the following diseases of :
- Cattle : Anthrax, Foot and mouth disease, Haemorrhagic, Septicaemia, Rinderpest, Black quarter, Tympanitis, Diarrhoea, Pneumonia, Tuberculosis, Johnes disease and diseases of new born calf.
- Poultry : Coccidiosis, Ranikhet, Fowl Pox, Avian leukosis, Marks Disease.
- Swine : Swine fever.
- (a) Poisons used for killing animals.
(b) Drugs used for doping of race horses and the techniques of detection.
(c) Drugs used to tranquilize wild animals as well as animals in captivity.
(d) Quarantine measures prevalent in India and abroad and improvements therein.
1. Study of milk composition, physical properties and food value.
2. Quality control of milk, common tests, legal standards.
3. Utensils and equipment and their cleaning.
4. Organization of Dairy, processing of milk and distribution.
5. Manufacture of Indian indigenous milk products.
6. Simple dairy operations.
7. Micro-organisms found in milk and dairy products.
8. Diseases transmitted through milk to man.
B. Questions relating to General Knowledge
Questions on General Knowledge, shall comprise National Affairs, J&K Affairs and questions relevant to the subject. It is further notified that :
- No. of questions shall be 120 out of which 100 shall be on the subject matter (as per syllabus) and 20 questions on General Knowledge.
- Questions shall be of Multiple choice with one correct answer.
- Time duration shall be 2 hours.
- Papers shall be in English.
JKPSC Veterinary Assistant Surgeon Exam Center 2016
- The Examination will be held at different centres located in Srinagar and Jammu cities.
- The allotment of centres shall be at the sole discretion of the Commission and once a centre is allotted to a candidate, request for change of centre will neither be entertained nor will the Commission respond to request for change of centre.
JKPSC Veterinary Assistant Surgeon Scheme of Selection 2016
The selection of candidates shall be made strictly in accordance with rule 40 & 51 of J&K PSC (Business & Procedure) Rules 1980 amended vide notification no’s : PSC/Exam/2016/47 & PSC/Exam/2016/48 dt: 12.05.2016.
JKPSC Veterinary Assistant Surgeon Examination Fee 2016 :
After successful submission of the form online, a challan will be generated indicating the basic details of the candidate which inter-alia shall indicate the amount of fee to be deposited in the J&K Bank branch as given below :
General Category = 805.00
Reserved Categories = 405.00
The total amount of fee payable shall include 05/- as service charges of the J&K Bank.
JKPSC Veterinary Assistant Surgeon Application Form 2016
The Commission has developed an online Application Form for the Direct Recruitment posts. The Application Form together with instructions for filling up the Application Forms will be available at the website of the Commission from 23.06.2016.
Candidates are advised to go through the instructions and all the eligibility conditions prescribed for the post before filing the online Application Form.
Last date for filing of online Application complete in all respects is 23.07.2016.
Last date for depositing of fee through bank challan is 25.07.2016.
Date for determining the eligibility of all candidates in every respect shall be the prescribed closing date for submission of online recruitment application. The applicants are advised to fill in all their particulars in the online recruitment application carefully as submission of wrong information my lead to rejection of online application form.
All applicants must fulfill the essential requirements of the post and other conditions stipulated in the advertisement in terms of eligibility. They are also advised to satisfy themselves before filing online application that they possess at least the essential qualifications prescribed for post(s). The Commission shall not entertain any enquiry regarding the eligibility.
The prescribed essential qualifications are the minimum and the mere possession of the same does not entitle candidates to be called for interview.
The candidate should give his/her 1st & 2nd service preference in the online application form i.e Animal Husbandry Department and Sheep Husbandry Department.
Candidates are not required to submit to the Commission either by post or by hand the printout of their online application or any other document.
The Commission will not be responsible for any postal/courier delays after the above prescribed last date.